My Best Friend's Brother ||...

By LadyKimTae

"I'm never sure about a lot of things, like how the universe works and how fate works. But the one thing I've... More

••
-01-
-02-
-03-
-04-
-06-
-07-
-08-
-09-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
Thank you

-05-

7.9K 309 121
By LadyKimTae

•Few Days Later•

For the past few days were very long, and it turned into a whole week. After tomorrow we go to Paris, this week has been nothing but torture. I haven't been able to stop watching Jungkook when we're here at school, and.. it's not a surprise that everyone is seeing him with this really pretty girl. What did I expect?

He's literally been MIA for a week, he's so distant and I should've expected that too. He followed my advice about getting what he wants, the advice that let him fly away from me. He's gotten what he wants, which is her. We were both wrong, he was wrong about her and I was wrong about ever liking him. Which really sucks, it's like a kick in the baby hole.

Gosh I feel like shit, like that really steamy pile that you see when you're walking down the sidewalk and it's all smeared and stepped on the cement. And there are several poop footprints after.. and you feel bad for whoever stepped on it before because it smells like nasty ravioli. But you're just more angry at the owner because they didn't pick it up.

That's me, I'm the smeared dog poop on the floor that everyone thinks is gross and I smell like ravioli even though I didn't eat ravioli. Enough about poop talk, she's gorgeous. Jungkook really wasn't lying when he said that she was, JESUS! I feel like a fly on the wall. You've seen a fly right?

They're ugly and have little tiny hairs on their ugly ass head, and they throw up on their hands. Yeah, I feel like that. The girl he's talking to has short hair, she has huge eyes and her lips are full. Her skin is clear and it looks soft. She keeps her eyes on Jungkook as he talks and she smiles and nods.

I watch him shrug and throw out his lip in some sort of pout, and she shakes her head as she sets her hand on his shoulder telling him something. He looks over in our direction which causes me to quickly look down at my plate, then up at Jae who hasn't put her phone away since our sleep over and Jimin asked for her Kakao message.

GOSH! I FEEL SO SINGLE! Fuck my life, can someone fuck it for me please, because I hate it. "So what are you two talking about now?" I ask her, not really knowing anything else to do. "What?" She looks up at me as she laughs. "Nothing." I roll my eyes and look down again. "Mmm kay." She whispers as she goes back to her phone.

Wow, everyone has someone. Wait, hoe hold up, I have Kevin. How depressing, everyone has someone they could kiss and hug in a relationship way, I have my cat and fur in my mouth. Maybe I should take up a new hobby, like knitting.. or scrapbooking.

I don't even eat my food, I haven't been eating my lunch for the past few days since I've started seeing Jungkook with that girl. I guess I really am sick in love if I won't even eat like I usually do. I just move my rice around with my chopsticks and even smash some to the bottom of my plate. "Oh my gosh, do you know that girl that Jungkook is talking to?"

I hear someone as they pass by our table with their friends, my ears buzzing as they tune into their conversation. "No, I don't know her." The friend replies. "Yeah, but you don't at least know her name or anything?", "Yeah, I think her name is Aecha. She's in my class, she's really quiet though." I raise an eyebrow and look up at Jungkook, wow.

He likes someone else, but he's doing exactly what he said he wouldn't. I'm probably just overthinking this, I'm just a jealous bitch. My eyebrows then knit, what if Jimin told him something? It's a huge possibility that Jimin told Jungkook about the reality of him ever having a chance with her, is never.

Which I personally believe that Jungkook has a chance with her, even puppies would date him. But that's beastiality so I don't know why I'm thinking about that. If that girl really is Aecha, then something must've happened if he's hanging out with her and leading her on.

Because birdies have said, the birdies being my eyes with which I see because no one talks to me besides Jae, but she's too invested in her mochi to pay attention to me, that I see him walking her to class and stuff. I don't know her! And it's killing me!! "I need to go to the bathroom, can you come with me?" Jae asks and I get my stuff and put my food away.

"Yuna? You're not going to eat?" She asks as she sees that I haven't eaten my lunch. "Not hungry." I say simply as I put my box in my school bag. "Yuna, you didn't eat at the beginning of the week either. Are you okay?" She actually looks concerned. I didn't realize that she might have actually paid at least a little attention to me to have noticed.

"Yes I'm fine, I eat at home anyways." She watches me as we stand up. I look forward waiting for her to forget it so we can go. "Yuna." She says sternly. "Jae lets just go." I tell her. Surprisingly she drops it very quickly and we walk out of the canteen, probably because she's about to piss herself.

I don't even pay attention to Jungkook and the girl as we leave the canteen.

I wait for Jae outside the bathroom as I pull on the straps on my backpack. "Yuna." I want to be apart of the wall, I want to disappear from the light of day. I want to sink so far into the floor that I'm just a single grain of dirt. I turn and face the voice, "Hi." I force a smile. "Um.. I've been wanting to talk to you." He says, shifting his weight from side to side.

"About?" I slowly cross my arms over my chest, I'm scared he can see my heart pounding through my clothes. "The girl.." He starts. "Oh yeah, I've seen you with her.. she's really pretty and-", "That's not her." I knew that, I just wanted to hear him say it. But it doesn't make me feel any better honestly. "Oh.." I lick my lips.

"Her name is Aecha.. and she's a girl who asked me out but I rejected her. We're just friends." I slowly nod, I don't get why he feels the need to tell me this. "I've been.. um.." He looks down at his feet as he rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "Getting advice from her.." I raise an eyebrow. "My advice didn't help you?" I ask him.

"No! Of course your advice helped, it's just that her's is different." I bite my tongue. "Oh, wow good for you." I nod. "Wait, are you mad at me? You seem bothered by what I just said. I promise your advice helped me a lot.." Ooop shit, he noticed. "No." I shake my head. "Yuna, if you're mad at me.." his voice trails off and his eyebrows knit.

"What can I do so that you're not mad at me? Do you want me to tell you how your advice helped me?" He asks, such a weird thing to ask. "No it's fine because I'm not mad.", "But you are." He knows. But I'm not mad, I'm hurt for a reason that is dumb. The dumb reason called my feelings, I'm just jealous that he's going to that pretty Aecha girl for advice about his crush.

How can I tell him that I'm hurt because he likes another girl who isn't me? I want him to want me to kiss me and hold me. To hug me right now, hug me Jungkook I wish you'd just hug me. "I've just been stressed out that's all." I make something up. "Oh." He looks down at his hands as he picks at his nails. Why did he come up to me? Wait, he hasn't told me why.

"So, you were saying.." I look at him. "Ah?" He looks up at me and I'm lucky I'm leaning against the locker, I would've fallen back. His eyes looking straight into mine, his big doe eyes. He looks so adorable and attractive at the same from that angle. About the girl." I say quickly so I don't have to say it again. "Oh.." he nods.

I wait for him, to say it. But unlucky for me... Jae walks out and Jungkook's lips are shut tight, giving me the idea that he's not going to tell me in front of Jae. Which I feel like is a little better for myself because I don't know if I'm ready to hear who it is. I wonder if it's someone in our class, there are pretty girls.

Or maybe it is Aecha but he doesn't want to admit it to anyone else. Why would he tell me though? We're barely even friends. "Ewe, what do you want Jk?" Jae asks bluntly. "Nothing." He looks at her a little annoyed. "Okay, well the bell is going to ring so Jae and I are going to leave." I grab Jae's hand and lead her away from Jungkook, I don't even say bye.

And I also don't wait for him to either. "Was my brother harassing you? I can hit him if you want." Jae says. "No, he didn't do anything." I tell her. "I can read you like a book Yuna, I know something is wrong." I shake my head, "There's nothing, he was just asking more advice for that girl he likes.", "Oh!" She takes the bait, and I thank the bait gods that she did.

"He really likes her doesn't he? I can't wait until he tells me who it is and I can meet her and ask her what's wrong with her." I laugh, not because it's funny but because I'm trying not to be obvious. Yeah, I want to know who it is too, for personal reasons. One, because I want to know who it is. Two, because I want to see what she looks like. And three, I want to cry about it.

Not very good reasons but.. yeah. Once I know who it is I can force myself to stop liking Jungkook, and I can let him be happy with her.. even if it's not with me I'll be happy for him. "Because you know, my brother is kinda like.. a jerk." Jae tells me as we stop in front of our class to just talk. "You really think he is?" I ask her.

"No, my brother is pretty cool." She lets out a breath. "It's kind of annoying actually, how cool he is. He could probably have so many girlfriends and here I am not even having one boyfriend. Shouldn't I have the same amount of coolness? We came from the same womb, or did he get all of it? Which is annoying because he gets everything."

Jungkook is pretty cool. "If he's so good looking, how come I can't get any guys if I'm good looking too? Maybe it's because I look too much like Jungkook? And it's creepy?" I look at her. "No, you don't look too much like Jungkook. You're your own person." I tell her. "Nah, I feel like I look like him a lot." She says. I shake my head.

"You don't, listen to me." She frowns. "Then why doesn't anyone want me?" Same question I have for myself too. "Have you ever thought that maybe it's because of your brother?" I ask her, she gasps. "You think that Jungkook tells guys to not date me?" I shake my head, "Maybe guys don't want to date you because Jungkook is your brother."

She slowly nods, "That might be it honestly.", "Dang, sucks." I mumble. "Tell me about it, you don't have to worry about anyone." I let out a breath, "At least you have a brother.", "You have a Kevin." I laugh. "But he's a cat, you can't do much with a cat." She laughs also. "I guess but you still have a cat."

I smile, "Are you excited? In two more days we're already going to Paris.", "I'm only nervous because my English isn't so good." She frowns. "Well, maybe instead of texting that mochi, we can be practicing our English." She gasps. "Do you think that I've been talking to Jimin a lot?" She asks. I tap my chin "Well, let's see.."

I act like I'm thinking, "You've been on your phone since our sleepover sooo... yeah, I'd like to say you've been talking to him a lot." I tease her. "Oh my gosh, I'm such a horrible friend." I shake my head, "No! You're not, it's fine. If I were in your position I would ignore me too." I laugh.

"Yunaaaa." She whines. "Okay!! I'm kidding, but no seriously.. it's fine. I understand how exciting it must be for you to be texting the guy you've liked for years." I smile at her, her face is an apple. "Yeah.. it feels really nice." I then become concerned. "I just hope he isn't playing with you, or I'll hurt him really bad." I tell her. "Awe, I hope he's not either." The bell then rings and we head into the classroom and sit in our seats.

After a few students Jungkook walks in and I'm star struck, I watch him sit his cute little ass in his seat. DAMN IT! I shouldn't be acting like this, I need to get myself ready to get over him.

**

"You think my parents will let me get a hamster?" She asks me. I chuckle. "Hamster?" I ask. "Yeah, or maybe a little guinea pig? I think I want one of those." We're walking to our apartment complex, but Jungkook is not with us. He had decided to walk Aecha home today, and I was a little butt hurt about it. Still am, but then again I would've preferred that over her coming with us.

"I heard those things are cute." She nods "I want one, I'll ask my mom for one.", "I want to see one." I mumble. "But you do know that I looked up the other day because I was curious, that Kevin is hypoallergenic? So that means there's no way your father could get allergy symptoms around him. So in reality I could bring Kevin and it won't affect him." Jae gasps.

"Really!? How do you know!?" She asks excitedly, "He's a Siberian cat, and they are hypoallergenic. Maybe you can get a cat like him so your father won't be allergic." I suggest. "Eh." She shrugs and frowns, I also think it's because my father also just doesn't like cats.", "Oh." I mumble. We're quiet for a while, "I actually miss my brother being here."

I miss him too. "Yeah, I feel a little safer with him here." I confess. "Right? I'll make sure he doesn't walk anyone home anymore, so he can always walk with us." I laugh. "Okay." We make it into the complex and up to the Jeon's apartment. We right away get started on our homework and by then Jungkook walks in. I try my best not to look at him, I'm butt hurt. Still.

"You guys already start on math?" He asks. "Yeah sorry, maybe you can help yourself." Jae says, she's being a little rude. He licks his lips, "Okay." He nods. I don't say anything to him, he just sets his stuff down next to me and then goes into the kitchen to get something to drink. I finish my homework quickly before he comes back.

"Jae, do you need help with anything?" I ask as I stand up when Jungkook sits down next to me. Awe, I'm being mean. I'm being a salted cracker. "Oh, yes actually I do." And I walk over to her and assist her. I don't ask Jungkook once if he needs my help, which is really rude of me but... I have no excuse except my feelings. Is it wrong of me?

He was never mine to begin with, so I don't know why I feel like he was, or is and I'm all booty smacked because he's talking to some girl. I'm just a damn jelly fish and it's so wrong of me. I have so much to talk to Kevin about, he's like my counselor. AWE!!!! I can imagine little Kevin with a cute little pair of glasses, wearing a little tie and holding a little clipboard!!! CUTE!

Oh.. off topic. "Y-Yuna.. am I bothering if I ask for help?" He calls me. I look up at him and shake my head. "No." I say simply. "You can go help him, I think I'm good now." Fricken nut sack. "Okay." I walk over to him and he sits up straight. "What do you need help with?" I ask him. "Math." He chuckles nervously. "That's okay." I sit next to him and help him out.

The whole time my heart is pounding, I hate myself for it. I try my best to not be so happy to be around him. How I just want to kiss his face and lean my head against his shoulder as he does his homework. To run my hand up and down his back, have him turn his head and kiss me. Wow, I love living in a world of fantasy.

Every time he asked a question he would lean into me as if whispering a secret to me. I love whispering secrets about the Pythagorean theorem. "Yuna, Jungkookie, do you guys want a snack?" Jae asks. "Yes, that would be great." I tell her. "Thanks." Jungkook says after me. "So Yuna.."

He looks at me and I slowly look away from the doorway of the kitchen and I look straight at him. "Yes?" I ask him. "My sister had texted me that you guys didn't like that I walked Aecha home.. is that true?" He asks, making my insides want to exit through my toes. Why the fuck is Jae telling him that shit? Would she tell Jungkook if I put a booger on his backpack, I don't think so.

"Yeah, Jae was pretty uncomfortable that you were gone.", "Oh please Yuna, don't just push it on me." Jae laughs as she sets the snacks on the table. This bitch is about to rat me out. "You said that you felt safer with him around."

FUCK ME WITH A SPOON! I HATE YOU JAE!

My face gets so red I might as well be a traffic light. Jungkook looks pretty pleased to hear about what I said, "Oh really?" He asks, making me want to throw myself out the window and become a floor pancake. That tone in his voice needs to stop, because it's too sexy for what we are talking about right now.

"Only because Jae and I were alone." I look away from him trying to shield my face as I grab a snack. "I see." He mumbles, bitch still sounds very happy with what he's hearing. Can I please shove a cabbage down my esophagus? Or down his esophagus? Nothing is helping with my damn heart. I just need to shove something into something.

"Well aren't you happy about that." Jae teases him as she ruffles his hair. "Ah.. just feeling a little special." He confesses and I almost cry because of how fucking cute he is. I might as well cry him a damn river, and name it the Kook river or something.. river of Yuna tears. "Nah, you're not, we just needed a guy to walk us home."

Jae laughs as she smacks the back of his head and walks away, making me laugh. "That's cold, I'm just a piece of meat.", I'd like a piece of your meat. WHAT!? YUNA STOP YOU HORN DOG! Jesus help me. "That's unfortunate." I laugh, "So you agree." He laughs. "Everyone is meat." We both chuckle and we go back to what we were doing before.

Luckily, Jungkook finishes his homework and we all hang out in the living room. "I can't believe that EXO finally came out with a comeback." Jae whines after browsing her phone. "Kai is my husbahahahaaaaaand." She cries making me laugh. "Jesus Jae, Stop." Jungkook smacks Jae's head. "You stop." She smacks his tiddie, which jiggles.

He pulls Jae's hair while he says "Yahgah." I cover my mouth and laugh harder. "I HATE YOU!" Jae yells as she yanks on his bangs forward. "Ow FUCK!" He yells at her. "You did that to me!" She exclaims. "Yeah but I didn't pull your hair forward.", "You pulled my head back, what's the difference?" These twins crack me up.

"Get out of my face." Jungkook uses his big hand to shove Jae's face away, she screams in his hand and I see Jungkook laughing. "You're an ass." She mumbles in his hand, which makes all of us laugh and Jungkook gets up, my eyes falling to his round booty cheeks in those school slacks. Yeeees he is.. talk about the Kook booty looking fine today.

Stop! I'm trying not to like him remember?

"You're a bitch." Jungkook rebuttals. "UH!" Jae stands up and gasps out loud, "I'm going to take a shower!" She yells at him. "You don't need to tell me everything you do, you big fat baby." I hear his voice from the kitchen. She then looks at me, "I'll be right back.", "And when you mean by right back you mean in like an hour." I chuckle.

"You know me so well." She laughs as she pops her hip out in my direction and waves her hand at me. "Well then go." I laugh. "Okay, don't let my brother harass you, and if he does I'll throat punch him." I lay back comfortably. "I'll wait for you, I'll be fine." I smile. "Okay, brb." She walks upstairs to her room.

Then my body automatically stiffens to the thought of being alone with him, I might as well die right now. "Sorry you had to see us fight like that." I hear his voice which makes me die inside just a little bit, "No it's fine, I found it very entertaining. I always do." I smile as he's now in front of me drinking from a tea bottle like a slut with that jawline.

Someone help me please. Jesus, remember that one time that I made a deal? I can add onto it! Just please save me!

He chuckles which just makes the bottom half of my body go numb. "Glad it was entertaining." He sets his tea down on the table, on a wooden coaster. "Yuna." Jungkook comes up to me with a serious face. "Yes Jungkook?" I ask him, how strange that he changed the atmosphere so quickly. "I wanted to tell you about the... stuff I was going to tell you at school."

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... shit. "Oh, yeah. I almost forgot honestly." I tell him. He licks his lips and sits right next to me. "Yuna.. I'm.. I'm just going to tell you.." my heart starts to pound, like my body knows something my head doesn't. "Yuna.. the girl that you heard me telling Jimin about is you." He says quickly.

I stare at him for a while, in shock. Someone please snap me out of this dream I'm clearly in, my childhood crush just told me that I'm the girl Jimin says he's obsessed with. I think a good slap across my face would do the job.. or maybe drop a gallon of ice cold water on me. I blink because my eyes are getting dry from not blinking of so long.

"What?" I ask him, what he said honestly went in one ear and out the other. My heart is still pounding though, making me feel like I want to collapse. "The girl I was telling Jimin about, the girl I like and the girl you were helping me out with... is you." He looks scared honestly.. and choked up. This has to be a dream, what the hell.

I stare at him, still in shock. Jungkook.. the boy I've loved all my life... likes.. me.. back. "Ugh.. I.. I made a mistake telling you.. didn't I?" He whispers. "Damn it.. I should've listened to Jimin, he said not to do this because you wouldn't feel the same and you'd just reject me and I'll get hurt."

WOH WOH WOH!

I don't want him to feel this way. Finally I snap out of it, I touch his hand that he has on his lap. Woh bitcH, that's a big step. "I'm sorry, I'm just in shock. I'm just really trying to process what I was told just now." His face turns pink, and I'm scared I'm going to cookie dough all over his lap.

----------------

[ R E V I S E D ]
-4228

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 8.7K 30
❝I'm not falling in love with him. I know I'm not.❞ He was a roommate she never wanted, but he became someone she couldn't live without. --- M...
828 344 5
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ JJK x KTH AU Jungkook and Taehyung have been best friends for years, since childhood. They have never questioned their closeness because i...
883 54 18
Jungkook and you have been friends since over 5 years now. You know him because he is the brother of your best friend, Jeon Sunhi. You, of course, h...
1.9K 199 29
"I don't know that what is happening to me? I want to meet her again. I wish that I can be her friend atleast." Annyeonghaseyo...hello..!! I am an in...