His Tutor || Young Sirius Bla...

By cxnfunded

COMPLETED You'd been in the same year as Sirius Black since first year but you never really knew him that we... More

INFO
Prologue
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20

Ch 11

37K 1.1K 1.9K
By cxnfunded

It was all the same. The stars all around you, the blanket, the chairs. Everything looked the same as it always did; blurry. The miniature figure stood in front of you. Something glistened in its hand, but what? What surprised you this time was you heard a soothing sound. Like a deep mysterious voice that, you assumed, was coming from the figure. It spoke words you couldn't make out, meanings you couldn't understand.

You opened your eyes, each blink causing a piece of the dream you were having to fade away. You yawned stretching your hands to find your roommates were stirring too. That's when you remembered. The long awaited day finally arrived. The event that buzzed all about the Hogwarts hallways.

It was the day of the dance.

You saw Alice and Marlene stand up in sync with identical grins on both of their faces.

"THE DANCE IS TODAY!!!" They shouted. This brought both you and Lily fully into consciousness as you both sat up.

"Say that louder. Don't think Ilvermorny heard ya." You said rubbing you eyes. Both you and the redhead beside you gave the two standing girls annoyed looks.

"Hey, what's that?" Alice asked you.

"What's what?" You asked back confused.

"That blue thing in your drawer. Is it for the dance?" Alice cleared. You felt the blood rush from your face as you looked into your drawer.

Oh no. You thought as you pulled out the unopened envelope from your parents.

"They're so gonna kill you. You haven't opened it yet." Lily taunted, now leaning over your shoulder. You'd been so caught up with studying and examinations you'd forgotten to open your parents letter.

"But I had to study and... exams and-" You tried defending yourself.

"Just open the envelope, they'll understand." Lily reassured taking a seat next to you. You opened it to see a piece of parchment.

'Morning Sunshine.

How's school going. Hope they're taking good care of you. They better be! You father and I just wanted to wish you luck on your O.W.L's. We hope you pass. (Y/ M/ N), do your people count it as passing or-? Keep quiet (Y/ F/ N), the quill is picking up your voice. Oh no it picked up mine too.

Anyways, Lyall, Hope, your father and I were talking and we decided since you and Remus are (almost) sixteen we'd let you stay in the farm house this summer. You can both invite some friends over but have six people total. You and Remus can decide who's coming and you can get tell us when you've decided. You should invite that friend of yours, Lily, she's a kind young girl, isn't she (Y/ F/ N)?

Hope this letter didn't interrupt your studying honey. We miss you so much sweetheart. Give Albus our greetings.

Your loving parents,

Mrs and Mr (L/N)

You didn't realize how much you missed them till you had read the letter at least three times. You wiped a tear from you eye realizing your roommates were also reading it.

"Ha, they called Lily kind." Marlene mocked making Lily hit her on the stomach.

"I'd better tell Remus about the news." You said standing up heading for the door. Alice held your wrist pulling you back.

"Don't go yet. He's probably not even awake yet."

"And if he is I reckon he's stressed about the dance." Marlene added.

"Why don't you tell him tomorrow at breakfast?" Alice tried. You nodded taking a seat on your bed.

"Let's go get something to eat before the dance. I am starving." And with that Lily pulled you off the bed, still in your pajamas, and whisked you all out of the room.

---

Once you'd finished dressing and doing you hair you walked out of the bathroom to see your fully dressed friends.

Lily sat on her bed with a History of Magic book in her hands. She had her hair down from its usual ponytail. It was loosely curled and the red shone brighter than usual. Her long red dress complemented her fair complexion and green eyes. Alice stood on the other side of your bed using her wand to fix her black hair which was put up into a braided bun. Her floral dress flowed elegantly each time she moved. Marlene sat at the far corner of the room reading the letter she'd gotten. Her blonde hair was cut shoulder length as it flowed side parted. You were glad she'd gone with the dress you'd given her, a long ombre dress going from navy blue to light grey. Looking at your friends their long dresses made you feel a little under-dressed in your off the shoulder short black dress.

"Ready to go?" Lily asked closing her book.

"Go ahead. Marls and I will meet you there." Alice said looking at you through the mirror she was using.

As you and Lily walked side by side idly chatting her breath suddenly hitched as she looked into the distance. You followed her gaze to see James Potter and Sirius Black at the entrance of the Great Hall. They were both in dress shirts and black pants. Potter wore a bow tie and black suspenders, his hair poorly kept as usual. Black wore a tie, his blazer hung on his arm with his shirt sleeves slightly folded up. You felt your heartbeat speed up but decided to play it cool like Lily, both of you miserably failing.

"Wow!" Potter exclaimed when he locked eyes with Lily, her face almost as red as her dress. You felt a certain pair of grey eyes linger on you but you didn't make eye contact. "You look... wow!" James continued trying to find the right words.

"Uh, I'm gonna go find Stanley." Lily blurted before briskly walking inside the decorated hall.

"You look beautiful (Y/N)." Sirius whispered in a low, deep voice, now standing beside you. It took a large percentage of your energy to not faint on the spot.

"Thanks. You look great too." You said.

"Um, I was wondering whether-" He stopped his sentence when you both saw three figures jogging towards you.

"Hope we aren't too late." Marlene panted.

"No, not at all." You smiled.

"C'mon, let's dance." Marlene said dragging Sirius into the hall followed by Alice and Frank. You looked at the end of the doorway to see a sulking James. You approached him.

"The night just started, you'll get plenty of chances to talk to Lily." You reassured.

"You're right." James said his usual grin growing.

"Technically, that's Alice." You joked earning a light punch on the shoulder.

"You know what I mean. The night's young and so are we. Let's go have some fun." And with that you and James walked into the Great Hall side by side.

Your feet were cramped from all the dancing and your mouth hurt from how much you'd laughed with your friends. You and James decided to sit down at one of the fancily set up tables that James described as "The ones you'd find at those pure blood parties.". While talking to him you made eye contact with the redhead at the corner of the room. Lily stood there, occasionally stealing glances in your direction, no date in sight. That dirty bastard ditched her you thought.

"Go talk to her." You spoke up.

"Who?" James questioned before following you line of sight. "Oh."

"Just go, start up some conversation and just talk to her like she's a person. Like how you talk to me."

"But what if I mess it up and she leaves like, oh I don't know, the last thousand times." He argued.

"You'll be fine. Just don't try to chat her up, don't call her 'Your Lilyflower' and don't refer to her as a 'flaming hot cheeto' again." You mocked.

"What? But that was a good analogy." He said before standing up and walked towards Lily. You smiled to yourself when she smiled at him and they seemed to be having a conversation.

"Flaming hot cheeto?" You heard a voice ask behind you. You turned to see you favorite Slytherin standing behind you. Her dress was similarly short like yours but hers was dark green not black and her hair was tied up into a high bun.

"You'd be surprised." You chuckled. Lucy took the seat next to you. "Where's Lupin?"

"He went to get us something to drink." Lucy answered before looking at you concerned. "May I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead." You answered.

"I know that you and James only came to the dance as friends, Remus told me, but would there be someone you'd actually want to have come with, not just as friends?"

Her question took you by surprise. It was in that moment that your eyes flickered around the bright room finally landing on the long haired boy across. He sat there laughing with McKinnon before his stormy eyes locked with yours. You quickly turned away looking back at Lucy's curious gaze.

"Not that I know of, no." You smiled, at least tried to.

"Here are your drinks. I saw you here alone (Y/N) so I reckoned you'd want one too." Remus said emerging from behind. He placed a clear drink in front of you and it eventually turned red like Remus's. You looked at Lucy's and hers turned green. "Professor Slughorn put a potion in it that turn it into the persons house colour. I asked and it's not harmful at all."

That moment the lights in the room dimmed and a slow song began to play. Lucy and Remus awkwardly walked to the dance floor hand in hand. You looked around spotting Frank with Alice smiling in each others arms but you couldn't see Lily and James anywhere. As you stood up you saw Marlene and Sirius dancing both looking distracted by their own thoughts. You picked up your sweater and walked out of the Great Hall to the Gryffindor tower alone.

  _____________________________________________  

I'm rly sry if this chapter isnt all you thought it would be but patience is key.

For anyone who didn't understand the "You're right" pun its because in this book i put Alice's last name as "Wright". It's lamer than how i'd pictured it. 

a.m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 42 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...
27.6K 815 29
This is the story of how Delaney came to be. It explains the relationship that Sirius and Lily had for a short while and the outcomes of it. This st...
158K 1.6K 41
These one-shots contain friendship one-shots and romantic ones. As specified in the title Y/N will be presented as a women throughout all included se...
5.4K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...