Haunting in New York

By Speedy__Girl

The Chevrol hotel has been well known for being haunted, including ghosts that whisper and move objects...But... More

Lobby
Floor 1
Floor 2
Floor 3
Floor 4
Floor 5
Floor 6
Floor 7
Floor 8
Floor 9
Floor 10
Floor 11
Floor 12
Chapter 13
Floor 14
Floor 15
Floor 16
Floor 18: Alice's POV
Epilogue: Lisa's POV
Authors note

Floor 17

11 0 0
By Speedy__Girl

  Should you be pleased or enraged after somebody (Who chats a lot) shuts the door on you after what had felt like a hour? I am kinda on both sides for this unanswerable question. Geez. Sherry wanted to end the interview straight away. I stopped walking. Sorta like a gag: Ruther talks on and on. Then comes his sister.

  For some reason. The hallway felt like it was squeezing on me and becoming narrow between each passing minute. When I breathed, I could see the cloud resulting from what I had done. Everything turned into a dream alike state.

RING! RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

The noise sounded like it was coming from a distant room. So I inadventurely followed it to the source. The room is almost empty except for two beds and a television set at the left hand of the room while the porch finished the scene by it's marvelous out door view.

  The Black phone rang.

ring ring ring ring ring ring rinG RING RING RING RING!

  I picked up the phone.

 "Hello?" I said, holding it against my ear. "Who's there?"

  A deep brisky breath exhaled.

 "Hello?..." I restated, taking the phone away from my ear and looked at the phone. "This is like it was ripped straight out of a classic horror movie like the 'River Dwngs'." I put the phone back.

 Tap tap tap.

 I turned around to find myself back in the very hallway where I had been heading toward the elevator.

"I better stop watching Dark Devil." I dutifully noted to myself,shaking my head. "Giving me Day nightmares."

I continued walking to the elevator.

 "Wait up!"

Somebody willingly wants to tell me something? I thought, stopping  in  my tracks again.

 "What?" I said, rolling my eyes as I turn around. But surprisingly the person who had called out to me was the luggage boy.  Except...He's a teenager.

He panted.

"Dorothy told me.... that I should tell you... what Miss Yeller said over the phone." The luggage boy panted.

"Sherry?" I added,tilting my head. "Whats this got to do with the Alan Walsh case?"

"I heard her ordering a bomb from somebody who she called as  'newbie' while I was struggling to get the Dawnson family's crate of luggage  into the elevator and she so happened to be right by using her phone. She mentioned telling some Lisa about some event that occurred during the fourth towers collapse."  He went on. "She wrapped her fingers around some kind of--"

 My eyes blinked without hesitation.

 "Necklace?" I interrupted him. "Was it shaped like a elephant?"

  Alan told me about the necklaces lengthy history of how it was crafted on the continent of elephants by his long-line of ancestors. The Tribe, Norquian, claimed it was made by the gods sinc it seriously watched ashore to their land. It was larger at that time. It became a symbol for bravery handed down to worthy and courageous warriors after combat/battle or the right of passage occurred.

   Eventually, the tribe traveled to America using possibly a wooden boat and days later landed on the Mayans territory where a battle would break out two weeks soonafter. I learned several artifacts that remained was a result inspiration from  his handy down  necklace. Oddly. The battle ended on the exact century the Mayan civilization disappeared.

  The remaining tribe members hunted and had the woman farm for around ten to fifteen years.a big chunk of the new generation traveled to Egypt with a unknown goal.that long has been hypothesized. They  introduced novelty tools to the Egyptians and new crops.

 The most important thing I remembered the most is about the tales and stories about the exploits and adventures about the ones who held the Necklace were handed down orally. Now most of them are now in books.Alan's great great great great great GREEEAAAAT grandfather is probably among those people who fought in the Mayan VS Norquian war using the material.

 Over time, it became the size of a usual necklace.

 I didn't see her wearing the necklace this time.

"Yeah." The luggage boy confirmed. "How did you know?"

I went into a elevator and clicked the button to get me to the lobby.

"Alan Walsh."

A few minutes later...

   At the lobby...

  I was about to leave the hotel when I noticed a boy who had the strong similarities to Alan, except  as a American mixture than of Irish Decent. his eyes switched to a silver eye color for just a moment.

 He had the same hair style as Alan with a different hair color. The resemblance is likely unremarkable and completely odd. But the thing is I have been told Nucklehead is the dad. but that can't be true. Wyatt resembles Alan too much.

  "Al?" I said, straight forwardly and could not control what I had began fell off the tip of my toungue.

 "Uh...The name's Wyatt." The boy said, leaning against the counter. He made a sound similar to one of those chasing dinosaurs from Triassic park. "GUYS! You just got the wrong pitch!"

 I looked over the counter to see a group of kids holding scrips with  red faces off from sweating.

 "Do we have to?" One of the children whined.

 Wyatt tapped on the counter.

"Sing it again." He hummed,tapping the counter. "We want the American P Factor to let us in for at least six constructive weeks!"

 A chubby kid glares at my direction with a hint of exhaustness and a hint of needing help. The entire group groaned as if they were given homework to do, then one of the girls took a deep breath.

  Be on the right side of the car.

  Your life will be straight,

 So,

  keep on standing there,

Be on tee right side of the car!

 The other children joined into chorus.

When you are on the wrong side of the car.

They sounded a lot like the final song sang at the end of 'Pay' with four people inside one room after one had a near death experience from almost overdosing on drugs. I observed,cupping my head on to my hands.

You watch the sun set upside dddoooowwwwwn,

When,you,are on the wrong side of the car,

Life, is,upside down for three days.

Stay on the right side of the car,

Experiance what glory it has to hold,

Partying!

Making a messs!

Whatever life has to holllldd!

They started to clap along to the song as if the beat was rather quite catchy from repeatedly singing it using different words. I know what that feels like. It feels like a stroke of success landed into the lyrics and the voices of 10 to 14 year old kids.

I heard distinctively other claps from somewhere else.

 Don't you get on the wrong side,

of the car,

Because life will throw you under the hood,

or get your clothes wet!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't get on the.wrong.side.of the carrrrrrrrrr!

"Impressive." I complimented them, clapping my hands together. "Who made that song?"

 The girl with eleven freckles grins from ear to ear.

 "Me." She stated,turning her head. "But the cowboy fan, Tealin suggested the song in the first place to impress the Actors from Socially 'Awkward'--Where's the boy?.."

  They look in all directions.

 Then a boy with a white face dashes from the hallway waving his hands in the air and pratically ran around in circles screaming: "I SAW A GHOST!" "HE SPOOKED ME!" "HE TOLD ME  TO SKADDADDLE WHIILE HE LOOKED AT HIS FINGERNAILS!" "I MET A DEAD MAN!!!"

All the kids dropped their stuff with a loud thump.

"HE WAS FREAKY!" He continues being white as a bed sheet.

"Freaky as the toothless face you were scared to your living wits?" Wyatt asked, witha hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Your imagination probably gt the best of you while in a dark hallway without a single person there, so being lonely, you made up a imaginary friend."

 The boy glared at his direction.

 "He also said: 'I heard you hypnotised the dinosaur sounder to get himself in trouble'." The boy argued. "If I ain't Benjamin Willis Rulez!"

  I turned my head back to the counter and saw puffs of smoke remaining at each place where the kids used to be standing.  Kids are so easily scared these days. I thought, with a laugh. Wyatt is entirely speechless!

  I  returned my attention to the frightened boy who is shaking.

 "yOU---YOU-y--y--y-you know wh---a--a-a-t." The boy stuttered,taking a gulp. "He--eh-h-h-h---he wa--sn't th only one in the ballroom. There were sss---several!"

"Kid,calm down." I said to the boy and put my hands on his shoulders. "You mean there were ghosts in the ballroom? Wow. You must be in the athletic team."

 The boy shook his head.

  Alice came shooting out of the elevator as if she had been called on.

  "Benjamin and Wyatt!" Her angered voice fumes. "You two are in so much trouble for putting a dog in the Dawnsons room with a cat inside! Do you think Cats and Dogs get a long? No. They do not."

 "M-MmM-Mom." Wyatt stuttered. "I believe in ghosts! Nobody knew about the hypnosis except for you and  Rulez. Who saw a said thingy."

  "Reporter guy is here." Wyatt said, pointing to me.

 "I have a name." I say, rolling my eyes. "Harold Deely...Speaking of which...I have something important to tell you in private."

  "Go mess with the counter systems or something to keep you two distracted." She said to the boys. Alice came with me into a room. "What now?"

 I took a breath.

  "Lisa heard Sherry's confession..." I said. "And a little bird told me the lady also ordered something very fishy."

 Alice gave the infamous glare.

 "No way."

  "The luggage boy told me."

 "Soo?"

I rolled my eyes.

 "Do I have to go over the history of Alan's elephant necklace again?" I asked her, rubbing my forehead. I knew by her expression that it all clicked. Alice seemed like she was struck at the heart and given a hard,unbelieve-able strike.

"I want to hear it from her." Alice stated.

She started walking out the room.

  "You know where she lives?" I called out.

    Alice stops.

  "I've known Lisa since she was given the nickname Charlotte a few years back before getting a job in the fourth tower as the counter person." She explains to me. "I knew something was up after she claimed to have the 'White sheet' flue. But I didn't think it wasn't that BAD. Her adopted son told me where she lives."

   She continued leaving.

  I am the reporter. I was given a task by Henry from the Police department. I should at least hear what Lisa has to say.

 "I am coming too!" I said, following after her as the boys are messing with the counter system while the Sports guy is no where to be seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

  Her car got stuck in traffic for what felt like a hour, when actualy we were in it for at least forty-two some minute. But oh boy. Once traffic was over, Alice  went so fast that I could see everything as a blurr through the window.

 "You may get us killed!" I said, hanging onto my seatbelt. "Or worse!"

 "I don't care." Was Alice's reply.

 Once she stopped and parked her car, I got out the car being dizzy from her high speed driving.

"I feel so dizzzzy." I said,while my legs went in circles. So I put my hand on the rearview mirror and eventually my eyesight returned to normal.

 We arrived to a less fancy and dark gray building with stairs cases pentrating from several of the windows that have flower pots and curtians to the sides or nothing on the edge, it looks partially undecorated as some have christmas lights from December and halloween decoratations slightly hanging on.

 "That's ultimately crazy." I said, rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming after I got out the car.

  "It was the only place near the coffee house." Alice remarks, shutting her door.

 I felt a cold breeze pass by. So I looked over my shoulder to see several cars parked beside the building. I don't know if it's my paranoia, however, they are all completely black with silver rails going across their car doors.

 "Lets go." Alice said, her stern eyes were directed at the door as she went walking towards it. "I need some answers."

I followed her into the building.

 creeeeeaaaak

Nothing better than a spooky ffloorboard. I thought to myself, noticing some men holding boxes and heading out the door after we had entered. "What in the name of Micheal Smith is going on?"

 The man behind a desk,that is apart of  transparent glass wall reaching three feet, has his arms on the table.

 "Thumnell?" The man asked,raising a eyebrow at Alice. "Are you here to rent a room with--"

"No, dirtbag, I am here to visit Lisa." Alice sneered, she turns to me. "His name is really Dirtbag Jones. Coricedence right?"

I laughed.

"It's Jones." He squeaked.

  We headed up the creaky and old,dark brown stairs with pieces of it vividly seen to have been chopped off by a knife or broken off. I see pieces of shards to the sides of the stepping surface and few dead rodents lie to decentergrate. It disgusted me to no end.

 "Why does your son resemble Alan?" I asked her. "Is he related to the man or something."

  I heard her take a breath,

 "Because he is the father." She said,looking over her shoulder. "I don't want him to know that his dad is dead and he can't do stuff that a kid with his dad would do. I didn't tell Alan that I was carrying his baby because I wasn't completely sure if he was his child. I made Nuckle promise to not tell Wyatt and pretend he is his dad."

 Well...That answered a lot.

EEEEK EEEEEK EEEEK!

A bat flew down from the cieling nearly scaring the living life out of us.

"BBBBaaatttts!" Alice shouted, running all the way up the stairs.

"...You lie." I said, slightly slouching with a frown. "She seriously lied about being brave towards bats." I walked up the stairs.

  Four to Eight minutes later...

  "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T TALK TO HER?!" Alice screamed at the man at the door.

   My first impressson of what was going on changed to: Somebody is blocking her from chatting with Lisa for some important matter and this guy must be in The Men In Purple Suits since he is wearing a dark purple one in fact.

   "This is a serious matter." He coldly answered. "The FBI have full deristinction to interrogate her about the whereabouts of this person who rocket launched the four towers to their doom with hundreds and thousands of deaths."

   "Um...I don't think you should have said that." I said, while my eyes became big.

   "I SURVIVED THE FOURTH TOWER! I LOST MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND TO THAT STINKING AND ROTTEN FALL! I HAVE A SON WHO LOST HIS DAD TO ONE SON OF A  DRUNKEN MAN." Alice yells as Tears grow on the edges of her eyes. "I WORK IN THAT DAMN HOTEL. I WORK WITH THAT LITCH, I.LIVE.WORKED.WITH.THE.WOMAN.WITH.SPIDER.FEARS!"

   "NOW LET ME IN OR I WILL KICK YOUR BUTT TO THE MOON AND USE SOME PROSTHETIC ARM TO SLAP YOU SILLY WILLY!" She finished, letting off some nonsense steam.

   I recognized the stunned and disbelief look on her face,  but it took me by surprise how her rant turned into some halrious ending that could have been part of her train of thought.  It took me back at how emotional she became during her big rant.

    I know one thing for sure.

     She realized who did it.

    "Unneeded." He carried on. He acted oblvious to her extremely upset and ticked off state of mind.

   Alice  narrowed at her eyes at him and her hands became fists.

    Then she kicked him straight to the door which made it brake off from it's hidges and fell to the floor. The people who were inside looks at her direction including Lisa.

 "Did.Sherry.confess.to you about killing Alan?"

   I saw Lisa become totally white.

     "Yes.."

   I took out my phone and began to make a long E-mail message,because now, maybe Sherry could face her own dismay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 329 27
You are a F/C A/T and you were struggling with money and finding a job. Soon a mysterious fire destroyed your home and you were rescued by an animal...
529 25 12
Dear reader, this is my first English story so please, if you see any errors just comment on it, I wont bite :p. This is a story about a man who can...
7.9K 138 11
Three years after the events of Sonic Forces, Eggman was in hiding, plotting another way to be rid of the Blue Blur. The plan had sent Sonic to anoth...
3.2K 129 12
We're in the present day, and Ava is working at Graceland as a custodian who helps clean up the place every day for the tours and also makes sure tha...