Finding My Special Ingredient

By Lallion

Mimanoya Aika is a chef aiming to perfect her cooking. Being 15 only, she has a big reputation because of goi... More

Oc Character
Chapter 1- The Cheater
Chapter 2- Transfer Students
Chapter 3- Boeuf Bourguignon
Chapter 4- The Elite Ten
Chapter 5- Art of The So Called Couple
Chapter 6- Shokugeki
Chapter 8- Soma's Shokugeki
Christmas Special
Part 9- Camp of Hell
Chapter 10- First Day of Hell
Chapter 11- Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 12- Shinomiya Sensei
Chapter 13- Head And Sous
Chapter 14- Know Your Limits

Chapter 7- The Meat Master

2.3K 64 3
By Lallion

3rd person's pov

A few days later...

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" Aika shouted at Soma. "I was just gone to help Tsukasa senpai for one moment and you got yourself in this mess! And here you are asking for my judgement? I don't think so." Aika said as she hit his head. "Gomen Aika but I really need you to help me taste my food. If I'm able to get a 50 from you then I won't need to worry about anything at all." Soma said rubbing his hair. "Soma-kun. Did you not hear a single word I just said? I'm currently angry at you that it took you only a few hours while I was away to help Tsukasa senpai to get yourself into a Shokugeki with a well known person that is called the meat master and yet you still choose meat as the main ingredient. And you think that when I'm angry with you I will still help you out? If it wasn't for Tsukasa senpai, I wouldn't have even know about this Shokugeki. He was even kind enough to excuse me of my duties just to help you." Aika said rubbing her forehead, feeling a headache incoming. Meanwhile Eishi was just stuck with a pile of paperworks, slightly regretting letting Aika go to her friends while trying to finish off as much as possible. "You owe me one, Aika-san." Eishi mumbled under his breath while he semi sulk and try to finish his and Rindo's paperwork.

Back to the current situation where Aika was holding Soma's ear while she sat on the chair with Soma on his knees while she was lecturing him. "... You're lucky that I even came. Since Tsukasa senpai has ask me to go and help you guys out, count yourself lucky. If anything like that happens again, I'm not going to help you so easily. If you would excuse me, I would need to apologize to Tsukasa senpai before I come back here again. By then, you better come up with a don, Soma-kun." Aika said as she turn on her heels and left. 'That stupid Soma-kun is going to get me killed one day. It's a blessing that he was able to get into the Polaris Dormitory in one go without proper ingredients. But knowing Soma-kun, that was probably relatively easy for him, after all, he is Joichiro oji-san's child.' Aika thought as she rounded the corner to Eishi's office. She knock on the door twice and waited for a short while before hearing Eishi said come in. When she did, she waited for Eishi to finish up the document he was holding. "Sorry, it took a while to get that document solve. So, how is things going at your side?" Eishi said as he finally put the document down and gave her full attention. 

'Please tell me that they don't need your help so that you can help me out with all these paperwork. I don't even know what to do with so many of these anymore especially since Momo handed hers off to me since she had training to go to.' Eishi beg in his mind as his stoic face remain the same. "Gomenasai Tsukasa senpai but can I maybe replace this day so I can go help Soma-kun out? I promise that I will help you one extra day for it." Aika said with a rather apologetic smile. 'Well, I'm doomed. Even though it means that I have another day of her helping me out, it just means that for today I'm not going to sleep. Especially since all these paperwork needs to be submitted by tomorrow morning.' Eishi thought sulking in the corner as he realised his predicament. "I-it's fine. Go ahead and help your friends out. They only have 3 days till the Shokugeki after all." Eishi said with a rather 'I'm about to die' smile. "Thank you very much Tsukasa senpai. After I'm done helping them, I will come over immediately and help on what I can." Aika said as she bowed and ran out of the room after shutting the door politely, leaving Eishi to sulk with a bunch of paperwork.

When she got back, she saw Soma, Megumi and Konishi all taking out different books and going through them. She pick up one of the books that had fell on the ground and open it to read a few pages. "Hmm... Not bad. I can see your hard work in all of these recipes." Aika said as she flip through the book. When Konishi heard that, his hair immediately perk up. "I know right, this is the treasure of the Don RS." Konishi said, proud of his work. "But, considering the fact that if you actually cook this, it will only be mediocre and not up to Totsuki standard. By what this RS is currently right now, it is as good as doom. I can see why Erina wanted to 'pluck' this place out of the way." Aika said as she sat the book down. With all those discouraging words, Konishi's hair deflated while Tadokoro started panicking. "A-ano, don't you think you should be helping Soma-kun out? Isn't he your friend?" Tadokoro said, about to faint. "You don't need to worry Tadokoro. What Aika means is that if the RS stays as it is, then it's doom. But if we keep on improve it and enhance the recipe, then maybe someday it will be Totsuki level." Soma said with a smile on his face. 

"That's correct. If you add more spices and make it look more of a delight with a good aroma, then just maybe it will be acceptable for someone like Erina-chan." Aika said as she took up another book, stacking as she finish looking through book by book. "Oh and just saying, I will only be here for a limited time since I will still need to go back to Tsukasa senpai to help him finish up the paperwork. So if there is any dish you want me to try, you better do it fast, you're lucky I don't have class tomorrow or I won't even bother helping you. Childhood friend or not, I won't abandon my studies for you, Soma-kun." Aika said as she sat down on a chair. "Ok! So how's this?" Soma said as he finish cooking one bowl. Aika took a spoon while Konishi took the rest of the bowl and tasted it. "Really damn good but not good enough. This won't beat Nikumi." Konishi said as he took a few more mouthfuls. "Lacking. It will be good if you were serving in a diner but for Totsuki, this is nothing but a waste of space. If you serve this, you'll be a laughing stock." Aika said, setting the spoon down with her eyes close. Both Konishi and Megumi look at her in shock by her cruel words. "Oi! Don't you think you're being too harsh to Soma?" Konishi said as he bang the table she was leaning her hand on to support her head.

Aika opened her eyes, her pupils practically slits now. "This is what it means to be judge by a professional judge. If this dish can't even satisfy me even a bit, Soma-kun is as good as expelled. Please remember Soma-kun, if you don't graduate, don't even think about beating your father. Don't even think that you can beat me." Aika said, a dangerous aura surrounding her. Konishi and Megumi was scared out of their wits, while Soma just smirk. "Just you wait Aika! I will make you say delicious before anyone can." Soma said, all pump up. "Then you better be fast, Soma-kun. Because, there is another person that can pose a bigger threat to me then you right now. Where you're currently standing, none of your dish would be able to stand before his. After all, you're still a rough diamond while he is a very polish one, ready to shine even brighter than needed." Aika said with a small smirk. "Who's that?" Soma ask, curious who caught her interest. "Someone you're bound to know in your future. So, your opponent is Mito Ikumi, huh? This is going to be interesting. You all better start discussing on how to beat her and save this RS before Soma-kun is expelled." Aika said as she once again close her eyes.

"You see. Nikumi is a meat specialist, especially beef so it ain't smart to go for a beef bowl. Chicken is still a meat so it will hit both of our criteria and I'm also thinking to make it as different as Nikumi's as possible." Konishi said as he explain everything to the three. 'He wants to do something different than going head on then? Not a very good idea. Their possibilities of winning with a beef dish is higher than anything since beef has the best aroma and flavour if used correctly but he wants to avoid that idea. Ikumi-san is a meat specialist under Erina-chan which means that she is better than the average people in Totsuki. What would you do now, Soma-kun?' Aika thought as she open her eyes and look at Soma. "So we need something eccentric then. Tadokoro, what would you make as your favourite bowl?" Soma ask Megumi. Megumi liked how she could put seafood and ate it with hot rice but it doesn't qualify as a meat which is why Konishi was scolding Soma for being so rash and choosing meat as the main ingredient. "The conditions is already set Konishi senpai. Stop grumbling about it already." Soma said with a 'get over it' face.

"You don't get it man! You don't understand how good is Nikumi! If she brings out some A5 rate beef, we're done for!" Konishi said as he started to tremble. 'Oh? A5 beef? Then it seems that I already know the outcome of this battle.' Aika thought as she stood up while Konishi had just finish talking about the grade of meat how the A5 meat is so tender that they can practically drink it. He then started explaining how the people in the Shokugeki is responsible to bring their own ingredients which led him to talk about Mito's company and depressing himself. They only realised that Aika was about to leave when she open the door and was about to step out of the room. "Aika, where are you going?" Soma ask as she turn around. "I'm going back to help Tsukasa senpai out with paperwork. The outcome of this battle has already been decided." Aika said as she look around the room once more. "Oi! I know that we are going to lose but you don't need to be so blunt about it." Konishi said as his hair deflated even more. "Not exactly but you can think that if you want. By the way it is going right now, yes you're going to lose but if it's Soma-kun, you won't lose that easily. If Soma-kun start thinking, the chance of losing is low, that is if he can do so." Aika said as she walk back in.

"Aika, I know you need to go soon but can you please help us out here. Your complicated words doesn't actually help too much." Soma said as he look at her, determine to win the match. Aika look at him a bit longer before she sigh and nod her head. "Very well, if you don't win this though, I will make sure you go from hell and back." Aika said her bangs covering her eyes as she walk back to her seat. "But you know, I still think that going with a beef bowl would be the best." Soma said as he thought about it. "There's no way we are going to win using beef on Nikumi! Aika, say something to Soma about this." Konishi said looking at Aika. "Is that so? From what I'm thinking right now, a beef bowl actually has the highest chance of you winning this Shokugeki." Aika said as she look at Konishi. "Are you serious?" Megumi said. "Very. The aroma it will give off is heavenly itself and if you can make it addicting, there is your win." Aika said as she took out a book from nowhere and started to write and draw something. "Soma-kun, snap some sense into Konishi senpai please. I think you know what I want to say after all." Aika said, not bothering to look away from her book. "What?" Konishi senpai said, really confuse and pale, looking like he was about to get a heart attack anytime soon.

"You said it yourself, a bowl is the epitome of fast, cheap and good. That's exactly what Nikumi was insulting and if we want them to respect bowls, we have to do it with an inexpensive beef bowl or it's meaningless." Soma said as he understood what Aika was talking about. Soma turn to Aika which nodded at him without looking away from her book, meaning that he was correct. Aika just block out all the noise while Konishi was talking about needing to bend the rules sometimes. 'Soma-kun should know what to do by now, so why do I still need to stay back? Tsukasa senpai did say that today was the deadline of some other paperwork but it seems that he still had a lot to go through. I should be helping him out not here helping when I know that it's a low chance for Soma-kun to lose.' Aika thought as she finished up whatever she was doing and put it aside. "That's it? Umm... Isn't that a little bit too tight, even for the ingredients we'll need just for the practice dishes?" Soma said, which caught Aika's attention. "What do you mean? For a don, it should cost real little already so there can't be that little..." Aika said as she strolled up to see how much they have. "... Nevermind. That really is very little." Aika said as she turn her way to the ATM. A while later, Soma came dashing over to retrieve what he had which was around 6,000 yen only. 

"This will only be a one time thing, Soma-kun. Don't think this will happen often." Aika said as she took out a bit of her money from her bank that was her pay for Soma's Shokugeki. And by little, it was around 10,000 yen, which was quite a bit. "Thanks Aika. By the way, can you help me get the beef? You're the best at choosing it. Thank you" Soma said as he ran away. 'That piece of crab is going to get it from me next time.' Aika thought as she grumble to herself and pick out the cheapest and freshest beef there is. by the time they were all back, Konishi and Tadokoro had apparently taken out all the remaining recipe that has been created by Don RS. With all that, Soma started to cook up a don. "Order up! Taster please." Soma said as he pass the don to Aika and Konishi. "Instead of pork, I use beef for a beef cutlet don and tweaked the society's recipe even further. With chicken and quail eggs in the topping, the flavour should have sealed up, making it even more robust. So, how is it?" Soma ask while Aika and Konishi took a bite. "Not bad but still not enough. It lack a real punch when you first put it in your mouth." Konishi said.

"What about you Aika?" Soma ask. "This dish doesn't interest me even a little bit. It lacks aroma and I don't feel like taking another bite at all. Soma-kun, you know that you can do better than this. If this is your limit then I might as well go now." Aika said, totally relax while she's sipping on tea that magically appear out of nowhere. "The words are harsh but quite true. Nikumi's dishes come out and, I don't know, grab your tongue." Konishi said as he tried imitating a boxer. "A punch when you bite in? We'll need grease then." Soma said and continue working with new determination. 'The only reason that Soma-kun can withstand all my harsh words is for the fact that he's so determine. That is also the only reason why I'm more blunt with him.' Aika thought as a small smile cross her face as she remembers the first time she commented harshly on his dish. "Hey Aika, aren't you going to try some of the Sukiyaki bowl Soma made?" Konishi said as Aika snap out of her dreamland and took a glance at the dish.

"I will only eat the dish when I have even the littlest interest to it. And for now, nothing interest me in the slightest. When you finally heed my advice and use your creativity then only call me, okay, Soma-kun?" Aika said as she took out a book form her bag and start reading while sipping on her tea once again. When it was about five, Aika went out, saying that she will only be at the RS for the last day of practice if she see nothing promising when she walks in tomorrow. She then rush back to Eishi's office, panting when she got there. Once she has compose herself, she knock on the door twice before hearing Eishi said come in. When Eishi lift up his head, he was so glad to see Aika that he swear there was a halo above her head. "Tsukasa senpai, do you need help with the paperwork? It seems you have quite a lot there, more than yours and Rindo's usual amount." Aika said as she started sorting out everything that was practically everywhere. "Yes please. I would need all the help I can get right now. Momo pass me her paperwork since she was needed elsewhere and it doesn't help for the fact that everything must be submitted by tomorrow morning. The fact that they cramp all their paperwork to do at the very last day doesn't help either." Eishi said as he started rambling about their health.

Apparently, Aika found his small rant rather amusing than annoying as she chuckle while she finish sorting all of her senpai's paperwork and took the seat next to Eishi to start helping out. While they were doing the paperwork, Aika told Eishi about what happen today as Eishi didn't ask her to stop telling him about it, that was till Aika suddenly remembered something. "Tsukasa senpai, gomen. It seems like I might be busy tomorrow while the day after I will be busy for the whole day. After all, Soma-kun's Shokugeki is three days time. I can guarantee that I will be able to come in tomorrow but to replace today, I'm afraid I will need to do it after Soma-kun's Shokugeki. After all, I can't miss that Shokugeki to see whether he will crush Mito Ikumi or not." Aika said as she finish up another piece of paperwork. Eishi was silent for a while, before he finally spoke, "If that's so then I will go with you to Yukihira's Shokugeki then. I want to see why you are so sure that he can win even though his opponent is Erina's lackey and currently doesn't even have a idea of what he wants to cook yet." Eishi said as he finish up the last of Rindo's paperwork, moving on to Momo's.

Aika was shock that Eishi wanted to go and see the Shokugeki, especially since she knows that he couldn't handle the crowds. But for some reasons, there was a little bubble of happiness inside her when he said that. "Thank you Tsukasa senpai, but aren't you busy?" Aika ask as she knows how often Eishi's office gets flooded with paperwork. "It's fine. With all the paperwork coming in, I never get the time to breath and it just so happen that on the day of his Shokugeki is my off day. After all the ruckus that he had made when he transferred, I want to see how everything goes. Though I would ask, what would you trade with me for me to spend my off day with you?" Eishi ask as he stop with his paperwork and lean on his knuckles as he look at Aika that look back at him in shock. 'I don't exactly remember asking you to come with me so badly but if I say that would he take my off away and instead ask me to stay in his office to finish up paperwork? Better not risk it.' Aika thought to herself, calculating everything nicely. "If that's the case... You get to ask a favour from me then. As long as l can grant it then I will fulfill your wish." Aika said as she stare back at Eishi. 'Anything she can provide huh? That's good enough I guess. It's not like the Shokugeki will take up my whole day since it only starts at night.' Eishi thought as he himself started to plan out how his morning till evening can be like.

"Okay then. I will accompany you to your friend, Yukihira's Shokugeki, Aika-san. But please do know that we will be seated at the VIP seating where Erina will most likely be at." Eishi said as he went back to finishing the paperwork before him. That surprised Aika a lot. She never knew that a person like Erina would be interested in Soma. "Why would Erina-chan be there? She doesn't seem to like Soma-kun a lot unless... Oh... I get it now." Aika said as she finally realised why Erina would go to Soma's Shokugeki. 'She wants to see him fall below her. Too bad that Erina-chan didn't go there for personal interest. It would be so much more amusing and fun to play around with.' Aika thought as Eishi finish the last of the paperwork and they went their separate ways. The next day, Aika walk to Eishi's office after going to the RS which was, uneventful as she had expected. 'Soma-kun needs more time to think and not just burying his head in recipes. Me going there today will only be a waste of time while tomorrow will be the where the dish's main idea come in. I guess for today I will just help out Tsukasa senpai.' Aika said as she once again lift her head to face Eishi's office only to see Rindo busting the door open to get into his office.

"Rindo senpai. Why did you do that to the door? You could've just knock and open the door so it can have a longer life span." Aika said as she went inside only to see Eishi cowering in the corner while Rindo left a new pile of paperwork for him. "Hello Aika, I was just sending Tsukasa the new pile of paperwork, so I will be going now. Tsukasa, don't forget to submit it by next Thursday. Bye now, Aika, Tsukasa." Rindo said as she ignored Aika's question and ran out of the door, not closing it. Eishi just sigh as he look at all the paperwork that he now has to do while he pick up the stack that he and Aika did last night to submit it up. "Would you like my help, Tsukasa senpai?" Aika ask while Eishi nodded his head and use it to point to the smaller stack to ask her to help him take it while he was mumbling about how he was done with paperwork and at the same time was mumbling out a thanks to Aika. "Tsukasa senpai, how long have you been doing Rindo senpai's paperwork?" Aika ask as they started to walk to the Dean's office. "Ever since she had joined The Elite Ten." Eishi said as a gloomy aura surrounds him. 'Why don't Tsukasa senpai just reject doing her paperwork? I don't see the problem with that. Unless his pessimistic self wouldn't let that... Or is it something else?' Aika thought as she unconsciously grip the papers a bit tighter.

"We're here. Let me just talk to the dean first, then you can come in okay?" Eishi said as Aika gave him a small nod. After a while of waiting outside, she was finally let into the room where she put the papers exactly next to where Eishi had put his. She then turn to Sanzaemon and bow before saying, "Nice to see you again, Sanzaemon-sama." Which shock the person that was in the office with Sanzaemon, Aika and Eishi. "Aika. Good to see you here. Why are you with Eishi?" Sanzaemon said as he look at the two, Aika standing beside Eishi. "I made a deal with Tsukasa senpai and I'm now fulfilling what is needed for my end of the bargain, Sanzaemon-sama." Aika said as she once again look at Sanzaemon with a serious face. "Oi! Who are the two of you to be talking to Nakiri-sama like that?!" The person that was in the room yell as he finally snap out of his shock state. "I suggest you to not yell in the dean's office while you're just here to remove your son's expulsion." Eishi said, not once looking at the man. "How dare you speak to me like that! I will have you know that I'm Yakuta Nao, CEO of the Yakuta company." The person said, seemingly thinking that they will be scared of him as he is the head boss of his company. Eishi just sigh as he said, "I have no time for such an insignificant company like that. Next time, look at the person before you yell at them thinking that you can face them straight on to make them bow to you." That surely shock the man if he wasn't shock already a minute back when both Eishi and Aika stare at him like he was nothing but an ant.

When he finally remember who the two person is in front of him is, realization hit him hard. "You're Tsukasa Eishi and Mimanoya Aika, aren't you?" The guy name Nao, ask with shaking hands pointing at them. Without even getting their nod of approval, the man had already kneel down on his knees begging them to not close his company while apologizing profusely. "P-please, get up. I don't want your knees aching afterwards and then it'll be my fault and-" Eishi was cut off by Aika that had put a hand on his shoulder, a wicked smile present on her face. "Tsukasa senpai. You don't need to give him mercy that quick you know, he was the one that disrespected us first so if anything he should be begging for his life like he is right now. After all, abusing of status is not the best thing to shove into one's face." Aika said as she look at the man, her lips curling in disgust. The man was now sweating profusely while begging for mercy and was about to say more when Aika suddenly put her hand out to pat his shoulder. "As long as you don't do that again then it'll be fine. Just remember to be humble as not that many people will be as patient and kind as Tsukasa senpai." Aika said as she take back her hand and let him stand to his feet. "Sanzaemon-sama, we'll be taking our leave now." Eishi said as they both bow before walking out of the office side by side with Aika.

Underline translation:

Gomen/Gomenasai: Sorry/I'm Sorry. 

Ano: Something like 'um'... I think...

A/N: Hello my little lions, new chapter for you once again. Just to let you know, underline words are in a different language so I will be placing the translation to it just in case you do not understand. If it's already stated in the story then I won't repeat again but tell me if you don't understand something. I will try to answer you back and clear the confusion as quickly as possible. Also, if you can remember, Aika said something about Soma being a piece of crab, it was not a mistake. Aika doesn't like to curse so she uses other things in it place like the example above. Eishi's background will be reveal in the future as well as Aika's. This chapter will probably be up at Christmas Eve or maybe the one before that. I can't guarantee anything yet because it takes up quite a lot of time making all these chapters and also since I have a little surprise for you guys. I'm not going to spoil it yet but you'll know when Christmas is here. No need to worry, there will be a chapter on Christmas Eve and on Christmas itself so there will be at least two more chapter up before I need to go 'hibernating' for PT3 next year. Bye my lions.

                                                                                                                                                                                        Lallion

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 8.7K 45
Erina Nakiri's younger brother, Akio Nakiri, is one of the best chefs in Totsuki Academy. He doesn't have anything special unlike his sister's 'God's...
8.9K 259 21
Chisaya Fuichi is a 2nd year student in Totsuki Academy and Eizan Etsuya is one of her close friends. Everything was going smoothly until Nakiri Azam...
770K 19.6K 56
Yukihira Haru is the twin sister of Yukihira Soma, and also the precious daughter of Jouchiro. Although they are a lovingly family, but when it comes...
9.1K 174 11
Totsuki academy, A culinary academy for the best of the best . Children from elite families, companies , and restaurants from all around the world...