Broken Wings

By Christellemakary

" What do you do when you meet the right person at the wrong time ? " More

Broken Wings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
The End
Author's Note

Chapter 19

31 11 0
By Christellemakary

chapter 19:

As I was getting ready for a day that I have no idea how it is going to be , my phone rang and I usually don't get phone calls that early in the morning .

" hello ?" I answered curiously .

" Good morning Elizabeth ,I am jaymie from Mr Alexander's office , I was wondering if you can Pass by his office before the class starts ? "

That feeling in my stomach keeps coming back every time I hear his name . What does he want from me ? Is he going to talk about what happened yesterday?

" Uh...of course I'll be there shortly " .

My heartbeats are getting faster and faster. I wasn't expecting it especially that early in the morning.

" Thank you sweetie, will let him know then . Have a nice day " .

A nice day ? I don't think a nice day is coming after that phone call . Now what should I do ? What time should I leave ? What should I say to him !? I am getting really anxious . I shall calm down  and get myself ready, ready for whatever is going to happen today .

I put on my straight slim black jeans , with a dotted black and white top and my favorite black converse . I didn't have much time to dry my hair so I left it wet , it will eventually dry by itself . My makeup was natural as always , thin black eyeliner with a bit of lipstick.  I glanced at the mirror before I left home , was somehow satisfied of what I saw .

All the way from home to College, I kept thinking about what Alexander could say to me . And how am I going to respond.
As I was getting closer to his office , my heartbeats were getting faster .
Jaymie was obviously waiting for me , as soon as I went in , she told me immediately that Mr Alexander was waiting for me.

I took a deep breath , said a little prayer in my heart and knocked on the door .

" Come in ".

That sweet voice will always makes me feel comfortable no matter how anxious I am .
He was sitting behind his office , his both hands were resting on his chin , he looked so serious , he didn't even stand up.

" Please have a seat miss Elizabeth. "

I was looking straight in his eyes , trying to predict what he's going to say , but it was impossible, there was a lot of contradictions in his face .
He wasn't smiling at all , at the opposite, everything about him tells me that he's angry except his eyes , he was looking at me in a way that I cannot describe , his eyes were examining every detail of me while i was sitting, they looked really sad and tired .

" There's something I need to tell you , please listen to me without interrupting ."

Wow , that doesn't sound good at all . I am really anxious now , I have a feeling that I am going to get hurt.

" I am listening " . That was all that I could say .

He took a deep breath , words were hardly coming out from his mouth, he was avoiding looking at me and I was getting more anxious till he decided to speak .

" I want you to forget about everything that happened yesterday , be sure it won't ever happen again . I was doing my job as a Dean and protecting my students that's why I punched the guy that was bothering you , it was a very immature decision from my side and I am sorry for it , it never happened before and it will never happen again .
As for what happened inside the office , it was a moment of weakness i am still feeling bad about what I did to you the first time you came into my class that's why I was acting like this lately , there's nothing more than this , I only feel bad that i made you cry .
Between me and you , there's only a relationship of a teacher and a student , you're like your other colleagues. Please keep that in your mind. And if there's nothing urgent there's no need for you to come to my office .
If you have nothing to say , it's better  for you to wait for me in the class with the other students " .

His words were like knives stabbing me in the back , I felt as if someone was squeezing my heart , pain is unbearable. Tears were forming in my eyes uncontrollably and I immediately looked down , he doesn't deserve any of the tears that were coming out. I was trying to think of something to say but all that I could say was :

" Sure , You don't have to worry ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.6K 26
No matter how much one person wants the other. No matter how "perfect" they may seem. They can still be perfectly wrong for each other. Spin off to i...
271 25 21
What's happens when you fall in love with someone three years older than you and you might not ever see them again, and they happen to be friends wit...
985K 40.2K 53
|𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲| /𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻/ 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿...
1.8K 49 8
you love your best friend, but he doesn't love you that way. buttt then you start to love his best friend. will you all make it work? or will it all...