Love in the Dark

chubbyalejandra tarafından

Can demons love? It isn't a question most people ask because most people don't encounter demons. But for 23 y... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Prologue

Chapter 14

433 17 10
chubbyalejandra tarafından

You say you love me. I say you're crazy. We're nothing more than friends. - Ann Marie

Lyla

I woke up the next morning feeling blissful.

I was well rested and I felt great.

I mean, I was back home with my friends and I got a 2 week break from work to get my self mentally ready for work and life in general.

What could be better?

Having him next to me.

I sighed.

That would actually be better. But that wasn't going to happen.

I made my choice. There is no reason for me to be doubting my self. It was pathetic really.

I was already caught up in getting my life back to normal. I don't have time to be regretting anything.

But that being said, no matter how abusy I was, I was still thinking about him.

He invaded my thoughts whenever the opportunity came up.

His scent was stuck in my mind. It was weird. It was crazy.

I groaned softly and carefully got out of bed, as to not wake Gen.

They had decided to sleepover. Not for the fun of it but for peace of mind.

If you can be kidnapped once, it can happen again. Gen had told me.

I grinned, she was always so worried about me.

Wes really just wanted any excuse to be close to me. He was sleeping on the couch which he wasn't so happy about.

I smiled as I remembered his childish arguing last night when we told him the arrangements.

He pouted and tried to make an argument about how it would be best if he slept with me.

In the end, of course he got the couch.

I tip toed out the room and went to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower and changed into running clothes.

I pulled up my Nike running shorts and tied my unruly hair into a high puff.

I fixed my sports bra and got my phone, ear phones and some cash.

I went down to the kitchen and wrote a little note to them, so they wouldn't get too worried.

I'm out running, be back soon. Took the driver with me so don't be worried. Xoxo, Ly.

I gave Wes a soft kiss on his forehead and silently opened my front door and slipped out.

He was too adorable.

"Good morning, Moloch." I greeted the driver.

He was leaning against the car when he turned swiftly.

His gaze immediately fell on me. His eyes scanned my whole outfit.

I knew he wasn't attracted to me but his heavy gaze still made me uncomfortable.

I squirmed.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, Miss Lyla. Its just that you seem so....under dressed." He said.

I looked down, "I'm going running. I have to wear these or I'll sweat even more. It's not a good look."

He grunted, "Where are you running?" He asked, sweeping his eyes over me again.

"I'm not sure. I'll be heading in that direction. But the actual destination is unclear right now." I answered, pointing up the street.

He nodded.

"I don't think my boss would like you running in this outfit Miss Lyla but it's your choice. Please be careful." Moloch said bluntly.

Well Azrael doesn't control me or the things I wear. It was bad enough that he brought Moloch with me as a damn body guard.

"I know. Will you run with me?" I asked seriously.

He looked up at me, "Me?"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. "No, the car. Come on."

"But what will Azrael say? I don't think he'll take this lightly." Moloch complained as I dragged him along.

"You are doing your job."

I started a light jog and Moloch followed, rolling up the sleeves of his white shirt.

"You're so persuasive, Miss Lyla." He smiled.

I smirked, "Exactly."

We continued jogging in silence. I was lost in my thoughts and I suppose, so was he.

Moloch had been working for Azrael for over 20 years. He was more of a big brother to Azrael.

He never told me where they actually met and how. But Azrael offered him a job and he really had nothing to lose so he took it. And the pay is supposedly great.

Moloch was given the job to watch over me when I came back home. It was an unspoken agreement between the two men.

I had absolutely no idea of this until I saw that Moloch didn't go home.

As to why Azrael sent Moloch here to watch me is beyond me.

I was quite safe before his goons messed up and took me instead.

He was the danger.

Not that he would even admit to that.

I had no idea how long Moloch would actually be here for.

My favorite café came into to view and I decided this would be the destination.

We stopped and went in.

I ordered 3 lattés and 3 muffins. Moloch had black coffee and a deli sandwich which he devoured.

We were now sitting at a window seat, looking over at the park just across the street.

I sipped on my latté and took a bite out of my muffin.

"Its so beautiful." I murmured.

Moloch hummed in response.

"I used to play in the grass, get dirty in the mud when it rained, get scratches and bruises when I played on the swing. Now all I do is work, eat, then sleep." I whispered.

"You can make time to do these things Miss Lyla. Its a violent p2cycle only you can break." Moloch stated.

I smiled, "True."

I drank the last of my coffee and got up, "Shall we go?"

He nodded.

I grabbed my take out coffee and muffins and headed out.

This time we walked since I had hot liquid.

"Miss Lyla?" Moloch called.

I groaned, "Please just call me Lyla." I begged.

He nodded, "Sure. Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

He looked at me, "What is there between you and my boss?" He asked bluntly.

My head snapped up and I nearly spilled the coffee.

"W-what?" I asked, surprised.

"While we were on the way to your New York home, he gave me strict instructions to watch over you. Shadow your movements. He said I should protect you with my own life." He answered.

I gaped at this.

What?

"Now, I have no problem dying for Azrael. He knows this. But you, you just came into his life. He gave my life no second thought when he told me to die for you if necessary. And he's never done that before." He stated.

I stopped. I stayed silent as my mind tried to process this.

He really told his best friend to die for me if necessary?

I was shocked by the level of recklessness this man had for his friend life.

Why would he even suggest a thing like that?

Why would a scenario even come about that this would be necessary?

"I guess, by the look on your face that you didn't know?" He asked, bringing me back from my thoughts.

I shook my head, no.

"Did you even talk to him, before you left?"

My mind wondered back to our last conversation. It wasn't the best. It could have gone better.

"We didn't talk about these extreme security measures if that's what you mean." I told him.

He nodded.

Suddenly, leaving felt so wrong.

I was hit with heavy guilt and shame.

Why was I so angry?

I was trying to convince my self that leaving was the best option.

I mean....of course it is. But I didn't want to leave Azrael.

"Moloch?" I called suddenly.

He hummed.

"Do you think I made the right choice? In coming back home for good?" I asked softly.

He looks at me for a while.

"You made the only decision that could have worked in that moment. There wasn't much options and you made a good call."

He looked down and sighed, "I can't tell you if you were right or wrong but, the look on your friends faces when you were home safely was worth it. It makes me think that, if you had had left under better circumstances, they wouldn't have a problem at all."

He smiled at me and continued walking.

I furrowed my brows, unsure of what he meant at first.

Then realization kicked in. I grinned. He was right.

We walked back home in silence as my mind pondered over what Moloch had said.

I'm pretty sure that Gen would be completely OK if I had left and told her exactly what's happening.

Wes on the other hand wouldn't.

He liked me and a few days ago, I liked him too. Imagine having to tell him I like my kidnapper.

I groaned inwardly.

Wait.....I liked my kidnapper.

Was I finally accepting the fact that, I may have feelings for this man?

I wonder if Azrael liked me too or was he just doing this out of a sense of obligation because of the whole mix up.

Maybe he actually had feelings for me.

I smiled at the possibility. That would be nice.

I had decided on what I was to do. The answer was so clear now.

I smiled as I walked up to door steps, saying bye to Moloch.

I was going right the wrong.

Chubbyalejandra 💖

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

740 3 24
A human and a hybrid baby? What could go wrong? Elvira had been snatched away from her normal life and is now stranded in an unknown world with just...
7.2M 591K 72
He was the prince who got away. He had it all - power, fame, glory, honor. (Did I mention the unlimited supply of money, alcohol and women?) Yet...
11.6K 2.7K 54
Guardian angels - more commonly known as The Bellatores in Heaven - were tasked with the conversion of earth-dwelling demons, mainly for two reasons:...
66 0 11
When a series of murders involving romantic partners turning on each other with no memory of it later surfaces, Sam and Dean head to the small town w...