Two Sided

By taekook-trasheu

•|Complete- Fully Revised|• "Is that your phone in your pants or are you excited to see me, hyung?" "Pistol... More

Chpt 1
Info for you
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 5
Chpt 6
Chpt 7
Chpt 8
Chpt 9
Chpt 10
Chpt 11
Chapter 12
Chpt 13
Chpt 14
Chpt 15
Chpt 16
Chpt 17
Chpt 18
Chpt 19
Chpt 20
Chpt 21
Chpt 22
Chpt 24
Chpt 25
Chpter 26
Chpt 27
Chpt 28
Chpt 29
Chpt 30
Chpt 31
Chpt 32
Chpt 33
Chpt 34
Chpt 35
Chpt 36
Chpt 37
Chpt 38
Chpt 39
Chpt 40
Chpt 41
Chpt 42
Inner World
chpt 43
Chpt 44
Chpt 45
Nothing really ends, Chpt 46
Epilogue
Special Hidden Chapter

Chpt 23

2.3K 134 50
By taekook-trasheu

|Revised|

Jungkook sighed lightly as he busied himself around his room, packing his things into two suitcases that Yoongi gave to him. He didn't think that two was very necessary seeing as he didn't really have anything at Taehyung's house to pack other than a few outfits. Yoongi told him to take some of Taehyung and V's outfits and jungkook asked what the differences were between them.

Until he saw them.

In the room full of expensive looking clothing, there were two sections. One where slightly baggy clothes hung that looked comfortable yet classy and one where sexier clothes that were tighter hung up. Some tight, some loose, but all sexy nonetheless. "Some will come in handy with disguises," Yoongi had said before leaving. After picking some outfits, Jungkook made his way back to his room, still having the problem of filling up his second suitcase.

He plopped down onto his bed and slid his hands across the soft covers while humming, lifting his feet onto the bed as he picked at the fabric on his socks. After V woke him up he didn't really talk to him and it wasn't much of a bother. When he went to practice, instead of going to bed, he did a lot of thinking and concluded that he had two choices.

He could either listen to Hoseok's words, from weeks ago and stay away from V and Taehyung. And everyone.

Or he could follow his heart and stick by his side no matter what troubles lied ahead.

It was a hard decision at first because he wanted the easiest. Would it be easier to ignore V? Yeah, probably. But would it benefit him in any way? No, probably not. Staying to V would show him that he was loyal and would be one of the very few people to not leave him throughout this battle they were all going through. But then again, did V care about loyalty since he didn't have any himself?

It was something he pondered after shooting a couple of shots and it made him realize, even if he was killed in the end, it would be the best decision he could make. Jin would want to stick through it to see what would happen. Jin wouldn't want Jungkook to take the easy way out. He'd want Jungkook to stay true to himself.

And helping someone who helped him, unknowingly, would be the highlight of his life.

But, it wasn't the only thing he thought about. Somethings didn't add up or make sense. Like What Yoongi said earlier. They weren't really after Namjoon. When Yoongi said that, V looked...bothered by it. Was it because he was mad they were after him and not Namjoon? Or perhaps it was because, in reality, Namjoon had caused just as much trouble and he wasn't being punished as harshly as V was?

Even when Yoongi said that he seemed uncertain about something.

Another thing that didn't make much sense was why Namjoon seemed to hate and loathe V more than he did Taehyung. He was picky with him, snippy at everything he did, whether it was harmful or harmless. It was annoying, to say the least.

And what confused him was Hoseok. He was a mysterious person in Jungkook's eyes. He met him at the club with Yoongi, but that day Hoseok kissed him. He learned from talking to him a couple times that it was to cover Jungkook from the group entering so they couldn't see him. But how could he freely do that when he was with Yoongi?

Romantically.

Jungkook told Hoseok he saw the two and he didn't seem mad. He did, however, say that Jungkook couldn't tell Yoongi he knew. Yoongi didn't want anyone to know because 1) it was forbidden and could get Hoseok in trouble and, 2) V wouldn't take it lightly.

Another thing Jungkook learned from his few talks with Hoseok was that Yoongi, Namjoon, and V had a complicated relationship, while Yoongi, Namjoon and Taehyung had something more stable. Yoongi had some secret job that V and Taehyung didn't know about, only Namjoon knew, and Namjoon and Taehyung use to be close, once upon a time. But, as Hoseok said, "All good things come to an end," Jungkook whispered.

He opened his eyes and looked up to see the brown-haired boy enter the room, staring at Jungkook. Jungkook returned the stare before letting his gaze drift tot he empty suitcase in front of him. He clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth and acted like he was packing the suitcase with a pillow. "What do you want?"

"Checking to see if you're ready, but I see you haven't even finished packing." V walked into the room and closed the door behind him, gently tapping the suitcase with his foot. "You idiot, are you seriously packing a fucking pillow? We're staying at a hotel, you'll have plenty of pillows."

Jungkook blushed and pulled the pillow out. "I-I know that but I need to imprint on my pillows." He held it to him and sniffed in the scent. It wasn't even his pillow. It was Jin's. V raised a brow and shook his head. "Then just imprint on your stuff there before actually sleeping. Don't waste space and pack a single pillow."

"You aren't my boss, I can pack whatever I want."

"Not if it's going to be a waste of space."

"Sorry, you clearly don't have a say in what is and isn't a waste of space, V."

"What the fuck is that suppose to mean?"

"I wouldn't know, I'm just an idiot, right? You're a big boy, figure it out."

V growled, making Jungkook's cheeks heat up at the deep gravely sound. "Being a smart ass, huh? Gotta say, you just keep growing balls, don't you?"

"Piss off, V."

V rolled his eyes and lightly kicked Jungkook's foot. "Stop being a sensitive little shit, princess."

"Can you stop calling me that, V?"

"Why? Fixing up a soft spot for me?" V questioned, wiggling his brows.

Jungkook stuck his tongue out and scoffed, placing the pillow on his lap as he looked down. He could unmistakably see the similarities between V and Taehyung. They both loved to tease. But V's way of teasing was much cruder than playful. "The second hour starts."

"What? Why now?"

"I'm too tired to deal with your annoying comments."

"I can still make annoying comments without being rude, buttercup."

"Goodmorning."

"Why, good morning to you, too, princess."

"What- Jesus, what is wrong with you. Don't call me that."

"Oh? And why's that?"

"I'm a guy. I'm not a girl."

"Some guys enjoy being called princess, buttercup."

Jungkool felt his cheeks heat up at the sudden memory that flashed through his mind. Taehyung did have an odd tendency for pet names that morning. Maybe it was a V thing and that was one of the first signs of V resurfacing. Bogum acted weird that morning, whispering to him and giving him pills. Jungkook decided to ignore his words, eyes scanning the room for anything else he could pack.

V also looked around the room, nodding. "Honestly, I'm surprised Bogum gave you this room."

"Why?"

"No one's used this room in forever. I didn't like people staying in here." He walked to a bookshelf and tilted his head to the side, fingers running across the books before pulling one and flipping it open, giving a longing look to the page he was on. "It was used for a comfort room whenever I was stressed."

"What's this? V opening up to me?" Jungkook asked with a playful grin. V glared at him and Jungkook waved. "Sorry, sorry. Continue..."

V shook his head and continued looking at the pages. "This was the very first house I ever got."

Jungkook frowned. Wasn't this Taehyung's last house that he bought, though? He stayed quiet and nodded his head. "Oh really?"

"Taehyung says it's his house. That he paid for it. But without the mission I finished, we never would've had the money for it. It was my place. A place I'd go to clear my mind from living two lives."

Is that why he was so mad when Taehyung invited us all here? "How does someone even live two lives?"

"It's easy. Some days you're someone, the next you live as someone else. But it's not really living two lives. It's the same life."

"But are personalities aware of what happens before they surface?"

V closed the book and furrowed his brow. "We're different. It's not the same. He can hear everything I say and feel some things I feel, but can't see. I can see, hear and feel everything he does and says."

"Why?"

"We're different." He flipped to another page as Jungkook nodded, holding the pillow again.

"But doesn't it get..irritating? Having to feel like you're wearing a mask or something? To become someone so different yet so...familiar?"

"Have you ever seen a penny?"

"A penny? Um..yeah, once or twice," Jungkook responded.

"With us, it's like that. We are the same person yet on two different sides of the coin. We're made of the same thing. We look the same. We feel the same. But we couldn't be more different. One side, happy, playful, laughing and not having a care in the world, and the other side....the complete opposite. It's not like we're a separate person, because we aren't. We're one person with two sides."

"Two-sided," Jungkpok said with a smile, actually surprised V was opening up so much to him despite disliking him so much. V looked over at him with a stoic expression, giving him a single nod.

"You could say that."

V set the book down and walked to Jungkook, tapping the pillow. "You know, instead of bringing Jin's pillow you could just pack some of his clothes."

"What-..how did you.." He looked up at V and saw the faint grin on his lips before he nodded his head. "Yeah,...you're right." Jungkook stood up and walked out of the room as V stayed in the room. Jungkook wasn't really expecting V to follow him, so when he entered Jin's room, he honestly felt a gush of loneliness wash over him.

No one had gone inside since the incident with Jin and even though jin didn't spend a lot of time in this room for such a short time, it still smelled like him. Jungkook slowly entered the room, eyes feeling heavy with tears as his eyes stuck to the bed in front of him.

On the edge of the bed was a white dress shirt, blazer and leather jeans. They weren't laid out nicely, they looked like they were thrown onto the bed in a rush. Jungkook recognized the clothes as the outfit that Jin wore the night Jungkook caught him dancing at The Red Line.

He walked closer and reached down, gently picking up the shirt and pulling it close to his face, fingers rubbing the fabric beneath his fingers.

He sniffed it gently. The smell of smoke, cigarettes, and sweat seemed to radiate off of it. It's not like it wasn't washed, Jungkook knew it was. It was memories that he could smell. The hardships he knew Jin went through just to provide for him and make sure he had, not what he needed but, what he wanted.

Looking back, Jungkook understood why Namjoon called him spoiled. At the time, he didn't think he was. They lived in apartments, each with their own room, but Jungkook didn't have a lot of things. He did have a few expensive things. Like his camera, which Jin bought him, and his computer which jin also bought him. And, of course, his entire gaming set.

He was so spoiled. Yet he complained all the time. Wanted to quit at Jin's coffee shop. Wanted Jin to get an actual job and not just pursue his dreams of owning a cafe.

Jungkook saw his hands start to shake but it wasn't from holding in tears this time. It was from guilt. All the guilt that bottled up inside of him. All the guilt that was trying to push out and spread. The guilt that had been consuming him since the day Jin left.

A hand settled itself on Jungkook's shoulder and Jungkook turned to see V. V squeezed his shoulder and gently took the shirt from Jin, tossing it to the bed. "Wouldn't want you touching that..."

"I-I know...He doesn't like when people-"

"Wouldn't want you to feel bad for him...."

Jungkook looked up at V who stared back at him. "'May be an asshole but I know how to sympathize with losing someone. Someone who raised you." His hand traveled up to Jungkook's hair and fluffed it a couple of times, earning a smile from the younger. "What do you want to pack of his?"

"I..don't think I want to take anything, really..." Jungkook tore his gaze from the beautiful man and looked around the room. "If I do it'll only hold me down in a mourning state. I need to get my head in the game this time. I won't break. No matter what. Not this time."

V grinned and rested his elbow on Jungkook's shoulder. "Promise?"

Jungkook chuckled and looked up at him. "Promise."

"Shouldn't promise something you can't keep, buttercup."

"Who says I can't keep it?"

"Me," V teased as Jungkook poked his chest.

"Don't underestimate me K-....V." Jungkook smiled and turned back around as he exhaled, nodding his head. "No one should underestimate me." He walked over to a picture laying on a nearby desk and broke out into a big smile.

It was of Jin, Namjoon, and Jungkook when Joon first hit it off at being an idol rapper. Jungkook was 16, Joon was 19 and Jin was 21 years old and Jin took Jungkook to watch Namjoon record a song.

It was one of the greatest days of his life because Namjoon and Jin didn't fight at all. Didn't fight or argue.

V walked up behind him and glanced at the picture. "....I have a picture of me-Taehyung and Namjoon like that."

"Really? How old were you guys?"

"I just turned 16 and Joon was 17. It was before he became famous. He was still a trainee."

"I bet you guys looked really young."

"He had black hair like he does now."

"Wait- Namjoonie has black hair???" Jungkook questioned, eyes wide. V nodded and played with his hair.

"Dyed it after I did mine. He looks like he did years ago. It's cute."

"I bet it is," Jungkook giggled, taking the picture. "This is the only thing I want to take with me...Let's get out of this room.."

V nodded in agreement and followed Jungkook out of the room. When Jungkook went to walk up the stairs to his room, V grabbed his wrist. "Are you hungry? You didn't eat much last night."

"I think I'm fine. I'll just snack on stuff in the car or in the Planetarium."

"Idiot, snacking isn't healthy. You're going to lose the muscle you complain about," V shot back, earning a whine from Jungkook. "having something small won't kill you."

"Depends. What's there to make?"

V rubbed the back of his neck and poked his tongue out to lick his lips. "There's leftover food from a couple nights ago. I had some so it's still really good."

"What is it?"

"Stuff Yoongi got from Panda Express...."

Jungkook grinned and nodded, following V down to the kitchen, occasionally glancing at his back. Once in the kitchen, V took out the plate and heated the food before setting in front of Jungkook along with a pair of chopsticks.

Jungkook bowed his head and started eating. It tasted absolutely amazing. The flavor burst into his mouth and exploded against his tongue, the orange chicken not too sweet and tasting just right. He hummed, eyes growing big as he continued to eat.

Yoongi entered but didn't make any noise as he stared at the two. Jungkook was sitting at the table, stuffing his face with food, while V leaned against the table, mindlessly gazing at Jungkook with glossy eyes. Eyes that didn't belong to V or Taehyung, yet anyone could tell it was V.

V cherishing Jungkook. A Jungkook who was eating like a pig. Yoongi decided not to make his presence known and he leaned against a wall, watching from afar.

No picture could capture the look in V's eyes. It was thoughtful and he was lost in thought, eyes moving every time Jungkook would adjust himself in the seat. V suddenly reached over and wiped some sauce from Jungkook's bottom lip, causing him to break out in a laugh and slap V's hand away, shaking his head.

V let out an airy chuckle and said something only Jungkook could hear. Yoongi expected to see Jungkook's face go red from anger or for him to yell at the other. But he didn't. He just looked at V and nodded his head, leaning over and resting his head on the table near V's hip.

Yoongi paid close attention as V's hand lifted, reaching for Jungkook's head but stopped. It hovered over the back of his head for a few moments before retracting. V repeated something and Jungkook shot up, playfully pinching V's thigh. He rolled his eyes at the older and focused on his plate.

Yoongi cleared his throat and walked towards the two. "You guys are up a lot earlier than needed be," he stated loudly to catch their attention. He walked to the table and leaned against it with both hands.

V's expression changed and he looked like the V everyone came to know. Annoyed and done with everything. "I was expecting you guys to both go back to sleep after I gave out suitcases. It's only...four in the morning."

"I couldn't go back to sleep. I needed to pack."

"Are you done packing?"

"Yeah. I have everything, hyungie," Jungkook responded with a mouthful of food, licking his lips with a hum. Yoongi grinned as he caught V staring at Jungkook before quickly looking away.

"V can cook really good when he wants to, huh?"

"Hm? Oh, I wouldn't know."

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked.

"Isn't this your leftovers from the other night?" Jungkook questioned, his doe eyes staring at the blonde. Yoongi's eyes flicked to V's and saw his cheeks were red like fire, eyes averted and looking everywhere but at them. If only you knew he cooked that just for you an hour ago. "Ah. Shit, I forget I even had that. Good thing you ate it. It's would've gone to waste."

Jungkook giggled and continued eating, pointing at V. "Plus, He'd never let me try his cooking. He hates me. If anything he'd poison it then serve me a dish. A great one, hopefully."

I wish you could see the way he looks at you, kid. Yoongi grinned and nodded. "Well, I'm gonna go get Joon then. Be sure you guys are ready when it is time to leave."

Jungkook watched the blonde walk away, leaving Jungkook with V. V cleared his throat and cocked a brow. "You finished eating yet?"

"Why?"

"Wanna show you something before the sun comes up."

"Mhm. I'm finished, V-hyung." He sat up and took his plate to the sink, washing it off before putting it on the rack next to the other dishes. He looked at V and waited for him to lead him. They walked up the stairs, walking past his room the up the stairs to Jungkook's room. They entered Jungkook's room and Kook went to question him before watching him go to a space in the room, pressing a button that was blending in with the wall. Stairs came out from the ceiling and V nodded. "Come on."

He walked ahead of Jungkook, his movements slow and soft. Jungkook liked this part of V. the kind side. He was relieved when he found out V could actually be nice but he was also saddened that he only had three more hours to use.

After that, he'd never see this side of V again. It was depressing for Jungkook. Counting this day. Jungkook had physically known Taehyung for a month now, having it already be November. He had know Taehyung, physically, for two months now.

V opened a door on the ceiling and a gush of wind blew in. Jungkook hugged himself and looked up, watching V leave. Jungkook did the same and stepped out, leading him to the roof. V sat down near the open hatch, patting the spot next to him. Jungkook grinned and sat next to him and before he could do anything else, V lifted a hoodie from his side with a smile.

"I figured you'd be cold. So I took this from your room and set it up here when you first left to Jin's room," V spoke, his voice thick and soft, almost like a whisper.

Jungkook couldn't tell if his own cheeks were red from the cold or from knowing that V was thinking of him. He murmured a 'thank you' and slipped on the hoodie that was baggy on him, giving him sweater paws. He placed his hands behind him to prop himself up as he stared at the sky, eyes sparkling like a reflection. V pointed to an alignment of stars and said, "That's Cassiopeia."

"Cassiopeia?"

"Named after the queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology," V explained, leaning his head to the side. "It's bright. You can't always see it. It's nice to see things like that." He scanned the dark area before nudging Jungkook. "That's Ursa Major....and Ursa Minor. The Big Dipper and Little Dipper. The Big Dipper is actually part of Ursa Major. See...? You can see it if you try to block off the other part."

"Wow..." Jungkook whispered in amazement. "Did you choose this place because it's easier to see the stars?"

"Of course. I've never been one to like being around crowds. I'd rather live in the country than the city. I grew up in the country, so....it's something I've always been fond of."

"I'd rather live in the countryside, too. It's calm. Serene." Jungkook closed his eyes as the sweet breeze blew across his face. "I like it here."

V nodded and leaned back, placing his hands behind him, one hand sitting right on top of Jungkook's. Neither of them flinched to move away at the sudden contact. Instead, they both continued staring up at the sky, both mesmerized by such a scene. Such beauty that was held above them.

It was silent for a while, neither of them talking, just listening to nighttime noises, the wind blowing and trees with leaves rustling together. Jungkook turned his head to speak and caught V already looking at him. He closed his mouth and studied his god-like features in the starlight.

His melanin was beautiful and it reminded him how much he hated seeing whitewashed photos of him. His natural beauty like this, no makeup, contacts or filters, was what Jungkook loved the best.

Loved the natural look. Loved seeing him content and calm.

Kook found himself slightly leaning in a little, not attempting to kiss the other but just wanting to be closer to him. I bet he's warm. Seeing how V didn't move forward or back, Jungkook continued to lean forward, getting ready to rest his head on V's shoulder. The wind blew again, waving V's hair around and out of his face.

The scent of his shampoo travel to Jungkook's nose and he closed his eyes to savor such a satisfying smell. A mix of fruit and musk. He was anticipating having his head come in contact with V's shoulder, wanting nothing more but to relax against him. Like their fun nap in the park after Taehyung's concert.

But his head never made contact with a shoulder. Something prevented him from leaning against V.

Lips.

Lips pressed to Jungkook's lips, molding perfectly against the younger's mouth, who didn't oppose nor reject the contact. He welcomed it back, kissing the other softly.

The taste of his lips was a mixture of his shampoo and what his breath smelled like. Fruits and musk, but the fruit was a light strawberry with a hint of vanilla, which blended with the mint from his toothpaste. The taste was flavorful and fantastic, making it the most innocent yet the best kiss Jungkook had ever experienced.

He tilted his head to kiss V deeper and V hummed, his hand tightening around Jungkook's hand. Jungkook raised his fingers and parted them, entwining their fingers and squeezing him back, letting him know that he felt it.

He felt it too.

And he didn't want to stop feeling it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 12.4K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.7M 56.3K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

108K 2.5K 40
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
513K 16.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...