HIDDEN VOWS

By xorlaliopel

[Formerly titled Billion's Bride] [STATUS - EDITING] "I want a church wedding." "You want a church wedding?"... More

•ɴᴏᴛᴇ•
Preface
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Bonus Chapter
•ɴᴏᴛᴇ•

Chapter 30

44.3K 1.9K 123
By xorlaliopel

Flickers of gold danced across the fire screen where the woods burnt gently in the fireplace.

Though the heat kept their little space warm, the temperature had dropped considerably after the rain had receded-leaving the air cold and damp against one's skin.

Billion's fingers skimmed across the smooth skin of Emery's arms as he cuddled her to his chest, sharing his body heat with her.

Her bare legs were pushed up against his thigh, her hand spread across his broad hairy chest, and in the curve of his neck her head laid-her soft raspy breaths bathing his skin in tingles.

Words were at the tip of his tongue as she laid in his arms, both of them sated and exhausted, but he held back his thoughts, thinking she had fallen asleep. An impression given by the gentle rise and fall of her bare bosom.

The little vixen had unknowingly touched an ardor cord within his essence, and as thrilling as that discovery was, fear ceased his heart. For she was still harboring feelings for another man.

He was more than willing to amend his old ways, just to become a deserving man. But what if he fails to meet her expectations? What if his past holds him as a prisoner and destroys all they have built?

"What are you thinking about?"

His eyes fluttered briefly as he inhaled her intoxicating scent. He then glanced down at her with a gentle smile that matched her coy one.

"Did I wake you?" his deep voice sent a delicious sensation between her thighs.

"Not really."

"Good, cause the night is still young." with lewd intentions and a suggestive smile, he dragged his knee teasingly into the valley of her thighs. And an uncontrollable moan fell from her lips as her inner core tingled with new awaken sensations.

"You're a temptation, Dekker." his carefree and throaty laughter had her aching for him once again.

With feminine grace, she climbed on top of him, the veil of silk, pulling unheeded beneath her waist. His eyes blazed with fervent passion at the beautiful sight of her, and with expert fingers, he traveled the path of her smooth abdomen into the depths of her firm beckoning breast. She moaned at his touch which lit her skin on fire, and like a tempest, she sunk down deep, taking him all the way into the tight-fitting walls of her warmth. The cold simpering wind carried a mix of vanilla and sandalwood as she rode him with his expert guidance- beads of sweat, glistening their skin and adding to the friction.

He held her tightly yet tenderly against him, his warm mouth closed in on a hardened nipple as they ministered unto each other in love. Their moans and heavy pants filled the suite as pleasure beckoned them to the highest peak of ecstasy with every deep stroke. They both came undone- the aftermath, sending tremors through their bodies as they laid in each other's arms again, sated. He kissed her on the forehead, both of them adorning gratified smiles.

And as he held her against where his heart laid, he prayed she would stay forever.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · · ️

Billion awoke with a sense of disorientation when the ring of his cell phone disrupted his peaceful sleep. He rubbed the remnants of sleep from his eye and groped for the ringing phone.

"For Pete sake Lewis, it's not even six in the morning!" he whispered harshly, cussing under his breath when the woman in his arms stirred in her sleep.

'Good you could enjoy a blissful night because I have been calling you since the break of dawn, Miles.'

The edge in his voice had Billion shifting under the sheets. "What's wrong?"

'The storms from last night caused some damages at HOPE ...'

"Is everyone alright?" Billion queried in hushed hysteria.

'A bit shaken up but they're fine. I'm there at the moment with Ramon and the other boys. Get you ass down here, Miles.'

The line went dead before Billion could say anything else. His gaze shifted to the sleeping beauty beside him.

All he wanted to do was to cuddle her, serve her breakfast in bed when she wakes up and perhaps, spend the rest of the day with her. If her weekend schedule would permit them.

However, there was his other family who may actually be in some sort of trouble. Kids and old people who may need his help.

Billion combed his hands through his unruly hair as he stared at her sleeping form in confliction. He pried the sheets off and rose in his naked glory.

With long strides, he went to the bedroom for a quick shower. He dressed up quickly in warm clothes and rushed back to her side.

A broad smile touched his lips when he came to meet her still curled form under the covers. He felt guilty for exhausting her but not once did he regret the beautiful moment they shared.

Hastily he went through the drawers for a paper and a pen but found nothing. Shit. He sent a quick text to her phone, explaining his reasons for leaving.

Billion rode the sheets over her shoulders gently and left a tender kiss on her temple.

"I'm sorry I have to leave but I'll make it up to you, Queen," He said before dragging himself out of the suite.

Sometime after his departure, Emery awoke from her peaceful sleep.

Her body ached in all the right places but it was worth the night of passion and love.

She was in a daze for a second as her eyes darted around the sunlit room and landed on the bed she laid on.

His side of the bedding was empty and cold and she knew right then that he was gone. She took a shaky breath as the realization brought tears to her eyes.

Is this what he does to all the girls he bed?

A torrent of bitter thoughts clouded her sense of judgement on the spot. She wrapped the silk around herself and stormed into his bedroom for her clothes from last night.

Luckily they were dry when she found them. She dressed up and left his suite.

The journey back to her car was taken through a shredded heart. The amazing time spent with him meant a great deal to her, but clearly nothing to him.

Good lord, had she been so bad at it that he didn't even want to spend another minute with her in bed? Emery thought bitterly.

Embarrassment weaved into her dignity at the thought of him finding her lacking as a woman. In every sense of the word.

Once in the comfort of her car, she leaned against her seat to compose herself. She cussed out loud when the light from her phone flared.

Immersed in her rescue mission last night, she had completely forgotten about the poor thing.

"Ten missed calls from Christopher, six from Natalia and three from Diana. Great. There's probably a search party out there." she started the car and drove out of the club.

️️· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

By the time Emery pulled into their driveway, the early morning sun had already risen.

She gave a silent prayer to the heavens when there was no sign of her brother.

He is probably in bed.

With that redeeming thought, she shut the main door gently behind her and jogged into her bedroom.

She dropped her cell phone and car keys on the nightstand and plopped into the cadence of her cozy bed.

Assaulted by anger, and tiredness, she found herself in a deep soundless sleep once again.

Emery awoke sometime in the afternoon per the demand of her ringing phone.

Another ton of missed calls decorated her screen and knowing who the caller was this time, the vicious pound in her heart soared.

She was an independently grown woman, and there was no way she was going to berate herself for someone's inactions.

Even with these feminist opinions, she could still not bring herself to speak to the man her grieving heart was pinning for.

The ringing phone slipped through her fingers, and dropped onto a pillow as she hurled herself into the bathroom for a hot bath.

After soaking her weary muscles for minutes, she readied herself to start another weekend.

She pulled on a sweater as a caution against the cold weather and grabbed one of her combs from the vanity to disentangle her hair.

She stiffened when her eyes fell on some faint marks in the curve of her neck.

"That son of a bastard," she pushed her hair back to survey the visible branding marks.

But as much as Emery fought off the warmth creeping up her skin, she found herself caressing them tenderly as memories from last night fraught her mind.

"Emery?" her brother called from behind her door.

"Coming." she covered the love bites with her hair and went for the door.

"Natalia brought some lunch if you want to join us," Christopher said begrudgingly and limped away.

His monotone alerted Emery of an impending lecture but to her surprise, her brother neither uttered a word or glanced her way when she joined them in the kitchen.

"Hey, are you OK?" Natalia asked gently.

"I'm fine, Talia. I'm really sorry for scaring you guys last night."

"Of course you're," Christopher intoned drily.

Emery let him at her knowing he was in the red mood due to the white lie she spewed last night.

"She is fine and that's what matters, Chris."

Natalia's defense drew her gaze from her fuming brother and she offered her friend a grateful smile.

"Only you will defend her recklessness. We had our hearts in our mouth worrying sick about her but not once did she think to pick up her damn phone or call back!"

"Hon, I know you're upset-"

"You don't know how I felt the entire night knowing that my sister was driving through a storm so stop defending her!"

"I've already apologized for my mistake." The couple turned to her. "Look, I'm sorry OK? I accidentally left my phone in the car-"

"I'm guessing you slept at the mall then?" Christopher inquired with knitted brows.

Emery's cheeks filled with heat but she stood her ground. "I don't have to explain myself to you or anyone for that matter, Chris. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I don't expect you to be on my back over everything."

Christopher's eyes widened at his little sister's rebuke.

Emery felt bad instantly after she let those words out but before she could apologize, her brother picked up his plate of French fries and beer, and left the kitchen.

"Chris..."

"He needs some alone time, Em. let him be," Natalia said. "come on, have something to eat," Emery sighed deeply and joined her at the dining table.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

Billion's wish was not granted when he came back to meet an empty suite. Gone for the entire day, he had not expected her to be waiting for him. But a man could dream.

He discarded his shoes and clothes and went to wash off debris of grease and dirt. He paced in front of his home bar as he tried out her number once again but it went to voicemail like before.

Dammit. Why the cold shoulder?

Billion was still going through his phone when he saw that the message he sent in the morning was not delivered due to network issues.

Crap!

Now he knew why she was avoiding him. Shit. She probably thought the beautiful moment they shared was a hit and run!

Billion's stomach rolled in waves of nerves as more rueful thoughts weighed down on him.

Damn it. He had screwed up big time.

He ringed Samuel and asked him to order two boxes of Pizza from BECCA and a bottle of champagne from the club.

The minute Samuel brought in his order, Billion pulled a black trench coat over his warm clothes and headed out with the intention of paying her a visit.

He was very much prepared for some scolding if that was what it would take for her to forgive him.

His mind was divvied up as he drove to the Hamilton's home. On one hand, he was thinking about the ongoing maintenance at HOPE.

The blustery wind from last night had indeed caused some minor damages to some parts of the grand building. But it was not so alarming as Lewis had made him sound on the phone earlier.

On the other end was his raging goddess who was messing with his mind.

Billion shook his head in amusement, a docile smile clouding his features as her beautiful face came to mind.

I'm so whipped.

──────────────•••─────────────

ʜɪ 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
266K 9.9K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
13.6K 881 47
That moment when you are being stood up by your lover on your special day. When you are standing at the altar feigning smile at the one you ought not...
24.7K 1.4K 42
Daisy has been a stripper all of her life against her wishes. With an annoyingly genius brother to take care of, she is ready to do whatever it takes...