She's not my sister

By BOMask

Harley and Alix are two girls forced to live together and act like sisters since their parents decided to rem... More

Chapter 1 - Never
Chapter 2 - Deal with it
Chapter 3 - Jealous
Chapter 4 - Crash
Chapter 5 - Forget it
Chapter 6 - What did not happen
Chapter 7 - Can't help it
Chapter 8 - Tease and pretend
Chapter 9 - No talking
Chapter 10 - Secret
Chapter 11 - More acting, less thinking
Chapter 12 - Not out but about
Chapter 13 - Behind closed doors
Chapter 14 - Sneaky Spiders
Chapter 15 - No eggs for me
Chapter 16 - Homework
Chapter 17 - Best worst news
Chapter 18 - Sleepy whispers
Chapter 19 - One day
Chapter 20 - Ends and beggings
Chapter 21 - Papers
Chapter 22 - Come cleaner
Chapter 23 - Need
Chapter 24 - Run away
Chapter 25 - No fuel
Chapter 26 - Snake and change
Chapter 27 - No rest
Chapter 28 - Get out, stay in
Chapter 29 - Can't do this anymore
Chapter 30 - Move on
Chapter 31 - Substitutes
Chapter 32 - Say it
Chapter 33 - Again
Chapter 34 - Deals
Chapter 35 - Well behaved?
Chapter 36 - It's so hard
Chapter 37 - It changes nothing
Chapter 38 - Competition
Chapter 39 - Trust
Chapter 40 - Messages
Chapter 41 - (Un)breakable
Chapter 42 - Left to do what's right
Chapter 43 - Player 3
Chapter 44 - Headaches
Chapter 45 - P(l)ayback
Chapter 46 - We stay together
Chapter 47 - Don't press play
Chapter 48 - Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 49 - Revelations
Chapter 50 - Heroes And Villains
Chapter 51 - Fight And Flee
Chapter 52 - Don't Give Up On Her
Chapter 53 - Not As Planned
Chapter 54 - The Calm Before
Chapter 55 - The Storm (Part 1)
Chapter 56 - The Storm (Part 2)
Chapter 58 - Family First
A/N
A/N and a photo of a cucumber (updated)
Chapter 59 - Outcomes
A/N
Chapter 60 - The gang (part 1)
Chapter 61 - The gang (part 2)
Important A/N
Chapter 62 - New chapters, old tales

Chapter 57 - Who Won?

3.7K 121 23
By BOMask

"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home"

Matt's P. O. V.

- "3068  Bridge Street, 3068  Bridge Street... Where is this place?"

It seemed like I had been driving for fucking hours. I knew I was close, I knew Claire was close, I could feel it.

I felt a rush of adrenaline when I found the place I had been looking for. Parking the car two houses away, I got out. My mind was running with expectation and I knew I should be careful and expect this guy to not be as easy to convince as Chad was. I wish I had some kind of weapon... I have that bat, but I really don't want to come in the house and start breaking people's skulls. After a while I searched the trunk and found some old fishing gear, probably my dad's and inside a box, a pocket knife that must be to cut ropes and scale fish and stuff. I decided that would be my last resource if it came to the point where I would have to protect myself.

I thought about how I would do this and decided to look around the house first, maybe find a back door or some way to get inside without bringing a lot of attention to myself. Fortunately they made it simple cause the garage was slightly opened and I could in fact go through the small space, I just hoped the door to the house was also opened.

I went into the garage that was kind of dark and used my phone to light up the space, reaching the door in no time. I also found a wrench that would be heavy enough to knock someone out and put it away. It's better than stabbing someone.

I put my ear to the door and listened for noise, but silence greet me and I was glad the door wasn't locked as well.

I entered the house after turning off my phone's torch trying to be as quiet as possible. I moved through the place and found it odd that it was in fact so quiet. It seemed like no one was home and since it was dinner time, that was kind of weird.

Moving through the hall of the house, some sort of sound was heard now, wait, is that,... porn? I peaked through the door the sound seemed to come from and saw a guy watching porn on his phone and jerking off, well, not any guy, this guy I knew, James, from school. I had my fair share of watching penis I did not want to see in the last few days and so I stopped looking only to wonder what this guy was doing here. He must be alone in the house, because he's touching himself and watching porn loudly in the fucking living room.

The most fucked up thing was the fact that he kept on saying Alix's name randomly, like he was thinking of her or something.

- "Fuck this! I don't care what they say. They are not coming back as soon either way. Why should I watch pussy when I have the real deal in the fucking basement ready for me to take, well it isn't my Alix, but still. That old bitch can't tell me what to do." He loudly said making me wonder what he was talking about.

Some noise was heard and the sexual noises from the video stopped being replaced by footsteps. I moved fast and entered a door that seemed to lead to an office of some sort, hiding behind the door to let James through without noticing me. After he passed the door and turned right on the end of the hall, I left the room to follow him.

_______________________________________

Claire's P.O.V.

I honestly feel nothing anymore. All of the times he raped me, everything they did to me... Did I deserve this? Maybe I did, maybe I'm paying for all that I've done. I don't want to keep on living anymore. I just wish they would kill me by now.

A door opened making me look up. James, again with his twisted smile and a bulge in his pants. I honestly had no energy to fight back anymore, I just let it happen and cry myself to sleep every day hoping for death.

- "Happy to see me baby? Did you miss me?" He walked towards me and left the door opened. He always did just so he could watch me look at that open door in hopes of getting out someday, but not anymore. I knew that would never happen, so I just put my head down not uttering a word while he took his keys out to unlock my legs chains to pull them apart. Just when I was waiting for him to order me to open my legs after the chains were off...

_______________________________________

Matt's P.O.V.

I bashed him in the head with every once of strength that I had. After watching Claire like that, chained and dead on the inside, I wanted to kill this guy and everyone who had some part in this.

Claire looked up at me with widely opened eyes, the eyes I had missed so much, but that were now filled with nothing but tears and fear.

- "Ma, Matt?" Was all Claire said.

I hurried myself at taking the keys from the bastard and taking Claire off those chains as fast as I could.

- "I'm here, I'm here, you're going to be ok, I'm getting you out of here." I said while taking off all of her chains.

As soon as all of them were off, Claire lunged herself at me like she was making sure I was real, hugging me. I hugged her back for a while.

- "Matt, I, I..." She tried to talk but I knew this wasn't the time.

- "It's ok, let's get out of here first before he wakes up." I responded helping Claire up. She was weak, really weak and skinny.

We moved as fast as we could and once we were out that first door, I locked the guy inside. That would help me make sure he would go nowhere when the cops came.

When we were on top of the stairs Claire stopped us.

- "The recording. We have to get it." She said in a weak voice.

- "What? What recording Claire, we have to get out of here!" I whisper yelled thinking she was crazy for even wanting to spend another second in this house.

- "The recording to free my brother. I know they have it. Ruby was always talking about it. It's in an office somewhere in the house." She responded.

Wait, Ruby? Ruby from our school?

- "Ruby? What?" I asked as I moved towards the office with Claire now, remembering where it was.

Claire seemed tired but nodded still.

- "Yes, it was her brother. The one who killed the kid in that accident. He has a confession of it recorded." She explained. As confusing as all of this was, I decided not to question it and went into the office with Ruby.

- "There must be a pen somewhere. Green with a white lid. She showed it to me." Claire responded and I sat her down in a chair for a while and quickly searched for the pen everywhere. It didn't take long for me to find it in on of the desks drawers and as soon as I did, I was able to get Claire again and move out of the place, putting her in my car and moving towards the hospital as soon as I could.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

It all happened so fast. And here I was now speeding towards the hospital in my bike with Alix. Julie had went in the ambulance with George.

I was still a little bit confused with everything that happened. I realized our Uber driver was actually a security guard that George had to protect us and she handled things pretty well and called the cops and took care of everything has she said those were orders from George if anything happened.

I still don't know if Ruby or Alix's mom were still alive because of how quickly everything happened. The police, the paramedics, everything was so fast. All I know is that George was in a critical situation and had fainted while quickly losing a lot if blood and my mom and Alix were both freaking out while I tried to keep it together for both of them.

I really don't know how am I being able to do so. How many people can tell you they've had two people jump in front of them and taking a bullet? Not many. I've escaped death twice now and someone else was hurt.

Just as we parked on hospital grounds, Alix was fast to get off the bike, take off her helmet and run towards the front door. I tried to call her, but ended up running behind her, knowing I wouldn't be able to calm her down.

She went directly to the secretary to ask for information and the woman simply said where George would be. Once again we ran towards the hospital, through halls and up stairs. We finally saw my mom walking around back and fourth in a hall, in distress.

- "Julie! Where is he?! Where's my father? Where have they taken him?" Alix asked running towards my mom and trying to get through the door behind her. My mom tried to calm her down while she, herself, seemed like she was as agitated as Alix and the sight of the two people I love the most in this world suffer like this made me vulnerable for a second. Inside, I felt like them, I was desperate to know what would happen to George and if he was ok, but I had to be here for Alix and my mom.

Finally my mom was able to control Alix with a hug as both of them broke down in tears. This is going to be a long night.

_______________________________________

Liam's P. O. V.

I wonder if Harley's still up. I want to know what she's planning fot Alix's birthday and also when she's thinking about going to the hostel.

I left my room making sure I didn't woke up my sister and called Harley who took a while to pick up.

- "Hey H, how's it going?" I asked with a smile.

Unfortunately her voice didn't match mine as it sounded like she wasn't doing so good and she wasn't. After she told me what had happened, well, kind of, she just told me Alix's dad had been shot and was in the hospital undergoing surgery and they didn't know if he would make it, I hurried myself to get my stuff and leave the house telling her I'd meet her there.

I moved outside and one of the servants asked if I needed something, but I just got my car and hohse keys and left in a hurry.

I got in my car and stopped before turning it on. June, did she know about this? She's Alix's best friend, maybe I should call her.

And so I did.

I put the phone to my ear not knowing if she would pick up, but after a few rings, she did.

- "Liam? Why are you calling?" She asked.

I tried to put what we had behind me right now, thinking about Alix and Harley and no one else.

- "Has Alix talked to you?" I asked in an aggravated tone.

- "No..., why? What happened?!" She seemed to get agitated as well now.

I told her everything I knew and after a while told her I would pick her up at her house. She agreed to it and I knew we were putting our misunderstandings aside for our friends. At least we both knew when to be grown up enough to do so.

_______________________________________

Alix's P. O. V.

I can't begin to explain how I feel. This weight in my chest is heavier than what I can deal with. The waiting is worst. It's driving me insane not knowing how my dad is or what is happening right now. Julie and I have been crying non stop and every doctor and nurse seems to just dismiss all of our questions or tells us to wait, be patient or stay calm. How could I possibly stay calm when my dad just got shot?! How?? It's been hours since we last heard anything and while Harley is trying to be here for both me and her mom, I don't think I've ever felt so lost and alone in my entire life.

The possibility of losing my dad, the only family I have, keeps on running through my mind. Every single thing that happened in that house keeps replaying over and over in my head and I feel dizzy and sad and confused. I feel a million things and the same time nothing at all.

Finally I was brought out of my thoughts when a doctor appeared with some papers in hand.

- "Are you George Mayer's family?" He asked and all of us got up and moved towards him eager to know something, anything about my father.

- "Yes, how is he? What happened?" Julie was the one who asked nervously.

The doctor looked at us and at the papers before speaking.

_______________________________________

Matt's P. O. V.

- "Matt, why are you taking me to the hospital? I don't want to be here." Claire asked with slight panic in her voice.

I looked over at her with raised eyebrows and checked her figure once again quickly.

- "Claire, you're in really bad shape. They need to take care of you. I promise I won't leave your side." She had scars and cuts all over that hadn't healed well, she was completely bruised from head to toe and she was just so weak and skinny that it was hard to see her like this.

She looked at me with fear in her eyes. She really didn't want this, but she had to be checked by professionals.

- "I, what if they hurt me? And what about my brother? I have to prove he's innocent." She said breathing faster and faster, almost like she was on the verge of a panic attack.

I got her hand in mine, trying to get her to calm down.

- "I've got it ok? I won't let anyone hurt you and I will swt your brother free, just, please trust me. You need to get yourself checked. You need help Claire." I said calmly and she seemed to calm down even though she never agreed with me with words. She just nodded while I parked the car.

Once I got out, I moved around the car and got Claire out. This time taking her in my arms so she wouldn't have to waste anymore energy and also cause she was barefooted.

Once we got inside the hospital, we were quick to get some help. They took Claire into observation after I assured her I would stay in the hospital until I could see her again.

After they took her away, I finally took a deep breath and slowly recollected myself from the night's events. All of this was so confusing.

After a while I asked one of the nurses who rolled Claire in how long she would be in observation and she responded that it would take some hours because of the state she was in and I decided I would get some coffee and call the police to come to the hospital and take care of James as well.

I moved towards the cafeteria and just as I got in I saw someone who looked like Harley asking for coffee. What could she be doing here?

I moved towards her quietly, wondering what could have happened for her to be here.

- "Harley?" I asked when I got closer and made sure it actually was her.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

- "Wait, so Alix's dad was shot?" Matt asked while we drank coffee at a table.

I nodded and Liam and June entered the cafeteria just then and June instantly asked for Alix and how George was doing without even seating at the table.

- "Surgery went well, but he drifted into a coma. Doctors say all we can do is wait and that there's no guarantee of when or if he will wake up." I responded looking at my still full cup of coffee. I had no idea what to do. I just wanted to rewind time and prevent this from happening, prevent all of this pain from existing right now.

June quickly asked me where Alix was and I told her. After that she moved out the cafeteria quickly while Liam sat down at our table.

- "Ok, but what happened? How did this happen? Who shot him?" Liam asked and Matt nodded waiting for an answer as well. I still had no idea what Matt was actually doing here, but I really haven't had the time to ask.

I told them everything. From Alix's mom, to Ruby. Everything I knew. Matr was the first to react as he clenched his fists.

- "Ruby. It all makes sense now." He said with anger.

- "What does? Why are you in the hospital Matt? What happened?" I asked now with curiosity.

- "Claire, I've found her. She was being held captive in Ruby's house with James guarding her. They used her." He said finally making me extremely confused and shocked.

- "What?!" I simply blurted.

He finally looked at me now.

- "Remember when I told you Claire was being blackmailed? Ruby was the one blackmailing her. Ruby's brother was drunk driving and killed a kid. He knocked Claire's brother out and blamed it all on him. Ruby must have recorded a confession of her brother and used Claire to destroy yours and Alix's relationship and in return she would give Claire the recording to set her brother free. When I found out about it in the Bahamas, Claire came back. Her brother said she told him she was going to cut the deal off. When she tried to get out of it, they knew she knew too much and they kidnapped her. And James..." He said making my wide open eyes wider.

- "James? What?" I asked.

- "Yeah, he was at the house when I found Claire. He must have been on guard while the rest of them went to your house. He, they, they abused her Harley. I know it. They beat Claire up, James raped her. She's cut and bruised everywhere. It all makes sense now. Alix's mom wanted the money, Ruby wanted you and James wanted Alix. Ruby's brother was being blackmailed by Ruby or her mother cause they had his confession. They all had a reason for this and Claire was a pawn, she was used." Matt finally made sense of all of it and I was more enlightened than I've ever been before.

It all made sense now and I knew  that even though they didn't win, maybe neither of us did. George was in a coma, Claire was in bad shape and would be severely mentally damaged from all the trauma, everyone was on edge with all of this and no one knew what would happen. And now what could we do? Now we had to wait and hope for the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 43 16
There's a new unpopular girl named Jay and a popular girl named Jasmine. Jay is a lesbian who's out to everyone while Jasmine is also a lesbian but...
124K 4.5K 29
It's not impossible to love a broken soul. But it takes a lot of time and patience. Inspired by : *. Take Me Home - Jess Glynne Alex is not your ordi...
3.3M 132K 57
Not even one night passes by when the nightmares don't visit him. He learned to live with them, hide them deeply, accept all the guilt of the things...
690 49 20
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...