Daisy

By bonezzzzzz

He continues to stare as the young girl hums quietly, while keeping her eyes locked on the book in her hands... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Epilogue

12

313K 9.6K 13.6K
By bonezzzzzz

he was her warmth
she was his peace

CHAPTER TWELVE

SETH

It's been a few hours since I brought Daisy to my place. Dustin's already brought her school work and some clothes for the next couple of days.

She's basically been sleeping the whole time.

I was honestly so surprised when Dustin pulled me over to ask if she could stay with me.

Of course I said yes. How could I say no?

I glance at the sleeping girl next to me and feel a frown appear on my face for the hundredth time today.

Seeing her like this hurts my chest.

I notice her small body starts to move a little. I guess that's a good thing since it's almost time for dinner. Dustin told me to make her some soup, since apparently that's what he does whenever she gets sick.

I brush some of the hair out of her face. "Daisy, wake up." She whines quietly and moves further into the blankets. "Are you hungry? I can make you some soup if you want." I offer, while gently running my fingers through her hair.

She says something but it's muffled by the pillows and blankets surrounding her.

"I'll take that as a yes." I chuckle, before leaning down and kissing the top of her head. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

When I make it into the kitchen, I collect all of the stuff i'll need to make chicken noodle soup. Ten minutes into mixing the soup, I hear light footsteps getting closer.

I can guess who it is, since there's only one other person in my house.

I set the spoon down and turn around to see little Daisy standing at the entrance. She rubs her eyes tiredly. "Where's bubba?"

I send her a smile as I walk towards her. "He's at work. You're staying with me for a couple days, remember?"

She slowly nods and peeks around my larger figure. Her eyes light up. "Is it ready yet?"

I shake my head. "Not yet hun, soon." I slip my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. I then use one of my hands to press it against her forehead. My eyes widen. "You're already cooling down. Do you feel any better?"

She shrugs. "A little."

"That's progress." I kiss her temple.

I don't know how much longer I can stick to just kissing her cheek and forehead.

I need to feel her lips against mine.

I quickly realize that i've been staring at her lips and divert my attention to her eyes. She's looking up at me curiously. When she suddenly bites her lip, my eyes snap back down to them.

I bring my hand up to her plump lips and tug it back into place with my thumb. "What did I say about doing that Daisy?"

She blushes and I can hear her breathing quicken.

A smirk appears on my face when I realize the effect I have on her. Glad to see that it's mutual.

I use my thumb again and slowly trace her bottom lip. "I don't think you know..." My eyes stay locked on them as I speak. "How fucking badly I want to kiss you right now." I mumble huskily.

Her cheeks turn bright right as she blushes even more. "Seth..." She trails off nervously.

I shake my head and take a deep breath. I suddenly dip my head down and nuzzle my face into her neck. "I know."

The sound of a timer going off breaks me out of my trance. I sigh and pull away from Daisy.

"You ready to eat?"

~

"Is this right?" Daisy holds out the worksheet for me to see, as we sit on my bed, doing some of her schoolwork later that night.

I scan over it and smile. "Yeah that's perfect, good job."

She grins and sets down the paper. "That was the last problem. Can we do something else now?"

I nod and help put all of her work back into her bag. "Why don't you change into something more comfortable?"

She nods and goes to walk over to her bag when suddenly she stops and shyly turns to face me. "I-I don't think Dustin packed anything for me to wear to bed."

I send her a reassuring smile. "That's alright, I have something you can use."

She nods and patiently waits as I walk into my closet. I choose a plain black t-shirt. It'll be big on her so she shouldn't have to worry about anything underneath.

"Here baby."

She blushes at the nickname i'm assuming and takes the shirt, mumbling a quiet 'thank you'. I nod and watch as she heads into the bathroom.

I let out a deep breath and fall back onto my bed.

This girl is going to drive me crazy.

How does Dustin expect me to take things slow? Does he not know me at all? He knows that when I want something, I get it. No matter what it takes.

And I want Daisy.

The bathroom door that's connected to my room opens and out walks Daisy. My eyes scan over her small figure and I lick my lips. She smiles and sets her neatly folded clothes onto her overnight bag as I stand up from the bed.

While she's turned around, I take this chance to wrap my arms around her waist from behind.

She gasps quietly and jumps at the sudden contact. "Seth." Her voice is shaky as she grips my arms that are around her.

Saying nothing, I bring my hand up and brush her hair out of the way so the back of her neck is exposed. When I lean down and softly kiss that exact spot, she gasps once again and leans into me. I smile against her skin and trail kisses further along her neck. Daisy giggles when I reach the spot where her shoulder and neck meet, making me chuckle as well. I turn her to face me, but make sure to keep my arms around her.

I stare into her pretty eyes and feel myself getting lost in them. I don't even realize that i'm leaning closer until we're only a few centimeters apart.

I swallow my nerves. "Can I kiss you." My voice is just below a whisper.

Her eyes widen.

"Please." I mumble.

She slowly and reluctantly nods.

Now having her permission, I don't waste any time. I lean in further and press my lips against hers.

Sparks.

Cliche, I know, but that's honestly all I felt.

Holy fuck, her lips are soft, I think as she grips my biceps. The kiss is slow and not rushed at all. It's as if we have all the time in the world.

I deepen the kiss and move my hands so they're now gripping her hips.

There's no way this is her first kiss.

After a few seconds, she pulls away for air. Her lips are swollen and she's breathing heavily. Not ready to stop yet, I let her take a break for another second before attaching my lips to hers once again.

This time, it's a little quicker. I run my hands up and down her waist while she slides her arms around my neck. I slowly move her backwards until she hits the wall and gently push her up against it.

"Wait." She whispers.

I pull away and trail kisses down her neck, allowing her to speak.

"Dustin...he-he'll be upset."

I chuckle at her worrying. "Dustin's fine with this. Just as long as we take it slow."

"A-Are you sure?" She stutters, as I go back to kissing her.

I gently bite the skin of her neck, making her let out a whimper. "Positive."

Suddenly, as i'm about to lean in to kiss her again, she pushes me away. I stumble back a little and look at her with worry. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sick Seth! Now you'll get a bad fever too!" She exclaims, looking panicked.

I send her a soft smile. "Nah baby, i've got a strong immune system." I then smirk. "Plus it's too late now isn't it?"

She blushes. "Still, I don't want you to get sick."

I run my hands up and down her waist again. "I won't, promise." She still looks unsure. "Can I kiss you now?" I ask impatiently, sounding slightly desperate.

Can you blame me? I've been wanting to kiss her since the day we first met.

She giggles. "Sure-"
I cut her off with my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 365 27
Growing up Charlotte Parker and Tyler Andrews were close and when he cut off all contact after he went off to college, she was heartbroken, but fate...
237K 5K 30
Rebelling against your parents is only a phase, right? Right? - I sit back down next to him and sigh. "Everything okay?" He asks. I shrug, "She's ups...
4.1M 116K 30
"In a room that held the most dangerous men, stood an angel." ~ Daisy was a beautiful, naïve daughter of a proud, wealthy family. Somehow, she agreed...
15.3K 446 22
Paige and Jackson were best friends growing up, window neighbours and the closest people in their grade. That was until Jackson grew up and moved on...