Why I Don't Like You

Door IdioticTeaParty

Liz was kidnapped when she was 6 years old. Now, 11 years later, the handsome and rich Nick gives her her fre... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1: Because freedom would be nice
Chapter 2: Simply because I don't like it when people watch me when I sleep
Chapter 4: Simply because there are not enough walls around here
Chapter 5: Because you are free
Chapter 6: Simply because you are literally overly attached
Chapter 7: Because you are ruining my life
Chapter 8: Simply because heaven is a one way trip
Chapter 9: Because you can never be sure
Chapter 10: Simply because it's supposed to be illegal
Chapter 11: Because you weren't supposed to get it
Chapter 12: Simply because it's too awkward
Chapter 13: Because you are not the owner of my life
Chapter 14: Simply because you can't fire family
Chapter 15: Because we need to leave
Chapter 16: Simply because you don't let me go
Chapter 17: Because I want a happy ending
Epilogue

Chapter 3: Because Teddy-Timmy is the only one that needs a bed

449 17 8
Door IdioticTeaParty

Liz' POV

'I missed you so much baby!' My Mom pulled me in another dead-hug. A tear rolled down her face as she combed my hair with her hand.

I heard footsteps on the stairs, and out of habit I tensed. That was until I saw a little boy standing halfway. He looked at me with big eyes. I was not sure if he recognized me, he had probably never seen a good picture of me. At least not one where I look a bit like how I look now. His hair was red and his eyes gold-brown. 'L-Liz?' I nodded. He did recognize me. He ran downstairs and the last inches between us. He hugged me like that is what he is used to do. I felt and heard him swallow as I stroke away the tear on his cheek. He was clearly studying me as he did a step backwards. 'You're dirty.' He stated. A little smile appeared on my face as my Mom nodded in agreement.

'Come on, baby, I'll cut your hair.' I followed her to the kitched and watched her grab a scissor. 'Sit down and don't move.' I did as she told me and she started cutting. Large tufts of hair fell on the ground.

I took a deep breath. 'Please tell me that you've done this before!'

She laughed. 'Well... This isn't the first time... Maybe the second time.' She laughed and another tuft of hair fell on the ground. 'But don't worry, your hair is so incredibly long that we can still go to a professional after this!'

She sighed and stopped cutting my hair. 'Honey.... You need to know, that ehm, you can talk to me about it, you know that right?'

I nodded and ran my hand through my hair. 'Mom.... Do I still have a bedroom?'

'Oh yes! Do you still remember where it is?' I saw a tear in the corner of her eye as I shook my head.

My room was bright pink, because I -apparenly- liked that as a little girl. My mother left me alone for the first time after I came home. The bed was meant for a little girl, not for me. My Mom clearly didn't change anything after I left.

I did a step forward to my bed. I got a flashback as I saw the pink sheets.

'NO! No!' I burst out crying. I ran to the hall and sat down against the wall. Tears streamed down my face as I took another look at the teddybear in my hand. Timmy. My mother named my little brother after my teddybear. I buried my head in my hands and let the tears flow. I slowly lifted my head as I felt a hand on my shoulder. Timmy sat down besides me with his arm around me and he laid his head down on my shoulder.

After a while he spoke to me. 'How did you escape?' His head was still on my shoulder and his arm was still around me.

'You know Nick, right? He helped me.' He lifted his head and he looked at me with a surprised look on his face. 'It's actually a pretty thrilling story, and - SHIT! That damn man is probably still there!'

'Don't know what you did to him... But if you didn't kill him, he's probably gone sis.' He was right and I knew it. I sat down again and hugged my little brother. 'Maybe we should get us something to eat... You look like you're starving. Mom is gone... She is telling the police that you're back!'

He stood up and walked away. A few minutes later he came back. 'I ordered pizza!' The last time I ate that was 11 years ago. I don't even rember the taste.

'That...That was just like a piece of heaven!' We just finished the cheese pizza Timmy ordered. I lent back against the couch and let out a sigh.

'Oh come on! It wasn't that good!' Timmy laughed.

'Well okay... Why don't you eat air and bread for eleven whole years, let's see what you think about this pizza after that!'

Timmy stood up. 'I,' he stated, 'am on a mission!'

'well agent T., is it a secret or are you willing to tell me what kind of a mission it is?' I looked up at him while he was standing like superman on the table. His hair was messy and his clothes were stained. A real superhero.

'Well Agent L., follow me to the Timmy-cave. Only there I can tell you safely what is going on. Make sure you have an alibi!' I laughed as he ran away with his arm still in the air.

'So, this is the Timmy-cave?' he was sitting in the middle of his own bedroom and looked through the window. His room was covered with different posters of superheroes. There was a poster with a man in a bat costume. Batman was written in huge letters across the poster. Next to that poster was a guy that called himself the Ironman.

'You don't know them, right?'

I shook my head. 'Nope... Not a single clue who they are!' Timmy was still looking through the window, and without looking at me he began to explain who they were.

'You see.... Ironman is some kind of wapen Willy Wonka! You know who he is, right?' As I nodded he went on. 'Batman is a really cool superhero. He fights The Joker. The Joker is a man with make-up. He looks funny.' Timmy giggled at the thought of that Joker guy. 'And to answer your question... No. This is not the Timmy-cave.' Timmy ran away, with me chasing him. He stopped in the middle of the garden. 'You see that? That's the place.'

Under a big tree was a little wooden house, with a few windows in it. Through the widow I saw that the walls were covered with more posters.

'You know...' Timmy stared at me. 'Mom can't know the Timmy-cave is here, okay? She isn't allowed to get in there and she doesn't need to know that it ís there at all!'

I had to suppres my laughter as I took another look at the abvious wooden house in the middle of the garden. 'Sure!' I said with a pokerface 'It's our secret!'

The inside was filled with pillows and obviously clean. Mom.... I reconized some of the posters. They were the same as the one in his room. The windows had white lace curtains. On the windowsill was a picture. I took a step forward to take a look at it. Me and Teddy-Timmy was the first thought that popped up in my head. I took another step forward and blew the dust of the pictureframe. I smiled. 'You like it?' Timmy asked. I nodded and mumbled an 'I love it'. Then I put it back were it was and sat down on one of the pillows.  

'So timmy... you're 10. right?' 

'Uhu! Sure am! And you are 17, love pink, teddybears, cupcakes and glitter!' 

'Wow, than you know more about me than I do!' I said with a smile. I loved it how he perfectly knew what I liked when I was six years old. 'So what do you like?' 

He looked at me with his mouth wide open. 'Don't you know? Superheroes!' Once again he stood in his superman pose. After he stood like that for a few seconds, he ran outside screaming 'Moom! Liz and I ordered pizza!' With a smile on my face I followed him outside to, to my mother. It was definitely weird to see her again.

'How where the cops?'

'Oh, they are just happy that you are back! Tomorrow you need to go by and talk to them about what happened...'

I nodded and walked straight to my room. I grabbed Teddy-Timmy out of the bed and sat down on the pink chair in the corner. With the bear in my hand I started to think. What did the police know? Whas he still walking around? Do they know about Marge?

I stroke Timmies bellie and was surprised by the... the scars it had. The substance was sewn together. I frowned and looked right in Timmies eyes. 'What happened little guy?'

'What do you mean?' My mother closed the door and did a step inside my room.

'It's sewn together? I mean... Normally Timmy was so soft?'

In the hallway I heard real Timmy screaming 'Awwwh yeaah! I'm sooo soft!' My mother started laughing awkwardly and blushed. 'Errhm... When you were just kidnapped...' she did a step forward and sat down on the edge of my bed. 'I was mad... You see, I-I blamed Teddy-Timmy.'

I raised my eyebrows, which my mother took as a go on 'The phone was ringing... I left you alone and went inside to take it. It was Ellie - your friend back then-  to tell that Timmy was still there.' She put her hands on her lap and tried not to look nervous. 'It was too painfull to blame myself, so I blamed that little guy... Mothers do weird things when their child is lost, you know.' She looked at me. 'I'm sorry, honey...'

'It's okay Mom... I don't blame you, not even a little bit.' I sighed. 'Mom.... Can I ask you something?'

'Anything, baby'

'Who's Timmies father?'

'Oh....' Her head turned red. 'Ehm... I, actually, adopted him. When you were gone, I needed distraction! So I thought that another child would be great! A brother or sister for you had been my wish for a long time. So, counting on you comming back, I thought it would be a nice surprise!'

'It's great! I love having a little brother! Does Timmy know...'

'Yes. Yes he does. But he treats me like I'm his real mother!' A little smile appeared on her face.

I yawned. 'Maybe you should get some sleep. You can sleep in my bed if you want to? I'll sleep on the couch.'

'No thanks, Mom... I don't need a bed. I prefer standing up.'

My mother raised her eyebrows. 'Well ehm.... Okay then... But tomorrow we are going to get you a bed. Goodnight!' She gave me a kiss on my cheek and left.

Leaning against  the wall, I fell asleep.

I woke up from a loud laughter. 'Damn!' Timmy sat down on the floor holding his stomach with his hands. He opened his mouth to start talking, but all he could do was laugh. 'I-I, you! How is that possible?' He stood up, still holding his stomach.

'What do you mean? Me sleeping standing up? I'm used to this! I can't imagine sleeping on a bed!'

'Anyway... I came to tell you that breakfast is ready! And we have a lot to do today, like buying you clothes, a bed,' he giggled 'and you need to visit Paul.'

'Paul?' I asked.

'Yeah... Our housecop. Oh and you need to pick a school!'

After breakfast, my Mom took me to some store, to buy clothes. On our way I looked around. It rained, the snow was melting. I opened the window and stuck my hand through it. I didn't mind the coldness, all I cared about was feeling the wind. It was years ago that I sat in a car for the last time. I liked it. Seeing the world pass so fast, seeing all the people doing the things they normally do, like nothing bad ever happens.

One thing I was sure of: I didn't like buying clothes. Try them on, sort them out, see what looks good on you and what doesn't... It drives me crazy. I like clothes... Just not the part of buying them. But I knew that it was probably one of the best parts of the day, I didn't really look forward to visiting Paul. What could I say? ''Hi Paul! I'm back! Now you need to find that crazy man of a muderer and oh, he is a damn bastard!''' I probably needed to tell details, about what he did to me, and where Marge was. It would make it so definite.

'Okay Liz, next up is your room! We need to sort out a bed, because you are not sleeping standing up anymore!'

'But Mom, I'm used to it! I don't even know how to sleep in a bed anymore!'

She pointed at me with her index finger. 'No but, we are getting you a bed!'

After I picked a white bed, made from iron, we could finally leave. Oh well... Finally. Next up was definitely less fun than this, although I wasn't sure if that was was possible.

On our way to the policestation I became nervous. Reminisce about that time wasn't my favourite activity.

It was a big building, with a big logo on the front side of it. A stairs led you to the front door. Sitting in the car, I thought about how I would ever get my legs that far to go into that place. There were two answers to that question: 1) Let somebody drag me. 2) Not at all.  If it was on me I would go for option 2. But looking at my mothers face I knew she chose secret option 3: just get the hell out of this car and walk.

'Ehm... Bye Mom!'

'Goodluck honey, I'll wait here. You've got to do this on you own...' She kissed me on my forehead and I got out of the car.

I took a deep breath and started walking. The stairs was way to short if it was on me. There was no time to decide what to say or how to act. I just had to do this. I opened the front door and took another deep breath. I walked to the administration.

'Hello dear, how can I help you?' The woman asked.

'Ehm hi, I'm Liz McDillion, my mother told me to ask for Paul?'

'Oh yeah! Wait a minute, he'll be right here!'

'Already here! It's good to see you, Liz! I'm Paul, nice to meet you!' A tall man, bald with a mustache, shook my hand. 'Come on, we'll go somewhere we can talk.'

Great, that's what I wanted.... Talk. 'Do I need to tell the details?'

'Some of them would be great, but don't worry. I won't force you.' He winked.

We sat down on two chairs standing around a round table. 'Do you want something to drink?' I shook my head. 'Let's start right away then, so it won't take too long. I'll just ask you some questions, not to personal. I'll give you other questions, for wich you have to come to me whenever you're ready, so there's no pressure today.'

He waited until I whispered a '''yes''' and then moved on.

'You did a great job, Liz! Just think about the questions I gave you. I'll see you later!' He shook my hand and I left the building as soon as possible.

'Hey honey. How was it?' The soft look on her face looked so sweet, so full of sympathy.

I thought for a moment. 'Oh just... About what he looked like, what his wife looked like, what happened to her... That sort of stuff.'

'What happened to her? Did something happen?'

'Mom, just shut up, okay? I don't want to talk about it. Can we just go home now?' I fastened my seat belt and looked straight forward.

We drove in silence. My jumping little brother looking through the window couldn't cheer me up. Neither could the pancakes my mother made.

'You know what I think honey?' I looked up at my mother. 'Distraction. We are going to pick a school so you can go there fast, and then you have something to do!'

'Mom. No offence, and I would love to go to school... But I can barely write. I can read, but write; no way.'

Another look of sympathy was on my mothers face. 'We'll find you some help for that. Perhaps I can help you until we have someone better.'

'That would be great, thanks Mom!' Not very enthousiastic I forced a smile.

~~

I was lying in my bed. The alarm clock my mother bought could go off every second now. School. Yay.

'DRRRR' I growled and turned the awful alarm off. I got dressed fast, not paying too much attention to my looks. I wasn't really looking for any more attention, the picture on the front page of the national newspaper was already too much for me. Not to mention the news channels. People would look at me anyway, no matter what I was wearing.

After breakfast my mother brought me to school. I still had problems with writing, but I was pretty okay at it now. My mother thought me the trics and tips.

As soon as I stepped out of the car people stopped walking. All gasping and pointing at me, I knew I was their new attraction. Some people even started laughing. ''Look! it's Liz! The girl that hasn't lived, I heard she can't even write!'''

All I wanted now was to run back home. But unfortunately my mother was already gone, and I didn't really knew the way, so I calmly walked into the school, happy that I already had a coversation with the principal yesterday.

'Liz! Liz! OMG!' A girl with blond hair ran up to me. She hugged me, and altough I had no Idea who she was she started talking to me.'Remeber me? I'm Ellie! I am your friend, atleast that's what we used to be when we were kids! We practically grew up together! My mother already told me that you came to my school and AAH! I'm so happy you're here!'

'Ellie! Wow! You!' The happiness of the girl that once had my teddybear cheered me up. She would probably make my day slightly better.

Another person behind me screamed my name. 'Liz! Liz, wait up!' A male voice this time. I turned around, looking right in his ocean blue eyes. Nick.

I didn't see this comming. What was I supposed to say? How was I supposed to react at all the girls standing behind him with their mouth wide open (Ellie included)? 'Ehm, hi! Nick! How are you?'

'Oh I'm great! It's nice seeing you here! How are you?' He asked.

'I'm better! I'm glad I can go to school now, just pick up a normal life.'

He nodded. 'I understand! It must be great for you to be here!'

Another blonde girl interrupted our conversation. 'Hi, boyfriend! Who is this?'

'Hi person that is definitely not my girlfriend!' A guy watching us sarted to laugh, making his black curls shake around his head. 'Liz, this is Rebecca, Rebecca, this is Liz! I told you about her!'

'Oh yeah... The girl you spent the night with!' The guy with the black curls started to laugh harder. Rebecca looked at me, judging my looks and clothes. 'Come on, you need to go!' She pulled Nick's arm. He tried to wave to me, but Rebecca grabbed his other arm too and tried to kiss him.

'Well hello, I'm Alex!' It was black-curl-guy. 'I'm Nicks best friend. He told me about you, Liz! But I got to go, nice to meet you!'

'Nice to meet you too!'

He left. Ellie was still staring at me with her mouth hanging wide open. 'Do you still think this is a terrible day?' I nodded, wich made her mouth hanging open even more. If she would go on like this I would be scared that her jaw might fall of her face. 'You spoke to the two most popular guys of this whole school. To be honest, you didn't speak to them, but they spoke to you! And That's rare Milady!'

'Wow... Cool. For me they're just the guy that saved me and his best friend.' I turned around and walked away from Ellie. I wasn't really looking for guy-talk on the first day of school. I wasn't into them, I just met them. I wasn't planning on talking to them again.

In the lunch break Ellie came up to me again. 'You know... Nick lives in a huge house, which he can pay for, because he's a famous singer. When you hear his voice, you can just... Melt! And Alex! He's just hot... But Nick is hotter.' She pursed her lips.

'I'm not looking for guys yet...'

Unfortunately for Ellie, the bell rang at that moment, announcing the next classes.

--------------------------------------------------

I thought I just use this chapter for you to get to know Liz! So I hope you liked it!

Please vote, like, comment, give me advice! I would really appreciate it! :3 Or fan! Fan would be so awesome! Actually everything would be awesome... I still love it all ^^

Next chapter is going to be Nick again! Thanks for reading :DDD

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

16.1K 670 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
2.1K 534 36
[Genre: Romance, Drama, unrequited Love] Diana's best friend, her unrequited crush, is getting married soon. As she's heartbroken watching the new co...
353K 11.9K 65
****THIS BOOK IS BEING EDITED!!! SOME CHAPTERS GOT SWITCHED AROUND AND MESSED UP THROUGHOUT THE BOOK. THE CHANGES WILL BE MADE SLOWLY BUT SURELY OVER...
26 0 36
This is no ordinary romance story, there's drama, suspense, twists and murder all packed into this story. ×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××× Julie Sa...