The Alpha of Death

By xoKissMyAxe

"He's called the Alpha of Death because death always follows him around." One male begins. "Some say he came... More

๐Ÿ…ข๐Ÿ…จ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…Ÿ๐Ÿ…ข๐Ÿ…˜๐Ÿ…ข
๐’ถ๐“Š๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰๐‘’
1 | ๐•ฅ๐•ช๐•ก๐•š๐•”๐•’๐• ๐•”๐•๐•š๐•”๐•™รฉ
2 | ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•›๐•–๐•”๐•ฅ
3 | ๐•ก๐•š๐•ฅ๐•”๐•™ ๐•“๐•๐•’๐•”๐•œ ๐•–๐•ช๐•–๐•ค
4 | ๐•ฅ๐•™๐• ๐•ค๐•– ๐•—๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ค
5 | ๐•’๐•“๐•ค๐• ๐•๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•– ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค
6 | ๐•ž๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ
7 | ๐•จ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–๐••
8 | ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ง๐• ๐•š๐•”๐•–
9 | ๐•ก๐• ๐• ๐•ฃ ๐•“๐• ๐•“
10 | ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐••๐•™๐•–๐•’๐••'๐•ค ๐•ž๐• ๐•›๐•š๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ค
11 | ๐•’ ๐•ค๐•’๐•• ๐•ก๐•ฆ๐•ก๐•ก๐•ช
12 | ๐•—๐•’๐•š๐•ฃ๐•ช ๐•˜๐• ๐••๐•ž๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ
13 | ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•ฅ๐•๐•– ๐•’๐•๐•จ๐•ก๐•™๐•’
14 | ๐•ค๐•™๐•– ๐••๐•š๐•–๐••
15 | ๐•—๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’๐• ๐•˜๐• ๐• ๐••๐•“๐•ช๐•–๐•ค
16 | ๐• ๐•Ÿ ๐•’ ๐••๐•’๐•ฅ๐•–
17 | ๐•—๐•–๐•–๐•๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ฆ๐•ก
18 | ๐•”๐•ฃ๐•–๐•–๐•ก๐•ช ๐• ๐•๐•• ๐•ก๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ง
20 | ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•š๐•ฃ ๐•ก๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•ค
21 | ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•’๐•ค๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•๐•š๐•ฅ๐•ฅ๐•๐•– ๐•“๐• ๐••๐•ช
22 | ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•–๐•’๐•ž๐•ช ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ
23 | ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•ฆ๐•’๐•
24 | ๐•œ๐•š๐•ค๐•ค ๐•ž๐•–
25 | ๐•š๐•ฅ'๐•ค ๐•ž๐•– ๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•ฅ ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ
26 | ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•’๐•ค๐•ค
27 | ๐••๐•’๐••๐••๐•ช
28 | ๐•๐•–๐•˜๐•ค ๐•จ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ค๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐••
29 | ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•“ ๐•š๐•ฅ
30 | ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•“๐•’๐•๐•๐•ค
31 | ๐•“๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•’๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•ž๐•–
32 | ๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ช ๐•จ๐•–๐•ฅ
33 | ๐••๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ก๐•ก๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜
34 | ๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•ฅ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•–
35 | ๐•ค๐•จ๐•–๐•–๐•ฅ ๐•ค๐•”๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ
36 | ๐•ก๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•๐•š๐•ก๐•ค
37 | ๐•’ ๐•”๐•™๐•š๐•๐••
38 | ๐••๐•–๐•ง๐•š๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐•ค๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•–๐•ฃ

19 | ๐•ค๐•”๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•–๐•ค๐•š๐•ฃ๐•–

424 12 26
By xoKissMyAxe

chapter 19
___
If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.

 ...Lucas

My office was dark, the only light in it being cast through the window by the luminescent moon. Bottles of werewolf whiskey stand tall on my desk, papers strewn everywhere. I lean further back in my chair after I grab another full whiskey glass. Downing it, I feel like I'm drowning myself in my own despair instead. I throw the glass at the wall and it shatters upon impact, shards flying everywhere. I grab the half empty bottle and gulp its contents down before putting it on the side to get yet another.

I had finally resorted to alcohol to bring me less agony. I had finally become my father. I had accepted defeat.

I can feel my Bond with Melanie growing slightly weaker, day by day. My wolf's pain and mine had combined by this point. And it had only been a week since Carmen told me about the future dinner and the Mating Ceremony.

Alphas Theo and Reese had presented their foolproof plan to everyone and we had all agreed that this would be the best choice. Two days after our first meeting, most of the Alphas returned to their own Packs to start training their warriors more strenuously.

Although I just said I accepted defeat, it was only against the Mate Bond and my anguish. This war was still in motion and I would try my best to retrieve what's mine, no matter her connection to the hybrid asshole.

Jackson had stayed two more days to get to know Carmen. He had even asked me if she could move to his Pack. I had told him it was up to her since she was his mate and she skipped around in joy after that, until they left together. All I had to do was sign her release papers so she could transfer to his Pack.

Alex kept me as much company as he could with everything that was occurring. My closest friend, Leo, tried to keep up with me but eventually even he couldn't. My beta, Jeremy, was the only one left, trying to get my mind off of my mate and more on the training. Jeremy had been here with me and my Pack, through thin and thick, like my siblings. But unlike them, Jeremy understood me more since he too, had lost his mother almost the same way I had lost mine-- in a Pack war, a couple of years ago.

Our mothers lost their lives protecting the rest of the vulnerable children and women, or so my Beta and I had been told. After some research, we had discovered that they had actually been captured. To get at my father and his closest friend. That's when I remembered everything that seemed to have been concealed in my memory. I bet my left nut that my dad managed one, last good thing in hiding that gruesome memory from Jeremy, apparently Carmen, and I, before altogether disappearing from this world.

I despise them all, especially Caine's father. He was the reason Jeremy and I had to learn to grow up so quickly. He's the reason half the members of my Pack had died in that war and our reputation had been destroyed. He's the reason my father became so fucked up after my mother's death. He's partly the reason I am who I am now.

There had been so much bloodshed. So much death. So much destruction. And all so Caine's father could have my dear mother. 

Why? 

Even I don't know the answer to that. The only person who did, my father, was gone. 

Where?

I have no fucking clue. He disappeared. In the middle of the night with Jeremy's dad, a few days after my mom's death. People assumed he died. So do I, to be honest. Where could the raging alcoholic have gone, in his battered and emotionally torn apart state?

But then, where was his body?

We could only assume that nature had its way with it. There wasn't an easy way out, in my life. There weren't any simple or solid solutions. There was only pain and death. I didn't want Melanie to be involved in this. In my life. But she already was; she had been the second I discovered she was my mate.

The door to my office opens, bright yellow light pooling into the room. I hiss like a vampire would against the light and I hear Jeremy chuckle before closing the door. "How long are you going to keep this up, Lucas?" He sighs, flipping on the lights. I glare at him through the blurriness obscuring most of my vision.

I am drunk, to say the least. "W-what?" I slur. "The rumors have come true. This just p-proves that I'm exactly like my father."

"Come on man, don't do this to yourself." Jeremy sighs, picking up the bottles one by one. I immediately move forward to grab as many as I could for myself.

"I have n-nothing better to do." I retort, taking a swig of my whiskey. My Beta snatches the bottle out of my grasp and opens the door to the room to hand them to my brother, Alex. I flip him off before Alex can leave, for taking away my medicine to life's misery.

"Sober up, asshole!" Alex calls out, shutting the door firmly behind him. I growl at the closed double doors, knowing he probably didn't hear it through the soundproof room.

"I have bad news for you Lucas and I know it's not what you need right now but if I don't tell you, it's going to bite me and you both in the ass later." Jeremy begins, slumping down on the couch in the corner of my office. He draws his hands together in front of them and brings his head back up to meet my piercing drunken gaze. "Alessandra's here."

"A-Alessandra... who?" I ask, confusion rearing up within me. Alessandra... I forget who she was and how she's relevant in my life. Have I met her before? Did we fuck? Oh Goddess, I couldn't have gotten her pregnant, could I? Mates can only procreate with mates, so no. Why is she here again?

"How much have you had to drink?" Jeremy groans, pulling at his hair. "Alessandra? Leo's ex? Chick who was obsessed with you? The witch whore?"

"Oh." I murmur, still thinking. "Ohhhhh! Her." Anger begins to tear through me and I growl as I straighten myself up and run a hand over my tired face. The wolfsbane-infused alcohol rages through my blood, and I know I'm going to have the mother of all headaches in the morning. "What the fuck is she doing here?"

"I don't know man, but the witch insisted on-" Jeremy began only to be cut off as the doors to my office open once more.

This time, a certain platinum-blonde haired bitch stands in the doorway. I hurriedly sober up for the situation that awaits me. "Miss me, baby?" It purrs, her cat-like eyes taking me in and the scent of her disgusting arousal thickens the air around me.

"Let me take a wild guess, Jer-- it insisted on seeing me?" Narrowing my eyes at my warlock friend's ex-girlfriend, I stand up to my full height. What he ever saw in her, I will never know. "Care to explain why the hell you're here?"

"To see you!" She exclaims, dashing into the room and Jeremy quickly closes the doors behind her to avoid another confrontation with my Pack's in regards to her return. They never liked her and honestly, who did? Alessandra runs up to me, about to wrap her arms around my body but I take a step to the left-- away from her. She stumbles into the now empty space, expecting me to be there instead. "Same old Lucky, huh?" 

I distance myself from her so she saunters over to the sofa and sits down, her short, see-through singlet revealing most of her upper body while her mini skirt tugs even higher than I thought it could, close to exposing things I would rather not see. Jeremy desperately tries to hide his apparent disgust from beside me.

"You have no right to use that nickname." I spit out before hissing in exasperation. "Fuck it, don't call me anything." I declare, revulsion now openly seeping onto my features. I swear, I tried holding up my friendly-ish act. I can tell Jeremy was holding back his laugh from seeing the witch's embarrassment in the mere span of the past three minutes. "Why are you really here?" 

I might be slightly intoxicated but I wasn't stupid. This bitch was transparent and I could see through her as if she was a fucking window. She had a motive for her sudden appearance. Why else had she hidden herself for the past couple of years but appeared at the brink of war after I had found my mate?

"To get you back, babe." She claims, her hand slowly pulling her skirt up towards the apex of her legs. She stops when my eyes flash in distaste and annoyance. "You're proving to be quite impossible, Lucky." She groans, tugging her bottom lip in-between her teeth before drawing her top down further, unveiling more of her ample yet completely unnecessary cleavage. Her scent of desire flares up even more, causing us to cough at its horribleness. I avert my eyes, for the first time in my life, from a woman's body, knowing it's not who I'd rather want it to be.

"If you think anyone would be interested in you or your little display, scortillum, you've got another thing coming. And nobody's buying your bullshit." [Latin: scortillum- little whore] Jeremy hisses, slamming his hands onto my desk and speaking for me. I sigh, sinking down onto my chair while pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"He's right." I say, purposefully not specifying to which of his statements, since they were both true. I narrow my eyes at the appalling witch. "Just get to the point."

Alessandra's eyes widen with fake hurt and she mumbles her reasoning, somehow maintaining eye contact with my burning glare, "You deserve better than the hoe you got stuck with by the Moon Goddess. I'm here to justify how I'm better than her and how I deserve you, not that ungrateful, unfeeling, horrendous bi-" 

Before she can finish her sentence, I have my hand wrapped around her throat, holding her a foot above the carpeted floor. "I'd be very careful on what you say about my woman." She struggles against me, scratching at my hand while turning a hideous shade of red, then purple. Her cries fade into quiet whimpers as she finally stops fighting me once I had begun tightening my hold. I drop her as soon as she accepts her defeat.

Alessandra falls to the ground in a heap, hands rubbing her bruising neck while she desperately tries to gasp in air. She splutters for a good minute before she abruptly gets up, her tears leaving behind a glistening trail of wetness on her cheeks. "Y-y-y-you s-son of a b-b-bitch!" I refrain from saying, "yes, and?" The witch raises her hand to slap me but I quickly snatch it out of the air before it's about to meet my face. "I-I love y-y-you! H-how could y-you do t-t-that to me? T-the woman you l-love?"

My eyes darken with pure anger and the fire that had begun to burn deep within me at her words against my mate takes over my being. Jeremy even glances at me worriedly, having sensed my intense rage. "I NEVER LOVED YOU, YOU DUMB WOMAN. I WILL NEVER LOVE YOU. You betrayed my best friend over and over again, despite the fact that he treated you like a queen. You sided with Caine's father's attack on my Pack, and for what? To aid in the killing of my mother? To get your asshole of a mate back?" I roar, swiping my arm across my desk and launching everything onto the ground. 

I inhale and exhale deeply to gain back control of both my wolf and my emotions. I turn my back to the witch and dismiss her in a high-pitched, fake voice that can rival hers. "Unfortunately, stupidity is not a crime so you're free to go!" My claws extend with the fuming force of my temper from the insults to my mate. 

"I hate you." Alessandra's gaze burns holes at the back of my head and I can imagine her with wide eyes. I can tell she hasn't moved from her previous spot either which pisses me off a bit more.

Jeremy snorts as soon as those words leave her mouth, attempting to control his laughter so he can form a comprehensible sentence. "A good place to put your thoughts and opinions is up your plastic or witchy voodoo covered, bipolar ass."

"Fuck you all!" She shrieks, stomping to the door before swinging it open. "Just you wait! Karma's a bitch! I'll make sure my future husband kills you all!"

"Please escort her to a ditch far from here, where she can continue being a bitch to someone else. And tell her I feel bad for whoever this future husband of hers will be." I request and Jeremy finally explodes into chuckles, dragging her, kicking and screaming, out of my house and then territory. I finally exhale in relief at the turn of events in one evening. Now it's time to go back to moping around.

...Unknown POV

I have to complete my job. I need to. If I don't, I'm not sure what will happen but what I do know for sure, is that my mate will definitely never forgive my past actions with his enemy. I need redemption. Loneliness doesn't suit me. I glance down at the files in my trembling hands. 

I have to murder the man I love.

Name: Alpha Lucas

Gender: Male
Date of Birth: January 1, 1998
Species: Werewolf
Pack/coven/horde: Blood Moon Pack
Strengths: Hand-to-hand combat, wolf-to-wolf combat, hand-to-wolf combat, raw strength, Alpha dominance, Pack unity and skills, inherited divine power
Weaknesses: Mate-> Melanie, daughter of late Alpha Colton

Mission: To make him watch everything crumble. His pack. His family. His mate. Then himself.

Ayy another update. I've been sticking to Lucas' POV more these days since it's a part of the plot and his perspective is more important at the moment. All y'all need to know is that Melanie is spending time with Caine.

Who do you think was the unknown person?
I lowkey think it's too obvious since they're are only a handful of people with a thing against our homeboy here.

Any suggestions on anything?-->

QOTD- What's your favorite animal?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 8.1K 6
They say that Alpha-blood pups born under a full moon are destined for greatness. That males born will have all the strength the goddess can bestow...
1.9K 161 29
As the Goddess of Ghosts, Melinoรซ struggled to make friends growing up that weren't already dead. Melinoรซ, the only child of Hades and Persephone, th...
107K 4.5K 30
Athena, a ruthless werewolf assassin who doesn't believe in mates is sent out to do a special mission by her father, Alpha Odysseus who was cursed by...
4.1K 189 26
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...