Normal Isn't In My Dictionary...

Von MyoneG

{Book 1 & 2 of the Redfield Series} Definition of normal; Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expe... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Twenty-Nine

401 13 0
Von MyoneG

In that moment that I walked through the door, I knew I would be attacked with questions and lectures but to my slight surprise, it wasn't how I expected it to be, in fact, nothing like what I was expecting, this was worse.

"Your back?" Adam gasped. Three more boys looked me up and down surprised aswell. I raised an eyebrow.

"What did you think? I was going to vanish?" I mocked through my tears, giving a small laugh. They all looked awkward and scratched the back of their necks.

"Sort of, Yeah." Peter said casually, I gave him a death glare, but he didn't retort anything.

"Eliza, we really need to talk to you." James said worried. My face dropped even lower, if that was possible. I could not feel worse.

"Right now?" I moaned tilting my head back. They nodded and disappeared into the dining room, not the living room..this must be serious! I laughed in my head. I cheered myself up a bit. 

But with their attitude, I bet they were going to ruin it. I took a seat at one on the tables slouching in my chair and fiddling with the mahogany wood on the table. Four pairs of eyes landed on my hands. I gave them a bored look and they confided that I was in a bad mood and continued.

"Your not going to be happy." Peter told me.

"Trust me, it can't get any worse." I whispered under my breath. They all stayed silent.

"Wait, where's your little friend?" James asked, looking around like a complete doofus. I gripped the table slightly, and to my surprise I hadn't realised I was using my power and a chunk snapped off. I gently put it on the table, nervously expecting to be moaned at.

"Dante." I hissed, they narrowed their eyes at me. I didn't expect any less.

"We will discuss this afterwards."James said emotionless."This Is more important."

"If she doesn't faint." Peter mumbled, I shot him a glare.

"Eliza listen, when is your birthday?" Adam asked seriously.

"Why?" I looked up to see if they were like messing around but they all had serious faces on.

"23rd August." I told them, shrugging it off, isn't for weeks why would they care? Their faces went flat.

"Fuck. Peter you were right." Ryan said, grabbing his head with his hands.

Peter scoffed "When am I wrong?"

"No comment." James said nonchalantly .

"Eliza," Adam sighed "Today is the 23rd August."

So, it was my birthday? I wasn't excited. In fact I was sad. I was sad that I couldn't even remember my own birthday, I was sad, that it was the first birthday my parents weren't here for, hell, I was sad that I didn't get presents, but what made it worse, I practically made a deal with the devil, on my fucking birthday!

"Worst birthday ever!" I said dragging out 'ever' I stood up ready to leave the table.

"What are you doing?" James questioned

"Going to bed.." I said like it was obvious.

"We are not finished."Adam stated. Oh. I thought, I slouched back down into my wooden seat and sighed waiting for them to continue. Of course it wouldn't be finished.

"Listen, this is going to get complicated." Adam said waiting for my nod to agree. I nodded.

"In our world that you are part of, between the ages of 16 and 18 your what we call 'of age'..." Adam said watching me the whole time, I frowned, and he continued.

"being 'of age' means that your are eligible to become a vampire. It's like traditional, or something, but it's how it works, in some cases, in fact in most cases, it's up to fate."

"Fate, I'm lost?" I told them.

"Ok," Ryan cut in, massaging his temples "Basically any time from now and up to when your 18, fate has ultimate control over you."

I stared at them confused still.

"Right, basically your body could activate randomly at any time." Peter growled at me, like I was a total idiot.

"What?" I gasped. " So-So any time until I'm 18, I could just randomly turn into a vampire!" I screamed.

"Yes, alert the whole fricking neighbourhood why don't you." Peter mocked

"It's a bit more complicated than that, the pain itself won't actually turn you into a vampire, the pain will become even more unbearable, and eventually you will have to drink vampire blood to make it stop otherwise, you'll either die, or be put into a permanent coma." Adam explained, was that meant to make me feel better? Because if it was, he was doing a terrible job of it.

"There's a chance it might not happen." James cut in, trying to soothe me.

"I stand by my statement, this is the worse birthday ever." I said glumly.

Ryan, Adam and James gave weak laughs, Peter rolled his eyes. Oh my god! I felt faint. I started to hyperventilate, kind of, it felt like it.

"Is that what happened to you all?" I asked quietly, making sure no more tears escaped. Three pairs of eyes fell on one pair... Peter.

I looked over to him waiting for some kind of answer.

"Peter was the only one out of us four to go through it." James explained.

"Yeah, and it was the worst experience of my life." Peter said dully, he grimaced of the memory.

"That bad?" I squeaked out scared.

"Eliza! There's a chance it won't happen!" Adam burst out. I shot him a glare, just cause it didn't happen to him. I took deep breaths.

"Don't dwell on it." Ryan brushed his hand in the air ushering the topic away. I closed my eyes, trying to think of rainbows and unicorns, happy things. How could I not dwell on it? I could become a vampire at any time, I wouldn't even know when!

"Ok, you can tell us your story now, where's your little friend?" James asked raising an eyebrow.

"Stupid Vampire has him," I whispered "a 'deposit'" I mimicked, mocking what Dante had said. They hissed under their breaths.

"Why does Dante have him, a deposit for what?" Adam pressed, hasnt he heard that curiosity killed the cat. I stayed quiet.

"What did you do?" James asked angrily.

"I don't know! Some stupid deal." I spat, remembering what he had said,'you do whatever I say, whenever I say...' what a Bastard!

"What was the deal?!" Adam asked exasperated. I started to wish I wasn't here and not in a crazy vampire world.

"Nothing important." I mumbled, standing up determined to get some sleep. Then the worst thing I ever heard yelled.

"ELIZABETH REDFIELD YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Just for that split second, I heard my fathers voice in place, a small tear slid down my cheek and I paused in my place back towards them. They used my full name, just as Dante used it earlier, it was snarled and vicious, like an animal, I didn't turn around but I replied in a low growl.

"Don't you dare act like your my father...Adam"

Then it was all silent, and to think that I had school in less than six hours, jeez, was there any point of getting sleep? I stormed into the kitchen and secretly sobbed, eating some potato chips out of the bag on the kitchen counter.

The door slowly creaked open and James peeked in alone closing the door behind him. I looked up at him and continued to much on my chips.

"We only want to look after you, after all, your one of the only humans left in our family." James pointed out, was that meant to make me feel better?

"Yeah? Adam's a jerk!" I said through my mouth of chips. James cracked a smile.

"You might not know this but we're only keeping the promise we made to your parents." James explained, I tilted my head up to him.

"You didn't even know me." I stated confused.

"So? What did that matter?" James shrugged

"I could have been a delinquent." I said pointing my finger at him, he gave me a 'could've! You are a delinquent'

"Well, you still would have been family."

"this has got to be the cheesiest conversation I have ever had." I laughed, almost spitting out all the food in my mouth. James rolled his eyes.

"Back in my day-" he started, but I cut him off, having this secret celebratory dance.

"Oh My God! You said it! You actually said it!" I exclaimed all excited. James stared at me like I was crazy.

"said what?" he asked bewildered.

"back in my day..." I mocked, he scowled at me, I giggled showing all the food in my mouth.

"As I was saying, before I was interrupted by an immature little girl." he gave me a glare "Back in my day, family counted for something."

"Still does." I corrected, gulping the mouthful of food.James smiled his early White teeth and sat himself on the opposite marble counter.

"Well, I think it's fair to say Happy Birthday." James laughed, I giggled, I wouldn't have even known it was my birthday, is that what my life is going to be like from now on?

"Thanks." I replied. Hopping off the counter and gave him a hig, he froze for a moment and hugged me back, this was it, no matter how much I complained or moaned, this was what I had, my life, my family, and I know we would do anything for each other.

"Yep, you hit the big sixteen, sorry you didn't get a party or anything." he mumbled, but I didn't care, I removed myself from the embrace.

"Doesn't matter. What did you do for your 'sweet sixteen'" I said doing the air quotes. James stopped and thought about this.

"It would have been 1887, May 13. Nothing exciting, it was just another year back then, you wouldn't hold A party for just that, but I do remember me and Ryan stealing a boat ." James explained having a distant memory, "those were the days." he added at the end.

My face went from confusion to shock horror.

"e-e-eighteen, e-eighty s-s-seven!" I screeched, I put my hand to my head, calm down Eliza I thought, do not faint....thankfully I didn't.

"Yeah, I'm the third child, Ryan being the youngest." he shrugged, my eyes kept blinking rapidly, woah! They are old!

"Anyway, you better go up missy, you have school in a few hours." James said, directing me out of the kitchen. I nodded in agreement.

I walked upstairs and slumped onto my bed, was there even any point in sleeping, I got changed out of the stupid outfit I was still wearing and got into something more comfortable.

I never thought that I could be happy after what happened tonight, but honestly snuggling into bed made me forget everything and sleep welcomed me easily, in fact I don't even remember slipping into bed it was soft and warm and suddenly I was asleep, wonderful.

---------------------------------------------

So a small bit of drama there, oh...fate! Exciting, they are quite old right? Hehe.

Well, next chapter is Eliza's first day her new school, after putting it off for various reasons, Eliza finally getting to grip her life, and then etc. Hope to update soon :) yay!

Writing, Reading, Doughnuts.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.4K 48 25
1st Book of the "Different" Series Angelina Red-Kindom was a "normal" girl, if it weren't for her demise of her older brother and her parents' divorc...
324 37 34
When she was born her mother knew she wasn't normal. Her mother's family itself wasn't normal. She feared that her beloved daughter carried the gene...
Crimson Love Von Luna

Vampirgeschichten

2.9K 158 25
[COMPLETED] Elizabeth, aka Ellie, is what most would describe as a "normal" girl. She has a family, she has friends, and even some enemies, and she g...
128 2 22
Reagan is just a normal girl with normal friends with a normal life. But little does she know that her town has vampires and werewolves.