Drarry One-Shots ✔

By LJMaki

This is a compilation of all the Drarry one shots I have written, because they have been cluttering up my pro... More

Just One More
Facing What I Hid
Obssessed
Lovegood Prophecies
Stupid Malfoy Mouth
How It Should've Ended
When I Was Your Age
Stupid Bloody Chicken
Spare Him

I Heard You

903 37 7
By LJMaki

Sodding Potter was in the damned hospital wing, again.

What did he do this time?!

Draco wondered as he walked down to the Great Hall. His question was answered when he overheard students conversing:

"Harry Potter fell into a coma from poisoning."

Draco's face paled but he kept going. He had to remember not to let anyone see how much he actually cared about Potter.

Only Pansy knew and she found out by catching him in an unlucky nightmare where Potter died to Voldemort and Draco might have screamed and cried a little. Fine fine he'll admit, a lot.

He sneered his usual sneer and he entered the Great Hall and took his seat next to Pansy, cutting her short from saying 'hi' with a question:

"What the fuck did Harry do?"

Pansy smirked an all knowing smirk and Draco felt his cheeks burn but he still looked at her pleadingly hoping to get an answer.

"Well, your little lover boy got poisoned by some strong poison and now he's in a coma."

Draco growled at how Pansy adressed Harry but said nothing more and he stood up:

"I'll go visit him, see you in class Pansy."

With that he walked out and toward the hospital wing, entering to see if there was anyone there, seeing noone he freely walked up to Harry's bed.

The boy was sickly pale but beautiful none the less. Draco sat next to the bed and sighed before speaking:

"Hi Harry. I hope you'll wake up soon, I'm really worried about you. There's so many things I wanna say to your face, but I just can't. I suppose I can now, even though you can't hear me. Well first off, I don't hate you, not at all, quite the opposite actually. I really love you Harry, and it breaks me when I have to insult you or your friends, but I have to because of my father and keeping up the Malfoy name reputation."

Draco stopped talking for a moment to take a breath and he observed Harry's chest slowly rising and falling rhytmically. It brought him peace that the boy was alive and was going to be okay.

"I really want to apologise to Granger and Weasley for how cruel I've been to them and to you too, so I guess I'll do it now, since I don't think I'll get another chance."

Another breath.

"I'm really so sorry Harry, for every mean word I've told you, for all the teasing and all the bullying, I'm so damn sorry and I want you to know so bad and even though you can't hear me now, I wanted to say it. I have to head to class now though Harry, I'll visit you again soon. Bye love."

Draco whispered and walked out to his class, feeling a ton better, as if a weight had been lifted off from his chest.

Back in the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey stood with a pleased, kind smile on her lips:

"I can't wait for you to wake up, Mr.Potter."

~

That night, a certain blonde boy snuck in the hospital wing to visit a raven haired patient.

He sat next to the bed once again and this time, sure noone would see him, he grabbed Harry's hand tightly.

"Hi Harry, I've come back to visit as I said I would. I hope you're closer to waking up even if it means we'll be back to being enemies. I really don't want that to happen but I s'pose it's how it has to be. I kind of miss looking at your pretty eyes already, because damn those things are green."

Draco smiled sheepishly remembering Harry's eyes.

"The things with Voldemort haven't been the best, trust me, I would know. The guy basically lives in my house! Anyways, he's been getting stronger so you better wake up, Chosen One, so you can save our asses."

He joked lightly, observing Harry's unvoming features. He looked so peaceful and Draco could just lean in a little and...

Suddenly there was a sound behind him and he turned, squeezing Harry's hand tighter on instict, feeling more grounded that way.

"W-who's there?" His voice cracked and he bit his lip awaiting the answer.

"Hermione Granger. Malfoy? What are you doing here at this hour?" The bushy haired spoke quietly.

Draco paled and felt a lump clump itself in his throat as he had absolutely no idea how to answer her.

"Well I..uh...I..um..." He stammered, trying to think up of an excuse before her voice cut him off once again:

"Why are you holding Harry's hand?"

Fuck.

"I..." Draco trailed off again, dropping Harry's hand and slumping in his chair, looking down.

Hermione summoned a chair and sat next to Draco, her harsh expression softening:

"It's okay. I understand." She spoke softly and Draco bit his lip:

"Do you really? Do you have to hurt the one you love every day?"

The girl was silent for a moment:

"No I don't. But I understand how you must feel right now."

Draco nodded stiffly, seeing her point as she loved Harry dearly as a friend so she somewhat understood his worry.

He was silent and just observed Harry sadly before he felt Granger loop her arm through his.

"I can tell you really love him."

She whispered with a small smile and Draco looked at her:

"How?" He asked her.

"You look at him as if he's your only source of life. That is, when you're not worried about upholding your reputation around others."

The girl explained her observation then quickly added:

"It's sweet."

Draco felt blood rush to his cheeks and he dropped his gaze to Harry again, drinking in the other's features.

Before he even knew it, a breath sounded from his lips:

"Beautiful.."

Hermione smiled softly but chose not to comment on it.

"I'm sorry Granger...for bullying you and Weasley and especially Harry."

Draco decided this was his chance to apologise. The brown haired girl nodded with forgiving eyes:

"I forgive you. Ron will be harder to convince, but I'll get him there."

Draco smiled gratefully and she continued speaking:

"If you must keep up your reputation, then please refrain from using 'Mudblood' and 'Blood Traitor' as insults."

Draco's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head:

"I wouldn't dream of it, Merlin those are such disgusting words I am so sorry truly for ever saying them to you two!"

He whisper-yelled in a panic and Hermione laughed quietly at him freaking out:

"As I said, I forgive you Draco, Ron will too, he has no choice anyways."

Draco quietly chuckled and after another hour or so, they both left the infirmary.

~

Days passed and Draco and Hermione grew closer by meeting at night in the infirmary to visit Harry.

This night was no different, they met up next to Harry's bed as usual.

"Hey Mione. How have you been?"

He asked her casually. They had realised they had more in common than thought and became pretty good friends.

"I've been doing good. Say Dray, have you been getting enough sleep, you have pretty dark bags under your eyes."

Hermione asked with furrowed eyebrows, worried about him.

Draco bit his lip and shook his head lightly:

"Well I'm just worried about him is all."

Hermione smiled symphatetically:

"I am too but please rest properly. I talked to Madam Pomfrey today and she said he will surely be waking up in a day or two."

Hermione delievered the good news and smiled widely. Draco's eyes snapped up to her face in that moment and before he could think, he hugged her tightly:

"Oh thank Merlin!"

He whisper yelled, full of relief and Hermione chuckled lightly before hugging him too.

"Yeah I'm really relieved and happy too Dray."

She told him when they pulled back. But Draco's hapiness didn't last long, and he sighed sadly.

"What's wrong Dray?"

Her eyebrows knitted together, wondering what bothered him so much now.

"I don't want to go back to being his enemy. I don't want to bully him any more, I want to kiss him and hold his hand and I can't stand it anymore Hermione!"

Draco spoke brokenly, a few tears spilling from his eyes. Hermione grabbed his hand and spoke quickly:

"Hey Dray, Dray! You don't have to do that. Make friends with him in secret like you did with me. Work your way from there. Please don't tear yourself up over it."

She comforted him and hoped he wouldn't hurt himself emotionally over the matter.

~

The next morning, Draco Malfoy was never to be seen in the Great Hall or classes and only two people seemed to know where he was.

Hermione Granger and Pansy Parkinson.

And they both tried their goddamned best to keep people out of the hospital wing the entire day.

Casting every healing charm they knew.

Making up plenty of excuses.

At one point, the girls got tired so Hermione walked to the Gryffindor dorms to get Harry's invisibility cloak to give to Draco so he could hide if someone was to walk in and see him fussing over Potter.

"Dammit Dray, me and Pansy have been keeping people out of here for the entire day, here, take this to hide if need be."

"Thank you Mione."

Draco thanked her and draped the cloak over himself and Hermione just smiled and nodded, adding in one last bit of information:

"He should be waking up today, I'm glad youre the first person he'll see."

She said with a smile and left a very beaming Draco holding Harry's hand, awaiting for the raven to open his eyes.

~

It had been an hour when Harry stirred and Draco's heart stopped.

He was waking up!

Oh God...Oh God...

Harry's eyes slowly fluterred open and Draco finally got to see the beautiful green he longed to see for the past few weeks.

The blonde just stared at Harry as he tried to open his eyes fully and comprehend his situation. Suddenly Harry jumped up, eyes wide, yelling:

"DRACO MALFOY?! I NEED TO TALK TO HIM!"

He looked frantically around the room and Draco put his hands on Harry's shoulders quickly:

"Harry, Harry, it's me, it's Malfoy. I'm here."

Harry looked up at him and he seemed to have calmed down some. Suddenly he brought his arm up, gripped Draco's tie and pulled him in for a fierce kiss.

Draco's eyes shot wide open before he gave in to his wishes and he kissed back, closing his eyes.

When they pulled away Harry whispered:

"I love you too Dray."

Draco fell back on his chair, gripping his beating heart. Harry smiled fondly at the blonde and continued:

"And I heard every single word you said."

Draco's mouth fell open and cheeks burned:

"Well...uhm...give me a moment to re-recover Harry..."

Harry laughed:

"Sure Dray."

After that moment of recovering had passed and Draco felt like he wasn't about to fall apart, he spoke again with a grin:

"So you heard me huh?"

Harry nodded with a dorky smile

"I heard you."

Madame Pomfrey then walked over to them and told them the truth:

"I knew Mr.Potter could hear you Mr.Malfoy, I just didn't want to tell you in order for you boys to work it out, and I always believed you'd make a lovely couple."

Draco's looked fake hurt for a second:

"How dare you not tell me?"

He grinned at the old nurse whom laughed at his joke. She then left to attend to some other business, leaving them alone once again.

They sat in silence for a few moments, enjoying each other's company in peace until Harry spoke:

"Thank you for notifying about Voldemort. Keeping me up to date."

He grinned while talking which made Draco smile involuntarily.

"No problem."

"Say, am I really worth all of those tears Draco?"

Draco blushed and replied:

"To me, yeah you are."

Harry nodded with a shy smile.

"I never, in my life, have I ever thought I would live to see the day Draco Malfoy stuttered."

Harry kept teasing and Draco rolled his eyes:

"Well Mione caught me off guard and I didn't prepare an excuse beforehand. And I liked holding your hand more than I cared if she found out."

Harry seemed suprised at the use of the nickname but he went with it, happy his friend had accepted Draco as her own.

Both of them then just kept talking and getting to know each other better, enjoying themselves.

~

It wasn't long after Ron and Hermione were bursting into the hospital wing, both having heard Harry had woken up.

The sight there was incredibly shocking, to Ron at least.

Draco Malfloy was kissing Harry Potter.

They were kissing.

Ron had malfunctioned when his eyes registered what was hapenning in front of them. He tuned to check on Hermione, only to see her smiling and incredibly happy while he was having a mental breakdown over how the bloody hell did that happen.

When the boys pulled away and noticed they had an audience they both blushed but burst out laughing when they saw Ron's terrified and confused face.

"H-how..w-when..wh-what.."

The red head muttered breathily still unsure of how to even live after what he'd just seen.

"Congratulations Dray, there was no need for crying after all." Hermione spoke proudly and Ron was sure he'd have a stroke and a heart attack at the same time.

"Shut up Granger..." Draco blushed and spoke lightly causing a small laugh to escape Hermione's mouth.

"EVERYBODY STOP THINKING, SPEAKING, MOVING AND BREATHING NOW!"

Ron suddenly screamed startling them all into silence.

"OKAY SO, HARRY AND MALFOY ARE TOGETHER, HERMIONE AND MALFOY ARE FRIENDS AND I'M THE ONLY ONE NOONE CARED ENOUGH TO NOTIFY!"

He yelled once again, causing a loud wave of laughter to erupt from the other three.

"That's about right Weasley."

Draco confirmed and Ron looked incredibly hurt. Like a kicked puppy.

"Sorry mate, but you should have noticed the signs..."

Harry trailed off and Draco raised an curious eyebrow at him. Hermione stepped in then:

"I'll show you Dray."

Hermione said and pulled out a crumpled piece of parchment from her pocket that she took with her to show Draco today.

Harry paled:

"NO WAIT NONO!"

He flailed his arms trying to get the list from Hermione but to no avail, she passed it to Draco.

The blonde opened it and started reading. In chicken scrawly handwriting it said:

'DLM ♡'

All over the page and Draco couldn't help but smile wide and coo a little at it. Harry however, was hiding in his pillow, his face beet red.

Ron on the other hand had managed to collect himself by now and he spoke:

"Ok I have a few things to say:

1. Malfoy I'm disappointed it took you this long to ask him out, it was getting ridicilously obvious.

2. Draco, should Harry ever come crying to us about you, expect your nose to be like The Dark Lord's. Non-existent."

Draco nodded quickly before cracking up at the last sentence that left Ron's mouth.

It was a good day indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 9.7K 20
Some headcanons and oneshots regarding Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy (Drarry).
561K 14.1K 54
Hi! This is a book full of fluffy Drarry one shots! (I've got you, my fellow shippers!) Enjoy!
313 18 12
Here's to my very first writing experience. This one's a set of Drarry one shots starting from 20th December to 1st January for the last week before...
37.7K 711 12
a series of oneshots in which there is a never ending amount of opportunities for harry to get kissed or... well, you'll find out on your own. i take...