Dealing with Delta (on hold)

By dollz007

Seeing the most important woman in your life break into pieces over the years take a toll on you. While this... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 6

83 8 8
By dollz007

"I was surprised she didn't lash out at Xavier, though that wouldn't have gone down well for her." I explain to Jasmine. I had her on FaceTime since Xavier wanted to talk to her.

"Xavier apologised. And there was this waiter that kept whispering something to her, I think that had to be why she didn't say anything." Jasmine looks deep in thought, then she says,

"Maybe he told her who you are, that's why she backed down". I hum.

"Maybe. Anyways I have to get things ready for tonight's event, I'll talk to you soon. Say bye to mummy Xavier." I put him in my lap. 

After disconnecting the call, I remember I need to call mum.

I call her twice but she doesn't answer. 

'Hi mum, I'm assuming you are busy since you didn't answer. I'm sorry I forgot to call yesterday, it was a busy day with work and Xavier. I'll be attending a charity event tonight, so I'll call you once I'm home xx.'

It's 1:00pm right now. I have to be there by 6:00 and it's only a 20 minute drive. I'll take about an hour and a half to get ready. I have two hours to spare, shall I work or sleep? I have to put Xavier down for a nap so I shall take a nap with him. I'll set the alarm for 3:30pm.

-----

Black or emerald green. I guess black is something many women would wear tonight. Emerald green it is. The white Gucci gown fits snugly on my body, with Louboutin emerald green stilettos and white diamond earrings. I got my hair put up in an elegant bun. I get my little man in his tux and gel up his hair.

Let's be honest these so called charity events are just another thing where women try to dress better than the others and try to show up with a hot date.

5:35pm. That's good we're on time. I grab my white clutch and we head off to the car. 

The paparazzi here is controlled and sophisticated since it's a cancer foundation charity event. But the security is holding some off which I guess just showed up without an invite. They take photos, I shield Xavier from their bright flashes. I hear the reporters firing off questions. 

"Who's your date Ms. Swanson?"

"Is that your son Ms. Swanson?" and so on.

Once inside we get I grab a champagne from a nearby waiter. I need this so bad. 

I find the Pynes' coming towards me. I greet Minister Pyne with a firm handshake and I turn to Mrs. Py- I mean Carolyn, we give each other a kiss on the cheek. 

"It's nice to see you again Carolyn. How are the kids?" I ask with Xavier clinging to my legs.

"It's nice to see you, it's been too long. The kids are doing great though they weren't happy about not being able to see you". Their kids are actually pretty cool and we get along like siblings. 

"And who might this little handsome man be?" She asks bending down and looking at Xavier. 

He hugs her and whispers "I'm Xavier". I'm surprised he warmed up to her so quick, usually he shies away. 

She laughs and picks him up. 

"Auntie look, she's nice like grawma!" 

"Yes baby, she is". 

"I hope you brought your check-book Minister Pyne." I turn to see him grinning.

"Please Delta, it's Chris outside the office." I nod. 

"But yes, why are you planning to outbid me  my dear?" 

" Maybe". I smirk.

"Ladies and gentlemen, kindly take your seats. We will be commencing shortly". 

All of tonight's funds are going to cancer research and treatment. There's plenty of things getting auctioned, there's jewellery and then the typical win dates with the hot AFL players. I'll just stick to jewellery and I'll just send them an extra check of my donation. I think there is dinner, then some socialising and finally the auction.

I take a seat next to the Pynes and seat  Xavier between Carolyn and I. I get another glass of champagne and we eat. I try to feed Xavier but he fusses a little. 

"Want me to feed him, my youngest is 10 I haven't been able to do this for a while. I'd love to do it". I nod and smile.

-------

After dinner, I have to pick Xavier up since he is getting anxious around so many people. I struggle a little since I'm dressed up. I walk around and talk to a few of my business associates and Chris introduces me to a few people. 

"Bathwoon auntie." Before I can say anything, Carolyn takes him from me.

"I got it, you guys do your business talk." I send her a small smile.

The waiteress comes around and we all grab a glass of wine. I keep looking towards the bathroom waiting for them to come back.

"Delta my dear, they are fine. Come with me I want to introduce you to our biggest sponsor tonight Xander Moretti". We start walking but I hear a panicked Carolyn carrying a pale Xavier towards me. 

I take him from her. "He puked a little and has a mild fever".

"Don't worry about this event, you take him home. You can always send your check tomorrow if that's what you're worried about". I was worried about that.

We say our goodbyes and I text Mitch. On my way out I see them. Mr. Willis and I assume his daughter. She turns around as I walk past her. Well well, it's the woman from the restaurant huh should have guessed it from the bratty behaviour.

-----

I change his clothes and put him in bed. Luckily there is some children's fever medication in his bag, thank god Jasmine prepares this shit. 

His fever should go down soon. I walk to the bathroom. I decide to run myself a bath. I get some wine and settle into the tub. Normally I wouldn't drink this much since I've always got work, but tonight I need this. It's been a while.

"It's YOUR fault! You gave me nothing, you failed as a parent." she starts crying as he points at her. 

"I'm so sorry", she apologises falling to the floor. I rush to her and hold her shaking body. 

I turn to look at him with a fire blazing in my eyes. With so much anger  I utter "No, you failed. You failed to protect her. You failed to provide for her. You failed to be there for her. You failed as a brother. But most importantly you failed to be a son." 

"You have no right to talk to her like that, she did everything she could. It's not her fault she wasn't born into a rich family, just for the convenience of giving you everything on a fucking platter". My breathing was laboured now, trying hard not to breakdown.

"Why are you defending her? You're naive. You'll realise it soon enough. He was right about h-"

I let her go, walking up to him I slap his face. "Don't you fucking dare, you are just like him. I hate you so much, more than I ever loved you." I pick her off the floor and start walking out the door.

"I wish you'd died before she gave birth to you." I  say as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"You'll never see her again. Ever"

I woke up abruptly. I close my eyes tightly and open them again. I'm still in the bathtub.I raise my hand up to my cheek and feel the wetness of my tears. 

That was the last day I saw my brother before the other day at the hospital. That was just over 3 years ago.

I feel more tears coming out and I let them. I breakdown alone once again.

--------

A/N: Aw how much of an asshole is her brother. Gosh. But at least she was with her mum. 

Poor Delta.

Vote and Comment!! See you in the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 15.1K 46
"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i heard a voice from above my head. Did i sa...
4.6K 825 10
In a world where he's never been on receiving side, she gives him everything by her love. He is hard to love, but she loves him like breathing. *** "...
1.2M 42.2K 81
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...
6.6M 238K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...