Text of Ken [Complete]

By KenPoirier

Moved my stuff from Tumlr to Wattpad in wake of recent decisions by tumblr More

On Poetry
Last Soliloquy
Dollars of Sand
Goth girl #1
Things about me
Fighting Addiction
The Working Man's Waltz
Capitalist Paradox
On Pop Culture
New Doctor Who Time and How to Deal with It (aka why show fans get so upset )
Watching Bridget Jones - The Horns Effect
Revisiting The Minority Report: A Look at Technology in Fiction
Is Harriet a Spy? A Historical Perspective
Family and God
The Times are a Chagin'
The Trial of Hank Rearden
Brainwashing
Unbiased News
On Writing
I Want to Write Better than Dick
Escape
To Query or Not To Query
Smashwords Author Interview
On Politics
Can Capitalism Be Saved in the Automation Age?
The problem with Conservatism
Class Structures of the United States
Capital Moves v. The Working Class Majority
How to Argue with an Ancap
Who Wants a Job?

Forward

11 1 0
By KenPoirier

Today is December 3rd. On the 17th tumblr.com will be removing large amounts of their content. This is very short notice. The reason for the decision can be traced to Tumblr 's app being removed from the Apple App store for content deemed "pornographic".

While this is not "censorship" by definition, it is certainly a prime example of "the chilling effect". My content doesn't meet the criteria for deletion, this types of mass change can often lead to other issues, so I thought it best to back up some of my content.

I do understand that tumblr has many issue in regards to the adult material on their site, I applaud them for trying to make a platform of free speech. It seems though that free speech is a cost too high for the world of capitalism. Any site trying to do anything similar, Gab for example, seems to be under attack at the moment. I hope that alarms people other than myself.

Transgendered My Little Pony Hentai might not be my cup of tea, but I do believe it deserve a space. If someone has put forth the time and energy to create something they call art, then that is good enough for me to accept it as such.

The most heartbreaking part of this is that so many innocuous fringe communities will be left essentially homeless on the internet. They had found a place to be open and discover each other and now that resource is gone.

Who knows the next head on the financial chopping block? Reddit? Wattpad?

As it stands, no one is safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 448 101
8.4K 174 130
Mostly pop songs, but it's worth the read
166K 4.2K 66
just some stony one shots for your souls :)
25.3K 485 21
Here are Anime One-Shots for you people of Wattpad!! (REQUESTS CURRENTLY ON HOLD) There are also Female Characters x Male Reader!! (I say that becaus...