The Arrangement | ✔️

נכתב על ידי Phunmito

Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she sti... עוד

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NOT AN UPDATE!!!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!
Bonus Chapter 1
BOOK COVERS
WINNER!!

Chapter 16

154K 5.4K 919
נכתב על ידי Phunmito

Monday was here again and I had never been so happy about going to work.

I hadn’t seen Jason since our fight on Saturday and after that weird dream I had, I could care less about him just as he could care less about me.

I got dressed and moved downstairs silently praying he wasn’t home and lucky for me, he had gone to work early so imagine the happy dance I did in my head.

“Good morning ma’am.” Jane said looking up from the food she was preparing.

“Jane! It’s so nice to see you again.” I said walking up to hug her tightly which seemed to take her by surprise.

“Same here ma’am. How was the weekend?”

“Good but I wish you were here. The house got boring pretty fast.”

“Oh–but I thought Mr Anderson was back?”

“He is but let’s just say he’s not really my biggest fan right now.”

“Oh–okay then.” She said smiling a little.

“Oh Jane? Could you call me Kayla. I really like it when my friends call me that.” I said giving her a genuine smile.

“Okay ma–sorry Kayla.”

A knock from the door interrupted us and we turned to see Nathan at the door with his signature look and glasses.

“Good morning Mrs Anderson. I’m here to pick you up for work are you ready?”

I was about to call him out for the name but I remembered he was right.

That was my name.

“Nice to see you too Nathan.” I said rolling my eyes, “I’ll be down in five.”

“Okay ma’am.” He said and turned to walk away.

“How do you deal with him? The man has like no ability to have facial expressions.” Jane said.

“You get used to it.” I answered with a light chuckle. “I’m going to be getting groceries today so don’t bother about it.”

“But that’s my duty.” She said with a slight frown.

“It’s mine now.” I said smiling at her.

“I know. It’s just weird that I’m gonna stop. I’ve been doing for a while so I’m kinda used to it.”

“Well now that I’m here I’d like for you to focus more on school although I’ll miss your food, you still need to go to school.”

“I’ll still come over. You’re not getting rid of me easily.”

“Didn’t plan to.” I sad with a wink.

“Now let me get going before I’m late to work.” I said standing up

“Here, I packed you some breakfast.” She said stretching out a small bag towards me.

“I swear I love you Jane.” I said going around to hug her before I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door.

“Have a nice day Kayla.” She called out after me.

“You too Jane.”

I walked out of the door to see Nathan standing by it and he opened it as soon as I walked close to him.

“Hey there Leonard. How are you?”
I asked as soon as I got in.

“Hello Mrs Anderson. It’s been a while.” He said with his charming smile that I’m sure used to win girls over when he was much younger.

“It’s been a week Leonard but I must say I’ve missed you.”

“Me too madam. I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon week.”

“Yeah.” I said in an uncertain voice.

We settled in an uncomfortable silence until we reached my place of work.

“I’ll be going to get groceries today so please come pick me up on time.”

“No problem ma’am.”

Nathan opened the door and I thanked him silently until he reached forward to carry my bag.

“Oh you don’t need to do that.”

“But I insist.”

“No thank you Nathan. I’ve got it from here.” I said and walked into my office but I soon realized he was following me.

“What are you doing?” I asked giving him a weary look.

“I was given strict orders to be with you at all times.” He said in a straight voice.

“By whom exactly?” I asked already knowing who he would say.

“Mr Anderson.”

“Well go back and tell Mr Anderson that I don’t need you following me like I’m a five year old.”

“But ma—”

“Go now or you’re not going to like what I’ll do.” I said giving him a stern look.

“Yes ma’am.” He said and turned to walk away while I just gave him a small smile. He was definitely something.

“Kayla!” I heard a loud voice shout from behind me and before I could register the voice or turn to the person, I was swallowed by two huge arms and my brain registered the scent as Ted’s.

“Hey Teddy.” I said hugging him back.

“Oh I’ve missed you so much.” He gushed as he released me from his tight embrace.

“Oh come on Teddy. It was just a week, you were gone for three.” I said rolling my eyes at how dramatic he was.

“At least I called most times. I haven’t spoken to you since forever.”

“Again Teddy, just a week. And I’m sorry I didn’t call, I just had a lot to deal with.” I said with tired sigh and just like he knew what was up, he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me towards my office but I didn’t miss the greetings that I got from people around. I guess there were perks of being married to a rich man.

I wasn't giving you all my money, my brother or Jason so back off people!

“Okay now spill.” Ted said as soon as we were seated in the small confine of my office.

“Don’t you have work to do?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Not until you speak, now spill!” He said eagerly and I knew he wasn’t gonna drop it anytime soon.

“Well my asshole of a husband decided to leave me a day after the wedding to go to France but not without telling me to stay the hell away from him the night of our wedding. Oh! And did I mention that he called me stupid and irresponsible because I got drunk on the account that I was in a failed marriage? Yeah–thats sums it all up.” I said and let out a loud sigh and when I looked at him, he had a bewildered look but it soon turned to anger.

“How dare he!?” He said getting up angrily and slamming his hands 9n my table.

“Woah there Hulk! Take it easy,he didn’t hurt me physically so we’re good.”

“If he did that he probably wouldn’t be alive at this moment.” He said and I knew he wasn’t joking.

Ted was my other best friend apart from Cami and Tony of course even though we just met two years ago. He always had my back and I couldn’t help but wonder how Dray would act of I told him how Jason had been to me.

“It’s alright Ted. I’m not letting him get to me anymore.”

“It’s not okay. He’s an asshole and he deserved to be punished for treating you like a piece of shit. I’m already not his biggest fan.” He said with a frown which caused me to laugh a little.

“You’re not the first person in that group. There’s me and then there’s Cami, you come next.” I said giving him a light smile, “I’m fine really.”

“I hope you are.” He said eyeing me suspiciously and I just rolled my eyes at him, “You should come over this weekend, Amy and Julian really miss you.”

“You mean you miss me?” I said wriggling my eyebrows at him.

“Whatever just make sure you come, I have to get to work now. See you later sunshine.”

“Thanks for stopping by Teddy.”

I didn’t have much to do since I completed my work last night so I just scrolled through the scripts again and let time pass on its own.

I was close to rounding up when I heard a knock on my door and I raised my head up to see Nathan.

“You know when I said you should come and pick me up early,I didn’t mean this early.” I said giving him a confused stare.

“Mr Anderson summoned for you.”

“Why?” I asked suddenly getting pissed because he hadn’t said a word to me on days and the word 'summoned' sounded like I was being called for trial.

“He said its important you come to his office now.”

“Ugh fine! I’ll be out in a bit.” I said packing up my stuffs.

I closed my door and walked to to tell Teddy I would be leaving early and he replied a quick goodbye because he was busy.

I got outside and was about to enter the car when I heard an all to familiar voice.

“Kayla?” the voice called and I froze in my tracks silently praying it wasn’t who I thought it was.

“Is that really you?” He asked again and as soon as I turned around, I regretted it instantly.

It was him.

“Hello Tony.” I said in a voice that was too calm for me. I knew I would see him eventually but I wasn’t ready to face him yet. The memory was still fresh in my mind.

“It really is you.” He said and moved to wrap me in a tight hug and I just stood frozen. I didn’t know what to do.

He soon realized my discomfort and released me.

“Oh–I’m so sorry. It’s just that I’m so happy to see you.” He said with an all to familiar smile that made me fall in love with him.

He had let his hair grow from the buzz cut to a length that was almost reaching his shoulder and he seemed to have gotten an inch taller. He had a three o’clock stubble which made his jaw more prominent and his green eyes, Damn! Those green eyes were brighter than how I remembered them to be.

This was my Tony.

The Tony I fell in love with.

My first love.

And my first heartbreak.

I missed him so much and I longed to wrap my arms around him and feel his soft kissed on my lips but I couldn’t.

I couldn’t because I was married to an asshole who was nothing like Tony.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him while trying to look calm even though I was freaking out inside of me.

“I was looking for you.” He said calmly.

“Me? Why?”

“I really need to talk to you. I’m sorry about how I treated you and I want you to know that I still love you.” He said and I suddenly had the urge to cry.

I was soon reminded of Nathan standing beside me and the impatient look he was giving me told me I needed to leave soon.

“Look Tony. I’m sorry but I have somewhere to be. I’ll talk to you some other time I guess.” I said and quickly got into the car even though I knew there was o way he could talk to me. I needed to leave him though because I didn't know what I could do with him around.

Throughout the ride to Jason’s office,I kept thinking about Tony and how much I missed him but he was a week late already. I was married.

As soon as I got to his office, I took the elevator straight to his office and once I was on his floor, I saw him shouting at Jade and I pitied her immediately.

His gaze soon turned towards me and his anger was suddenly directed at me.

“Where the hell have you been!?” he asked angrily but I wasn’t in the mood for his tantrums.

“Work you idiot! So stop screaming at me.” I said and my eyes widened as soon as I realized what I said.

He looked taken aback but didn’t say anything, instead he chose to insult me again.

“I asked for you to be here for an important meeting but you decided to be selfish, childish and irresponsible again by coming at your own will. Do you have any idea what your stupidity just caused me? Twenty million dollars just because you couldn’t do one fucking thing. How could you be so stupid?”

I don’t know what happened but something in me snapped and I slapped him.

That action surprise him, myself and everyone on the floor who was looking at our little banter.

"What did you just do?" He asked in a dangerously low tone but I wasn't in the caring mood.

"Oh Einstein I just fucking slapped you." I said with a smug look.

I didn't know where this was coming from but Jason sure brought out the worst in me.

“I fucking told you to never call me stupid ever again. Why the hell are you blaming me!? None of this would have happened if you had just spoken to me about it but as usual you’re being an asshole and blaming your failure and incompetence on me. I’m sick and tired of you and I you know what? I fucking hate you! I hate You Jason and I regret getting married to you!” I screamed at him and turned to walk away.

I didn’t care if the whole office saw that, all I knew was that I wasn’t going to stay there anymore and thankfully Nathan was right behind me.

I got into the car and asked Leonard to take me home and as soon as we arrived, I went up to my room and just went under the covers.

It wasn’t until I felt a wet substance on my cheek before I realized I was crying.

The thought of seeing Tony again after two years and Jason being rude to me just made me let it all out and as I fell asleep, I cursed Jason for letting me cry over him again.

I definitely hated him.

I wonder when the battle between the couple will end.🤔🤔

So who's wondering what the story between Tony and Kayla is?

Will Jason and Kayla be able to live in peace like ever?

We'll see. 😁😁

P. S-Early update. YAY ME!!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

273K 12.5K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
232K 5.2K 25
Highest rankings #1 in Lola #1 in Jayden #75 in humor #8 in heartbreak #25 in billionaire What happens when two rival families are joined by marri...
412K 14K 50
#2 in triangle #3 in charming #10 in past #20 in dominating #47 in arrogant (Highest rankings) "I love you!" I said in desperation. "Really?" He...
1.9K 146 20
Do you believe in fate? Azalea Taylor, who lost her job due to her stubbornness, was searching for a new job when her best friend suggested one to he...