Smile - Lachlan

By simply_fiction

Natalie James is a straight A student planning for college. Her best friend, Madison thinks she needs to focu... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER TEN NEWS
Chapter Ten Part One
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Cover
I entered in the Wattys

Chapter 13

3.6K 102 32
By simply_fiction

Chapter Thirteen (Lacey's Pov)

Freshman Year

I open my door, letting in the crisp fall air, to a smiling Lachlan. His outfit of choice is a dark grey v-neck with a jacket over it, light wash jeans, and worn out converse.

"I didn't know what to wear." He admitted with a slight laugh, his nervousness very noticeable. "You on the other hand look... Woah."

A blush arises onto my cheeks so, I look down so he won't notice but, it is clear that he did when another nervous laugh escapes his lips.

You'd think because we've been dating for almost a year that we would have already been on a first date but, our parents said we were to young to go on actual dates. When he walks me home is probably the closest thing to a real date we have had.

"Do you two need a ride?" My mother pipes up way to cheerfully. I roll my eyes. "No mother."

She fixes my straightened hair,"Okay... Be home by 8!"

"It's 25 minutes past eight ma'am," Lachlan corrects her. "Then be home by ten!"

"Mom! Seriously. I know," I hide my face in my hands, embarrassed.

She kisses my forehead. "Alright.. Well... Love you. Have fun! Not too much fun! Make sure-"

I interrupt her annoyed. "Bye!!"

Before she can say anything else, I close the door. "Sorry about my mom. She can be annoying sometimes." He smiles, "Nah, I like your mom. She's cool.."

"So, what do you have planned?" I ask him, holding his hand. "Well, I figured since we both have already ate dinner that we can just get some desert."

"Sounds great!"

Lachlan ended up taking me to this really cute, little, restaurant called Sweet Henry's just so I could have a chocolate milkshake because that is my favorite.

As soon as we sit down a girl asks,"What can I get for you?"

He holds up to fingers"Two chocolate milkshakes please."

She scribbles it down on her notepad, "I will get that right out!"

She only takes a few steps then stops. "Hey Lacey! I didn't notice you were there."

"Well, now you know I'm here."

She walks away, leaving Lachlan and I alone.

It took barely three minutes until we got the milkshakes "Two chocolates milkshakes," The server announced.

She sets mine down first then Lachlan's. Making sure to lean over the table to show him her cleavage. He awkwardly looks in the other direction. "Do you mind getting me a ice water?"

"No! Not at all!" She giggles and walks off to get his water.

"Why water?" I ask him. "To wash out all the chocolate from my teeth. Why not?"

"You're very strange," I smile at him, shaking my head.

The obnoxious girl sets down his water on the table,"Here's your water, darling."

Lachlan thanks her and continues to talk to me about random things like calculus homework and the latest news as to where his dad is located.

He goes to take a sip of his water but, the glass slips out of his hands, falls to its side, and water seeps over the table.

He moves out of the booth before all the water is able to reach him but, not in enough time to not make it look like he peed himself.

Lachlan can't seem to get out a word he was so embarrassed."I am so salty right now."

I laugh at his words, feeling a slight touch of guilt. Luckily, he starts to laugh along with me as the waiters clean up the water that has found it's way onto the floor.

He grabs ahold of my hand while placing some money to pay for the milkshakes onto the counter. We leave the restaurant and, enter his nice, new truck. "What's the time?"

I press down on the power button of my phone to check the time."Nine o'six," I reply. "Alright. So, we have about a hour! What do you want to do?"

"For starters. We should probably head to your house so, you can change and, see what there is to do over there?" I suggest.

He agrees and we head to his house, arriving in less than ten minutes.

We are greeted by his younger sister and mother, both overjoyed for totally different reasons.

Candace tugs on my arm."Lacey! Lacey! Lets go play!" Lachlan's mom pulls her away from me. "Candace! Sorry Lacey. She just loves you!"

I smile politely."No need to apologize. Lachlan needs to change anyway! I have a few minutes." I get smiles from everyone. Apparently I am very good at wording things.

Candace ends up taking me up to her room so I could play Barbies with her while Lachlan changes.

"Sometimes I wish I looked like a Barbie but, I obviously don't look like one at all." Candace sighs while she brushes a black-haired Barbie that wears a way too small dress. "Your right. You don't look like them!" She frowns before I can finish. "You look even prettier! Those Barbies wish they looked like them!"

I hug her as I force one of the dolls legs up so, I can set it on one of the chairs in her "Barbie Dream House."

"You know what I think." Lachlan says, standing in the doorway, making us both jump as his sudden presence. "I think it's rude that there are no guy Barbies!"

"There are guy Barbies!" Candace defends like the dolls were real people. "Dad just always buys me the girls because I'm a girl, duh."

Every time their father comes home from a business trip he brings everyone presents. Candace gets a new Barbie doll, Lachlan gets whatever he is into at the time, and his mother gets a dozen roses. A few months ago, when his father had just came home. He even bought me a present. A really nice heart shapes locket that I still wear around all the time.

"Do you think you can leave us alone for a half and hour?" Lachlan asks her.

"If you pay me." She gives him a big smile, knowing it will bug him. He sighs,"A dollar?"

"Five."

Lachlan walks off to his room and comes back with a five dollar bill. "I'll give this to you when I drive Lacey home."

Candace attempts to grab the dollar bill, getting a laugh in return from Lachlan as he pulls it away from her.

After a few minutes of arguing between the siblings, Lachlan finally walks away, satisfied with only losing five dollars.

"So," He sits down on his twin sized bed. "What do you want to do?"

"Seriously Lachlan!? You were supposed to come up with an idea!" He just laughs at my reaction, a perfect smile on his face.

"It's really hot in your room. I am opening your window." I didn't really give him time to object because I had already opened the window before he could say a thing.

"What if I like it nice and toasty!?" He fake pouts. "I guess I'm going to be covered in like, ten billion blankets tonight." I push him slightly. "Oh stop your complaining, Lachlan. It's beautiful out there! Why not embrace it!?"

"OH MY GOSH LACHLAN!" I scream, open up his screen and, step out onto the roof. "How have we never thought of this!?" Lachlan laughs from inside. "You are insane!"

"I may be insane but, seriously! My god. My good goodness! Come join me Lachy!" Somehow I convince him to come out after time long minutes. "What if I fall?" He asks, gripping ahold of the siding. "I will laugh then get Candace so she can laugh with me."

"Lacey," He puts my hand on his chest. "Do you feel that?"

I don't even look down at my hand. I just stare at Lachlan and he stares back, his minty breath making me blush. "Your heart is beating really fast."

He laughs a really cute laugh that makes me want to slap him. "I know."

Then he kisses me. The kiss wasn't something petty. It was slow and passionate just like kisses in movies.

I almost wished it was truly a movie so, that nothing could ever go wrong.

"I love you, Lachlan." The words felt so, odd coming out of my mouth. I only every say that to my parents and relatives at reunions.

He smiles and kisses my forehead. "I love you too, Lacey."

Those words were simply enough.

PRESENT DAY

I couldn't get out of the gossip.

All everyone talked about now was Lachlan and Natalie.

Not Lacey and Lachlan.

Nope. Not a single care in the world about what really happened.

Not even Lachlan seemed to care that he had lied to me.

"Did you hear about Lachlan and Natalie dating? I thought he was still with Lacey!" Some random Junior gossips to her little group of friends. "Lachlan was probably missing everyone talking about him so, he got another girlfriend so, he could get attention."

I roll my eyes at that comment and start to get all my things back in my bag faster. "She won't last. Nobody ever does," Another one says.

Those girls were talking about his stupid 7th grade girlfriend. A nice two week relationship. How'd they know about it? It's a small town. Words gets around..

I slam my locker shut when I finally have all my things back in my bag. "It's not very appropriate to be spreading rumors if you don't know the real story."

One of the girls laugh but, I couldn't tell who because they all look the same.

Each and every girl in the group,

Looked liked a Barbie doll.

"It wasn't very appropriate for you to cheat on Lachlan but, you did it anyway."

I roll my eyes, yet again and, walk off to the cafeteria.

(Natalie's Pov)

The six of us sat at our table that fit us perfectly for each and every person to have enough elbow room.

Lachlan wasn't in the greatest of moods and, when he is in a bad mood everyone can tell. Both Mitch and Madi weren't in the greatest of moods. That pissed Lachlan off even more.

So much that he had the nerve to say, "Seriously Madi!? Everything doesn't have to be about you. Just because you say something doesn't mean we are going to all listen and obey. One day everyone will stop caring and, you'll have nobody. I think we are all just waiting 'till you really commit. All because you had nobody to take your pitty."

The table grew completely silent. All that there was to be heard was the chatter of the others at nearby tables.

Both Lachlan and Madi left the table for totally different reasons. As I followed him outside I realized that it was true.

Mitch stopped caring.

Jerome stopped trying.

Preston stopped joking.

Lachlan stopped helping.

And, I was simply just a bystander, watching as she waited for a successful suicide attempt.

Leaving her two lovers to feel guilty.

Once he finally stops and turns to face me. I simply slap him. Why? Well, he kissed Lacey and, it was very rude of him to say that. He was loosing control just like Madi. They both had a fear of getting hurt and, being the one to hurt someone else.

Lachlan is afraid of hurting me.

Madi is afraid of hurting Jerome.

My hands makes a loud clap sound as it smacks Lachlan's cheek. "How dare you say that to her!"

He looks at me, hurt. Not in pain but, hurt.

His hands grabs my arm and, he grips it aggressively. "I can say what I want! Don't treat me like I'm fucking five!"

"Maybe if you'd grow up I wouldn't treat you like that!" I scream back at him.

Lachlan looks down at his hand and, releases it. He steps away from me. "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."

He looks down at his hand that was just around my arm and, leaves not saying another word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 1.3K 79
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." _________Scarlett Price_________ She was different. She was a Nobody that didn't belong in this world...
27.5K 816 40
This is a fanfiction about Lachlan and a random girl while they're in high school. It shows the struggle of both of them and their eventual friendshi...
3.5K 148 30
School is the one thing I hate most. Wait, something actually happens at school that I'll like? That's a first... Hi, I'm Briana! I'm not necessarily...
19.3K 293 10
Captainsparklez,Stampy,Lizze,Cassie,Dan,Aphmau, Lachlan,TorqueDawg,Stacy,Sky,and last but not least (Y/n).They all got an invitation.But Jesse and hi...