Is This Love ?

By lexylex69

Growing up in the hood. Not everything's peach and cream , you get me ? You got to pay for what you want , th... More

Before The Begining
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Tonya's pov
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Devins Pov
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
AUTHORS MESSAGE
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

327 11 2
By lexylex69

It's been weeks since I havent heard from Devin

I'm guessing he's ok.

I been seeing my mom for the past 3 weeks, and still no sign of her moving.

I walked to the hospital window.

My phone rings , an " Unknown Number " pops up.

" Hello ? " I asked into the phone.

" Hey Stranger " said the male voice into the phone.

Not realizing who it was, I asked

" Who is this ?"

" Ghost " said the voice.

I thought and quickly put the pieces together.

" Hey Dev-"

" No ! Don't say my name .. Your phone could be tapped, just call me ghost" he interrupted me.

" umm, ok .. Ghost , how you been?" I asked moving back to the seat near mommas bed.

" I'm pretty good, staying low ... Relaxing .. Planning my next move .. Regular stuff , how about you?" He asked.

" Just checking up on my mother, and trying to hustle to stay on my feet"

I sat down starring at momma.

" Still no movement "

Devin sighed

" Shorty she's going to be straight , just keep ya head up , feel me"

" I try " I replied.

" Ok well I'm not going to hold you off anymore, just wanted to check up, and see how you was" Devin stated.

I really didn't want to get off the phone, but I didn't want to let him know.

" Ok , thanks for the call , I guess it's good to hear from you as well " I said nonchalantly.

" Alright shorty , take it easy , ill try to give you a call once in a while"

" ok , that's fine "

I hung up the phone.

There's something about Devin that gives me butterflies..

I looked at the clock, 5 more minutes till visiting hours are almost done.

I hate leaving her.

I packed up my things , and pecked her on her head.

" I love you mom " I whispered , as I tucked her in.

*One Week Later*

" Toya Emerson ?"

A lady in all white called out

I raised my hand, to let her know I was here

" Right here Ma'am " I said putting down the magazine and grabbing my purse.

" Ok, Come this way " She directed me to the back.

Hearing baby's crying and the voices of mothers trying to soothe them down, she opened a door , and directed me to go first.

Walking in, I looked around.

I never been here before.

" ok you can have a seat, the doctor will be in shortly" the women stated.

I sat down on which seemed to be a bed.

Starring at the big machine to my left, I heard a faint sound escaping it.

My heart raced.

* Knock knock *

" Yes?" I turned my direction to the door.

" Ms. Emerson ?" A male doctor walked in the room.

" Yes uh that's me " I said trying to sit up.

" Oh no it's ok Ms.Emerson, just relax and lay back, you don't want to stress the baby out" He said walking to my side

" My name is Dr. Young , How is everything? Your eating , your sleeping , excersise?"

He pulled out a chart and a pad.

" Everything's pretty normal, I eat regularly , I sleep almost all night , but I do get sharp pains sometimes, and my excersise , well ... I walk here and there.." I replied

" Sounds pretty good , but try to get more excersise during your last trimester , that can really help with the diating of the baby , and can make pregnancy smoother, now these pains.. Are they frequently?" He asked while writing

" They're uh , they are frequently , once I lay on my right side, I can feel it , it almost feels like someone ... Stabbing my side a thousand times"

" We'll , last time we seen you was when you fell, and that was almost .. 3 months ago.. I'm suprised your still feeling pain, normally they'll ease up"

Trying not draw attention to myself I agreed.

" Yea uh , I did kinda fall pretty hard, but could it be movement of the baby ? " I asked trying to get away from the lie I told.

" It could be , We will do an ultrasound to find out the gender of the baby as well as it's position, from there we can see if it's the movement, so I would need you to lift up your shirt"

" Ok "

I reached down to pull up my shirt

* Knock Knock *

" Come in " directed the doctor

Not changing my attention, I continued to pull up my shirt , ignoring the sharp pain.

The figure walked in

" Hello sir , May I ask who you are?"

" I'm Shaun Wheeler, the spouse of Ms.Toya here" he said walking in.

My heart dropped as I quickly turned to Shaun's direction.

" Oh , you must be the daddy congradulations "

" Thank you "

I watched as Shaun flashed his white teeth and smiled his brightest.

I couldn't believe he had the nerve to show up... How did he even know I was here?

Shaun walked toward the empty chair next to me and smirked.

" Well hello Toya " he said.

Still in disbelief, I wanted to call security, but I didn't want to cause a seen, I rolled my eyes and looked to the doctor.

" Here we go , Time to see the baby's gender , You guys ready?"

I wanted to be happy knowing the gender , but once Shaun walked in .. It drained away, I sat quietly.

" I can't wait to see my little man " Shaun said excitedly

This nigga is really putting on a show .

The doctor grabbed the gel and squeezed it on my stomach.

" This is a little cold " he said as he squeezed it all over.

I flinched at the cold gel , a little ? I'm guessing his hands must be num.

As he took the ultrasound handle and pressed on my stomach , the pain came , even worse than before

" Are you alright Ms.Emerson?" Asked Dr. Young.

" Yea , Just a little .. But it's hurting more , with pressure on it"

" Please Ms.Emerson if you feel very uncomfortable let me know , we can postpone this until you are feeling well"

" yea I thin- "

" No ! ... She can handle it " Shaun interrupted.

The doctor looked toward me , I looked at Shaun .

" Uh yea , I can handle it"

Being afraid of what Shaun might do if I did postpone the appointment , I didn't take any chances.

" We'll dad , I'm not sure if you knew but Ms.Emerson here has fell on her stomach a couple months back in pregnancy and she's experiencing pain , if she feels like she can't bare , we will have to postpone this " Dr.Young implied.

" She what ? .. Oh no I didn't hear about that , babe why didn't you tell me you fell ? " Shaun acted surprised .

I looked to Shaun to see if he really tried to keep this baby daddy act up , and I was surprise he had the faces to go with it.

I ignored him.

" I'm talking to you , why didn't you tell me you fell ? " Shaun asked again.

Wanting to say the real reason of my pain I stopped myself .

" It wasn't serious " I said not looking into his direction .

" it wasn't serious ?! You could've hurt yourself badly , or even worse .. OUR baby"

I quickly looked to Shaun to see If his head was on his shoulders

Our baby ?! This nigga must be out his mind . He wasn't thinking about OUR baby when he beat me half to death.

I played along.

" I didn't want you worrying about it, I was fine" I said sincerely.

" Not worrying? babe something like this needs to be told to me , are you ok, I mean , do you need help?"

I wanted to spit on this nigga so bad, but I held back and ignored his question.

" Please doctor I'll be fine, can we get on with this " I asked irritated.

" Ok Ms.Emerson , but if the pain is unbearable, I will have to stop" he insisted

He continued to take the ultrasound, feeling sharp pains I tryed to play it off the best I could , I wanted to know the gender of my baby.

" Ok parents here's the head, the chest, arms, abdomen , and the legs, lets see .... and here's the ... penis .. it's a boy CONGRADULATIONS ! " The doctor said proudly.

My face lit up , I always wanted a boy.

Shaun hugged me

" My little man , gone grow up like daddy" he said kissing me on the forehead.

I didn't want Shaun to be around my son , especially not growing up like him.

" Ok parents , in the front lobby you can start making your appointments monthly , for a check up " the doctor said grabbing his chart and opening the door.

I pulled down my shirt, and walked toward the door.

" Need help walking you to your car ?" Shaun asked.

" No acu-"

"Come on " Shaun interrupted grabbing my wrist.

As we got to the lobby , Shaun didn't stop for me to make an appointment.

He pulled me outside to the door of my car.

" Seems we're going to have a boy huh?" Shaun said letting go.

" We?! ... there ain't no "We" ... you was thinking about we when you tried to kill me !" I raised my voice.

" And I will finish the job if you don't lower your fucking voice " he insisted

I unlocked my car door

" Toya , whether you like it or not .. that's MY son"

" Your right , but I'm carrying him for nine months , and I don't want you near me , matter fact ..." I said turning to him

" Where's your other baby mother?" I asked

He leaned against the car

" Unlike you she aborted the baby" he said nonchalantly

" I should've done the same" I said as I turned back to open the car door

" And I would've killed you also... "

I turned to him quick

" I didn't kill her, relax just tryna scare you"

I didn't believe Shaun for a second , I quickly got in the car.

" Oh , don't worry about the appointments , ill go inside and make them for you , just incase you decide to not fill me in on them "

I wasn't really tryna stick around to hear anything else crazy Shaun had to say

I shut the door and drove off.

Reaching home I walked through the door and stopped dead in my tracks.

" Hi Toya " a voice said

" What are you doing here?" I asked dropping my bags

" Just checking up on things , I brought groceries so you can have food to eat" the figure insisted

" I don't need your groceries , I was doing fine for myself"

In fact I actually didn't have much to eat and was spending a lot of money on take out .

But I couldn't seem helpless.

" Toya , you can't hold a grudge forever... you have to let thing go ....I am your father "

" No , that's where your wrong .. your Mr.Green to me and that's about it"

" I can't say how sorry I am for everything I've done but if you help me I can change It ...well I can't change the past but I want to better your future "

" How you suppose you gone do that, lie some more ?"

I walked toward my room.

" You can let yourself out "

I slammed the door.

" My father " ... No , I don't believe it ... how could a father let his daughter grow up thinking that he was just a grandfather away from home ... no ... no ..

I walked to the mirror and closed my eyes.

I couldn't bare the resemblance .

HEY READERS WHAT YOU THINK ?

SHOULD TOYA GIVE MR.GREEN/FATHER A CHANCE TO START OVER?

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT &' VOTE

Thanks ,

~*LexyLex*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 1K 30
Just some AO3 shots not mine credit to owner โค๏ธ
27.3K 1.6K 31
แž–แŸ’แžšแŸ„แŸ‡แžแŸ‚แž€แžถแžšแž™แž›แŸ‹แž…แŸ’แžšแžกแŸ†แž˜แžฝแž™ แž‘แžพแž”แž’แŸ’แžœแžพแžขแŸ„แž™แž€แŸ’แž˜แŸแž„แž”แŸ’แžšแžปแžŸแžŸแŸ’แž›แžผแžแžแŸ’แžšแž„แŸ‹แž˜แŸ’แž“แžถแž€แŸ‹ แž แŸŠแžถแž“แž’แŸ’แžœแžพแž‚แŸ’แžšแž”แŸ‹แž™แŸ‰แžถแž„แžŠแžพแž˜แŸ’แž”แžธ แžŸแž„แžŸแžนแž€ แž‚แŸแžœแžทแž‰แžขแŸ„แž™แž”แžถแž“.....!!! แžแŸแž แŸ’แž™แžปแž„ แž‡แžปแž„แž แŸ’แž‚แžปแž€
6.1M 47.5K 56
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
79.5K 6.1K 16
๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐˜€ ๐—ง๐—ผ๐—ผ ๐——๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—™๐—ผ๐—ฟ His ๐——๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ "Fuck, whenever you're in my arms, I feel like I might crush you. You're so delicate," he...