The Shining Star In My Dark S...

By InkeeWinkee

"You made me realize that despite the sadness in my dark sky, there's still a shining star that gives me hope... More

Description
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: MEET MS. PERFECT. NOT SO PERFECT
CHAPTER 2: SOMEONE'S NOT IGNORANT (UNKNOWN POV)
CHAPTER 3: DO WHAT YOU WANT
CHAPTER 4: THE OH-SO-GORGEOUS PHOTOGRAPHER
CHAPTER 5: "BE MY MODEL?"
CHAPTER 6: THAT AIRHEAD GOT DIRTY THINGS
CHAPTER 7: FRIENDS? FRIENDS.
CHAPTER 8: THE BLACK PIANO KEYS
CHAPTER 9: THE BLOODY SPAMS
CHAPTER 10: I FEEL LIKE OVERDOSING MYSELF WITH CANDIES
CHAPTER 11: JUST A TOWEL AS MY COVER
CHAPTER 12: MI CIELITO
CHAPTER 13: HIGHER THAN THE LIMIT OF THE SKY AND IT'S KILLING ME
CHAPTER 14: YOU'RE SO FULL OF CLICHES
CHAPTER 15: I FREAKING LIKE...
CHAPTER 16: AND YOU'RE MY SHINING STAR
CHAPTER 17: YOU'RE SLEEPING ON THE COUCH, MISTER!
CHAPTER 18: THE TORN PUNCHING BAG
CHAPTER 19: PAINT? REALLY? ACRYLIC, LATEX, AND WATERCOLOR
CHAPTER 21: LIFE IS NEVER FAIR
CHAPTER 22: I SUSPECT HE'S AN ILLEGAL DRUG
CHAPTER 23: BAD BOY FACADE - A FRAUD
CHAPTER 24: BEYOND PERIL AND DEATH
CHAPTER 25: JUST A LITTLE MORE
CHAPTER 26: LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS DARK TUNNEL
CHAPTER 27: YOUR VOICE IS MY ESCAPE
CHAPTER 28: MR. SWEET KISS
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: SSIMDS ON HOLD!
CHAPTER 29: YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND

CHAPTER 20: NO, I'M LOVING YOU. WOOPSIE.

50 2 6
By InkeeWinkee

CHAPTER 20: No, I’m Loving You. Woopsie.

BRENT’S POV

“How long will this collaboration go?” Paige asked Isaac as he packs his tripod. That’s right, I’m back to accompanying them with these photography project that Isaac’s been working on. I still don’t know why he has this collaboration with Paige.

“Until I get all what I need, I guess.” Isaac replied, stopping from what he’s doing and staring at Paige with such a weird expression. And I hate that expression. Dude, you’re jealous. Maybe, maybe  not. I just don’t like seeing Isaac look at Paige that way. It kills me.

“And what exactly do you need?” I addressed Isaac, cocking my eyebrow. Okay, I’m being a jealous crap right now. If only I don’t love Paige. Yes, I love her. I can’t tell her though. She’ll freak out.

I know exactly why.

Damn, the day I set my eyes on her picture, I thought I would marry her. But now, shit, yes, I would definitely want her to be with me forever.

You’re being a dramatic dude. You sure are a girly at heart. My inner voice is a dilemma! I ran my hand to my hair. Isaac was taken aback. He stared at me, taunting. Paige, not oblivious to the banter that I just started, looked at me quizzically.

“I’ll be having an exhibit once I have the budget. But for now, I’ll enjoy taking more photos so I’ll have a wide range of choices,” Isaac replied nonchalantly. But if I know, he has something in mind, which I know would be about Paige.

“Hey,” we both looked to Paige. “Our agreement includes me contributing photos of my choice right?” obviously, Paige is addressing Isaac.

“Yeah,” Isaac said, nodding. “Why?” Paige shifted her gaze to me and smiled at me. If only I knew what she’s thinking.

“Nothing,” she shook her head. “I am thinking on what I can contribute,” now she faced Isaac and beamed him a smile. Isaac nodded in response while I can’t help myself but smile with amusement. Paige approached me and I immediately wrapped my arm around her waist. She nuzzled her face against my chest and looked up at me. “Hey, let’s go and get Bri. Mom’s really excited to meet her. It’s been long since she had last seen a child,” she said to me. She’s really excited about the dinner.

Oh shit, today’s our dinner with the Barnettes. I’m really happy to meet them. Is Peter coming? I feel intimidated by over-protective brothers. It’s not that I’ve dated a lot of girls. I’ve always dated whore cheerleaders of Westine High for reputation thingies but I never took off my eyes from Paige. It’s just Paige’s brother know me too well. And now that Paige and I are together, I fear that Peter will act as the over-protective brother. Okay, it’s just a new thing to me.

“Will Peter be there?” I asked Paige. She grinned. Oh, does she know what I was thinking?

“Nah, Peter’s back to college. And yes, I know what you were thinking,” her smirked turned into an amused smile.

“How did you—” she cut me off by putting her index finger on my lips.

“Because.” She said. I smirked against her finger and kissed it wet. She retracted her arm away from me. “Eeeew Brent! That’s gross.” Her face contorted. She wiped her wet finger into my shirt.

“Woah, so it’s gross kissing me?” I cocked an eyebrow. Her smirk came back and she tiptoed to kiss the end of my lips.

“No babe, it’s just better if you kissed me here,” she pointed at her lips.

“Oh, miss Paige, are you flirting with me?” I chuckled she joined my chuckling and hugged me.

“No, I’m loving you.” her eyes grew wide and so are mine. “Woopsie,” she added. Honestly, my heart beat became faster. I can’t help but smile. She said she loves me! I think I just won Jupiter from the lottery.

“Baby, I’ll always do, too,” and I kissed her on her temple.

~~~~~~

“Do I look good?”

“Good? Great!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yesh!”

“Brent, stop it! You’re stressing your sister!” Paige said as she fixes Bri’s curly pigtails.

“Yesh!” Bri repeated with toothy grin from her car seat at the back, beside Paige.

“Sorry, I just want to impress your mom.” I murmured.

Paige laughed. “Woah Brent. Where has your confidence gone? Is that really you?” She pinched Bri’s cheeks lightly. “Is he your brother Bri? He’s kind of lost,” Paige added, trying to stifle her laugh. Bri beamed Paige a smile.

“Okay girls and boy, stop the banter. We’re here,” Isaac interrupted us from bickering. We got out of the car.

“Are you sure I look good?” I said once more.

“Brent!” Paige and Isaac said at the time.

“Fine, fine.” I let out a sigh. Paige scooped up Bri and faced us. She looks gorgeous on the red dress she used during the photo shoot; matching her skin tone. Her brown hair is flawlessly curled even if she used it at the photo shoot a while ago. “Done checking me out, Garris?” Paige said, pulling me out of my gaze at her.

I smiled. “I’ll never be tired checking you out, Barnette.” She gave back a playful smile. Isaac cleared his throat. He looks really aggravated.

“Okay, I think we have to go. Mom and Ali have been waiting for us.” Paige pointed her thumb toward their house. “And Isaac, you should meet Ali. You’ll like her!” she added, acting really excited I rolled my eyes. She’s really working on her matchmaker role.

Isaac looked really puzzled. “Ali?” Paige rolled her eyes and cocked an eyebrow. She turned around with Bri still in her arms and we followed her. As we enter the house, my memories of the last time that I was here came back. Actually it was when I asked permission from Mrs. Barnette and Peter to take Paige out for a date. I’m more familiar with Paige’s bedroom though. I’ve been there lately accompanying her when she’s having mood swings. If only I can do something to help her. I let out a sigh shrugging away the thought. Think of something else.

She said she loves you! I smiled at my subconscious. Right, she indirectly and directly said she loves me.

Paige led us to their sophisticated living room. It’s minimalistic and elegant. The furniture set is sleek and it matches the color of the walls. Standing at the far end of the living room are Ali, Mrs. Barnette, a young boy and a man. I stilled. Is he her dad? Mr. Barnette. Shit, I feel the urge to back out now.

No way dude! You must show your courage. You love Paige, remember?

Paige put Bri down and approached her mom. “Hi mom,” she hugged and kissed her on the cheek. “Hi dad, I didn’t know you’ll be here!” she did the same gesture but I can see she missed him so much. Ali kissed Paige on her cheek. “OMG! Little Duncanty is here!” she scooped up the little boy and hugged her. Duncanty has dark brown hair and blue eyes. He looks so sweet. I bet he'll be a player when he grows up.

"Hi Paigy!" Duncanty said. "Who is she?" She pointed to Bri.

"She's Brianne." Paige looked at me with gleam in her eyes then she turned to Bri. She put down Duncanty and kneeled down so she’s in the same height as the two kids. “Brianne, this is Duncanty.”

“Hi Duncanty!” Bri said cheerfully smiling at him with her toothy five-year old grin.

“Hi,” Duncanty smiled at her, gazing at her.

“Wow, they would be good playmates!” Paige said as she stands up. “By the way this is Brent, my boyfriend, and Isaac, his cousin.” Paige gestured a hand to our direction, addressing Mr. and Mrs. Barnette. Mrs. Barnette happily stepped forward and enveloped me into a hug. Her brunette hair pulled up in a bun. Sophisticated is an understatement of the year to describe her. She’s an epitome of a gorgeous and elegant wife.

“It’s nice to see you again Brent!” She said.

“It’s a pleasure to see you, Mrs. Barnette,” I replied with enthusiasm.

“Oh, silly. Just call me Ana,” she said. “And this is my husband.” He gesture to Mr. Barnette.

“Good evening Mr. Barnette,” I extended my hand forward. He took it immediately. He has a smile reaching his grey eyes.

“Just call me Christian, son,” he said. Wrinkles are evident in his physique but he’s still good looking with his well-toned body.

“Okay sir, ah Christian,” I said. I feel intimidated with Mr. Barnette. I let out a sigh when the handshake ended. Isaac introduced himself to Ana and Christian and then to Ali.

“Hi, I’m Isaac” Isaac said as he shakes hands with Ali. Ali blushed and turned her gaze down the floor. She nodded.

“A-ali” she said still blushing. Isaac looks clueless and puzzled. It seems that Isaac doesn’t know her. I thought they met at a party? Then it clicked. Right, Uncle Joe called looking for Isaac but later he said he went home drunk. And drunken Isaac turns into a person with amnesia. So now it’s clear why Isaac’s acting like it’s his first day meeting Ali.

“Okay, think we should go and eat. Anastasia is excited on your compliments to her cooking,” Christian said, inviting us all into the dining area.

The dining area is no different from the living room. Sophistication erupts from everywhere. Sleek but elegant might be their motto when they talked to the architect. The dining set is made from laminated dark wood. The food, well the foods served are really appetizing.

“So Brent, I heard that Dr. Bernards is your uncle.” Christian asked. He said his statement nonchalantly but I feel like he’s already having a background check on me. I nodded, smiling my award-winning smile. I must not ruin his first impression on me. “So do you know—” his statement was cut off when Paige coughed like she was choked and her utensils fell down on the floor.

“Are you okay honey,” Ana stood up from her chair beside Christian and went to Paige. Paige stood up from her seat and picked up the utensils from the floor. She’s not yet recovered from her series of cough. She went to the breakfast bar and put down the cutlery that fell on the floor.

“Uhm, can you excuse me for a while? I just need to use the rest room,” Paige said as she shot a knowing look into her family members. It was like they have mental telepathy.

Mr. Barnette continued his talk to me and he even did the “the talk” to me. Of course I was anxious when he started it especially in front of Ali and Ana. But I understand. It’s a given whenever a girl has her first boyfriend. The dinner went well so far. Twenty minutes had passed and Paige is still not back. Christian and Ana are talking and Isaac and Ali are whispering to each other. I smiled when I caught Ali blushed from something that Isaac said. Bri and Duncanty are also talking about Huggy-fluffy, Bri’s favorite stuffed toy. I heard Bri somewhere in the lines like “Huggy-fluffy said happiness is always just next to you.” I mentally shook my head. She’s such a very smart girl. I stopped my reverie.

“Uhm, sir, is it okay if I follow Paige? I want to talk to her,” I said, addressing Mr. Barnette.

“Boy, it’s okay if you call me Christian,” he said and shifted his gaze to Ana as if waiting for an approval to my question. Ana nodded with understanding after their talking staring match. Christian turned to me again with a calm smile. “Okay Brent,” he approved.

I went to look for Paige upstairs. I bet she’s in her bathroom. Rich kids and their houses. I raised my hand to knock the door. I knocked four times and I heard no response. For a moment I felt like there must something that happened to her. I turned the knob and opened the door. I was surprised it was open. Paige is on her bed, curled up. I went to her and sit beside her. She’s crying. Holy…

“Paige, what’s wrong?” I said as I hold her shoulder trying to shift her position so she’s facing me. Shit. She’s pale. “Paige are you okay? You look pale!” I removed the strands of hair covering her face. Her eyes are blood shot.

“Brent…” she said then she sobbed again. I sit her up and hugged her. I know this has something to do with the device she’s clasped in her hand.

~~~~~~

AN: Hey guys, sorry for the wait. I've been really thinking on how to make this chapter. I've also incorporated some things that I'll be using on the sequel. I don't know how long will this story go and yet I'm already thinking of the sequel. Yes!!! iIt's because I've finally figured out what the sequel will be.

You can guess. :)) It's obvious though.

By the way, I am making one or two more BRENT's POV because as you can see, this chapter is a cliff hang. So yes, more BRENT's POV. A secret is preaparing to be revealed!

Anyway, enough for spoilers. I dedicate this to Ednamellisa because she said she's also a fan. Though it's a given because she's my bestfriend in real life! Hahaha. 

The wattpad book for the chapter is Love at Last Sight by XxSkater2Girl16xX

I don't know if I already featured that on earlier chapters. It's been a month and a half that I've been writing this story and I really have a memory problem (screw short term memory) so yeah, I don't know if it was featured before. And I'm too lazy to check if I had.

And also, I'm planning to write a PROLOGUE... What do you think??? :)

Okay. Did you enjoy the Chapter? Comment and vote! Love you lots like jelly totskie. <3

~Anj

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 29.3K 42
Everywhere becomes silent as every single pair of eyes turn to us and although I'm used to attention, it's never been in this type of situation and I...
41.9K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
252K 9.3K 25
Riley Brown. The name sends chills down the spines of her classmates. But that doesn't mean she's evil, in fact, she's very fun and brave behind that...
1.6M 47.4K 50
"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one. And if you didn't like it, then you wil...