Thomesa ~ One Shots

By thomesalove

A bunch of Thomesa one shots (some sad, some happy) to fix our broken hearts ❤ Requests are always open! More

Requests
Nightmares
Reunion
Heaven
Pick Up Lines
The Last Night
Love Hurts
Texts I
Emotional Tether
Birthday Present
The Cure
A Different Day
Sick At Home
Goodbye
Kissing And Winning
The Writer And The Dedicated Fan
Wish
Texts II
Good News
Best Friends' Fights
Restless Night
Sweet Dreams
Night In The Slammer
About Time
The Only Reason
Everything Is Not Enough
They Grow Up So Fast
Memories From The Past
The Last Gift
Thank You!
10k??!!
20k!!!
30k?!!
40k?? i am ~levitating~

Big Girls Don't Cry

1.4K 40 44
By thomesalove

A/N

Helloooo everyone, hope you have an amazing December and it's unbelievable how we're so close to 2019 now 🤔😂

Started listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie a few days ago (the nostalgia though) and got inspired to write this one shot 😉

Prepare for da feelzz 😁

____________________

I need some shelter of my own protection, baby

To be with myself and center
Clarity, peace, serenity

"Hey," she heard his movements even before his voice came out. "Are you okay? What are you doing up here?"

She was still looking at the horizon in front of her when the brown haired boy spoke, stopping her train of thoughts.

"Just thinking."

Teresa's mind had been racing all day, non-stop until she couldn't handle it anymore and decided to be alone for some needed moments.

The group managed to stick together and be close to each other throughout the whole journey, and the fact that those disturbing and tragic images of her mother's last moments was something that she couldn't simply ignore she needed time to think.

"I'll let you be alone."

The doubt and hesitation were pretty evident on his voice, and it only showed his wanting to stay with her, understand what was wrong, because of course there was something going on with Teresa.

He was almost mid way when she turned around.

It was something uneasy, weird even, the feelings she understood she felt whenever she was around him. The need of him to just be close to her, not talking if he didn't want to, but provide comfort in the way only Thomas can. She needed it badly.

"Do you remember your mother?"

Brims of tears were starting to form on her beautiful, bright blue eyes, but there was no way she would let them fall. Not in front of Thomas.

Of course they knew each other like no other, and Teresa wouldn't think twice before telling Thomas everything that had been bugging her all day, but giving in her weakest, most vulnerable part wasn't something she liked to do.

"Uhm... I think so."

"I remember mine."

She tried. She tried so hard. But the tears seemed fall anyway.

I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you

"Please, don't fight them, Thomas."

They were broken.

There was nothing else she could do at that moment than to try to make Thomas understand her reasons.

She, never in a million years, would've thought so many things would happen in one single night.

She knew it was risky, and she could lose every friend, every person important to her in just a few words, but that wouldn't stop her. It couldn't.

Maybe it was her memories making up her mind, or maybe it was just her, but one thing she knew for sure: Thomas wouldn't support that one bit.

It was hard. Both would deny it but deep down they knew it was inevitable. The two had a connection that never went unnoticed by others, and fortunately neither did for them. So they were very much aware of their situation at that moment.

Teresa wasn't sure when her emotions got the best of her until the point of tears falling down her cheeks, but they did, and she tried. She tried with all her strength to stop them from falling.

But the tears seemed falle anyway.

It's personal, myself and I

"Do you regret it? What you did to us?"

His voice was low and deep, the emotion and frustration and desperation after not seeing each other for so many months being clear in it.

Teresa pondered for some moments, thinking about everything that had happened during the time they were apart. Working with WICKED helped her focus on something important and at least try to find some way to stop the deadly disease from spreading, but even with all that, she sometimes felt lonely.

She had lost her best friend, her confident. Only because she didn't listen and acted for the greater good. She realised that it hadn't been a bad decision after all, but it hadn't been good either. Not seeing him was the price to pay for her actions.

"Sometimes." Her eyes started to get glassy as small droplets of water formed on her eyes.

"But I did what I thought was right."

We've got some straightening out to do

"It stops when we find a Cure."

"There is no goddamn Cure!"

His voice had risen in volume the moment her apologies filled the air.

There was just so much hurt, so much sadness and so much... love between the two that it became somehow unbearable for each other to be in the same place without ending up arguing.

They thought there was no going back. They had hope things would change and maybe they would get less distressed between them but every time the two got into a massive exchange of words all their hope would wash away immediately.

It had taken several times until they finally managed to stay put next to each other without hurting the other, and it was even more impressive to know that it had been in that same night.

They had been always good together. They would work and survive better alone with just the other than if on their own, and they just knew it.

They could never be really mad at each other.

And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket

It hadn't been that hard for her to choose when the time came and she didn't hesitate when the final decision came to her mind.

She was going to let Thomas live.

As she held his almost unconscious body against her tiny but firm one she just knew she couldn't let the boy die in her arms. Not in her arms, or in any way. He was going to live a long life.

It would be hard to let him go. Not physically, but psychologically. Teresa didn't know much about that topic, but she was sure she would miss him wherever she was.

And it was better for her to know that he had forgiven her as well.

But I've got to get a move on with my life

So she didn't hesitate when the time for her to push him into the Berg came.

Because one thing kept yelling at her inside her mind and she was grateful for that.

Thomas wouldn't die that night.

It's time to be a big girl now

The panic and desperation in the boy's face was enough to make Teresa's heart crumble just like the buildings beside her. Thomas knew she wasn't going to jump and he felt like the most horrible thing in the world. He screamed. He screamed with his eyes for her to jump since his voice was cut shut by the moment, but even that didn't move her from her spot on the weak ceiling, her small yet strong figure standing looking right into him.

Teresa knew that that was the end for her. Her end. And despite the fact that she should have been panicking due to being so close to death, she wasn't. She felt almost at peace with the world and specially herself.

She felt tears starting to form once again on her eyes, and even if she was in the worst situation ever; the dark smoke stinging her eyes as the flames around her burned; and the feeling of relief of receiving her friends's trust once again, Teresa didn't let those tears fall down this time.

For Thomas.

For them.

And big girls don't cry

A/N

There it is!!! I hope you liked it!!

So I'm thinking about ending this story in the next chapter (chapter 30) because I don't want a story bigger than that, but I don't want to stop writing one shots either...

So would you like if I wrote a one shots book no 2? Tell me what you think, it is really important for me to know 😊

Love you! ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 66 22
𝙰𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝙱𝚘𝚡 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎...
7.6K 115 22
completed ᴛᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴏʟꜰ; ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ 1-6 •ꜱᴛɪʟᴇꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟɪɴꜱᴋɪ •ꜱᴄᴏᴛᴛ ᴍᴄᴄᴀʟʟ •ɪꜱꜱᴀᴄ ʟᴀʜᴇʏ •ᴅᴇʀᴇᴋ ʜᴀʟᴇ •ʟɪᴀᴍ ᴅᴜɴʙᴀʀ •ᴛʜᴇᴏ ʀᴀᴇᴋᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ ʀᴜɴɴᴇʀ; ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ •ᴛʜᴏᴍ...
380K 6.1K 37
"𝐒𝐨 𝐈 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐬?" "𝐀 𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭?" "𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝." Oneshots and Imagines abo...
543K 13.3K 20
-𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 everyone has a fear of her, but Thomas is determined to know more about her. "𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙘𝙖�...