Perennial Love

By AnushaBhatt15

Hello to the reader there! First of all thank you so much to stop by my story and giving it a try... This is... More

Disclaimer and copyrights
Character sketch
1. Dream to Reality
2. A Lifeless Life
3. Only a squad or more?
4. Something's different
Thank You
5. Out Of The Blue
6. The nightmares
7. They are always there
8. The meet up
9. Plans
10. The Party!
11. What the hell happened?
Apology!
12. Is This A Joke?
13. Is this only a game?
15. The After Effects
16. The Gathering
17. Something's Fishy
18. Friends turned Spy
19. It's just the start
20. Lost in the woods
Cover!!!
21. The unexpected!!!
22. The Attack!
23. The confrontation
24. Past revelation (part 1)
25. Past revelation (part 2)
26. Truth revelation
Important
27. The return of life
28. The doctor's words
29. First client and the first move
30. A surprise after a surprise
31. Turn of events
32. The plan tumbling down
33. The reality hit
34. Mothers gone crazy
35. Reject or accept?
36. When is the wedding?
37. The bond of rings
38. Stealing special moments
39. Shopping Day (part 1)
40. Shopping day (part 2)
41. It's mehendi!
42. Coaxing her
Author's note!
Promo
43. It's time for Sangeet!
44. String of misunderstandings
45. A strange change
46. Days pass so quickly!
47. Finally they talk!
48. His love
49. Her feelings
50. The new family member!
51. Living the dream
52. Here it begins!
53. Sweet games
Author's note
54. The little things
55. Fire in the eyes
56. Deja vu
57. Sharon Rai Prakash
58. The dreadful hours
59. She remembers!
60. Their Perennial Love
Trailer!
Epilogue
Lets chat!
Bonus Chapter 1

14. Friends Like Family

644 29 93
By AnushaBhatt15

A/N

Okay I know it's very late🙈 but couldn't help it. I tried my best to write this chapter. Hope so your expectations are met.

Please do leave inline comments while reading guys. Because I love them!

Happy reading!

(Edited- 25-08-2020)

_______________

Swayam's POV

"Yes! Mr. Swayam Shekhawat, I like you." She said giggling and my grip around her wrist loosened immediately. The hand which I was holding as if it is my dear thing, suddenly fell out of my grip and I did that myself.

I. Like. You.

These three words don't know what herculean mess they have created in me. I didn't see this coming. I didn't expect this! I took few steps back still unable to digest what I just heard. I looked around and saw an equally shocked expression plastered on each face but they didn't knew what was my face shocked for.

Pia Mehra, a woman I met few weeks before and to my fate, she had to be a similar looking girl, just like my Sharon. I come to know that she is going to be a part of the crew, a dream of my Sharon. And then again I had to feel something everytime I see her, which I used to feel only when I would see my Sharon! I had to keep telling myself that this is not Sharon, this is Pia Mehra. I had to explain this whole thing to my family and make them be normal. I had to control my emotions and my family's feelings towards her, because she was not the one we all wished for her to be. All these things done for only one purpose, to keep myself away from her, to keep her away from me, to not let her affect me but... but today, everything went off. She is saying that she likes me, affecting me in the deepest way ever possible for anyone.

I was brought out of the trance by her giggles. Is she gone insane? Did she even realise what had she done? I quickly composed myself but didn't make a move. I see Simmi coming towards Pia and holding her by her arms, shook her.

"Pia! What are you talking about? And what did you drink?" Simmi asked and Pia giggled again. I don't know what's with her and her giggles. Pia muttered something saying the word 'crush' inaudible to me, rather everyone including Simmi. I saw Rey approaching me from side of my eyes. What is he upto now?

"Hey bro, just take her lightly okay?" He said and I looked at him puzzled. Did he also drink something that he is saying this to me? I raised eyebrows at him, so he continued,

"Look, we all know she is not in her senses... She is drunk! Don't know what she drank, but she is doing all idiotic things since we were upstairs. So just ignore her. She herself doesn't know what she is saying." Rey finished and I found myself a bit relaxed.

Yes, actually he is right. She is drunk. This maybe just the alcohol speaking and not her. Yes, this is not her telling me, it's the effect of the drink. As soon as this information settled in me, a wave of relief washed to a certain extent in me, yet, I was not totally out of the shock. I nodded at him and slightly fake smiled and he sighs in relief. What was he tensed for?

"Swayam, where is the guest room? I will drop her." Simmi asked turning to me and I can't be enough thankful to her for that. I gestured towards a room to the right, and she turned back to Pia. She held her hand and started to pull her towards the room, but Pia doesn't seem to move even a bit. Pia stood there pinned with a cute pout and brows furrowed.

"No! Swayam is my kidnapper and only he will take me." She says looking at me, folding her hands against her chest. What the hell! Is it not enough for what she has already done that she wants to do more? This is insane! Rey walked to her and said,

"I am also your kidnapper, remember? So let me take you." He passes a small smile my way and I wonder how and when he turned into so understanding, mature person. Was he the same person who passed taunts and was mad at me for not having enough time for a heart to heart talk?

"But I want Swayam to take me!" Pia whined again. Is she not satisfied with what all happened? I press my forehead with my palm and slightly massage it as migraine was making its way.

Then I thought again that I want to get rid of her as soon as possible and the only way out is, to give into her demand and to take her to the guest room quickly. I thought over it again, and I found it better. I went to her and held her wrist and started to drag her to the guest room quickly. Her another hand was held by Rey and he too was dragging her along with me, helping me.

The whole way till the door which is now in front of us, she was giggling. I gestured Rey to open the door and he left her and opened the door for us. I quickly without wasting anymore time, dragged her throught the room, taking her to the bed, to its side, so that I can lay her and go. But when I did so, I think she tripped or slipped or don't know what happened but I felt a pull in my grip and I too lost my balance and we landed on the sofa that was beside, with me on top of her and she lying below me, in a not so comfortable position.

With the bit of moonlight peeping in trough the window, I saw her face highlighted with her beautiful features. She looked so angelic. She looked Divine! I was looking at her eyes and they held so much innocence in it, a strange twinkle in them, which I hadn't seen before... The reality hit me when Rey turned the lights on. Oh shit! What was I doing again? I raised my head a little above and saw Rey standing beside me. He smirked at me, and he is back!

I struggled to get up, and that's when I realised that Pia has passed out, with all her weight on my neck which she held by her arms and I was unable to get up straight. I sighed in defeat and adjusted myself kneeling beside her and scooted her up in my arms, in a bridal way to be specific. Had this been any other situation, Rey would have teased the hell out of me, but don't know what's upto him today. He's behaving quite strange. I laid her on the bed and pulled my neck out of her grip, finally!

I took few steps back and sat on the stool of the dressing table, beside the bed. I stared at Pia,my thoughts running wild now. What was happening to me? 'I like you!' These three words have raised a havoc of emotions in me! I rested my elbows on my knees and placed my face in my palm. My senses then were back into the memory lane with my Sharon...

"I love you Swayam!" Sharon had said standing at the beach, under the moonlit sky... A total romantic moment for us.

I remember that day because it was so so special! Any moment with my Sharon was so special.

"I love you more!" I said leaning in and placing a soft kiss on her forehead, full of love. We walked on the shore, while I held her in my arms and she, me. Enjoying the comfortable silence between us, letting hearts talk their own language, finding solace in each other's embrace... One of the best quality time I spent with her and one of the most special nights I spent with her.

I felt to laugh at my own fate! I think it is enjoying so much playing with my emotions like this. But this time, I will not let anyone pity me, play with my emotions or hurt me!

I jerked a bit, startled, when I felt a hand over my shoulders. I removed my hands and looked up at Rey standing in front of me. I realised I was not alone in the room and quickly wiped the one or two tears that managed to escape somehow. I got a clearer view of him and he looked at me with brows raised.

"What's the matter?" Rey asked skeptically watching me. I couldn't meet his gaze and looked here and there as if a child had been caught doing some mischief.

"No... Nothing!" I said sniffling and took a step to cross him but he held me from moving by placing his palm on my chest. I know I can't hide from him for long now, but still I am not ready to tell him either. He watched my face by narrowing his eyes while I looked at everywhere else but him.

"Le... Let's go out. Everyone must be waiting." I said it in one breath and looked up. He held his gaze straight into my eyes. I felt guilty for not telling him anything and even I couldn't control anymore. I just looked at him defeated taking the look of my vulnerability on the front and soon his face turned into a shock one. I hugged him tight in a bone crushing brotherly hug. He was startled at first, but soon responded by hugging back. I let out a sob I was trying to suppress from a long time. He just kept patting and rubbing my back, assuring me that he is there by my side, always! I pulled out and still looked down unable to meet his gaze. We stood there in silence for some time.

"It's okay dude. You can say me when you feel to. I am not forcing anything." He said, his voice heavy as if he was also crying. I looked up at him and found his eyes moist too.

"Now fix your this broken face and adjust your hair. You look totally disheveled, distressed person... Like a zombie! We need to go out too." He said trying to make a joke out of me and he too tried to laugh putting his hands in his pocket, a habit of him when he tries to hide something. I looked up at him and smiled weakly. I pulled him in an another bone crushing hug. I don't know what good deed I have done to get a friend like Rey!

"Leave me! I will die out of breath!" He said dramatically. Bloody actor! I released him and we smiled at each other. A smile that held so many sorrows yet was able to make its way. I fixed myself and we went out.

The whole time I was thinking only one thing. Who the hell did this? Who brought this strong alcohol in the party? Who dared to play this prank? Anger was now boiling inside me. I don't swear usually but today, I had it all. I sweared under my breath that who so ever is responsible for this shit created, will have a tough time now and they will get to know who Swayam Shekhawat is.

As soon as we came back to the place to where we were sitting before, everyone looked at us and I see them sigh and relief washed over their faces but I was not done yet... Soon their expressions turned into shocked after seeing me, I don't know what I did. I notice Rey mouthing something inaudible and his expression is changed too. I faced Rey and raised my brows to which he just shrugged and whispered in my ears...

"You look horrible and they are shocked to see you in such a state probably. I just said them nothing important!" I smiled at him grateful for gesture. I look back at the group and everyone's attention is on me. Great! I just wanted this attention!

"So now guys listen to me." I said and my voice was hoarse but yet it held the authority that made everyone turn their attention completely to me if that was possible.

"I want to know who the bloody hell did this!" I shouted, fuming in anger and everyone were shocked at my tone.

"Swayam, chill! It's just a small prank. It's-" Simmi tried calming me down but I cut her mid saying,

"I am not cool with this! I am fucking not! And I want to know who the hell did this? Who had the guts to do this? Who had played such a nasty plan?" By the end, I was fuming with anger and had fisted my palms controlling myself. Rey kept his hand on my shoulder and tried to calm me a bit.

I was just looking around irritated and my eyes retraced back to Nil and Vicky's direction. They had a grave look on their faces and sweat forming on their heads. It didn't take any longer to understand and I got up.

"Arey you guys responsible?" I asked sternly. They looked everywhere but me and I was more confident on my doubt then.

"Did you guys do this?" Rey asked moving towards them, ahead of me. They looked up and their faces held some strange expressions, called guilt. I banged my palm on the table beside and I heard some gasps. I turned around and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to calm myself.

"Are you both out of your minds?" Rey asked angrily this time...

"What were you thinking before doing this?" This time it was Simmi.

"What had gotten into you both for playing this prank on Pia?" Kriya asked them next. There was silence for few seconds and Nil and Vicky decided to break it, at last.

"Guys... We are sorry. We didn't intend it." Nil said in a low voice.

"The drink was not for Pia." Vicky continued him and I turned around.

"What do you mean by it was not for her?" I asked, my voice laced with irritation.

"It was for you!" Both said, guilt all over their faces.

"And why would you guys do that to me?" I asked back, my voice a little soft this time.

"Guys tell us what and why were you doing this?" Rey asked again, it seemed like he would just punch them right away.

"Because it was enough Rey!" Vicky said with not even a drop of guilt in it this time.

"What?" Rey asked.

"We wanted to know. We wanted to know what's bothering Swayam. We couldn't see him like this! After today, I bet even you believe that he is not what he shows. He just wears a facade for the world but we are his friends dude. We couldn't see him being sad, stern, cold hearted all the time, and that too after we knew that he is not this from inside. We wanted to know why is he having these two faces. We wanted to help him out. We wanted him to share his problems with us, so that we can do our deeds..." Nil said and silence followed. I turned my back on them again, highly pissed.

"So, you guys opted for this option?" Rey asked.

"Yes, we could do nothing else." Vicky replied.

"Where did the plan go wrong?" Rey asked. Is he seriously asking this?

"Actually we had mixed the alcohol pills in Swayam's drink but when he was about to drink, aunty called him and Pia drank it. The rest, is the history." Vicky said in a oh-its-so-causual tone and anger was boiling inside me.

"How can you guys be so irresponsible?" Rey asked furiously and I agree with him.

"We didn't think this could happen too." Nil said.

"Ohh yes! It should have informed you that it is to happen right?" Rey asked back mockingly.

"Rey! We this for Swayam." Vicky said, a bit irritated.

"But the thing you did is wrong!" Rey spat back.

"We don't think we did anything wrong. We were helping our friend." Nil said.

"Yeah? Congrats! You succeeded... You guys are great!" Rey mocked them again by clapping his hands.

"Rey! Why are you acting like this? What happened?" Vicky asked taken aback at his behaviour.

"What happened? Do you even realise what have you guys done?" Rey asked.

"Yes, we do and we are sorry for that..." Nil answered this time.

"And with your sorry, everything will be back to normal right?" Rey spat.

"We said sorry bro." Vicky said, irritated.

"What about the happenings that hurt Swayam so much? Will those be removed?" Rey asked and I lost my last strand.

"Stop it both of you! Stop it!" I shouted, pushing the chair with so much force, that it hit the ground with a loud thud. Everyone was startled by this sudden outburst.

"No Swayam! We will not this time... You have to say us what's your problem!" Vicky spat angrily on me.

"It's a girl dammit! It is a girl!" I shouted and soon realised what I had said. Shit! Pin drop silence in the room engulfed and everyone were shocked and froze on their places with wide eyes.

"You want to know right?" I asked and chuckled bitterly. I looked at them and I can feel my eyes moist but I blinked back the tears.

"It's a girl! The love of my life. The only girl I have ever fallen in love with. Yes, you heard it right! The famous Swayam Shekhawat, the business tycoon, the hearthrob of many girls, the famous business man that succeeds in anything he does, gets whatever he wants, sucks at his own fate. Alas! His luck with the love of his life is doesn't work. She left me, she left me here all alone..." I found my voice quivering in the end. I held myself from breaking and wiped the unshead tears brimming my eyes. I saw everyone looking up at me, with pity in their eyes. The thing I hate the most! I saw Rey coming towards me but I stopped him showing my palm.

"You know guys, the saddest part in life is saying goodbye to someone you wish to spend your lifetime with." I said in a voice void of any emotions and continued,

"It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can't have them in your arms..." I paused and chuckled at my words.

"Love can sometimes be magic but magic can sometimes, just be an illusion. And I realised with time that my love was just an illusion. A beautiful illusion that I will remember my whole life... You know guys, what's even more miserable is this..." I said pointing my finger finger down.

"This situation, I hate the most... Here my love and my life has become a topic for public discussion. Now you guys will pity me and have sympathy on me..." I finished and took a deep breath.

"No, it's-" Rey started to say something but I cut him in saying,

"Enough! I can handle my own miseries. I am thankful that you guys are concerned, but there's no need. Anyways, I think I said a lot more than needed. Sorry if I have hurt you guys. It's my hobby to go on and hurt anyone and everyone in my life." I just adjusted my coat properly and then just moved from there towards my room. I need lonely time now! That's the only thing which has been with me in my dark days.

I was about to keep my foot on the steps to my room but my mom held my arm and stopped me. I looked at her, her moist eyes alarming that she knew what has happened and she heard what all I have said too. I cursed myself for bringing up the vulnerability in me on my face today, in front of everyone. I didn't wanted to, but it happened. I felt overwhelmed to have a group of friends like this... Like a family! Who cared for me so much! Who were readily agreed to help me with my miseries, only if they knew they couldn't... I felt so important that moment that I scared if this would also leave me just like she did.

I managed a straight face and looked at ma. She held her palms against my cheeks and slightly caressed it. She then hugged me and I hugged her back too. I pulled back and she had fresh tears.

"Swayu, are you okay? I just heard what happened with Pia..." She said and relief washed over me. Does it mean she didn't hear me? I hope so she did not.

"I will be fine ma..." I said and faked a smile at her. I leaned in and kissed her forehead before resuming what I was doing... Going to my room, finding some alone time and space, crying myself to sleep.

_____

Third person's POV

On the other hand, after Swayam had left for his room, his mother had broken down into fresh stream of tears. She doesn't understand what had he done to suffer like this. She just wants her Swayam back!

She gets startled when she realises a hand on her shoulders and quickly wiped her tears, but it was too late. Too late for an audience that stood frozen at their places after hearing whatever Swayam said and even more shocked to see, their aunty, in such a state. She looked up and saw Rey holding her.

"Aunty you... You okay?" Rey asked her concerned.

"Ya...Yess I am..." She stuttered but managed to smile at them.

"You know aunty, you can share with us. If there's something bothering you." Rey said holding her hands and looking at her concerned, in a loving way, just like a son would. Hearing this, her tears again broke out.

"You know children, the girl Swayam was talking about was my daughter first and then his girl. She appeared to be an incomplete love story... Heartbreaking, yet filled with hope. Breathing, but not really alive in his life. Lost forever on a journey with no certain ends..." She said and suppressed a sob and continued,

"My Swayam was not like this before. He was all normal and happy in his life without any miseries. She came and made it more beautiful. They were like, made for each other couples. It was too good to be true and it broke just like some dream. She left him... The one who had promised to be by each other's sides, had to part. From then, my Swayam has changed. He engaged himself in lots of work and became a workaholic. He got himself busy so much that he didn't have time to think about her. He just built guards around him and doesn't let anyone break them. He is just doing all these things to fulfill her dream." she stopped and looked at everyone's teary yet confused faces.

"Yes. Actually the event managing company you guys are forming and operating is her dream. Don't you guys think that he is this rich, so why can't he just form one and appoint many servants to operate it? Well the answer is that, he doesn't want to. He want to live her dream, live every moment of it! He is damn serious about her dream and wants no flaws in it. That is why he freaked out so much for the fiasco that happened." she tried to reason and they seemed to buy her statement and she sighed.

"There's a boy, who tells the world, love is just loss of time. Who makes fun of love, calling it blind. But somewhere, for there is a story, he secretly wished, if he could rewind..." She said her voice heavy with the controlled sobs. By now, everyone had tears in their eyes. No one had ever imagined something this serious. After some time, Swayam's mom looked up at everyone and smiled.

"But I am happy that atleast he opened upto you guys a little. He is so lucky to have your backs. I hope you all will help him move on and enjoy the rest of his life. Thank you all so much for everything you guys have done... I am so grateful." She said and everyone replied that's it's nothing great and they just did because of friendship.

"I think I must take a leave now... It's getting late, you all should also leave. Good night everyone, and take care." She wished them and left for her room.

In the hall, everyone stood there not able to talk to each other, a bit shocked, bit emotional, they decided to leave. Everyone left without uttering anything or discussing anything with each other.

_______________

A/N

Hi guys.

So, how was the chapter? Interesting? Emotional? Let me know your views.

This chapter is the longest I have ever written with 4000 and above words! *happy dance*

One thing I wanted to ask though. I know this update is late, so do you guys want long updates on some 7-10 days intervals or short updates on regular and quick intervals?

Oh, I even forgot to ask one more thing. Did you like the nickname given by Pia to Swayam? 'My Cryptic Case'? Well, I wanna thank __Sassthetic____ for helping me setting a proper nickname. Love ya!

Let me know you views, comments and even suggestions, if any in the comments below.

Vote, Comment and Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 8.1K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
200K 6.3K 56
THE ROYAL COUPLE Meet Swasti Singh:- A Greek goddess with a unique personality, her life revolves around two things; Work and Family. A bitchy and ba...
757K 22.7K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
50.2K 1.4K 24
■ UNDER CONSTRUCTION ■ Rank ☆1 in Unspokenlove (for a long time...)???????????? ☆150 in fanficton 05-05-18 #153 in fanfictions 13/11/2017 ( Give...