Oh, Dakota.

By Live2loveU

School’s finally out and Elijah wanted nothing more than for his band to play gigs at his father’s new Bar, a... More

Oh, Dakota.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Author's note.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.

Chapter Forty One.

4.8K 117 14
By Live2loveU

Elijah Astor

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dakota was beautiful.

Absolutely, positively beautiful.

Even sweaty and sunburned, she had a glow to her that worked its way right through my bones and leaving my body begging for her.

The whole cheerleading squad was watching me, but I didn’t have time to be bashful. I didn’t have time to think about anything else, but Dakota.

She was on the ground, her eyes squinted and tinted a watery red and at the sight, my heart plummeted to my stomach. I didn’t like seeing her upset or distraught or in pain at anyway. I just wanted to go to her and take her in my arms.

But, she wasn’t ready for that. But, she’s going to be.

“Son,” Coach started, letting out a brisk sigh of annoyance. She walked towards me, pressing a hand into my chest, holding me back. “This is a private practice. I don’t know what your business here is, but you and your boys better back on up and head out of here.”

Her voice was stern and I knew disobeying would probably get me in a heap of trouble. And people would probably find my next move silly, because getting in trouble so close to the beginning of school is foolish, but Dakota was worth it.

Dakota’s worth everything.

I meet the Coach’s eyes. I almost flinched from the fury lying beneath there. Everyone knew about the cheerleading coach. She’s a harder ass than Coach Barnes of the football team.

“I just need to say something real quick-“

I was cut off by a wave of her palm. Her eyebrows slid down, crouching together. “No, you listen here, my girls have a lot of work to get done and I don’t have time for any hooligans coming up here and distributing me. You hear?”

I heard all right, but I wasn’t really listening.

Dakota was standing up now and she was watching me. The way her clover eyes looked at me made me feel warm all over. I felt like I was melting under the scorching sun right by the Coach’s feet.

So ignoring the Coach’s orders and her persisting, I signaled to my boys behind me.

I could just sense Tommy’s wacky grin. “Alright!” He yelled and the excitement and adrenaline rolling over him washed over me quickly, making me forget all the nerves I had.

The music started off softly. Luke’s guitar started it off, a slow, rhythmic melody and Tommy’s drums slowly drifted in, keeping the calming beat of the song.

The girls gasped and huddled closer, and Coach was still yelling, but my eyes were still on Dakota. I moved back over to the little platform we had set up and my fingers easily wrapped around the microphone stand.

My voice boomed over the field and I almost flinched back from the sound of my own voice. It was shaken and wobbly with my returned fears.

Damn those eyes.

“Dakota this one’s for you.” I said and then I was singing.

The roads are wrapped around your waist…they lead me from place to place…I take trips from hip to hip…in fact, I’ve made a career out of it…I always thought the left was your strongest side…but, when it comes to you I can’t deiced…it’s only a matter of time…”

I was surprised when my singing came out strong and confident and cool. The words drifted right out of my lips easily and controlled. I was putting all my emotion into this song, trying to tell her how I felt through the lyrics. But, even I knew no amount of words could describe what I felt for her.

Because, even I was still confused.

The girls were cooing in the background, but Dakota was silent. Her eyes were still sullen, but more color rose to her face, masking her golden skin in a pink residue.

I was glad to say I did that to her.

“It breaks my heart to see you cry…And baby, it's the only way I stay alive… Green eyes, blue skies…Natural disasters when she cries… Green eyes, they're mine… It's only a matter of time…”

“Like the climate…You never know what weather you'll get…No denying you're the habit that I can't quit…It's only a matter of  mine…”

My voice was getting louder now and I felt my heart racing in my chest, beating heatedly against my rib cage.

She was still staring, but her lily pink lips curved into a small oval. Her look made me dizzy and I swayed on my feet.

The music behind me was hurting my ears, but I couldn’t stop the lyrics from tumbling out anymore. And as I peered closer, I realized Dakota had begun crying. But her tears were quiet and slow, almost invisible. But, to me, she was the only person in the world right then.

I didn’t see anyone else and I didn’t hear everyone cheering us on or the Coach cursing out. All I could focus on was her.

Her eyes. Her hair. Her lips.

Just her.

The way her eyes glistened under the sun and the way her hair blew in the wind was killing me.

I wanted nothing more than to throw down the microphone and to stomp right up to her. I wanted to take her right in my arms, lift her up and kiss all the sense into her.

I wanted to yell at her.

I wanted to tell her to get over herself. That she’s not the only fucking person in this fucking world and she can’t tell me how to fucking feel.

She can’t leave me on a date. She can’t tell me to go to Stacey and to just forget about everything that happened between us.

She can’t fucking push me away. I’m done with allowing her too.

She’s mine now weather she wants to be or not.

“You're tainted, I'm shaking…I hope you turn around in time…Tide's changing, I'm waiting…You and I are one of a kind…”

“I've been a both of our fears…Over my sore ears… I still can't pick my favorite place…”

I picked up the microphone and moved closer to her.

“I need the product of your fears… In the form of tears…It's the only way I can survive…It breaks my heart to see you cry…And baby, it's the only way I stay alive…”

The song was coming to close by now, and I put more power into the words, begging her to listen.

 This wasn’t just a deal anymore.

I wasn’t just using her to get closer to Stacey anymore, because I don’t just want her; I think I might need her.

My head has been going crazy these past days without her. I miss her sarcastic remarks and her hot, little feisty attitude.

I just miss her.

And I’m not letting her go. She’s going to deiced how this ends, I know that, but I just want her to know how much she’s come to mean to me.

She’s more than what I thought.

And I love her.

Gently, my hand cupped the side of her neck.

Dakota’s face was beat red by now and it wasn’t from the sun. And the people around us had become nothing but a background. The world seemed to be shining a spotlight on her, making her bright and shine out to me. She was affecting me in so many ways right now that I couldn’t even keep up with all of it.

“Green eyes, blue skies…Natural disasters when she cries… Green eyes, they're mine…It's only a matter of time…It's only a matter of time…”

I dropped the microphone.

And before I could think about it, my other hand came up to the other side of her neck. And I couldn’t stop myself.

My lips were on hers. Her mouth was hot and her velvet lips mounded easily over mine.

She gasped, her breath leaving her in a silent pant.

I crushed closer to her. I felt weak and tingly all over. My skin was burning, searing across the seams until I was sure my skin was going to fall right off.

My heart was soaring painfully in my chest and I needed air, but I didn’t dare move. I only drew Dakota closer, loving the way she submitted to me. Loving the way she fell into me.

The kiss ended just as fast as it started. She gasped again and her palm pressed against my chest, shoving me away from her.

My eyes met hers; grey on green. They clashed together so fast and I saw the way her eyes were scared, her breaths leaving her in panicked pants.

“No, no, no.” She moaned under her breath and lifted up her free hand, the one not on my chest, to wipe away a raindrop tear. “This isn’t supposed to be happening. You’re not supposed to be here right now.”

I was aware of everyone watching us, but at this moment, with my hands still on her gorgeous face, I didn’t give a shit.

“But I am here. So, come out with me tonight.”

She let out a tender sigh. “Elijah, I can’t.

I groaned, frustrated. “You can. Dakota, please. Just give me a chance.”

“A chance for what?”

“To prove I won’t hurt you.”

She didn’t answer me. She stared at me with eyes so raw and innocent. She gnawed at her bottom lip as people around us began to cheer.

“Say yes! Say yes!”

“God dammit Dakota, kiss him!” That one was Tommy. Even Dakota smiled at that one. But, I only got a glimpse of it before it wiped right off her mouth.

She slid out of my embrace. “I’m sorry, Elijah. But, I can’t.”

She gave me one last fleeting, almost pleading look, before she was running. She was running off the field, and with each step she took, my heart fell further and further until it was no longer in my chest.

I was numb.

Coach was yelling. “Good going, Astor! I just lost my best girl! What the in the bloody hell am I to do now?”

The crowed was still quiet.

But, it disappeared as Coach rang her whistle, the sound painful and loud to your ears. “Six more laps! Move your lazy asses! You want to be cheerleaders or do you want to be losers?!”

And as she said those words, I came to the pitiful truth.

I was the only loser here.

And I never had been more hurt.

~ ~ ~ ~

I hope you guys liked this one. I tried real hard to make this chapter good.

There might be at least four more chapters until this is finished. Probably less, but I’m not sure. Comment, vote, fan! :D

The lyrics used in this chapter are from a song called Time by Cute is what we aim for.

I’ll try to upload the song in the sidebar, hopefully it works this time. *crosses fingers**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 69 15
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
1.5M 39.2K 73
[ Featured Wattpad Editors Pick ] "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝...
67.3K 1K 17
Sam & Piper have been best friends since birth. They've been each other's first kiss, first crush, and first date to a dance. But now, their in high...
188K 10.7K 32
Isabelle Holden has become a master of keeping up the good girl facade in order to keep her parents off her back and date the baddest boy in school...