What Becomes of the Broken He...

By raevynsagale

Tainted by her past, Amelia Roberts has struggled through a life of beatings and being raped by her step fath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Prom Night(part 1)-chapter 28
Prom Night(part 2) Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Graduation
Epilogue

Chapter 23

8.2K 354 12
By raevynsagale

"I don't think so!" Ethan said, his tone harsh. I look at him, surprised. 

"Ah, relax little bro. She wants to box, let her box. She can take care of herself." Shane said. Ethan turned to him, glaring some more. 

"You are not boxing my girlfriend." Ethan grimaced. I walk over to him and give him a smile. 

"Ethan, Shane's right. I can take care of myself and you have no idea how much i used to fight. I haven't fought in so long. I need to let off some steam." I said. He didn't smile. 

"No." He said. I rolled my eyes. 

"Eth-"

"I said no." He murmured lowly, making his words final. He takes my hand. "Let's go." Without another word or a backward glance, he dragged me out of the gym. He was walking so fast i practically had to keep up with him. What the hell just happened?

"Ethan, slow down will you! Jeez." I said. 

We were by the gazebo and he stopped and turned to face me, his expression serious. 

"Look, i'm sorry if i'm....overacting or whatever. I'm not jealous," I give him a look and cross my arms over my chest. yeah okay. "Okay maybe i am. But that's beside the point." He shook his head and took a moment to think. When he spoke, his voice was low, maybe even angry? "I don't want you...boxing my brother." 

"Why? Are you doubting my mad skills to fight?" I joke. 

"I'm not laughing. I'm serious. I don't want you...fighting. At all." He murmured. 

Confusion hits me. Where is he going with this? "Why?"

He took my hand and led us in the gazebo. We sat down on the bench. He kept  a good grip on my hand but didn't look at me. Instead, he looked at our hands. "When you told me..what happened to you when you were younger...." He face scrunched up. "I can't...i can't bear it if someone else hurts you. I mean," He lets go of my hand and gets up, pacing back and forth. "It pisses me off, that he did that to you... and your mom, God! I can't believe she would just..abandon you like that. Ever since you told me about him i just," He clenches and unclenches his hands, still pacing. Where was all this coming from? One minute we're talking about boxing and now.... "I want to kill him for what he did." Ethan says angrily. I sigh heavily and run my fingers through my hair. 

This is why i didn't want to tell him...or anyone for that matter. I didn't want them waisting their time, worrying about the past. I was trying desperately to forget it. 

"Ethan," I say, shaking my head. "Its over. Its the past. Just...leave it alone." I said. I'm tired of dwelling on the past, like aunt Helen said. Its time consuming and a waste of energy. Ethan stops pacing and looks at me as if i suddenly had three heads and a tail. 

"Leave it alone? How can you even say that  Amelia? He beat the crap out of you....he raped you!" His voice getting louder. I shoot straight up. Anger rises in me as his words hits me, memories flood through me while the tears spring. 

"I know what he did!" I exclaim. He blinks at my sudden outburst. I sigh and put my face in my hands as i sit back down. My hands run over my face and over my hair, resting on my neck. I sit up straight but look down. "I don't want to remember Ethan." I whisper. "I just want want to forget." I whisper desperately, looking up at him. his face falls and he kneels in front of me, his hands on my knees.

"I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean....i just...it pains me to see you, so closed off sometimes...to know that no one was there to help you." He whispered, his hand caressing the side of my hair. 

"I know. I was like that once. But i'm trying to get over it. I'm tired of living in fear and in anger." I whisper. "But what happened in the past made me into the person i am today and i wouldn't change who i am for the world." He smiles slightly. 

"Neither would i." He says. "I'm sorry." 

"Can you just...try and not let it get to you. Its a waste of time....trust me. I know." 

He sighs and then nods and leans up to kiss me. I grasp his face between my hands and kiss him back. We break apart. "I'll try." He whispers against my lips. He leans back and stands, taking me with him. 

He pulled me against his chest and hugs me to him. His face is in my hair as mine is in his neck. I kiss his neck as he hugs me tighter. I cans tad here with him forever. A funny smell hits my nose and i step back form him. 

"You smell." I tease. He laughs and throws his back. 

"Babe, i did just work out." He says, still laughing. I step away from him, scrunching up my face. 

"Yeah. Now i have to go shower." I said, walking out the gazebo. 

"Ah, really? Its that bad?" I heard him call. I laugh. 

I am almost to the back door when i feel arms go around my waist. I yelp in surprise as Ethan shifts me in his arms, so that he's cradling me to his chest. An evil grin takes place on his face and i know exactly what he's about to do. 

"Don't you even think about it!" I threaten. 

He just laughs and i feel him jump up in the air. My arms go around his neck instantly as i scream his name. We hit the water and i let go of him and swim tot the top. I take a big gulp of air as Ethan's head comes up. I move my wet hair out of my face and glare at him. He's laughing. Bastard. 

"I hate you." I said, moving through the water to the edge of the pool. i get out and sit on the wall, my legs still in the water. I'm still in my school clothes and i'm soaking wet! Ugh! 

"Ah c'mon babe. For what it's worth, you look hot wet." He says, grinning. 

I narrow my eyes at him. "Hasn't anyone ever told you? Flattery will get you no where." I said. He chuckles and swims to me. 

When he reaches me, he gets out and sits next to me. "Babe, it got me you." He says. 

I try and keep a straight face but i slip up and smile shyly. I do roll my eyes though. He's so cocky. Just then, i hear giggling and then we see the back door open and Mia, Emily and Rachel come out in their bathing suits. Mrs-Jane comes out too, smiling at us. The girls jump in together on the shallow side. I know Mia knows how to swim and so does Emily. They went to swimming lessons together and it was a good thing they had their floaty's on. I smile at them. This is a childhood i missed out on. And one i wished i lived through. I'm just glad Mia's living it. 

                                                           **********************************************

We were all at the table eating dinner. Jane cooked Shane's favorite, which was chicken alfredo. It was really good. Ethan had brought out a little table for the girls so they were eating on that while the adults ate at the big table. Shane sat across from me and Ethan and Jane and Mr.Dekard sat across from us. Shane and Ethan were bagging on each other and Jane and Mr.D just watched in amusement.. I heard my phone ring. I excused myself from the table to get it. It was on the coffee table. I picked it up, confused at the number. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Amelia?" I heard a yell. I flinched away from the phone at the yell. Jeez! 

"Yeah?" I said. I heard music in the background. Really loud music. And other people laughing and talking. I put my other hand to my other hear. 

"Amelia! Its Liza. Look, you need to come over. Its important." Liza said. 

"What? Over where?" I asked loudly. I felt like i was where she was already. The damn music and stuff so loud. 

"Your house. Its Mya. She's been drinking and-"

"She been what?!" I yell. Is this a damn joke? At our house!

"Drinking! And I can't find her anywhere!" She seemed a little panicked. 

I didn't have time to think. Ethan came in, probably because he heard me yell. I held up a finger. "Look, i'm coming over." I said and ended the call. "Fucking Mya." I said frustrated. 

"Whats-up?" Ethan asked. 

"We need to go. To my house. Apparently someone's throwing a party!" 

Ethan's eyebrows shoot up in surprise but he nodded. "Say no more. Your car or mine?" He asked. 

"Mine." I said. 

We said our goodbyes to the Dekards and then to the girls. I told Mia i was coming back and she went back to playing with EM and Rachel. I was so mad as we were driving to my house. How the hell could she throw a damn party? At our damn house? Is she crazy or what? What the hell! I hopped on the freeway and was bypassing cars like they weren't even there. 

"Whoa, babe. Slow down." Ethan said, gripping the door. 

I heard him but i didn't slow down. Mia wasn't in the car. I let her ass slide when she talked to me on the phone. I let her slide when she dissed me in the cafeteria in front of everyone and now... Hah! She had another thing coming! We pulled up at my house and the anger in me rose to its highest peek. Aunt Helen's car was trashed. Our front yard was TP'd and someone spray painted the wall. There were a bunch of cars on our block. I pulled in behind Aunt Helen and turned off the car. Just then, something splashed on my window. I hopped out the car and seen someone on my roof laughing. There were people everywhere. People on the lawn making out, up against cars, on my roof, by the porch....Ethan got out and i was pissed! i walked to the front door, which was already opened. Music was blaring out and people inside the house were dancing. A lot, of people! I stepped in and was shocked. People in my kitchen with  two huge kegs. They were counting for a guy who was upside down, drinking form the keg. A big stereo thing was by the tv. What. The. Hell. 

"Wow, your sister knows how to throw a party." Ethan said in admiration. I shot him a glare and he shut up. I looked back at everyone who were just dancing away. 

I walked through crowd looking for Mya. But found Liza instead. She had a worried look. 

"Did you find Mya?" I yell over the music. 

"No! I think she's with that guy!" She yells back. 

Aside from the anger i feel at Mya right now, worry spins through me. Big time. "What guy!"

"That college guy. Remember, when you picked Mya up early that day?" 

Realization hits me. I move past her and head to the hall way. Ethan grabs my hand but i don't stop. I look for Mya. I move past people in the hallway and head to her room. This house is mall, she can only be in one place. I open her room and find that guy on her, kissing her neck. She's sorawled out over the bed in her jeans and braw. There are cups everywhere in her room. She looks unconscious. Oh God!

"Hey!' I yell. The guy turns in surprise. 

"Get out!" He yells. 

Ethan moves first. He grips the guy at the back of his neck, drags him off Mya and pins him to wall, the side of his face flat against it. His hands are behind his back but ethan manages to keep a hand at his neck. His grip looks deathly. I run over to Mya. 

I kneel on the bed and pick her up by her shoulders Her head in my arms. I pat her face gently. 

"Mya. Mya. Mya!" I say frantic. Nothing happens. 

"C'mon kiddo. Talk to me!" I pat her face again and she moans and her eyes flutter. I sigh with relief. Thank God! But i know she's out cold. I lay her back down gently. I get off the bed just as Ethan turns the guy to me, he has his arms pinned behind his back. 

"What the hell did you do to her?" I demand to know. He just smiles. I hear a crack. 

"Okay okay! Shit! Ease up will you!" The scum says to Ethan. Ethan doesn't let up. "We were just having some fun." He says as innocently as he can. Something catches my eye on the floor. A pill by an empty cup. I pick it up. 

"What the hell is this?!" 

He says nothing. Then he winces and whimpers in pain. 

"Its a drug!" He yells. 

"What kind of drug?!"

"Rohypnol!" He yells back. 

Oh shit! I give Ethan a horrified look and he mirrors mine but grips the scum harder. I step to him. 

"You were going to rape my sister you sick bastard!" I yell and my right arm comes across fast, just as my fist hit him square in the jaw. It hurt but i've felt worse. 

"You bitch!" he spat. Ethan reacted quickly. He turned the guy and slammed his face against the wall hard. He did it twice and then turned him around to face him and punched him straight in the mouth. He gripped his shirt and lifted the guy upwards. I can tell Ethan's hits were hard. There was blood coming from the guy's mouth. "Alright alright! I'm sorry!"

"Who the hell did you get it from? Did you drug her?" Ethan demanded. 

"No. Some hot blonde chick did. Her friend. Said Mya wanted it and wanted me. She told me she already spiked her drink with it." He said quickly. 

That fucking bitch! Ethan head butted him hard and let him fall to the floor. His nose was bleeding. He cupped it and groaned in pain. 

"Get the fuck out!" Ethan yelled at him. The guy scrambled to his feet and ran out. 

"Watch her!" I ordered Ethan and walked out of Mya's room. Anger, hatred, loathing and everything else bad filling me. I look across the living to find barbie bitch. I finally see her, leaning up against my piano, a cup in her hand. She's talking to Brent. 

I make my way to the stereo and clutch the wire in my hand. I rip it and the music stops and everyone stares. But i don't give a shit. i got fish to fry. I walk over to Vicki who's still talking to Brent. To get her full attention i slap her cup out of her hand, hard. It spills on her dress, splashing her and brent. She gasps and looks up at me. 

"You bi-"

I slap her hard across the face. "You spoiled narcissistic bitch!" I exclaim. She cups her face. 

"Are you crazy?! This dress cost me thousands!" She exclaims. She stands straight, glaring at me with her ice cold blue eyes. I notice everyone got quiet but i don't care. Brent moves away. Coward. 

"You almost got my sister raped!" 

"So? Weren't you." She says as if its nothing. And i'm shocked. Mya said she didn't tell her but she did! Oh fuck this! 

I head butt her hard, my head hitting her pretty little fake nose. She gasps and blood is drawn. I don't stop. All the anger i've been holding in from her snarky remarks released. I punch her she falls to the ground. i get on top of  her and sock her across her face again and again. Before i do any real damage, i feel arms encircle my waist and i'm lifted off of Vicki. 

"You sick bitch!" I yell at her. She's on the floor, whimpering. Brent bends to help her up. "Get the hell out of my house! Everyone!" I yell, struggling to get free of whoever is holding me. I turn and its Ethan. No surprise there. No one moves. "GET. OUT!" I yell again. My blood is boiling right now. People start moving out of the living room and the kitchen and the hallway. I look at Ethan. 

"Make sure every one outside is gone. And get those asshole's off of my roof!" I order. I turn around and Vicki is just standing up. Liza holds her other arm and Brent has her too. The sight of Vicki doesn't please me and i want to kick her ass even more. "Get her the hell out or i swear...." They start moving and Vicki's face is red. Blood coming from her nose and the corner of her lip. That's what she gets. I told her ass any day anytime. I just held back because of Mya. Quickly, they move to the door. I don't watch them leave but instead go check the rooms. My room is clear. I open Mia's room and find a couple on Mia's bed making out. 

"Get out now!" I say in a menacing low voice. Their heads snap up and they get up immediately and leave. In my little sister's bedroom? You have got to be kidding me! 

I walk over to Aunt Helen's room and there's no one in there. Thank God! I go back to the front as Ethan comes in. I walk to the kitchen, kicking cups as i go. There's broken glass everywhere. cereal all over the counters. I pick up whatever i see first, a glass cup full of beer and i throw it right across the table. It hits the fridge and cracks, making a loud sound. I rub my face. This is just.......words fails me at this moment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 94 18
"Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you." Amelia Sampson has learned to cherished her life...
FACADE By AdeDoja

Mystery / Thriller

1.3K 202 74
Everyone wears masks, some to fit in, some for make believe, while some have no other choice than to. Catherine Amelia Collins, is the top nerd...
103 15 15
In the heart of New York City, danger lurks in the shadows of wealth and privilege. When 25-year-old heiress, Amelia Reynolds, finds herself tangled...
1.3M 33.9K 36
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 & 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭. 'No, you listen, Mae, When I said you were mine, I meant it... You got NO say when it co...