Chapter 11

I must have dressed in about five different blouses and shirts. Nothing seemed to feel right. I already had my good jeans on. I sighed and settled for an off the shoulder, loose yet tight shirt. The long sleeve shirt was a cream white and the left side was off my shoulder, exposing my skin and my tank top strap and it was see through. I had my cream tank top on the inside so i was good. I put on my dark brown combat boots. I don't do heels, at all. I brushed out my hair and clipped it back with my flower clip. I walked to the bathroom and i was satisfied. I opened the mirror and grabbed mya's make-up bag. 

Here goes. This wasn't the first time i wore make-up but it felt strange to be putting it on. I took out the eyeliner and put that on carefully, making sure it's not too heavy or too light but just right. After i was done i put on some mascara and then a little lip stick, not too much but just enough to make my lips pop. The color was Mystique Brown and it went good with my skin tone. 

I was finally done with my make-up. So i walked back to my room and grabbed a small gold box from underneath my bed. I pulled out the locket and pearl earrings. The locket i got from my dad when i was a little girl, it was gold and the locket was an oval one but decorated with little vines and flowers. I changed the chain to a bigger one when i moved here. In it, was a picture of him and me, when i was a baby. On the back was engraved 'Here Forever'. He gave it to me to let me know that even if he was way across town or in another state, he was always here with me, no matter what. I treasured this necklace with my life. It was the last thing he gave me when he left. I felt tears coming and i shook myself. I wouldn't cry. 

When i put it around me i grabbed the pearl earrings. They were medium sized and they were simple. They belonged to my mother. My dad gave these to her as a birthday gift. I took them when i found them on the floor of our old house. They were in her room, just laying there like a pile of trash. So i took it. I put them on and i was ready to go. I blew out a shaky breath and walked out of my room. 

When i came into the living room, i found Mia and Aunt Helen on the piano. 

"So, what do you guys thing?" I asked, making them turn around. Mia's mouth opened in an O. Aunt Helen clasped her hands together, smiling. I bit my lip, nervous. 

"Oh, you look so beautiful." Aunt Helen whispered. 

"Really?" I asked. 

She nodded and i could see tears spring to her eyes. Mia jumped off the piano and came towards me. "You look really pretty 'Melia. Better than Mya." She says, smiling. I shake my head. 

"She's right." I heard Mya say. I turned around and she was smiling, leaning up against the wall. 

"Thanks." I blushed. 

"I'm proud and surprised you managed to get dressed without my help and put on make-up." She teased. 

I laugh. "Like i ever needed your help in getting dressed." 

She laughs and we hear the door bell ring. I glance nervously at Aunt Helen and she smiles and gets up, walking towards the door. 

"Have fun Amelia." Mya says, walking back to her room. She probably didn't want to be seen in her Pj's with her hair all messed up. 

"Thanks." I call back to her. 

I hear the door open as i turn back around. Mia was all jumpy. I glanced at the door and seen Ethan, standing by the bar, flowers in his hands. He was wearing a white collard button up short sleeve shirt, dark blue jeans and a pair of new looking vans. He looked good, as usual. He drew in a sharp breath as i made my way towards him and Aunt Helen, Mia trailing behind. 

"Wow....you look," He was scanning me from head to toe. "lovely." He said, choosing his words carefully since he was standing in front of my aunt and little sister. I smiled.