Chapter 20

Ethan and I spent the whole day driving around, taking picture on my phone. We went to the movies and the mall. I told him i hated shopping and he laughed but it was no surprise to him. We went Go karting, which was totally fun for me. Only because i beat him. His ego was wounded and he wanted a rematch but he knew he couldn't beat me. I have a heavy foot and i drive like a maniac...but a good maniac. Then we went back to the beach and it looked like they set up a mini fair there. Wow, that was fast. We were just here this morning. We went on rides and ate funnel cake. Then played some games and he won me a stuffed white tiger. I loved tigers. We took pictures in a photo booth and that was a first for me.

But the fun ended when i checked my phone. Five missed calls from Mrs.Johnson. Oh shit! Mia! It was 3:00. Damn. 

"We have to go." I said to Ethan, who was eating his cotton candy. 

"Why?" He asked. 

"Mia." I said and pulled him to the car. 

We drove straight to Mrs.Johnson's house. When we got there he pulled up on the empty driveway then i hopped out the car, while Ethan put it in park. I knocked on the door. How could i be so stupid? Mrs.J opened the door. 

"I'm so sorry i'm late. I lost track of time." I said stepping in. 

"No worries. Mia's in Emily's room. She came out earlier because she thought you were here." She said. I slapped myself mentally. 

There is one thing i never forget to do and thats pick up Mia. 

"Mia." Mrs.J called. After a minute passed, Mia came out and seen me from the hallway. She ran back in the room and then came back out with her back pack. She ran right to me. We said our goodbyes to Mrs.J and Emily and i told her i would be picking up Emily tomorrow for the sleepover. We walked out, hand in hand, to Ethan's car. Mia stopped, confused i guess. 

"Its okay Mia. Its Ethan." I said, assuring her. She smiled. She climbed in the back and i buckled her in tightly. 

"Hi Ethan!" Mia sang. Ethan turned to her and smiled. 

"Well hello there little one." Ethan said. 

I shut the back door and got in the passenger seat.

We were off to head back home. I handed Mia my tiger. She smiled and started playing with it. We were almost there. 

"'Melia!"

I turned in my chair and looked over the shoulder. "Yes Mia?"

"How come you were late?" Mia asked. 

Ethan answered before i did. "Sorry about that Mia. It was my fault. I was distracting your sister." Ethan said, taking full responsibility. I looked at him, eyebrows raised. He winked. 

Mia didn't say anything else the rest of the way. She hummed to herself and quietly played with the tiger. When we got home, Ethan pulled up in the driveway and parked the car. Mia didn't fall asleep which was a good thing. I looked at my watch, it was already 4:20. Ethan made sure we made it into the house but stopped at the porch. Mia turned and hugged his legs. I smiled. 

"Bye Ethan." Mia said. 

Ethan patted her back softly. "Bye Mia. I'll see you tomorrow." He said. She let go of him and skipped in the house. I watched her go and then i turned back to Ethan.

"Thank you for today. It was a good....distraction." I said with a smile. He put his finger through the belt lops of my jeans and pulled me forward. 

"Your welcome." He said and dipped his head to kiss me. I made sure it was PG-13, fully aware Mia was watching because i heard her giggling behind the bar. I smiled and stepped back from Ethan. "i'll see you."