Chapter 18

I woke up to an empty house. Where the hell was everyone? Mia and Aunt Helen weren't in her room. Neither was Mya. I walked into the living room and found no one. Hmm. Did i wake up late? I shrugged and then turned to walk back to my room. But when i turned, i was slapped right across the face. I fell to the floor from the impact. Shit! What the-..... Oh my God! No! No! No no no no no no! I looked up into ice cold familiar dark brown eyes, almost black as night. His hair just as dark as i remember it, with a little grey. His earring still in place. The darkness in his features still lingers. Decan was here. Oh my God. I scooted back from his advance and backed up into the wall and i was unaware i was gasping as if i just ran a marathon. He picked me up by my throat, pinning against the wall hard. He cocked his head to the side, looking at me. I gripped his hands, gasping for air. He looked at my neck and reached up with his other hand. He tore my necklace off and threw it aside. 

He looked at me again while i was still gasping. He leaned in slowly, towards my ear. I felt his hot breath on me. He's going to kill me. I know it. 

"You can run, but you can't hide." He whispered threateningly in my ear. 

My eyes widened. Oh no! He raised his fist, his other hand still at my throat, and he abruptly brought it towards my face. 

I jolted up, gasping for air. My hand at my neck and chest. I was sweating bullets. I looked down and my necklace was still in place. Oh thank God! I shook my head, out of breath. I can feel my rapid heart beat. Oh! It was just a dream. Just a dream. I closed my eyes in relief and ran shaking fingers through my hair. I wiped the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand. 

That dream....seemed so real. It felt real. I look at my hands and see that they're still shaking. I clasp them together to stop it, but its hard. His words flow through me like venom. You can run but you can't hide. I shivered and threw my blankets off of me. I looked at my phone, it was 4:30 AM. Damn. I can't go back to sleep. I look around my dark room and immediately feel uncomfortable. I get up, shining my light to the switch on my wall, and i go to turn it on. When i do, i scan my room, searching....for him. I look in my closet and under my bed. Nothing. I sigh in relief. 

I start to pace back and forth in my room, still shaking. You can run but you can't hide. What the hell was that supposed to mean? I shook myself and then i got out a new pair of sweats, kind of like the Adidas sweats but without the striped down the sides. I quickly put them on and a new t-shirt. I grabbed my hooded black jacket and my phone. I called Ethan. I don't know why but i needed someone to calm me. And Ethan was the first person who popped up. He answered on the fourth ring. 

"Hello..." I hear his groggy voice say from the other end. I made a face. I didn't want to wake him so early but....i needed him. 

"Hey, um..I'm really sorry to wake you." I whisper, a little hesitant. 

"No its okay babe. Is everything okay?" He asked, more alert. 

"Yeah..yeah everythings...fine" I said. i took a deep shaky breath and pinched the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes. "I know its really early but...can you meet me at the beach? Please." I begged. I slapped myself mentally. Your overacting. He's not here! And now your bothering Ethan! My subconscious sneered. I shut her down and continue pacing. 

"Yeah, sure. Amelia...are you sure your okay?" Ethan asked, more awake then before. 

"Yeah. I'll just meet you at the beach. Be careful." I said and then hung up. I quickly put on my uggs, pulled my hood on and walked out the door, keys in hand. I went to brush my teeth and wash my face then went to dry it.

I walked to the front and quickly walked out the door without a backward glance. I hopped in my car and drove down to the beach at the speed of light. I'm surprised i didn't get pulled over. But i didn't care, i needed a breather. I needed to be calm. I needed Ethan. When i pulled up at the beach, i parked the car and walked down to the sand, where the big log was, still in the same spot that it was in on our first date. I stood beside it, facing the water. Hearing the waves crash up against the sand.