Fat To Fabulous

بواسطة xoxoAbbeyxoxo

April Phillips is your typical nerdy girl with her typical glasses, typical unruly brown hair, and typical ac... المزيد

Chapter Two: Run, Baby, Run
Chapter Three: New Looks
Chapter Four: Busted
Chapter Five: Victoria's Secret
*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
Chapter Six: All Eyes On Her
Chapter Seven: Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Ouch!
Chapter Eight: Treading On Forbidden Territory
Chapter Nine: Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?
Chapter Ten: Merry Christmas
Chapter Eleven: Trevor Off The Tracks
Chapter Twelve: Fakin'
Chapter Thirteen: Mutiny and Overthrow
New Queen vs Old Queen
Chapter 15: The Final Round

Chapter One: Opportunities

17.5K 391 185
بواسطة xoxoAbbeyxoxo

All rights reserved. No part of this story can be used or reproduced in any way. Do not copy the book, publication, or ideas with the author's written permission. Thank you!  

April's POV 

Beep, beep beep beep, beep. 

I rolled over on the side of my bed and shut of my alarm clock, reminding me for the third time this morning that I had to get up and get ready for school. I struggled to get out of my bed and let out a sigh when I finally stood up and slid into my bunny slippers. I trudged along to the bathroom and turned on the tap water to brush my teeth. As I looked up in the mirror, I couldn't help but to hate what was looking back at me. My round face was dotted with red pimples and my short brown hair was matted on top of my head that resembled a a dog that hasn't been brushed in years. 

I grabbed my pink toothbrush, squeezed some Colgate on it, and brushed for three minutes. I spit out the water and attempted to smile in the mirror. My teeth were nearly white, but it didn't help that my smile looked awful. I went back to my signature frown, undressed, and took a short shower before pulling on my school uniform. I hated the school uniform because it made look bigger than I actually was. 

Not that my real size was any better. I was just a little over 300 pounds and wore an XXXXL in all my clothes. 

I pulled my matted hair into a ponytail and grabbed my backpack with completed homework and headed downstairs for breakfast. I poured myself some Froot Loops and milk in my orange bowl and shoved a spoonful into my mouth. 

"Good morning, sweetie!" I heard my mother chirp from the doorway of the kitchen. 

"Is it really?" I replied, eating another spoonful of my cereal silently. I watched as she went over to Keurig and heated up a cup of green tea. She looked over at me and tilted her head to one side. 

"Are you sure you don't want to have some fruit and oatmeal instead, honey?"

Here we go again. Every day, my mother constantly reminds me of how fat I am and makes underhanded comments about how I should lose weight. I have always wanted to be thinner, but I never really had the willpower or the incentive. Although I did want to be skinny and pretty, I don't want it to be just because my mommy told me to. 

"No, thanks. I'm good." 

"Are you sure? It will help y-" 

"I said I'm good." I said, cutting her off abruptly.

There was a long silence before the lights on the Keurig started blinking. She spun around and placed her cup in it and pressed the "small cup" button. I looked at the watch on my wrist and realized that I only had ten minutes to reach to school before I was late. I ate the rest of my cereal and drank all my milk before saying "good bye" to my mother and walking out the door. As I walked down the street, I listened to the noise my feet made which each step. 

Plop, plop. Plop, plop. 

I plopped all the way to school and groaned when I realized that not only was I late, but I was ten minutes late, I sighed as I went to the main office to sign in and mark myself as late. I walked in and signed myself in. As I looked up, I met Ms. Carmine with a fake smile plastered on her face. 

"Late again, sweetie?" 

Wow, I didn't know I was late. Thanks for telling me.  But instead, I gave her a simple nod. 

"Maybe if you tried running, you wouldn't be late so much." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

She shrugged as she sent another fake smile my way. 

I glared at her and said nothing as I turned around and headed to my first class, which was Science. Unfortunately, it was on the third which meant that I had to walk up six flights of stairs. I stopped for breath on the second flight and hated how my legs rubbed together with each step I took. I started up the stairwell again and was so happy when I reached the third floor. I took another breath before walking down the hallway to Science. 

I knocked on the door and waited for Mr. Lombard to open the door for me. The door soon swung open and I immediately felt everyone's eyes on me as I walked in. Mr. Lombard said nothing as he watched me head to my seat in the back of the class. I clutched my bag close to me and avoided eye contact from everyone as I sat down. I looked down at my desk and saw words like "fat pig", "walrus", and  a picture of a circle with a face eating cake scribbled on my desk. I looked around and saw some girls silently chuckling behind their hands at me. I ignored them and pulled out my notebook, taking notes of what was written on the board. 

By the time lunch time rolled around, I was starving. I made my way to the cafeteria and went straight to the dessert section of the buffet that was laid out. I loaded my plate with cupcakes, jello cubes, and ice cream and made my way to a table in the corner of the lunchroom. I looked at my plate guiltily before I took a bite of my first chocolate  cupcake. 

"Slow down, April. There is more than enough food for seconds!" I turned around and met the face of a jock who was doubling over in laughter. I turned back around and wiped the corner of my eyes, preventing tears to fall. I will not let them get the benefit of seeing me cry. I know what you're thinking. Why don't I just ignore them? Well, it's hard to stay positive when you have been bullied about your weight and your eating problem for over 10 years. I hate when people always try to fake care and say things like:

Ignore the haters. 

You are beautiful just the way you are. 

Your imperfections make you unique. 

When in fact your imperfections don't make you unique. 

I always believed that your imperfections just made you that. Imperfect.

I looked up and stared as Carmen Davis walked in the cafeteria with her cheerleading squad following her like baby chickens behind their mother. I stared at her while she got her lunch. I admired her long black hair that was always neat and shiny, her high heels that she walked effortlessly in, and her perfect smile that made everyone stop and stare. I had always admired Carmen ever since I knew her first name. I even went as far as to go on her Instagram and to blow up my favorite pictures of her in a secret corner of my room, In my dreams, I was her best friend that she shared all her secrets with and was made beta in her clique. 

I know what you are thinking. I'm a stalker. I'm creepy. What kind of person does that? Me. 

I quickly looked down before she noticed I was staring at her and continued to eat my cupcake. As I looked down, I realized how huge my thighs were and how much my stomach flopped over them. I also noticed that I took up nearly three seats at the lunch table and sighed. Me wanting to be skinny was about as real as pigs growing wings.

I wish I was skinny. I wish I was beautiful. I wonder what it must feel like to have confidence. As I decided that I was finished with my lunch, I got up to throw away my tray but fell when a boy stuck his leg out and tripped me, causing me to lose my balance and fall. As I tried to get up, I felt something cold and wet being poured unto my head  and travel down my hair, face, and body. I looked down and realized it was chocolate milk. I heard hoots of laughter come from everybody in the lunchroom, and soon heard the clicks and beeps of students taking pictures and video footage. I got up and looked down at myself, then at them before throwing away my food and running out of the cafeteria to the girl's bathroom. 

When I reached in one of the stalls, I locked the door and released the tears from my eyes and allowed them to drip unto my jeans. They were right. 

I am ugly. 

I am fat. 

I am gross. 

And the worst part is, there was no way to avoid them. 

Carmen's POV 

As I watched April run out of the cafeteria, my heart softened for her. She was constantly being bullied, made fun of, and ridiculed. I always stood in the background and watched everything unfold, but after this, I couldn't hold back anymore. Although I was a cheerleader, I wasn't like those girls that just ridiculed everyone else just because they can do a back walkover. 

"Let's go, girls." I said, standing up. 

"Carmen, what are you doing?" Jessica said, standing up nevertheless. 

"Just follow me." I said nothing more as I walked over James that was doubled over in laughter along with his idiot friends. I heard the rest of the girls follow me and stand behind me as I towered over the group of idiots laughing like they were bing tickled to death. 

"What's your problem?" I asked him. "Why are you such a jerk?" 

"Oh, look who's sticking up for April!" James said, laughing even harder has if it was the funniest thing he has ever heard.  "Look, Carmen, why don't you just go paint your nails or somethi-" I cut him off by delivering a sharp right kick to his stomach with heel of my stiletto that caused him to fall to the floor. I watched as the rest of his friends instantly shut up and a look of fear crossed their faces. 

"Anyone else?" I said, daring someone to say something. 

"I thought so." I said when there was silence. I turned on my heel and went to the bathroom where April ran off to.  

April's POV 

As I continued to cry in the bathroom stall, I soon heard numerous footsteps enter the bathroom. I closed my mouth to not let whoever entered the bathroom here my cry. I wasn't willing to look that weak in front of anybody.  

"April?" 

I placed my hands over my mouth to prevent any sobs or words to come out. I knew that voice. That voice belonged to Carmen Davis. I know she wouldn't come in here just to find me. 

"I know you're in here, April. Come out." 

As I heard her open the doors of each stall, I heard her try to push mine until she realized it was locked. Meaning I was in here. 

"April, come on out. Please?" 

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I replied. "Why?" 

"I just want to talk to you. Come out." 

"Who else is here with you?" 

"Only a few other girls." 

I rubbed my hands over my face to wipe away my tears and I unlocked the bathroom door. I allowed the door to swing open before I walked out and stood in front of her. I immediately felt inferior to her. Just her persona was enough to make someone feel secondary. 

"Can you leave us alone for a second?" She told her friends, who instantly did as she said and left the restroom. 

"Are you okay?" She said, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I shook my head. "No. Why would I be? I have chocolate milk in my hair and just got humiliated in front of the entire cafeteria." 

"Don't listen to them. They're idiots." 

I shook my head as I said nothing. 

"What can I do to help?" I looked at her, taken aback by what she just said. Did she just offer to help me? Carmen Davis? 

"Nothing." I told her. There was one thing I wanted to ask her, but was too afraid to. 

"Nothing?" She said, leaning against the bathroom sink with her hands supporting her. 

I looked down and turned away from her, holding my head in my hands on the sink. "There is one thing, but you would laugh at me if I asked you." 

"Try me." 

I stood up straight as I said, "I want a makeover." 

She looked puzzled for a moment and placed her chin on her hand, thinking for a moment before she finally nodded and said, "I'll do it. But under one condition." 

Right now, I was desperate for anything to be made over by Carmen. This was an opportunity of a lifetime for me and I as willing to do anything. I nodded quickly. 

"You have to do exactly what I say, when I say it. So when I so jump, you say....?" 

"How high?" I answered. 

"Exactly. Now are you sure you want to do this?" 

I nodded quickly. "I'm positive." 

She got off the sink and fixed her hair in the mirror. "Meet me tomorrow after school by the park and we will talk. And bring a pen and paper." 

I replied "yes" before watching her turn and leave the restroom, stopping to smile at me and closed the door behind her. I smiled for the first time that day as I realized I was finally getting the makeover that I have always wanted for my entire life. I was so excited and couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. 

Carmen's POV 

As I walked out of the bathroom, I closed the door gently behind me and smiled. I knew how much being made over would mean to April, and I wanted to be the one to create her into a queen bee. 

"What happened in there?" Monique asked me, walking beside me. 

"What happened," I said. "Was me agreeing to give April a makeover." 

She stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder. "Are you serious?" 

"Serious as a heart attack. We are going to make April into the most beautiful girl that this school has ever seen. 

"You mean besides you?" Jessica said. 

I laughed as I linked my arms through theirs and headed home, excited about tomorrow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hi, lovelies! I this is a new story and I hope you enjoy it as you continue to read. If you like this story, please vote and comment what you think. Don't forget to share this story with your friend and fellow Wattpadians. Later! <3 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

122K 4.6K 32
At sixteen, Beth Evans was used to living a solitary life. "The Clones" were a group of perfectly pretty girls in school who preyed on Beth's insecur...
116K 1.7K 34
Introducing Ariana Blake, the reigning queen of Sterling High, who seemingly has it all. With her stunning looks, influential family, and ability to...
230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
54.1K 2.4K 44
Julie Roberts is a straight A student, who is too serious to be involved with guys. Her life long ambition is to get into her favorite university, Ch...