Soundwave's Daughter

By SoundwaveWfC

~On Hold!~ Heavily editing Fallon Paige Rodgers is what you'd think as a quiet girl. Her dad, Seth Rodgers, o... More

Fallon
Life
Decepticons
Nemesis
Sleep
Again?
Talk
Track
Anonymous
No Way....
Father
Vincent
Never
Awkward

Racing

1.7K 55 52
By SoundwaveWfC

When I made it back into the main room, making my way to the catwalk, I was caught off guard as I was picked up from behind; relieved beeps and whirls greeting my ears, drowning out my squeak. 

"Fallon! There you are, where were you?"

I turned around and looked up at Bumblebee and his large blue optics, "I'm okay Bee, I was just getting some alone time in the halls." 

"Why didn't tell you us? We thought you taken again!" 

"I'm sorry, Bumblebee, I know I should of told someone, but you know how I am with Decepticons, I tend to attract them like flies." I replied, smiling innocently.

His optics widened and he beeped excitedly before looking at his human charge, "Is she understanding me or is she just really great at guessing what I'm saying all of a sudden?" 

I tensed as I realized that could understand him, looking around the base to find everyone watching us in surprise, no one was translating for him and his voice was one I never heard before. "H - how can I understand you all of a sudden?"

The yellow Autobot looked at me and I could see he was almost smiling.  "You can understand me!"

Y-yes I can, Bee," I stuttered, confused at the possibility of it all. How could I understand Bumblebee? I never could before, not even close to what I was understanding now. 

Bumblebee seemed to realized my stutter and his expression changed into one of concern. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, swallowing past the lump in my throat. "Of course, I'm I-I'm surprised that's all. What happened to the Decepticon?"

"He went back to the Decepticon ship, he wanted to give us some information on energon mines nearby." Optimus answered, watching me closely as Bumblebee sat me down on the ground, "Fallon?"

I looked up at the Autobot leader, "Yes, Optimus?"

"Do you by chance know the Decepticon that was here?"

"I first met him on the Decepticon ship when I was captured with Fowler and then that time in the woods, but other than that no, no I don't. Why?"

"Nothing to worry about, Fallon, thank you."

I glanced around at the others in confusion before nodding, "You're welcome?"

I climbed the stairs to the catwalk and leaned on the back of the couch to watch the boys play their racing game with Miko, but I couldn't shake Optimus' question or the reason how I could suddenly understand my mute friend with his unique way of speech like he was talking English.

"Hey, Fallon, are you okay?"

I was brought out of my thoughts by Jack and I found him watching me worriedly, "I'm fine, thank you for asking, Jack."

He handed his remote to Miko and stood up, "You look like need some air, do you want to go for a ride?" 

I was about to decline the offer as I watched Miko excitedly race against Raf but decided that it wouldn't hurt to get some air and nodded, "Yes, I would like that, Jack, thank you."

He smiled at me and led me to Arcee, "No problem, it's what friends are for."

While Arcee transformed, after accepting our request, Jack handed me a helmet.

"Thanks."

"Safety first."

I smiled faintly as I put the helmet on, "Safety first."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I laughed as Jack and Arcee dropped me off at the house and looked up at the building, I wasn't ready to be home which was new for me, then back at Jack and smiled. I pulled the helmet off my head and handed it to him, "Thank you so much for a wonderful time, both of you, I appreciate it a lot." 

"No problem Fallon, we don't mind, right Arcee?" 

"No, it's always nice to take a drive once in awhile, goodnight Fallon. I'm glad you had fun."

"Night guys, thanks again." I said, waiting for Jack to retrieve his helmet.

He shook his head, "Keep it for next time."

Blushing, I stepped back onto the sidewalk, holding the helmet by its chin strap and waved as Arcee drove away with Jack waving back at me.

I was still smiling as I quietly walked into the house, kicking off my shoes as I went up to my room, swinging the helmet back and forth as I hummed Photograph by Ed Sheeran. 

"Well, aren't you happy this evening."

I turned to find Dad watching me from the bottom of the stairs, my smile didn't waver, "It's just that I had a nice day today."

"Oh?" He raised a brow, leaning against the banister, his gaze shifting down to the motorcycle helmet dangling from my hand, "Some boy take you on a ride?"

"No, Jack did, he said I looked in need of some fresh air and took me around town, it's nothing serious to worry about; he was being a good friend."  

"Is that it?" He chuckled at me, "let me guess, he told you to hang on to that for next time as a free opening, saying he's willing to do it again?"

I sneered at him, growling, "Well at least it's Jackson and not some alien disguised as a human or something like that."

Dad tensed ever so slightly at my words, "Fallon -"

"At least he's   to hang out with me." I interrupted, "Before him, Miko, and Raf I had no one; so I'm sorry if I'm acting giddy for a simple act of kindness . . .  you leaving had effected my life more than you imagine." I turned around again before he could question me farther and closed my door behind me as I entered my room, locking the it as I heard my father's footsteps come up the stairs. 

"Fallon."

I ignored him as I set the helmet on my desk and grabbed another pair of footwear, a pair of black combat boots, and shoved them onto my feet before tying the laces with a double knot to ensure I wouldn't trip on the long laces or that they could untie. Grabbing my gray jacket, I eased my window open carefully and climbed onto the roof, closing the window enough so I could get back in when I came back; turning, I grabbed the vines that were growing on the siding of the house and began my descent towards the ground. 

With a soft thud, my feet landed on the ground and I shrugged my jacket on before approaching the street, zipping it up. I had heard of illegal drag racing outside of town and always had the curiosity to watch, I knew it was dangerous but I've been a good girl for fifteen years, why not let one night belong to the bad girl that I knew lived deep inside me screaming for a chance of freedom. 

When I found the drag race, I was awed at the expensive cars that were lined up to race with people checking out the contender's vehicles and I made my way into the crowd that surrounded a yellow hot rod; bets were being thrown left and right around me as I walked away, noticing a late comer and headed over to the vehicle to check it out before the crowds noticed its arrival.

The car was a red Aston Martin with white and silver pinstripes and yellow rims, I gave a low whistle of appreciation towards the money that must of been spent for the entire vehicle, "Wow, now that is a car."

I circled the car slowly, silently reading the license plate, resisting the urge to brush my fingertips across the body of the car as I looked into the tinted windows and studied the roof of the car; finally I gave into the urge and dragged my fingers gently across the hood as I inspected the headlights and grill. 

"Like what you see?"

I jumped at the baritone voice that came from the car and blushed, taking my hands off the frame - he might not want fingerprints all over the hood of his expensive car, "I'm sorry, yes, you have quite a fine car sir."

"Thank you, I like to look nice when I drive around, almost like another piece of scenery to drive by."

"Time well spent, I think you might be able to pull that off, hopefully your wheels will awe the others into submission and let you have an easy win."

A rich laugh erupted from the  car, "That would be something I'd like to see, girly, but I would have no competition."

I shrugged, "No one would be able to scratch this marvelous paint job though, I have to say, this is a very nice color by the way."

I could of sworn I felt the car vibrate with pleasure at my compliment and I heard the driver sigh, "Thank you! Finally someone appreciates the paint!"

I couldn't help but smile, this had to the most out of character conversation I had ever had, but yet I found myself continuing on, "How could someone not appreciate a car this appealing?"

"I never thought a hu- I mean, someone would understand."

I shrugged as I heard someone announcing the race was going to begin and shoved my hands into my pockets, "Well, good luck out there, knock 'em out."

As I walked away I heard the Martin's engine rev, "I am a knockout, aren't I?"

I smiled, shaking my head, I may had filled the driver's head a little with too much air, he better win, I did not look forward to seeing him angry if he lost. 

I was fascinated with how fast my heart was beating and I knew it wasn't from the anticipation and adrenalin from the race, it from talking to that driver with the red Aston Martin. Talking to him seemed to come natural, which was something since talking wasn't particularly something that was easy for me, and to a stranger no less. Being away from him actually made me feel empty, like a part of me that I never knew I had was missing. What was this feeling? Why for a stranger that I didn't know? 

Shaking off the feeling, I set my full attention to the race. 

When the first car crossed the finish line I was glad to see it was the red Aston Martin, smiling at the driver's win,  I looked at the time on my phone and decided I had better start heading back home. 

"Hey!"

  I spun around at the familiar voice, ignoring the flutter in my chest, and smiled as the Martin rolled to a stop beside me, "Nice job at that win, you were a knock out."

"I was, wasn't I? I came to ask if I'll see you next week for another race, I'd hate to see my little fan not cheering me on next time."

I laughed, "I can try, but if I can't I'll be cheering for you in spirit."

He chuckled, "Do you need a ride into town? Save you some time from a walk."

I might of had confusing feelings when I was around this person, but I wasn't dumb. 

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll decline for now, maybe next time I see." I paused and laughed breathlessly, "What should I say when I cheer for you? What do you want me to call you?"

"Just call me Knockout."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 110 22
||ENDED|| Thank you guys so much for reading my cringe! I owe it to all of you ^^ !!WARNING!! If you are below the age of 13, please refrain from rea...
10.2K 72 19
The long-awaited first installment in my Transformers sequel trilogy is here! set ten years after my DOTM rewrite, with the war over and the deceptic...
12.7K 611 20
Faith and Kyle are normal kids. Orphaned by a "car accident" back in their home town and country Canada. Kyle has autism and Faith is boarder line AD...
109K 4.4K 97
A semi-ordinary teenage girl who has had to fend for herself for many years due to emotional neglect from her parents, taking part in an underground...