Family Ties | JJK

By thirstae-hyung

"Why can't you admit that you love me?" He begged. "Because in my world- in this world- love gets you killed... More

01: Chance Encounters
02: Save Me
03: Night Visits
04: Criminal?
05: 3 Questions
06: Home
07: Scared?
08: Side by Side
09: Sexual Tension
10: Sleeping Arrangements
11: Just a Kiss
12: Sweet Dreams
13: Like Magic
14: Beware his Wrath
15: Please Stay
16: Jimin's Vendetta
17: Your Embrace
18: Make Me
19: Painted Skin
20: Bloody Nightmares
21: Midnight Blue
22: Taken
23: Healing TaeTae
24: Don't Stop
25: Recovery
26: Family Ties
27: Hyperthymesia
28: Skin Deep
29: Broken Boy
30: Fight or Flight
31: A Father's Tale
32: His Reminder
33: Night Of Pain
34: Never Leave Me
35: Stolen Voice
36: Touch (Smut Warning)
37: Twisted Message
38: Jungkook's Fight
39: An Exchange
40: Jimin's Love | Yoongi's Fear
41: The Devil's Deal
42: Double-Cross
43: Black with Evil
44: Game Over
45: Pandora's Box
46: Vantae | Agust D
47: Are You Scared?
48: Sweet Fang
50: 'I ran it'
51: Saved Me
52: Our Forever
53: Coming Home
54: Serendipity
55: The Spaces Between Us
56: Love Me Loudly
57: Love Languages
58: Shatter Me
59: All Our Pieces (18+)

49: 10 Seconds

1.7K 87 64
By thirstae-hyung

**

The blaring drone of the fire alarm pierces the night in an instant. Cutting through the air and blasting through your ears, the onslaught of the alarm louder than your own thoughts, it was the only sound you could hear- oppressive and disorientating.

'Jungkook!' You try to shout above the noise, luckily he just about hears your voice. Turning quickly he looks over to you where you motion frantically.

'What?' He tries to understand your waving arms.

'Move away from the door, and get down, get as far away as possible. Move!' You shout rudely, not caring at the moment for anything other than his survival.

You flatten yourself against the wall as much as possible, 'If the door opens- don't move. Don't draw any attention and they shouldn't notice you straight away, they will probably leave without us anyway, don't breath the smoke in for as long as you can last.'

You had been in a situation like this before, the acrid smoke burning your throat and blistering at your skin. You just hoped the fire hadn't engulfed the whole building yet, whilst you worked on a plan.

Jungkook's eyes find you in the dark, illuminated by the moonlight, worried and fearful. You're thankful for the darkness, it was the perfect cover to hide in plain sight.

'Let the dark hide you, if they come for us... Then they should come past you, straight towards-' Straight toward me.

The chaos and shouting were progressively getting louder.

Your situation had just got ten times worse, and Jungkook didn't understand these things.

'Y/N what do you mean let them go past me, that means you're the first target, I won't-'

'Jungkook.' You shout quickly, there was no time for this. 'Get back against the wall!'

He doesn't.

'Move.'

He won't.

'Get away from the door!' You cry out now, desperate and sobbing at the boy to protect himself over you.

You know he won't.

So when the door is flung open, shattering against the wall, he is flung backward and slammed against the wall, ties loose around his wrists.

You scream and throw yourself forward to protect him, but you can't reach, your restraints slamming you back against the wall- helpless.

**

The fact you can't protect Jungkook kills you. You watch, as too many bodies enter the room. The now open door streaming in harsh light.

You see the men go straight towards Jungkook, and you think this is it. You lost. And you can't bear it. you fought for so long, your whole life had been one light fight for survival- self preservation. But without Jungkook, what was the point in fighting to live?

They were here to kill you both, as the building burned and crumbled around you.

But through your teary lashes, you don't see the end. Calming your panting breaths and harshly wiping your face you blink again and see them lean down, and- could it be?

They begin to untie Jungkook.

Two men walk towards you. Immediately you back up, spitting out profanities and threatening them with images too vulgar for your mouth.

'Touch me and I will cut out your tongue and feed it to your partner.'

They don't hit you or bring out any weapons. They come slowly with their hands up, a gesture of peace and trust and the universal sign for, I'm not going to hurt you.

But you're skeptical, and when you see the others begin to take Jungkook out the room you lose it. Thrashing and pulling your wrist restraints.

'Leave him alone!' You cry out savagely, 'bring him back now or I will end your bloodline,' you spit out.

The guy moving towards you hesitates, drawing back at your words, his partner shrugs in a screw this sort of gesture and, taking a knife out he lunges- for a split second you screw your eyes expecting pain and then...

You feel a tugging at your wrists. Leaning forward on one knee, he cuts off your restraints quickly, and as he cuts through the last tie he removes his mask and looks into your face.

You freeze in uncertainty, a second away from bolting to find Jungkook and fighting with all you have. But then they say three words that stop your heart.

'Yoongi sent us.'

And you almost collapse in a mess of relief, because you're saved.

Holding you up, a million questions run through your mind, mainly you're thinking, Yoongi what the hell?

But one thought stops you from asking, Jungkook.

Eyes wide you turn to the two men left with you. 'Where did you take him?' You demand.

The more laid back one, who cut your ties, grins darkly and smiles, 'We didn't take him, we rescued him, he should be on the way to our meeting point now, which,' he looks at his watch, 'we have 2 minutes to reach, before this building is collapses with us still in in.'

Not needing any persuasion you pushing through them to get into the main meeting area and the sight that greets you is devastating. Blood, and lots of it, bodies passed out in various states of injury mean nothing to you, the two men push you to begin moving.

One of the guys looks at his watch and picks up the pace, you're running and breathless, the night quiet and eerie, where is everyone else?

'If we don't get out before they come back we never will.' He shouts to his partner.

You take in what he said and push yourself to move quicker, you won't be trapped here. Hurtling downstairs the two follow you because of your familiarity with the building.

'Where's the meeting point?' You shout, never slowing for a second.

'A street away, the side alley at the back of the building.' One of them stutters out.

You swear under your breath, great, so close to the main entrance. You curse and swing a sharp right, pushing through double doors you turn and head straight for the back, not waiting for anyone. You would escape.

The night air greets you as you crash through the final pair of doors. Your lungs burn and your legs are about to collapse, on the brink of exhaustion you grit your teeth and push yourself forward, towards safety, and towards Jungkook.

The van, barely visible in the night, waiting for its men, doesn't leave when you throw yourself into the back.

You scramble in the van, pushing bodies aside, frantically panting you push the words out through your deep breaths.

'Jungkook!?' You shout him. Heart racing when you get no response. 'JUNGKOOK!' You shout again, kneeling in the van, voice trembling, eyes furiously scanning every face.

You don't see him.

**

'Where is he?' You scream into the night, voice hoarse. The men look to their leader, sitting in their midst, you turn to give him your full attention.

'You took him! I knew I couldn't trust you, what do you want?'

The man shakes his head at you, voice calm.

'Calm down sweetie, you will give us away, if you hadn't noticed were missing two men also, the ones with Jungkook, they must have been held up.'

You lunge away, planning to dive straight back into the chaos when three sets of hands grab you. You his and turn, looking for a fight, but all eyes are on the boss.

He looks at you in mock sympathy. 'Sorry, we have to bring you back sweetheart, you're staying right here.' You buck from within the many arms that hold you down but you can't gain an inch.

'Heat sensor is going crazy boss, time to get the hell out,' the driver calls from the front.

You scream then, twisting from their grip. 'We are not leaving!'

One of the guys stares at you unblinkingly, 'Every man for themselves- they know the code- we all do,' he says as if it was so simple.

'Jungkook isn't like us,' you spit back. 'He's better than us, he's good and pure, and we will god damn wait for him.' You snap furiously. They stand and sit around grim.

You wish you had some sort of weapon, some leverage to make the driver stay and wait

The one in charge looks at you, probably guessing at your thoughts, and to be honest, if it came down to it, you would fight them all... And he knew it. You silently stare him down.

'We leave in 30 seconds.'

You grit your teeth, jaw tense and knuckles white. Not long enough, you think bitterly.

Turning your face out of the van, staring intently at the exit doors, counting the seconds down in your head, aware of the many bodies tense and ready behind you. You knew you had no chance of running.

'20 seconds.'

You bite your lip until you draw blood, hands fisted against your sides.

'10 seconds.'

'Okay, we get it!' You growl behind you, getting in the one man's face, a sense of recklessness pushing you to the edge, Jungkook still wasn't here, you needed to do something.

'3 seconds... Start the engine.'

'No. Wait!' You shout.

The engine roars to life.

'2 seconds.'

'That's it boss, let's go?' The driver questions.

The boss swallows and the air stills around you, blood rushing past your ears, body screaming at you to move, you're heart stops for that single seconds pause until you get your answer.

'1 second...'

'Go.'

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

582K 35.8K 70
Jimin is a poor, innocent and gorgeous boy from busan balancing two hectic jobs while trying to survive in this cruel world with his dream of dancing...
1.1M 43.5K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...
52.2K 1.8K 35
"I killed your dad" "I know" "You know!?? Then why the hell didn't you stop me" he yelled. "Because I love you idiot" • • • Yoongi being the danger...
3.2M 150K 35
"Why can't you just admit that you like me?" you piped, grinning evilly. "Because I don't," Jungkook snapped, jaw clenching, "and I never will." - Yo...