Noctura

By joongalez

In a dark world, humans live among creatures known as Nocturas. These creatures live and thrive off of the li... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five

sixty seven

10 3 0
By joongalez

seungyoon

THE HOSPITAL is crowded with people wounded from the war. Some of them are soldiers and fighters, others are civilians who wanted no part in the war but somehow ended up wounded and in the hospital.

Despite this, we get Teagan a room.

She's sharing it with someone else, but that's fine. As long as she's in a bed, hooked up to a monitor, fluids and medication being administered to her through an IV, it's okay.

She's still unconscious. The doctors say it's because of her loss of blood, dehydration, and shock. They got her a cast for her wrist and bandaged her shoulder up better. They say she should wake up soon, in good condition. But not good enough to fight anymore.

She's lying on the bed in her tattered clothing. They weren't able to get her into a hospital gown since the hospital is crawling with tons of people. They just got her jacket off and cut open her shirt where the wound on her shoulder is.

Her eyes are closed, and she seems to be breathing evenly with the oxygen tube around her nose. There's a bit of blood on her left temple, right at her hairline.

Despite this, she looks okay. And I'm glad she's okay.

Minho cares about her and that's because Seunghoon does.

And if they care about her, I do too.

I grab the writing pad and a pencil from the small table next to Teagan's hospital bed and begin writing out a small note for her for when she wakes up.

This message is important. It contains information I just received moments ago, and I am putting the information in Teagan's hands. I know she will do what she needs to with it. For now, I have to do other things. She will have time for this.

Once I'm finished, I leave the notepad on the table, the pencil right next to it.

"Hey, I got some water."

I turn around and see Jinwoo. I quickly thank him, taking a water cup from him. I down the whole thing in a few seconds and then throw it into the trash bin.

He finishes his and looks at me expectantly.

"We have to get back out there," I say.

Jinwoo nods. "I had a feeling you were going to say that."

He throws his water cup into the trash.

I look back at Teagan, silently praying she wakes up soon and is okay.

But I know she will be.

Without another word, Jinwoo and I leave the hospital to rejoin the fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361 14 21
Following the loss of a friend, real-life monster hunting cousins go on a journey to find out what their fellow hunter was planning and what led to h...
155K 11K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
32.2K 1.2K 27
Book #3 Third book in 'THE JEONS' series When Hoseok told you that your brother was still alive, it set a fire in you. You have to find him. There's...
7.3K 758 44
{taekook zombie apocalypse ff} it was now their world... a new world that they now controlled. those flesh eating creatures, with their black decayin...