Family Ties | JJK

By thirstae-hyung

"Why can't you admit that you love me?" He begged. "Because in my world- in this world- love gets you killed... More

01: Chance Encounters
02: Save Me
03: Night Visits
04: Criminal?
05: 3 Questions
06: Home
07: Scared?
08: Side by Side
09: Sexual Tension
10: Sleeping Arrangements
11: Just a Kiss
12: Sweet Dreams
13: Like Magic
14: Beware his Wrath
15: Please Stay
16: Jimin's Vendetta
17: Your Embrace
18: Make Me
19: Painted Skin
20: Bloody Nightmares
21: Midnight Blue
22: Taken
23: Healing TaeTae
24: Don't Stop
25: Recovery
26: Family Ties
27: Hyperthymesia
28: Skin Deep
29: Broken Boy
30: Fight or Flight
31: A Father's Tale
32: His Reminder
33: Night Of Pain
34: Never Leave Me
35: Stolen Voice
36: Touch (Smut Warning)
37: Twisted Message
38: Jungkook's Fight
39: An Exchange
40: Jimin's Love | Yoongi's Fear
41: The Devil's Deal
42: Double-Cross
43: Black with Evil
44: Game Over
46: Vantae | Agust D
47: Are You Scared?
48: Sweet Fang
49: 10 Seconds
50: 'I ran it'
51: Saved Me
52: Our Forever
53: Coming Home
54: Serendipity
55: The Spaces Between Us
56: Love Me Loudly
57: Love Languages
58: Shatter Me
59: All Our Pieces (18+)

45: Pandora's Box

1.8K 92 46
By thirstae-hyung

**

Back at their house the six boys face each other, looking but not seeing, thinking but not processing, feeling but completely numb.

Devastation lines the faces of every single boy, each person in utter despair, blaming themselves as survivors grief rips them apart.

It was my fault...

I should have done something...

I could have helped...

I should have saved her...

It's my fault...

My fault...

A spiraling whirlwind of despair, grief, pain, and sorrow. A tornado of emotion building within the boys, threatening to destroy them all.

What were they going to do? How would they get you both back? What if it got out? The chaos it would cause would be astronomical. They could imagine it now-

'BTS's Jungkook kidnapped by Seoul's most notorious and deadly Mob Boss.'

**

'Okay. Everyone needs to pull themselves together,' Yoongi states, staring around the room at the members, heads hung, shoulders dropped in defeat. 'Now.' He hisses. That makes them sit up and pay attention, startled by the venom in his words.

'Listen to me carefully,' his every word is emphasised, painful against the heavy silence shrouding the room. 'We have to get Jungkook and Y/N back... And soon, before anyone finds out either of them is missing.'

'Yoongi, what can we do?' Namjoon cries out. 'This is bigger than us, bigger than all of us... Perhaps... We should call the police.' He admits in despair, voice breaking.

'No!' Yoongi shouts, startling everyone with the sudden exclamation. 'Don't you get it? Don't you realize the reason Y/N got captured?' He stares at everyone's blank face and runs his hand through his messy hair in frustration.

'The police betrayed us- it's obvious. They set us up, they let Y/N go out there as bait whilst they knew they weren't going to help, they left her to be taken.'

Seven variations of surprise, anger, disbelief, and shock grow increasingly more aggressive with Yoongi's words.

'How did you know?' Hoseok mutters, a quiet rage forming behind his eyes, clear for anyone to see, his radiating anger was similarly present in the body language of everyone else.

Yoongi sighs and his eyes drop in stark admission of the facts- 'Something didn't feel right, ever since we had gone to the station and returned,' at this Jimin gazes at him sharply, remembering their conversation- and their argument- in his room, about this very topic. It seems now, that Yoongi had been right, Jimin was beyond angry, guilt and fear eating him from the inside out. He couldn't stop thinking, he had urged Yoongi to not panic, to trust the plan, to let Jimin comfort him- God, he thought, he had tried to talk about his feelings. Whilst all the while Yoongi had been right- and Jimin tried to convince him otherwise.

He felt sick.

'So I did some digging, pulled a few favours and made some calls...' His eyes grow dark and hooded.

'And?' Jin urges him to continue, needing the truth, no matter how devastating.

'Within the police department, I found a web of dirty connections- money bribes, blackmail, family threats... And it all led back to one organisation,' the six look at each other in terrible understanding- 'the Mob, Kang Sun.'

With the name the atmosphere drops, Jimin slips out a strangled gasp from behind shaking hands.

'Of course, then it all made sense. I knew the police weren't going to help us, the moment we sat down in front of them we were betrayed, they probably made a call the moment we left, letting Kang Sun know our plan.'

'But they're the police!' Namjoon cries out, a bittersweet thread of hope still in his heart, he wasn't like Yoongi, he hadn't grown up on the Daegu streets, his truth in authority was still naively in place. And Yoongi knew he had to shatter that innocence if they were to have any hope of rescuing you.

'It doesn't mean anything Joon-ah, trust me,' he says with kind, understanding eyes, 'many organisations are corrupt, and the police are no different.'

'It's true.' Tae states, in a deep voice, his face strangely hard and unforgiving. 'With them being the top Mob in Seoul, it makes sense they would have a deep connection in places no one can find...'

'And we led them directly to Y/N, a time date and location, it couldn't have been easier for them.' Yoongi finishes.

'But.'

'No Namjoon. The police were never coming, we were set up, we failed the moment we stepped into the station.'

'So what do we do now?'

Silence.

Jin and Namjoon sit bodies touching, finding strength in one another. Hoseok looked deadly serious, eyes swimming anger and rage. Yoongi sat next to Jimin, who had, part way though Yoongi's story, subtly moved to take his hand into his own, a silent apology for not believing him, and for Yoongi, his touch calmed him, kept him grounded in this mess.

Across from them, Tae was lost in thought, so deep into his own mind, he wasn't responding to anyone. You could almost see the shake of his body as he fiercely hunted down answers. Inside his head he was planning, he would get you both back, Jungkook, his brother, and you, his best friend. He had seen how close you and Jungkook had got, you needed each other, they could all see that, and now he couldn't imagine what was happening to you both.

So he sat and analysed and planned harder than he had ever thought before.

**

Hours past and no one moved, no one wanted to leave without a plan, it was as if the moment they got up and walked away from the bubble they were all sitting in right now would burst, and they couldn't face reality.

The reality of what horrendous abuse the two of you may be facing right now, as they sit in this very moment.

So they focus on what they could possibly do. Assessing every possible option, and shooting down each failed one. It was only when Taehyung spoke up for the first time that a plan wasn't immediately given up on.

He looked almost regretful for what he was about to say.

'Yoongi-hyung,' the tone of his voice draws unanimous attention, his voice was guarded and heavy with the implication of what was to come.

'Yes?' Yoongi turned away from Namjoon, angling his body towards a guarded Tae- his expression giving nothing away.

'I know we don't talk about Daegu.' The six all became even tenser- if that was possible, breath bated, muscles taut.

'I know it was rough, and we did things we don't mention, but hyung, for Y/N and Jungkook, I would do anything, would you?' His question holds a hint of a challenge in it, and Yoongi forces himself not to rise to the implied meaning. Of course he would do anything. But what Tae was asking? It was suicide.

'What you're asking is impossible.' He says flatly, no one needs an explanation of why- they all knew.

'No it's not.' Tae argues back, surprising everyone. Their silent stare down is witnessed by the other four. The members itching to diffuse the situation but knowing this was between Tae and Yoongi.

'You know we can't expose those old connections, our future could be put in danger, everything we've worked for-'

'Without Jungkook we have no future,' Tae explodes.

'We're not Bangtan without every single one of us,' Hobi replies gently, trying to help, taking tae's side of the argument.

'He's right Yoongi-ah,' Jin says- as the eldest, he could use his sway to advantage in situations.

The group had always respected that Jin had never pulled that card, they were more like brothers of the same age than anything else, but his tone now definitely has an implied power enforced, and it was oh so needed right now, as they all tilted on the edge of destruction.

Yoongi sighed at everything, knowing he was about to open Pandora's box. 'I'll do it, the question is, will you?

'You don't have to ask,' Tae replies instantly, his voice confident, albeit shaky. Everyone holds their breath not wanting to consider the impossible, did they have a chance?

'How quickly can you get it done?' Hoseok asks seriously.

'And how dangerous is it for us all?' Namjoon adds bleakly.

'By tonight,' Tae answers looking at Yoongi for assurance- who nods grimly. 'Together with both of us, they can't say no,' Yoongi agrees, eyes never leaving Tae's face.

Taehyung relaxes slightly, 'How dangerous?' He pauses emphasising the deadly question Namjoon asked. 'Like you can't imagine.' He grins devilishly, a slumbering part of his old life waking up in the heat of the danger, flames licking across his alight eyes.

It is only Yoongi who stays grounded, but just as intense. 'The situation is delicate, but to hell with it, I don't care, I want them both back, no matter what.' With his words, Tae stands.

'Let's go then.'

Yoongi gets up, sensing the others twitching he speaks, 'You don't have to worry- We will get it done.'

Seokjin laughs drily, 'We're worried about you two, Yoongi-ah,' he says, looking at Tae with a depth of worry and fear, 'You're treading stormy waters.'

With that warning, the two walk away...

Away from their brothers.

Towards powerful old friends and dangerous memories.

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.5K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...
526K 20.9K 50
**DON'T READ IF THIS IS CONTENT YOU DISLIKE SO READ THE WARNING BEFORE CONTINUING** **UNDERGOING EDITING, CHAPTER'S MARKED WITH โœ” HAVE BEEN EDITING...
5.9K 343 12
when he was the sassy , beautiful and bold prince Whom everyone wants but him being Surrounded by his 5 bulky, possessive And scary brother protector...
243K 9.3K 30
|| Status : โ˜‘|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" ใ€ŠWARNIN...