Soulmates

By AnneMiley

Chloe Beale a nineteen year, self-confident girl, is on a summer holiday with her parents, brother Luke (24)... More

.Prologue.
.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.27.
.28.
.30.
.Epilogue.

.29.

1K 30 3
By AnneMiley

I've been pacing around for like one hour now in front of the room where Chloe lies. Every detail goes through my mind. What if it's a prank? What if Chloe's dead and her parents are in there to talk about her funeral? But what if it isn't a prank? What if I walk in and she doesn't want to see me? I know Amy said that Chloe asked for me, but what if that is a prank too? Will they really do that to me? The girls all know what Chloe means to me. I don't even know what to say to Chloe. I want to tell her how I feel, but I know I can't. She's way to special for me and I don't want to ruin our friendship. What to do? I just can't survive if I step inside the room and see that Chloe's dead. The scratches I made on my arm a few days ago, are healing but are still visible. Well, to someone who pays attention. My phone starts ringing and I see that it's Amy. I take the call, but don't say anything. I can see the door opening and hear Amy asking where I am.

Closer than you think. I say through the phone, what makes her turn around. When she sees me, she runs over to me, while ending the call.

,,Beca, how long are you standing here?"

,,About one hour."

,,Why didn't you come in?"

,,I don't know, I panicked. I mean, what if she doesn't want to see me anymore? How can I be sure she's really awake and that you guys aren't just pranking me."

,,You think we would do that to you?" I shrug my shoulders. I really don't know what I did expect, but I just calmed myself down after a small panic attack. ,,We don't prank you with this. We all know how much Chloe means to you. Now come on." Before I can chicken out, she already pulls me inside of the room. ,,This one was standing outside this room for one hour."

,,Aw Beca, why would you do that?" Emily looks at me.

,,That's not important." Amy looks at me. ,,We will leave you two alone." All the bellas nod and leave the room.

,,Becs." Is the first thing I hear and her voice warms my heart.

,,Hey Chlo." I take a step forward, just to be sure she's really awake. ,,Is this for real?" I pull out my hand and carefully touches her cheek.

,,Yes Becs, I'm here." The moment she has said that I throw my arms around her and hold her close. I've missed her so much!

.Chloe's point of view.

I've never seen Beca like this, but I like it. She's so vulnerable and I'm glad she can show that side of her to me. She's still the badass that she was and always will be, but this different side that nobody gets to see often is really cute. And I can for sure tell that I've seen this side more than the other bellas, but I don't mind.

,,So, the girls told me you've been in here the whole period I was lying in that coma. Thank you for that, Becs."

,,I'm so sorry!" I hear her say and I look at her with raised eyebrows, while she sits down on the chair next to the bed. ,,I haven't been here the whole time. They lied to you to protect me."

,,Protect you from what?"

,,Well, they don't want us to fight. I couldn't be here all the time."

,,Why not sweety?" Oh, my god. I've missed Beca so much and I missed all our nicknames too!

,,Because it killed me to see you like that." She starts to cry now, which makes me startle a little bit. She doesn't show people this side either, except me. I try to reassure her, but it's not working.

,,Becs, it's okay." I try, but that makes Beca go out of my arms. I miss the warmth of her body against mine already. She gets up and starts to walk and breath faster. She needs to stop before she'll get a panic attack.

,,No, it's not okay. You got hurt because of me."

,,What?!" I yell startled. ,,No Becs, why would you say that?"

,,Because it's true. A day before the accident, we had a huge fight."

,,About what?" Now she looks at me.

,,Wait, you don't remember?"

,,No, should I?"

,,What do you remember from the accident?"

,,Nothing. The last thing I remember is you walking away from me, but I have no idea why. We are close right? You're still my best friend right?"

,,Oh, my god! Excuse me for one second." And she walks away to the other girls. Did I say something wrong? Did I offend her? A few minutes later Beca returns with Aubrey, Amy, Emily and Stacie. They all have a worried look on their faces.

,,Becs, if I've offended you, I'm sorry." I don't want her to be sad, not because of me.

,,You didn't offend me, but I'm sorry to say that you have a little bit of amnesia."

,,Amnesia? I know who I am!"

,,Yeah, but you lost every memory of our fight, of the pregnancy test and of the whole accident."

,,I didn't lose the memory of the fight, because I know you walked away from me." I repeat Beca's words and my eyes get bigger. ,,Wait, pregnant?!" Beca looks over to Aubrey. ,,You don't try to tell me that I'm pregnant from Tom aren't you?" They don't say anything. ,,Oh, my god. Am I really pregnant from Tom?"

,,You are," starts Aubrey and looks at me. ,,I was with you when you did the test and Amy found out after me."

,,What did the test say? How long was I pregnant at that moment."

,,The test showed you 2-3 weeks, so that means -"

,,I know what that means. So one month ago I was three weeks pregnant, which means I'm pregnant for almost two months."

,,Yes, that's true."

,,Was that test after the fight?" They nod. ,,And did I told Beca?" Now they shake their heads and I turn my gaze to Beca. ,,If I didn't tell you, how -"

,,I found out when you laid here in a coma. Doctors came in and told me that you and your child were okay." She says and I can hear her voice break a little.

,,I'm so sorry that you didn't hear it from me. That must've been hard."

,,Yeah I didn't like the news at first, but now I'm happy for you." I raise my eyebrows at the comment. ,,You always wanted to have a family of your own and now you have the chance to be the best mom of the entire country." I let out a giggle.

,,I don't want to be with Tom tho. How am I going to do this all by myself?"

,,Hey you won't be alone. You have us, the bellas. We're family." Aubrey grabs my hand and smiles.

,,Are you going to live with us in the bellas house?" I look at Beca, but she shakes her head.

,,I can't."

,,Why can't you? What's wrong?"

,,I can't ruin our friendship by living with you in one house." She takes a deep breath and looks me in the eye. ,,I can't control myself around you. I know I'll fall apart because you broke my heart."

,,What did I do or say?"

,,You chose Tom over Beca." Emily says while Beca turns around.

,,If that's true, I probably only did that because I had a feeling that the test was going to be positive."

,,That's why I have to leave." Okay, now my heart just breaks a little bit.

,,Leave? Where are you going?"

,,LA."

,,What?! Only because of me?"

,,Not only because of you."

,,Most part of it is my fault. If I just had chosen you, you wouldn't leave."

,,Maybe, but you need to think about your child and do what's best for it. Every child needs their father in their lives."

,,But Tom doesn't want to be a father."

,,He has no choice. Look, I don't only leave because of you, but also because of Hollywood Records."

,,Did they hire you?" Beca nods. ,,That's great news."

,,Thank you. It was an easy, but difficult decision."

,,Why difficult? Being a music-producer is your dream."

,,You really don't get what I'm trying to say to you huh?!" Beca gets frustrated now.

,,Don't get mad at me, I'm sorry if I -"

,,Stop saying sorry! I'll always forgive you for everything you do, don't you know that by now?" I look over to the other girls, but they're completely silent. ,,Ugh, I can't take this any longer." What is she talking about? ,,Chlo, I love you, do you hear me? I am in love with you. Damn, I am crazy in love with you. I don't know what to do about it, because I know we can't be together. I need to protect myself and be away from you for a while. You should try it out with Tom, for your unborn child. Just arrange a co-parenting with him." 

,,Why do you think I would let you leave? Have you thought about us?"

,,There is no 'us' Chlo. We are best friends, but you have chosen yourself that our friendship will become nothing more than just friends. Please just let me leave and try to start a career. I will keep in touch, but please just don't make this any harder than it already is." I can't say anything and just nod. Beca says goodbye and goes out of the room.

,,When is she leaving?" I ask Aubrey.

,,In about three weeks. And then she will be gone for the next four years." I nod once again, while I start to cry. Four years without Beca? Why do I feel this hurt?  Why is my heart breaking into a million pieces?  I've ruined my friendship with Beca, but I only did what I thought was right. Maybe I made the wrong decision? There's one thing I'm certain of right now... I need to get my memory back.  I need to know where our fight was about and if I have really hurt Beca, how I'm going to fix that, because the last thing I want is to lose her. She means a lot to me and a life without her in it... I can't even imagine that!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 5.2K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
85.7K 1.8K 18
Beca is new to the Bellas and is staying firmly by Amy's side. Chloe finds the new girl cute and decides she wants a part of that. Chloe makes Beca f...
2.2K 391 15
چند گام لازمه تا بتونی صاحب قلب کسی بشی؟ سوال سختیه ولی آیا جلوی جونگین عاشق رو میگیره؟ ژانر:رومنس_فلاف_زندگی روزمره_اسمات کاپل ها:سکای و با حضور افت...
11.1K 293 30
Clarke Griffin awaits to meet the Commander of the 12 clans, known for being ruthless and lethal. After much conflict, they decide to make peace as s...