Star Wars IX- Balance Of The...

By BethBee83

Following the events after The Last Jedi. "Just a dream, it was just a dream," she says aloud attempting to c... More

Character Casting
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Dream
Chapter 2- Rey and the Resistance
Chapter 3 - Supreme Leader Kylo Ren
Chapter 4 - Colonel Poe Dameron
Chapter 5- The Supreme Leader and his Knights
Chapter 6- The Nightmare Revisited
Chapter 7 - For Her, All for Her
Chapter 8- The Assassin Makes her Move
Chapter 9 - The Kiss
Chapter 10 - Fighting Together Again
Chapter 11- The Embrace of Pain
Chapter 12 - The Escape Plan
Chapter 13 - Within The Cell
Chapter 15 - Jakub and the Initiative
Chapter 16 - The Trial
Chapter 17 - Back on The Millennium Falcon
Chapter 18 - Hux and his Assassin
Chapter 19 - Welcome to the Resistance
Chapter 20 - Executions
Chapter 21 - The Grey
Chapter 22 - The Plan
Chapter 23 - Preparing
Chapter 24 - Leaders of Old come Together
Chapter 25- Russan
Chapter 26- So it Begins
Chapter 27- Battle of the Force Users
Chapter 28 - Ending the First Order
Chapter 29 - Saving Rey
Chapter 30 - Prisoner Hux
Chapter 31- An End to it All.
Epilogue - The Dream is Real
A note from your humble author
Chapter 21a- The First Time
Original artwork

Chapter 14 - Supreme Leader Hux

2K 53 20
By BethBee83

Hux found the Supreme Leader's Quarters aboard the Supremacy ship to be more sparsely furnished than he'd had imagined. Ren held few personal effects; there were a few clothes, nothing very telling. The only item of significance and particular value sat on top of a table, the remains of a helmet, the helmet of Darth Vader. Hux peered down at the remains, intrigued. He'd heard the stories, the Galatic Empire's most celebrated warrior turned traitor. Vader had murdered the Empire's illustrious leader, Emperor Palpatine, to save his son, the supposed hero of the Rebel Alliance Luke Skywalker, the Jedi Knight. The infamous Sith Lord had by all accounts been terrifying to behold and with a temper that Hux found familiar in Ren. Ren appeared to have followed in his grandfather's footsteps. A disappointment to the cause, turning traitor as Darth Vader had, murdering his master, having been swayed by emotion for another. Unlike Vader, it was not Skywalker that had swayed Ren from his path, but the scavenger girl who'd murdered Snoke with Ren. Emotional attachment of any kind was a weakness, something Hux neither understood nor had time for

Hux would have Ren's room cleared and make it his soon enough, not that it would take very long. He headed towards the throne room, which was directly linked to the quarters and escape shuttle. Hux approached the throne, removing his gloves to feel the cold, smooth metal. He sat; this was his moment, and he was savouring every minute to imprint it on his memory permanently. Yes, he could almost feel the power this throne offered. He breathed deeply and purposefully as he surveyed the room from this vantage point. Hux had considered the trial and subsequent execution of Ren and the girl being via holo; the throne had holo commands allowing communication virtually to anywhere. Hux understood the value of the HoloNet from the Empire's propaganda. He wanted the trial to demonstrate and display power, as Starkiller Base had been when he'd destroyed the New Republic.

The doors to the throne room elevator opened, and General Kail, General Valax, Vice Admiral Renor and Grand Admiral Skalick departed one after the other. These senior members were his most active supporters. However, Hux was unsure of General Kail and General Valax's loyalty, especially if a situation threatened his position or theirs. He'd informed them all of Ren's capture, the torture he'd kept between himself and Chromia. He'd tasked them with finding a suitable place for the execution, the preparations for the war to follow and most importantly, finding the location of the Republic. He sat on the throne, hands placed strategically on each side as they walked towards him, and when they were close enough, he nodded. Grand Admiral Skalick was a tall, thin man with a narrow, pointed face. He'd previously been one of Hux's father's men but now supported Hux after Brendol's untimely demise. He spoke first.

"Supreme Leader, I believe I have found the planet on which the execution can take place".

'Supreme Leader', Hux truly enjoyed how that sounded, to have it said to him rather than him saying it. He waved his hand so that Skalick would continue.

"Planet Ruusan. It's a barren planet, so will be safe for our forces to land on. It's the site of an old battle, so unlikely to have any Resistance."

"Ideal Grand Admiral, you've done well. I leave it to you to prepare all our forces to head there. The trial will be held here as a formality before the public execution".

As Hux said here, his hand pointed down at the throne; he wanted the trial to be here in the throne room itself. Hux believed that to be particularly fitting as this was the site of the previous assassination and treason. It had been on the former Supremacy, but that was inconsequential.

"Grand Admiral, I also want an inventory of our ships and ground weapons. I want to be fully prepared for this war. I rely on you and Vice Admiral Renor to assist me with our strategies for the ground and air attacks."

Grand Admiral Skalick inclined his head. Hux surveyed the others, all standing to attention.

"Do we have any information regarding the Resistance? The Republic? We know that False Princess is leading them, but where?" Since Hux had taken over leadership, prioritising destroying their enemies had become renewed, something the leaders in this room endorsed.

General Kail responded first, "Supreme Leader, we've looked into this matter as requested; however, our sources are giving conflicting information."

Kail was a short woman who was incredibly intelligent and had trained in multiple forms of combat. Kail was harsh in nature and looks. Her hair scraped off her face in a tight bun, and her eyebrows were so fair she looked as though she didn't have any. Looking at her was disconcerting; she was so difficult to comprehend.

Hux raised one eyebrow; this was not the news he wanted to hear. He wanted results, and quickly, the execution would be the catalyst to spur their forces into the final solution, ending the Resistance and the Republic. They had no StarKiller Base, but that didn't concern Hux. They would rely on their superior forces and their superior weapons to gain certain victory, not to mention they far outnumbered the Resistance. The execution was the perfect propaganda to trigger a heightened sense of destruction and duty in the troops, and he would need to utilise that energy quickly, but they needed a destination. Until a destination was achieved, the execution and subsequent war would be dead in the water. He was so invested in his plans he hadn't considered that it might take some time to locate the Republic.

General Valax now spoke. The complete opposite of General Kail, Valax was a huge man. Enormous in height, very broad and incredibly muscled, his uniform seemed to strain against his every movement. Every feature of the man's face matched his body- large dark eyebrows, a large nose, a tight mouth and a square jaw.

"Supreme Leader," Valax's deep voice boomed around the room. "What General Kail means to say is we've had information from multiple sources with multiple locations for the Republic. On the surface, it doesn't appear to correspond, but we believe this means the Republic is separated on several planets. They've obviously made a strategic decision in order to make them more difficult to destroy".

Hux nodded his understanding, clever.

General Valax continued, "We have however had several confirmed reports that the main Resistance is on Ealor. How would you like to proceed, Supreme Leader?"

Some good news, Hux considered. No Republic but something on the Resistance. They would need more information to be sure.

"Have scouts check out the validity of Ealor as the Resistance base. Continue to get information, General Valax, and keep me informed. I want to know where the leader of the Republic, that Princess, is. We need to know both before the execution can take place. Vice Admiral Renor, make sure all ground troops and pilots are prepared once this information is verified".

Vice Admiral Renor had been silent throughout the entire meeting, quiet but observant, his pale eyes never leaving Hux. Another older member of the leaders but ruthless, his thin grey hair made a distinctive widow's peak across his pale, stern face.

"Yes, Supreme Leader," Valax and Renor spoke in unison.

"Grand Admiral Skalick, I want you to aid General Kail and General Valax with hunting the Resistance down."

Grand Admiral Skalick inclined his head again. This veteran of the Empire didn't talk unnecessarily; he'd been commanding so long the slightest movement of his hand or face spoke volumes. His Captain and subordinates upon his ship had learned to decipher these inclinations through years of service.

The doors of the Throne Room elevator opened behind the officials with a mechanic hiss, and Hux looked up. A chrome stormtrooper walked towards the group, holding a silver staff, the red cape flowing behind them. The corner of Hux's mouth turned up slightly to one side as she approached. Behind her, the six dark-clad Knights of Ren followed. Hux could see the leaders in front of him stiffen their stances slightly. Hux's bodyguard and her Knights made them nervous- good. He had these leaders' support, but it didn't hurt to have such warriors to make sure that support continued. For Chromia, Hux stood, the First Order leaders moved aside, and she strode to meet him.

"Supreme Leader, you're prisoners are on board. They have been," she paused, "treated as you requested."

Chromia, Hux knew, was referring to the injections to make sure Ren and the girl were still unable to use their powers. Hux had been delighted with how things aboard the Dreadnought had gone, pleased even. He'd sadistically enjoyed watching Ren's torture. The only thing that had been a problem had been the girl. They'd used every kind of First Order strategy to get information from her and failed. The one time Ren might have been helpful. Hux had to admit that some Force abilities were extremely useful, and reading minds had undoubtedly been one of them. Ren had never failed when interrogating prisoners to acquire the desired information, well, until the girl. No matter. It was only a matter of time till they got what they needed, and then he wouldn't need the information from the girl.

"Leave us," Hux demanded, eyeing his leaders. With a curt nod, they all departed briskly.

Cromia turned her helmet-encased head towards the knights that had followed her; they moved to the sides of the throne room, silent and ominous. She then turned back to face Hux; he was looking down at her expectantly, not speaking. She removed her helmet, letting her red hair free. Hux was disappointed to see the wild hair had been tamed, braided, running down from the top of her head and ending in a coil at her shoulders. Hux genuinely smiled then, for the braid reminded him of a snake. He stepped towards her; he had become reliant on her advice and judgement. Her company gratified him. He was surprised by how much he enjoyed looking at her feral face. The stark contrast of the red markings on her skin contoured her features and her flame-like eyes. She bore back at him with those fierce, blazing eyes. Hux felt they were actually burning him, for he could feel the heat on his skin. Hux had never felt an attachment for anyone or anything, but if this creature were ever to leave him, he would miss her he felt.

"Everything is ready for the execution of the prisoners, Supreme Leader."

Hux revelled in how she said that- Supreme Leader, she almost purred the 'r ' lingering on Supreme before continuing.

"You acquired it then? May I see it?" He asked, brimming with excitement.

She turned and nodded to one of the Knights, who brought forward two large rods, placing them on the floor next to Chromia. Chromia knelt to stand the rods up vertically but kept them separated by a distance. A different Knight stepped forward and handed her an electrostaff. Chromia activated it and touched the staff to one of the rods. Lines of vibrant electricity ignited between the rods, straight red lines that buzzed loudly and gave off a red hue in between.

Hux's smile increased, but the glint in his eyes was savage. The red glow reflected across his face monstrously as Hux imagined the scenario of how this instrument of death would be used. She had found it, the electroguillotine. It was beautiful, a clean killing machine, a creation of science and to Hux, that made it a mechanism of infinite beauty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 446 16
"Wow ! That means your mommy is a princess ! I've always wanted to meet a princess ! My grandpa told me your mommy knows how to kick butt ! And she k...
386K 15.1K 152
COMPLETED β™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿ " A strange path, you have decided to follow." It had all started because o...
4.6K 314 9
Where is Ben Solo? #3- ReyxBen 10.12.20 #10- worldbetweenworlds 4.11.21 Rey headed to where she had trained in meditation with Leia. She sat crossed...
150K 5.5K 19
Han wasn't the only person Leia asked to help bring her son home. She went in secret to Rey, who had already once bested Kylo. Rey agreed to help the...