Hell House (Yandere x reader)...

By lizard-on-a-bike

(Y/n) opens her eyes to find out she's... dead? And she certainly isn't the only one. Everyone in the house s... More

Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
just some art
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
500 Special
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Happy Holidays!
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-four
7 minutes in ...?
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
RECAP
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-Two
checkout the new book i have out

Chapter Nine

6.7K 254 365
By lizard-on-a-bike

Chapter Nine

Jason returned to the kitchen with a random cookbook in tow. The sound of the girls and Don laughing spilled into the hallway. He walked in to see (y/n) holding onto her sides to try and calm her laughing. He smiled, she really was something.

"I'm back! Sorry that took me so long," Jason set the cookbook on the shelf. "Would you all like to begin cutting the dough into shapes?"

"Sorry man, but that's gonna be a hard pass," Don stood up. "I think I'll go chill out with Jenna or something, you guys have fun though!" He walked out, and you pouted I'm surrounded by party poopers. Well, not really. Just Don and Ryo. You felt like you could really get along with Don eventually, though. He was funny and very chill. You could probably be Jenna's friend too if she ever decided to let go of her obsession with disproving her own death.

The three girls walked to the counter where Jason was already rolling out the dough into a sheet. You picked up a cutter that was in the shape of a snowman and waited eagerly to cut it in. Happiness rolled off you like waves and soon everyone else was just as excited. You all laughed and cut dough until there was nothing left.

"Right, I think that just takes like, eight minutes," Jason nodded to himself as he slid the baking pan into the oven.

"Have we worked out the whole Christmas Day thing with Quince?" You asked. The room sat silently for a moment. You were guessing that meant 'No.'

"I'll go find him," Dianna offered. You thanked her as she left.

"I don't want to waaait," you whined. "Do we even have to do presents? I feel like I don't know everyone well enough."

"Blasphemy!" Suki gasped. "No presents on Christmas day? Are you mad?" She spoke in an exaggerated, mocking, British accent. You and Jason laughed at her impression, but you weren't swayed.

"I seriously don't know what to get Ryo! I think he might hate me," You frowned. You didn't notice Jason stiffen. Suki surprised you both as she laughed.

"Just get him a book! Who cares! What's he gonna do? Throw it away? Even then, who cares!"

"She has a point," Jason agreed. "Since we don't all know each other too well and our resources are unlimited, I don't see why we should think too hard about it. It can be as meaningful or meaningless as you desire."

You nodded; this made some sense. Just as Jason pulled the cookies out of the oven and set them aside to cool, Quince and Dianna walked into the room "I return," Dianna smiled and posed for a moment. She's a bit silly, too, I see. But not in the way Suki and Jason are silly. It's more reserved I guess.

"You guys are serious about this," Quince took a look around the heavily decorated kitchen. His eyes lingered on you for a moment too long, but you didn't notice. You were too busy anticipating his next words. "Well, okay. I don't see why the higher ups would have a problem with it. Just give me your lists by the time we go to bed, okay?"

"I don't believe that everyone else is fully aware of 'Christmas,'" Dianna spoke. "Is there any way you can summon everyone to the kitchen?"

Quince thought for a moment, "Not really. Who's missing? Ryo, Don, and Jenna? (y/n), why don't you go find Ryo while I find Don, and Dianna you can find Jenna." You didn't want to be a nuisance but tensed a little at the idea of looking for Ryo. Dianna already agreed and went to find Jenna while Quince followed close behind. You glanced to Suki and Jason.

"Please, can one of you switch jobs with me?" you pleaded.

"Sorry, angel, but no way! I'm helping Jason ice these babies!" She held up a half-frosted cookie as if to prove her point. You wanted to send puppy dog eyes to Jason, but he was too concentrated on the cookie. You sighed and walked out the door. This is stupid.

You decided to check his room. He seemed to really be a hermit in comparison to everyone else, so you didn't think it was a bad guess. Your heartbeat sped up in fear as you held your hand up to knock. You hesitated. Seconds felt like hours before you finally knocked the door softly. In moments his door opened, and when his green eyes fell upon you he tilted his head to the side.

"Ryo, we're all meeting—" You began but where cut off as he threw his hand out to grab your wrist. "Hey!" you struggled against him. He tried to pull you into his room, but you fought back. Eventually, He yanked you with a force you weren't prepared for and you came toppling into his room and into his chest. The door shut behind you and you felt your hope squash. Many angry thoughts swarmed in your mind, including a few choice curses, but you bit your tongue. He eyed you.

"I didn't know you wanted to see me so badly," he teased even though his face stayed neutral.

"I hardly chose to be here. Quince just told me to come get you!" you huffed.

"But you agreed to come get me," he pointed out. He still had one hand gripping your wrist and, in a flash, he held your other one. You sweat nervously.

"Listen," You stuttered slightly. "Everyone is waiting in the kitchen for us. We should go there."

"Alone in a room with me and you're still thinking about them?" he tsked. Despite his reprimanding tone, he loosened his grip and moved to open the door behind you. "You shouldn't play with fire if you don't want to get burned." You struggled not to roll your eyes, how dramatic.

-:x x x x x:-

The two of you arrived in a very full room of chatter. Eight people is a lot, even for a house this big. Ryo was still standing next to you, and he didn't seem like he was about to move. Should I move? If I do, is that just building an even bigger barrier between us? He's turning out to be pretty creepy, so maybe Jason is right, and I should just leave him alone. You looked over to him to find that he was looking at you.

"Are you going to sit?" Ryo huffed. You decided not to speak and instead walk toward the table. You sat in the empty chair next to Dianna who sent you a short wave. Ryo took the seat next to you, despite there being a perfectly good empty seat by Jason. Whyyyy, why do Ryo and Dianna seem to want me to drown in nervousness. You could've also sat by Jason, you realized with a sigh. 

"Hello, you two," Quince spoke loud enough to dispel other chattering.

"(y/n)!" shouted Suki, "Hi!" She smiled and waved. How silly, I just saw her not even twenty minutes ago.

You returned the smile, "Hi. Have you guys started talking about Christmas yet?"

"Not yet," Quince took over. "For a few days, we are going to live with time so that we can celebrate Christmas. Tomorrow will be Christmas Eve and the next day, obviously, will be Christmas. I'm sure all of you have guessed that something like that was happening. It was Suki's idea."

Quince pointed towards the wall, "That's a clock. As of now, it is 4 pm. We are all going to go to bed at a reasonable time and wake up accordingly for just a few days. I put a few clocks in the house and asked the higherups to put alarm clocks in all of your rooms. To do presents, I'd like you all to write down a list of the items you want. Put your name on the paper and I'll deliver it to the higherups. They'll put all the items you request in your room, and you can request them to be wrapped if you're really that lazy, I guess."

"I don't want to do this," was Ryo's unsurprising reply. You sank in your seat. Maybe we will never be friends. I guess he's just not interested in any of this.

"Too fucking bad," Suki frowned. "We decorated and made cookies and everything! You have to partake, you Ebenezer goddamn Scrooge, it's Christmas law."

"I really don't care, living with time sounds exhausting. Plus, I don't want to get presents for anyone. You can get everything you want already, so what's the point in getting a gift?"

"You could think of something they might like or something new to try, or you could make something! Do Christmas, asshole!" She argued.

"I have to agree with Suki," Quince spoke. "It wouldn't hurt for us to get closer as a group. I think having distance from each other is only going to make our eternity hell."

"Fine," Ryo gave up. "But for the record, I see literally no point in growing closer as a group." He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. You wanted to curse at him and call him a dickhead, but name-calling probably wouldn't help you "grow closer as a group."

"Please have your lists ready by 10 pm tonight, that'll give everyone time to put presents under the tree," Quince continued explaining. "If you'd like, I will dress up as Santa Clause." He spoke so calmly and neutrally about it that it took everyone a moment to process what he had offered. If the tension at the table wasn't so weird you might've chuckled.

"Isn't Santa just the Kid's Bop version of the idea of God?" Suki questioned. "I'm serious! Think about it, I'm right!"

"I see exactly where you're coming from," Don nodded sagely. "They both claim to watch your every move and pass judgment on your actions."

"Exactly! Santa Clause is a weird way to get kids accustomed to the idea of being watched by some omniscient old dude. When you think about it, there's a lot of problems with Santa. It's a really good way to accidentally convince poor kids that they're less good than wealthier kids."

"Suki, I'd like to remind you that Christmas was your idea," Dianna countered.

"That's a good point, however, I believe in having the most fun I can. Arguing about Santa is very fun. Also, Quince, I am begging you to dress up as Santa it's an amazing idea."

"Ok, I think she actually has a very fair argument," Jason spoke up. It seemed like this was the final straw for Ryo as he stood up and sighed. He surprised you by putting a hand on your shoulder. The rest of the group was still arguing so they didn't really notice anything.

"Come with me," He posed as a demand rather than a request.

"Excuse me?" You held in your anger. Who does this guy think he is?

"Don't be annoying. Let's go work on this stupid list together. It will help since you don't know anyone well and I don't want to do this."

You softened a little at his explanation and got up. You were still a little wary, but maybe he was seeing how much of a dickhead he was being? If He wanted to be nicer, that was a good sign. And it would help to have some ideas from someone who had been here longer, "Alright, that sounds good." I'll just have to stay alert.

"Where are you two going?" Jason said rather loudly as he stared down the two of you. You stopped to reply, but Ryo grabbed your arm and began pulling you away.

"We're just going to work on Christmas lists!" You managed to call out as Ryo successfully pulled you into the hallway.

"What was that about?" You asked as you walked beside him, his hand still clutching your forearm.

"Jason wanted to lecture."

"Now we look all suspicious, though," you pouted. Instead of responding, He opened the door of his room. "We're working in your room?"

"Is that a problem?" He closed the door. You could feel yourself get a bit more nervous. Does he seriously think that I feel comfortable alone with him considering everything weird he's done?

"I guess not," You offered as you sat in a chair. The Library would've worked fine. He handed you a sheet of paper and a pencil, as well as a notebook to support your paper. He had already started writing by the time you had processed everything. I thought we would help each other? Maybe he wants to brainstorm first. You started to think of some simple ideas. Maybe I could choose books or Movies for everyone? You tapped your pencil to your sheet mindlessly as you thought.

"Ok, I'm done."

"What, seriously? That was fast," You looked to him. "Why did you need my help then? How did you think of seven gifts that fast?" Ryo shrugged and kept his gaze on you. 

"You won't answer either of my questions?" You were beginning to get irritated with him. He stood up from his seat and walked closer to you.

"Maybe I just wanted to have you near me."

"That is hardly an explanation! You were supposed to help me," You frowned. Seriously what is his deal? Does this guy hate me or what?

"Suki and Jason don't have to put reasoning behind spending time with you," His face remained neutral.

"Yeah, but," you paused. You couldn't think of a valid rebuttal to his point. He leaned over you and placed his hands on either side of you on the wall. This is extremely awkward, I'm sitting down. You squirmed a little, "You're sort of freaking me out, I can't tell what you're thinking or what your opinion of me is."

He tilted his head to the side, "You're annoying." He began to lean closer and you had to act. You shoved him and ducked away towards the door.

"You're so fucking rude!" You snapped as you swung the door open and exited into the hallway. You angrily made your way to your room. I can figure this out my damn self.

You didn't notice Dianna calling your name or walking towards you, so you ran right into her, "Oh my goodness! Dianna, I'm so sorry. I just wasn't paying attention."

"Don't worry about it. You seem upset," She observed.

"Ryo's just a bit of an asshole, is all. I'm going to think of Christmas presents in my room."

"Really? He's never seemed too malicious to me. Just standoffish."

You looked dumbly at her for a moment. "He literally just called me annoying! I didn't ask to be drug into his room," You vented. You wished Suki or Jason had run into you instead, "I'm sorry. I'm just frustrated and confused."

"I understand. He can be a lot to deal with at first, but he'll warm up to you eventually if you keep trying," she placed a hand on your shoulder. Does he treat everyone this way? Will he be nicer eventually?

"I suppose I'll stay patient then," you kept your gaze low. Dianna smiled at you and continued on her way.

"I'll see you around!" She called behind her. You nodded to yourself and tiredly entered your room.

I should get started, I suppose.

---

yippee early update:-) next chapter is the Christmas! Do you guys think Ryo is a dickhead? I think he's a dickhead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 2.3K 19
Y/n is a innocent a small little high school boy but he is going to realize that there are some girls that want to keep him for themselves what will...
97.1K 3.3K 53
Y/n was just like any other adult. She had the job of her dreams and lived in a small house in the city. Every day she walked to work and she would w...
150K 9.1K 89
You'd found codependency in parasocial relationships before the word had even been invented. On one dark night, you'd decided something for yourself...
7.8K 461 18
𓂃 𝐀𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐄; A story in which a woman named (Y/N) (L/N), a world-renowned detective, investigates a mysterious, gothic-esque hotel a...