HE(Series)

By Maryansika

Longest/Highest rank @Investments #1(two months) Jan/Feb 2019 46th in femaleAlpha out of 140stories 163rd in... More

HE 1: Casts
HE 2
HE3: Girl Fight
Series 4
Series 5: The Bond
Series 6: Black
HE 7: The Search
8: Lunch Date
9: Boss/Partner
HE 10: BlackBird
11: Boundaries
12: Vun
13: Is "Love is a necessary Tragedy?"
14: Selfless-Love
15: Night Time.
16:Yearning
17: Points
18: A Pleasure of the Mind.
19: Keepsake.
20: Life As We Know it...
21: Like a mysterious Being!
22: You're My Annie!
23. "Thats Savvy, I like it"
24: A work of Fiction.
25 "Must be old money"
27 Pumpkin
28: "The Proxy"
29:Rhodes.
30: "Trickish"
31: Mother
32: "Get rid of her and come home"
33 :"Vanilla or Chocolate?"
34 "I am a James, I aways win."
35: Mom's Journal
36 "Bacon and Sandwich"
37. "Penny for your thoughts?"
38: Boss much
39 "a dead end"
40. A Function or a party?
41...... Stronger than it looks
42: Mama San

26. Pokemon Jealousy Alert.

13 3 2
By Maryansika

A/N
If you have gotten to this chapter of the book, I want to thank you for your time and the votes💗

Anna's POV

As we both sat on the bed, Shaun brought out a mini package and stretched her hand out to take the box.

" What's this?" Raised eyebrow

" I dropped by your apartment, found in your mailbox."

" Oh. I can't remember ordering something online." I tore the sealer off the box

" check the sender's name."

" No name" more curious as I began to tear the box in haste.

" Halt!" Shaun exclaimed. "It could be a prank..we have to be careful." Stood up to pace the room.

" Shaun, stop being paranoid. And stop pacing the room, you're giving me a headache."

"Sorry" hesitates with a worried look then sat a few steps away. "Should I call San to come?"

" I am fine. I can handle it." I smiled up at her.

" For all, we know it could be a dead cat or something."

" I don't think I have done something in my life to deserve such, " I said with a weary smile, the object in the box threw me into a laugh.

"It's not funny, Anna."

" This is very funny" I took out the mini stuff pokemon and a little note that was attached to its ear.

" A Pokemon?" Shaun's eyes went wide with an exclamation. " and the note?"

" Says " Your secret admirer."

" that's ridiculous." Shaun stood and began pacing the room again. I can't blame her when she does this often to think on her feet. But girl it sure gives me a headache.

" Who might it be?"

" No idea"I smiled with contentment

San got himself into a competition

" Anna, you're in no situation to be smiling sheepishly like a goat on the heat."

" Ouch... I felt that deep down in my soul."

" Sorry, but really?" Our gaze locked and we laughed out.

" Did I seem like a goat?"

" figuratively. " came to sit beside me.

" I miss being on the heat with John acting out on me." Shaun placed her head my shoulder for comfort, I, in turn, patted her on the back.

" He will come around. He's probably busy with clients and stocks plummeting." I assured her

" You don't think he's cheating on me?"

" God, no" John isn't like that, he's always preoccupied whenever he takes on a new task. Call him a lone ranger but never a cheater. " If you want, I could talk to him."

" No dear, I will wait for him." Shaun held my hands and hugged me. "Thanks for taking out time for me and my insecurities."

" Anytime because I know you would do the same for me."

" Not when you should be spending time with San and his sisters."

" Believe me, when I say he needs this bonding time more than I need it." I gave her a kleenex box to wipe her eyes, which was getting puffy. Whenever a tear is let out of Shaun's eyes, it gets puffy for a day or two the reason she rarely cries.

"By the way when are you coming back to work?"

" Miss me much?" A grin on my face.

" Yes, I miss our afternoon session."

" I am leaving this house tomorrow, although, I am yet to tell Philip that I am leaving." And he's not going to like it.

Weary eyes on me, Shaun knew what was thinking, held my hands " Say it, Shaun."

She laughed hysterically, while more tears were let out. "You know me too well. But I will allow you and Philip to worry about your troubles." Stood up and turned to me, " I have to leave now. "

"So soon?" I pout my mouth. " Stay for dinner, won't you?"

" That's so sweet of you but enjoy the bond time with Philip " smiles then continued "I see family drama at hand."

" Come, on Shaun "

" I am just saying" hands up " just saying and poor Ayo gets to witness this epic drama."

I laughed as the thought came to mind.
No, Shaun, Ayo loves family dramas. He won't miss out on this one.

" See you on Monday."

" I can't wait and tell Philip about your secret admirer." smiling " I will see myself out. Enjoy yourself. " nodding in response, we both hugged ourselves.

*******

Once I saw Shaun off, I went into the kitchen to see what the noise was about. The James clan and Ayo were playing a game. The atmosphere was surreal and compelling to watch the game and see the winner jubilate with a victory.

San sat across from Natalie with hands folded. He didn't seem to be playing, a happy spectator... That was what he was.

As I approach, he held out his hands for me to share his seat with him. I gladly took them and sat with me back on his chest then he wrapped his warm hands around me and whispered: " did you have fun talking with Shaun?"

I nodded in response, then turned slightly to face Philip. " She sends her regards too."

" That's kind of her." I turned back to the game before me. Again, He whispered " rain check? Can we ditch these clowns?"

I smiled at his comment then pats his hands " these clowns seems to be having fun, Philip."

" Five mins." More jubilation was let out from Sunny winning against Ayo. Ayo should just quit, he's never been good with games like fortnite or Nintendo. But this is a great way everyone could bond.

"I am famished, " Natalie said, " Should we order pizza?"

" Sure, any specials?" Philip asked

" Hawaii is fine, Ayo, what about you?"

" Meatzza will do."

" pepperoni " Sunny yelled out with eyes glued on the monitor.

" I will have meatzza too," I said

" that makes three of us" Philip replied.

" Great, it's pizza night. " Natalie grabbed her phone to order our menus while
Philip said something about going down to the cellar to get the wine.

Cellar? He owns a cellar filled with wine? ... I must be right about the old money.

*********

Philip and I settled on the couch on the patio after dinner. I had only sat for five minutes when I decided it was time to talk about my leaving the next day. But first, I poured myself more wine.
"Annie, you're quiet. Is anything the matter?"

" No, am fine. I am taking in the night and beautiful works ..." He cuts me off
" Annie, what is wrong? "

" Nothing ?"

" Come, on Annie, you never speak poetry."

" Yes, I do."

While he tried to process my reply, Philip resorted to staring at me. His stare was cute, the stillness of the moment was even hilarious.
No, he's right, I don't speak poetry.

" Fine. We need to talk"

" I know where this is going. If it's about my family, I know it was overwhelming, and I am sorry that I could not warn you about them."

"God, no." Shaking my head, " I had beautiful moments with your sisters, Philip. I also think it was kind of them to reach out to you, brother" I teased him

", and that's not what we need to talk about, my two weeks vacation is over. I am thankful for taking care of me and having me in your beautiful home."

" You're leaving?"

I saw the slight frown of annoyance on his face as I clung to the state of my partner's feelings towards me.

Gosh! Did I call Philip my partner? I blushed at the thought.

" I have to say, Philip, we both knew this arrangement was temporary, and I would leave someday." My blushing intensified, I waved my hands in the air to calm my conflicting emotions.

" You can go to work from here. I must say its even faster to get to work from my end."

I saw a relatable smirk on his face after his comment. I understand his need for attention, care and love but my leaving won't put that on hold.
Over the weeks, I have come to fight my fears to give us both a chance at this thing called - relationship, and I am not ready to ruin it with irrational behaviour. We are two adults we can make this work.

" How about this, I go home and come back to spend Thanksgiving with you?"

" Why? Thanksgiving is this week, can't you stay till then?"

" Come on, Philip. I am trying to reach a compromise" I grinned at his indecisive face. " besides I have to feed my pet."

" Anna, you and I know you don't have a pet."

" getcha! " we both chuckled " So, what do you say, Mr genius stockbroker." I teased him

" We can come to a compromise after I ask my movie mates." The smirk on his face said it all, once he grabbed me closed up to himself. Then his eyes were on my sheer chiffon top.
I laughed out at his wits and kissed him passionately.

" Compromise reached, I will drive you back whenever your ready baby. " he kissed me more.

" You have a competition Mr..." I chuckled at the thought of telling him about my secret admirer.

" competition you say?"

" I have a stuff Pokemon up in my room."

His hands on my waist, trying to process my reply, we both stared at ourselves for what looks like a minute.Before he replied " Pokemon? I don't recall sending you one; you have a secret admirer? "

" Bingo" he's smart

Rendered incapable of what to say, he shakes his head and smiled.
" Should I be worried?"

" Are you worried?"

" Nope, but I am jealous " He laughed at his reply, I couldn't help but join him.

More like a Pokemon Jealousy alert

" I am pleased to make you jealous, Philip San." The look he gave me was melting, his smile was captivating, which plummeted my heart. At that instant, I knew I would head down any lane with this man. And to add to it, he was bloody handsome even with the spang of jealousy.

" It's getting cold, let's go inside" he startled me out of my trance.

" Sure," I said with a kiss.

A/N
At this point what do you think about Philip and Anna's relationship?
Thanks for reading and I also want to thank you for all the votes and comments. 🙏 I appreciate them and look g forward to reading your comments.
Maryansika💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 28.4K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
169K 34.3K 51
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
2.6M 148K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.1M 27.5K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...