Unforgettable

By MysteryMixtapes

*Mature and Explicit Content* "If it feels so right, how can it be wrong?" ---------- I watch as Harrys breat... More

Introduction and Warning.
Teaser / Trailer.
1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.

2.

71.3K 1.8K 6.6K
By MysteryMixtapes

Harry's face snaps up, his lips parting in shock.

"Oh-I'm, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to-"

I hold my hand up to cut him off from his stuttering "It's fine honestly, happens all the time, trust me"

I look at Finn who is bathing in the awkwardness of this conversation, he lives for this sort of thing.

Harry clears his throat "No, No, I'm really sorry, Emma never mentioned that...you were, uhm-"

"That I'm a vaginatarian?" I interrupt trying to lighten the mood, leaning my elbow on the table, resting my chin in my hand "It's fine, I was diagnosed fifteen years ago, I've made peace with it"

Harry laughs under this breath, running his hand through his long tangled curls, still obviously embarrassed.

"Don't worry I thought she was straighter than a ruler when I met her too" Finn tries to add reassuringly.

We can't all have 'I'm here and I'm queer' plastered across our forehead like you Finn.

Before Harry can reply, there's a loud squeal, and he's almost knocked over in the seat as Emma throws herself at him in a hug that could honestly have been mistaken for a tackle "Boo boo! You're here!"

I side eye Finn and see him staring at me with a disgusted look on his face as he mouths "Boo Boo?" he scrunches his nose "really?"

I lift my shoulders in a "Don't ask me" expression, biting down on the inside of my cheek to keep the laugh I want to let out at bay.

The phrase "Aye Boo boo, would you like to see in my pic-a-nic basket" loops through my head and I dig my nails into my palms trying not to cackle.

Does this mean I should start calling Emma Yogi Bear?

I snort into my hand, trying to pass it off as a cough and clear my throat.

Nothing could have prepared me for what was an extremely uncomfortable few minutes of over the top P.D.A, which almost felt like watching soft core porn - it was like a car crash, you just couldn't look away.

Did she really have to do this in front of my lunch?

During it I had to pinch Finn several times when he started to making gagging noises, to which he only pinched me back.

Emma finally unwrapped herself from Harry, standing and adjusting her disheveled uniform.

Poor Harry looks like he was just put through the spin cycle in a washing machine.

They look like a couple of teenagers that just fucked in a broom closet.

I'm sure her boss was over the moon about her dry humping, what looked like a customer in front of everyone.

She's just enthusiastic, I remind myself.

Harry on the other hand, looks completely mortified by the interaction, he can't even look at either of us, just has his eyes firmly planted on the table.

"You guys get to know each other okay? I'll see you when I finish work boo boo" Emma coos at Harry, tapping him on the nose, and he looks like he physically shrinks down further in his seat in embarrassment.

She gives Finn and I a bright smile and wave before turning on her heel and heading back behind the counter.

"Wooooow" Finn drags out "I'm gonna need to go to church after watching that"

I snap my head to him, glaring and whisper "Be nice!"

To which he mouths back snapping "I'm traumatized!"

Yeah, me too pal.

Harry rubs the back of his neck, letting out an awkward chuckle "Sorry about that, I think she just gets excited"

Yes she gets very excited. My eyes will never unsee that.

"That's one way to describe it" Finn deadpans without missing a beat.

I try changing the subject, so Harry can stop looking like he wants to get struck by lighting right now, bless him "So Emma was saying you haven't lived here long?"

Relief washes over his face at the welcomed deflection and he nods gratefully "Yeah, I moved here from England about a month and a half ago, it's been a big change but I like it"

I smile reassuringly back at him "You should be proud of yourself, I know what it's like moving to a new country, it's not easy"

He grins at my compliment "I was going to say that you sounded like you had a different accent, where are you from?" he asks, leaning forward on his elbows, clearly intrigued.

"Australia, I moved here when I was fourteen, so my accent is kind of a blend of American and Australian now, but it becomes pretty strong again when I'm home"

Harry simply nods in understanding, a glint of something behind his eyes I can't make out.

"Don't ask her to say crikey, you'll get slapped - or shrimp on a barbie, she loses it" Finn interjects, pointing his finger at Harry with wide eyes as if he's divulging valuable secret information.

Harry holds his hands up in surrender, smirking at me "Duly noted"

Finn brings his hand up to shield his mouth from me, while pointing at his head with the other, circling his finger in a 'crazy' motion, mouthing and nodding "She's fucking nuts" at Harry.

I swat his hand away, putting my hand to his face to flip him off "So what do you do for work Harry?" I ask, still glaring at Finn.

Harry presses his lips together frowning, his voice dropped into a solemn tone I haven't heard from him yet "I'm still working on that actually, It's been harder than I thought it would be getting a job here"

I turn to Harry, matching his frown, he looks so disappointed with himself "What kind of work did you want?"

He blows out a puff of air, tilting his head back to look at the ceiling "Honestly, anything at this point"

I continue frowning while I stare at him, I can't help but feel sorry for him. He's in a strange country on his own, and he seems like a sweet person. I have this overwhelming urge to help him and I can't explain why, so that's why the next thing I blurt out is

"I'll give you a job"

Harry and Finn both whip there heads at me saying "What?" at the same time

I fumble around in my seat, scolding myself at how crazy I must sound offering a job to someone I've known for less than an hour "Well, I own a bar, if you want a job I need the help, but it's totally up to you, no pressure at all, I just thought maybe-"

I mean, if this boy is important to Emma, then he's important to me. I'm more than happy to offer help to someone that means a lot to one of my friends. It's just the type of person I am.

"I'll take it" Harry interrupts "You have no idea how much I'd appreciate that"

His expression is a mix of shock and appreciation, those same unforgettable eyes focused intensely on my face.

I smile shyly back, ignoring the fact I can feel Finns eyes burning holes in my head "Happy I can help, when did you want to start then?"

"I can start whenever you want, right now, tonight, tomorrow. I'm all yours" he gushes, his entire face is lit up with a smile that could cure a thousand broken hearts.

"Tomorrow it is then, wear something you don't mind getting drinks spilled on" I nod with a grin.

He stares at me intently for a moment then suddenly launches over the table, pulling me into a tight hug across it, and I yelp at the abrupt movement. He buries his face in my neck "You're amazing Joey, thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me" he mumbles against my skin.

What's with this guy and hugging?

Personal space bubble kid, you're in it again.

"It's no problem" I wheeze out, going completely rigid again.

The hug lasts longer then what I would assume is the appropriate length for a hug between people that just met, whatever that time frame is, but I'm just chalking it down to his excitement.

As much as I'm not a fan of physical affection from people I'm not romantically involved with, I can't deny that how tightly his arms are wrapped around me exude this odd comfort, like a glove fitting perfectly, snug and warm.

I must have a bloody concussion

When finally he let's go, I lean quickly back in my seat like its a magnet and I'm being snapped back into it and he sits back runs his hands down his face with a giddy smile "I've got a job, I've actually got a bloody job, I can't believe it" he sits up straight as if remembering something before rushing out "I need to tell Emma"

I barely have time to nod before he's shot up out of his seat like a flash and rushing over to find her.

I keep my eyes straight ahead avoiding the glare I know I'm still copping from Finn.

"Have *thump* you *thump* lost *thump* your fucking mind?!" he snaps at me incredulously.

You know what? Probably.

I slap his hand away, rubbing my head scowling at him "He needed a job, I could offer a job, it's not a big deal"

Finn stares at me like I have three heads "He's a stranger not a stray puppy with a broken leg you psycho!"

Actually, a puppy is the perfect way to describe Harry, an adorable sweet puppy, with brown fluffy hair.

I point to where Harry was just sitting across from us "He, is harmless. He's a young guy that just needed a bit of help, and I owe him. He practically saved my life"

Finns brows crease in confusion "What the hell are you talking about? He just helped you off the ground, he didn't stop a bullet for you like some fucking batman"

I raise my brows at him, with a dead serious expression "If you think for I second I would not have let myself curl up and die on that floor from embarrassment you're mistaken, also remember he's the only person that offered to help me, in case you forgot that" I emphasize the only part, raising my brows higher at him.

Finn massages his temples with a pained expression "God you're dramatic"

"I need the help Finn and so does he, he's a good person. I have a feeling about him, this is the right thing to do" I defend as self assured as possible.

I ignore the nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, that's trying to decipher why I feel this sudden pull to Harry, or the urge to be so caring towards him.

He rests his forehead in his hand, leaning his elbow on the table letting out a frustrated sigh "That good nature of yours is going to get you chopped up into pieces in someone's basement one day"

"I can only hope" I shoot back dryly.

"Well, I hope you're ready" he sighs, slouching back against his chair, scratching his nose.

"Ready for what?"

"For the shit storm of trouble you've just started for yourself" he stares at me, with an expression like he knows something I don't. "Don't say I didn't warn you"

I roll my eyes, glancing over to where Harry is standing talking to Emma, looking like he's a school boy proudly gushing about winning the Nobel Prize.

He's a puppy.

There couldn't possibly be any trouble that would come from helping him.

I can trust my feeling about this, It's harmless.

**

Song: Crystal - Fleetwood Mac

" Do you always trust your first initial feeling
Special knowledge holds true, bear believing"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 155 5
"I know we're sloshed but, I've been thinking," he started carefully. She giggled at his words, but didn't stop him, so he continued. "About what you...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...
6.1K 233 22
'If you weren't the love of my life, I'd have said that I was wrong about life, and not about love.' What happens when a well renowned idol falls for...
19.8K 237 9
After your best friend's parents divorce, you find yourself being the confidant and stress relief of your best friend's dad. He's double your age, ri...