Dangerous Love (girl x girl)

By xuelian

Ten years ago, Clara Reagan disappeared mysteriously. Despite continuous efforts of the police, the case even... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 2

5.9K 176 0
By xuelian

Arielle

The next morning I awoke to a call from Celine. I answered the call with my eyes still closed. "Yes?" I mumbled half asleep.

"Ari, did Chase tell you that his cousins, Kylie and Lukas, would be at your school this semester? He also wants you to help them get sorted and plan before they get started."

"What the-"

"The person they're investigating is on your campus, so I guess Chase thought it would be a convenient coverup if they pretended like they were also attending there. Chase wants you to meet up with them before your classes today and go over procedures with them."

I gritted my teeth. There were multiple things that I really didn't like about this situation. First of all, it was no secret that I preferred to keep my business with the organization private. I hated bringing it anywhere near my personal or school life. The last thing I wanted was to discuss these things on campus. Second of all, Chase had recently recruited his two cousins - fresh out of high school and wanting to investigate cold cases to get experience to pursue journalism focusing on true crime. Not only did Kylie and I not get along, but I certainly hadn't signed up to babysit them while at school.

"School is school, work is work. Why the hell would he think this was a good idea?" I muttered in frustration. If I wasn't awake before, I certainly was now.

Right before I fell asleep last night, Chase had messaged to say that we had gathered adequate evidence to confirm that two suspected gang members had been using the old car junkyard as a meeting spot. This meant that my workload had lightened significantly and I could dedicate more time to continue investigating Clara's case. I was excited about this. Clara's case was ongoing and I usually had to juggle it with other tasks. However, now I would have to deal with Kylie in addition to everything else.

"Trust me, Ari, I don't want this either." Celine sighed. "I tried suggesting having Kayla or Ben to brief them ahead of time, since Kayla also attends the school, but I think boss also wants you to personally keep an eye on Kylie while she does her thing." Kayla and Ben were two investigators on the team who focused on cold cases, but were also aware of our investigations into the gang.

"Wait, what?"

"You know how Kylie is..." she paused. "I'm pretty sure that boss just wants you to supervise her after the last incident. Avery said that she'd explain to you later. Boss also said you know campus etiquette so you can teach Kylie and Lukas how to not stand out too much."

I groaned loudly. "Great. So I'm actually babysitting. Knowing those two, I can forget about doing any actual learning." In my opinion, Chase definitely did not think this through. One of Kylie's more annoying traits was that she often didn't know how to keep her mouth shut. Hence, she wasn't in on any details concerning the gang.

"I'll be there too." Celine reassured. "It's a good thing there are so many people on campus. It'll be easier for them to blend in."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, and we have to meet them at Stafford Hall."

"Alright." I hung up and fumed over the situation. The biggest reason that I was so insistent on continuing with my schooling was to maintain some degree of normalcy in my life. I loved to learn and I wanted to be able to focus fully on it while at school.

Kylie was difficult to deal with at the office, but she would truly be testing my patience today. This was going to be a long day. I quickly packed my book bag and changed my clothes. Then, I brushed my hair out and washed my face. After I had finished, I grabbed my bag and a jacket, and headed downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart." My mother smiled at me from the bottom of the stairs, clearly having forgotten about last night's incident already.

"Good morning." I hesitantly descended the rest of the stairs. My mom held out a four leaf clover. It was our tradition that before every school year (or term now that I was in university), mom would go find a four leaf clover to bring me luck. I gingerly took it from her and smiled. "Thanks, mom."

She kissed me on the forehead. "Good luck, darling. I'll see you tonight."

I nodded and walked towards the door. I checked the bus times on my phone. I had a car, but I preferred to only use it for work purposes. I left the house and walked to the bus stop. Four minutes later, the bus arrived and I boarded, taking my usual seat at the very back. I inserted my headphones and began to block out the world around me.

~~~~

"Ari? Arielle, godammit, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see a very frustrated Kayla shaking me. Kayla usually got on six stops after me.

"Huh? What?"

"We're here!" I looked around in confusion and sprang to my feet when I realized that we were already at campus. The bus driver stared at us in annoyance.

"I'm so sorry." I quickly grabbed Kayla's arm and ran off the bus. "I don't know what happened." I yawned. "I don't usually fall asleep."

"You must have been really tired." Kayla stared at me sympathetically. She glanced down at her phone and opened her schedule. "What class do you have first?"

"Psychology with Olivier."

"Me too!" Kayla squealed. "Let's get there early."

I shook my head in irritation. "I can't. Got to go  meet Lukas and Kylie. I suppose boss told you as well?"

Kayla nodded grimly. "Yeah. No offence, I feel sorry for you, but at the same time I'm glad I don't have to deal with it."

I sighed. "Well, what can you do? I'll meet you in psych. Save me a seat!" Kayla nodded and walked off. I took another look at my schedule. I was intending to graduate with a major in Sociology and a minor in the Applied Sciences.

MONDAY

10:30 - 12:20: Psychology 154 (Brandon Olivier) [Lecture] - Benson 1600

1:30 - 3:20: Criminal Justice 310 (Isabelle Williams) [Seminar] - Stafford 6700

WEDNESDAY

10:30 - 12:20: Chemistry 101 (Terrence Archer) [Lecture] - Monnet 2900

1:30 - 2:20: Psychology 154 [Tutorial] - Benson 3200

2:30 - 4:20: Sociology 129 (Charmaine Morales) [Lecture] - Benson 3400

FRIDAY

9:30 - 11:20: Sociology 129 [Tutorial] - Benson 4100

11:30 - 12:20: Chemistry 101 [Tutorial] - Monnet 2300

1:30 - 3:20: Criminal Justice 310 (Isabelle Williams) [Seminar] - Stafford 6700

I quickly memorized my schedule and placed my phone away. I scanned the area for Celine as I approached Stafford Hall. "Ari!!"

Suddenly, a pair of arms were thrown around me and I immediately threw out my arm upon reflex. The person immediately released me. "Ow! What was that for?" Kylie squealed rather loudly. People around us were already starting to stare. I turned and glared at her. Lukas stood beside her awkwardly. Lukas was even younger than Kylie, but he didn't get on my nerves as much as Kylie did.

"First of all. Don't ever do that again. Second of all, for as long as you're here, remember that you're trying to blend in, not stand out. That means don't draw this kind of attention. Now come." The two of them followed me with Kylie muttering complaints the whole way. Celine caught up to us.

"Ari, I can take it from here. Why don't you go to class?" I could feel the relief on my face when Celine said that.

"Oooh, what class do you have?!"

"Psychology with Olivier." I unwillingly muttered. I didn't even want her to know my schedule.

"No way! So does-" My eyes darkened and she held up her hands in defence. I knew she was about to say that the person she was meant to be observing also had that class.

"I guess you can take them then, Ari." Celine shrugged apologetically. "I'll meet up with you after?"

I nodded in annoyance and continued towards Benson Centre. "Slow down!"

"We're going to be late." I gritted my teeth.

"So? It'll only be a couple minutes."

I whirled around and glared at her. "I came here to learn. I actually care to be on time." With that, I turned and ran down the remaining distance to the lecture room. I yanked the door open and slipped inside as quietly as I could.

A tall, blonde man stood at the front, in a dress shirt and tie. "Ah, right on time. Please take a seat." I immediately located Kayla in the sixth aisle and made my way to her. I gestured for Lukas and Kylie to take the two empty seats in front of us. Then, I quickly pulled out my laptop and opened a blank document. "Hello everyone. I am Dr. Brandon Olivier and I will be your instructor for the course this term. I have a PhD in Psychology and a Masters in Law. As you all know, this course is an introductory course in psychology, where we will examine historical achievements in the field as well as discuss the many functions of the brain..."

He proceeded to explain the outline of the course and expectations for assignments for the next twenty minutes. "And finally, does anyone have any questions?" Everyone stared around the room blankly. "Alright, then I will dismiss class early, as it is your first week back. Have a good afternoon and I'll see you all next time." We began to pack up our belongings and exited the lecture room once we were finished.

"We all have an hour lunch break." Kayla commented. "Let's go do something."

I cleared my throat. "Please excuse me. I need to go find Celine. I'll see you guys later." I walked off before they could respond.

Me: Cel, where are you?

Celine: At Blackwell. There's a cafeteria there.

Me: I'll be there in 5.

I put my phone away and continued to walk. "Arielle."

Turning my head, I saw the head of the criminology department and my family friend, Michael Sondales walk towards me. "Mr. Sondales."

He sighed. "It's Michael, Ari." I shrugged. "I got you into the class you wanted. I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Dr. Williams though yet. I'll try to do that right after lunch."

I smirked. "The academic advisor let you?"

"Well I am the head of department."

"Whoops. Guess I forgot to mention to her that you were a family friend."

"And you will not. Ari, you know that I agreed to let you register for this class because I know you are capable and aced all your courses last term, but this is a third year course with two prerequisites - of which you have neither. I'm not supposed to be pulling strings like this."

"I know, I know. I'm not stupid. I appreciate it really, Mr. Sondales, but I will be going to the cafe now."

"It's Michael. Let me walk you." I sighed as he followed me. "How have-"

"I don't want to talk about my life."

"How's the investigation?" He changed the subject quietly.

"Well enough." Michael had been over for lunch with my parents at one point when Chase came to talk to me. The minute he overheard my sister's name, he threatened to tell my parents unless I explained. Chase gave him the brief version - that he was leading an investigation and required my assistance, with no mention of the law-breaking or the agency he operated.

"How about-"

I stopped and turned to face him. "Look, Mr. Sondales, I respect you, but I'm not going to tell you about the investigation. Everything we find is confidential." I continued walking.

He stayed silent until we had arrived at the cafe. Celine waved to me. As I turned to leave, Michael grabbed my shoulder. "Wait, Ri, I won't ask. Just do me one favour, okay? Just consider it a thank you for the course thing."

I stopped. "What is it?"

"Spend one full day with your parents this week. They miss you." I was a little taken-aback.

I sighed. "Alright."

"Thank you." He turned and left.

"What did the department head want with you?"

Turning to Celine, I replied. "He's Michael." Her eyes widened. "Don't worry. I wouldn't say anything to him."

Celine slid me a tray. "Thought you wouldn't bring lunch." On the tray was a plate of grilled chicken salad, a bowl of tomato soup, and a plate of coconut pudding.

"Thanks." I began to eat.

"So did Mr. Sondales get you into the class?"

"Yeah, but he hasn't gotten a chance to speak with the professor yet. Should be fine though. Aren't classes like packed? She won't notice me."

"When's your class? Will you have time to finish eating? I thought you were going to meet me right after your psych lecture."

"Well I was. Until Kylie and Michael came along." I grumbled. "Should have plenty of time. Class starts at 2:30." Celine pulled my schedule out from my planner and scanned it.

"What? It says 1:30." I began choking on my soup.

I grabbed my schedule from her and frantically stared at it. "Dammit!" I sprang up from my seat and grabbed my bag. "See you, Cel!"

I immediately ran down the halls while staring at my watch. 1:28pm. Stafford Hall was at the opposite end of campus. I groaned and didn't stop running until I had arrived in front of the classroom door.

1:35pm.

I sighed and pushed the door open gently. Almost immediately, a woman appeared in front of me. She loomed over me with her heels. She had long, wavy, blonde hair that went down to her upper back, and piercing blue eyes. "You're late."

———————————————————————————
*edited*

Hey everyone,

Hope you enjoy Chapter Two!

-Cindy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 425 62
Okay, okay. It's another succubus/incubus fiction (or fairy tale for some of you), but it's polyamorous ;). ~ The lives of two best friends and their...
394K 10.8K 58
(Y/n) is a very normal girl, who is studying at Crimson Valley High School but she is mentally and physically harassed there, the people around her d...
3.1M 94K 31
girlxgirl HIGHEST RANKING(S): #1 IN GIRLONGIRL #1 IN GIRLS #1 IN TEACHER #5 IN GXG An emotionally battered woman with a craving for a attention and a...