The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

FORTY-NINE

5.9K 172 82
By brendathatwriter

JAXON

"Grandpa Jax is coming?"

My Mom nodded excitedly and my Dad took over the conversation. "He wanted to be here for your wedding tomorrow and Jaxon's 18th birthday."

Regan crossed her arms. "He's lucky someone didn't come last minute or there would've been no seats for him."

I grinned. "So when will he be here?"

The door suddenly burst open. "Your handsome grandfather has arrived!"

"Grandpa Jax!" Regan ran, hugging the old man. He nearly lost his footing but, steadied himself with his cane and returned the hug. "I could've sworn I told you guys to just call me Jax."

"Whoops," Regan said with no sign of regret in her voice. Jax didn't catch it because he kept smiling. "You look beautiful, Regan. How's my great grandbaby doing?"

"Just fine." She rubbed her belly.

He looked up at me and smirked. "You just going to continue standing there envious of my good looks or give me a hug?"

"You wish." I gave him a hug. We both shared a lot of our features. Our dark brown eyes and black hair but, he had plenty of gray hairs and a gray beard. For a grandfather, you'd expect him to be hunched over and saggy skin but, he still had his lean body. He broke his leg from a basketball game gone wrong and that's how he had his cane.

"You look almost as good as I did in my high school years."

I scoffed, rubbing my chin. "You're a fool, Grandpa. I look way better than you did."

He laughed. "Funny but, don't think because I'm old I won't beat you down with my cane."

"You'd break your back trying."

My Mom rolled her eyes, cutting in with giving Jax a hug followed after my Dad. "You had a nice trip on the plane?"

"Yes, my jet was nice." Jax sat down on the couch, relaxing his leg. "Where's Mr. Right, Regan?"

"We can't see each other the day before the wedding, Grand- Jax."

He raised a bushy eyebrow. "The wedding is so soon?"

"You did come last minute." My Dad said in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh. Right." He turned to me. "And where's your girlfriend or is she imaginary?"

My jaw ticked while my parents and Regan laughed. A long time ago, I had come up with an imaginary girlfriend and he came to visit the day after I had and found out. "You got jokes old man but, she's very much real." I pulled out the pocket watch Kimora gave me. "She even got me this."

"Wow. That's nice of her. Surprised you're still not playing the field. I was almost afraid you'd catch something."

"Keep talking and you'll catch my fists."

"If you can touch me. I'm pretty quick."

"Not with one good leg."

My Mom groaned. "Here you two go again. I honestly thought you two would be over this bantering back and forth. Dad, act your age."

My Dad, Regan and I shouted an 'oooh' but, stopped when she shot us all a warning look. "Cut it out."

"Yes, ma'am."

***

After Grandpa Jax caught up with all of us, he ended up taking me outside on a walk. I already knew the reason why he wanted to pull me away from everyone else. He slowed his walk as staring at endless waves of the deep blue ocean...

"That one sure has a nice body."

Or... he was just staring at a woman in bikini jogging on the shoreline. I shook my head at the perverted old man. "I'm sure she would file a restraining order on you if you even tried to hit on her."

"I'm fully capable of being a sugar daddy." He stopped, gesturing to himself. "Who would pass this up?"

"Every woman would be running away from you."

"That's not what your grandmother did. She loved every inch of my gorgeous and defined body."

I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Now I see why she divorced you."

"Her loss."

I rolled my eyes and we fell back into a long silence. Eventually, he broke it once again. "So, how are you and Axel doing?"

I took a deep breath. "No progress to stitching back up our friendship."

"Honestly, it's not worth it." He sighed, leaning on his cane as he came to a stop. "I know you care about him but, you've been fighting this for years and yet you're getting nowhere."

"It's not that easy."

"No one said it was easy to let go of someone." He said with so much sadness in his tone. I knew he was talking about his wife. It was years ago when the divorce happen and I didn't think it would still hurt him that Grandma had left. "You just got to accept that they are gone and move on. Axel isn't going to change his ways. He can't escape something he's destined to do."

I clenched my fists. He was right. I know Axel can't leave especially since he's going to marry Christine and there is no way I could get in between that anymore. I wanted to save him but, what good would that do? Christine would just fire the worst our way.

Jax put his hand on my shoulder. "Listen, Jaxon. I know your heart is in the right place but, you're putting that girlfriend of yours in danger, aren't you?"

"I'm out of the gang but, Axel still trying to go after Kimora. It took me everything in me to not end his life the moment he told me that. I don't want Kimora to get involved but, she already is." I sighed, relaxing my fists. "He's planning something and I don't know what it is. It's been eating at my mind for a while now."

"Huh... that's tough."

I glared at him. "That's all you're going to say?"

"Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll handle it."

I nodded. "Yeah..." I hope I can.

"Also, I want to know how you've been treating my car." He asked, tapping his cane on the cement.

I smiled. "With care" 

"Good, I actually wanted to send you another one."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I'm working on a new model." He said smugly. "Besides, it's your birthday present."

"My birthday isn't for two days."

"Alright, Debby Downer. Geez. I know it is."

"Don't call me that."

"I gave you your name, I can call you what I like."

"Do you want a cookie?"

"You always have something witty to say, don't you?"

"Yep."

"Anyway," He continued walking. "I want to meet this girl who you've been spending most of the money I give you on." He poked me with his cane. I opened my mouth to reply but, closed it when I saw Kimora walking down the other side of the sidewalk, her head in her phone. I smiled at my heart leaping to finally see her today. "There she is actually."

"My, my. She's a beauty."

"I know. Kimoraaa!" I called out and her head snapped up from her phone. She beamed, walking up to us at a quicker pace. "Hey, Jaxon... who is this?"

Jax took Kimora's hand, smirking before kissing the back of her hand. "Jax Kennedy. Jaxon's hot grandfather."

I swatted his hand away from Kimora and wrapped my arm around her waist possessively. "Sorry, my Grandpa doesn't know when to act his age."

"You two look so alike." She stared between us and Jax chuckled. "Oh please. Jaxon wish he looked as good as me."

"That's because I look way better than you, old man."

He ignored me. "I heard so much about you, Miss. Woods."

"Really?" She started to blush.

"Yep. So how'd you get him to stop sleeping around?" He asked, pretending to whisper.

"He couldn't resist my stunning good looks or killer personality."

Jax laughed. "I like you. Got him to finally stop thinking with his dick."

"Don't you have to go?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're no fun." He pouted before looking at the Rolex on his wrist. "I'd love to know you more but, I should go and meet Regan's fiance."

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Kennedy."

He smiled. "Just call me Jax. It was nice meeting you too, Kimora."

"Don't trip up the stairs," I called after him and he flipped me the bird before disappearing inside the hotel. Kimora shook her head at me. "You and your grandfather have an interesting relationship."

I pretended to gasp, throwing my hand on my chest. "What? I thought this was normal."

"I'm starting to regret talking to you again."

I tucked a strand of her curly hair behind her ear. "So where were you headed, beautiful?"

"I was just walking around."

"I'll join you." I intertwined our hands together and enjoying the comfortable silence. I loved these moments with her. I felt like there was no problem or worry on our minds. Just being with her today already made it enough. I caught Kimora staring off the shore at the private beach houses. "Those look nice to live in."

"You want to live in one?"

She shook her head. "No, I like being back home..."

I nodded, making a mental note. 

"By the way," She came to a stop. "You reminded me of something."

"Which is?"

"Richard asked if you can help him with last minute wedding decorations."

"Oh, when did he need me?"

"At 6."

I checked my phone and it was 6:13 PM. She gave me a sheepish look. "Whoops?"

"You're so forgetful."

"Hush."

I kissed her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

***

"Thanks for helping me out, Jaxon." Richard grinned and I returned it, staring at the white wedding decor. Everything almost looked angelic from the way the moonlight hit it. The wedding was tomorrow. Richard and Regan were more a subtle couple so they didn't have a bachelorette or a bachelor party. I was kinda thankful they didn't. After Richard and I had to drag in a few last decore items, I was sweating bullets and was ready to go to sleep. 

"You nervous?" I asked him as we walked back to the hotel.

He shook his head. "No, not at all."

He must've seen the confused look on my face and laughed. "It's just that, I'm excited because I'm getting to marry the girl I love so why be nervous?"

"You're really that confident?"

Richard only smirked. "Says, Jaxon Falls."

"Touche."

"I'll see you tomorrow, kiddo." He waved as he went up the opposite set of stairs from where I had to go. I didn't mind Richard at all. He is a pretty nice guy and I know he will take care of my sister. He has for a while now.

Before I headed up to my room, I made sure to stop by the office. Kimora wanted the private beach house so I was going to give her one.

***

I took a brisk shower and when I got out, Kimora was waiting there for me. I didn't expect her to be here. Especially not wearing a shirt of mine that visible enough to see her underneath. I cleared my throat, looking only at her face. She blushed but, didn't break her gaze from me. It was amusing to see her fighting herself to not look down at my abs or the towel. 

"What are you doing here?"

She walked over to me and placed her hands on my damp chest. "You left the door unlocked like you knew I was coming."

"I didn't leave the door unlocked intentionally, Kitten." I rested my hands on her waist, not sure whether to pull her closer or tug her away. "You didn't answer my question though."

She momentarily averted her gaze. I know why she was here. Her appearance, the way she was touching me. It was all so easy to read.

Her hand cupped my chin and she pulled me into a kiss. I reluctantly kissed her back, loving the taste of her lips. I didn't hesitate to kiss her again. The hunger and burning desire only increased our pace. My hands gripped her waist, stepped back toward the bed as she moved forward. Not breaking our kiss, I sat on the edge of the bed, pulling her onto my lap. I kissed away from her lips, down her neck.

***

"Wake up!"

I opened my eyes but, squinting them as I was blinded by the sun spilling through the curtains. What a way to wake up.

I realized Kimora was straddling over me. Only this time she wasn't begging or out of breath panting my name. I shoved my dream to the back of my mind. I needed to get a hold of myself.

A flustered look took over her features and I raised an eyebrow. Her light brown eyes glancing away from me. "It's one of those mornings, huh?" I didn't know what she was talking about until my dream made a rerun through my head. Well, I could mess with her for a little...

"I had a dream about us," I smirked, putting my arms behind my head. Her cheeks grew redder by the second. I enjoyed how easy it was to mess with her. "What exactly?"

"I'm sure you can guess... now are you going to stay like this and we be late for my sister's wedding or can I go take my shower?"

She glared at me before hurriedly climbing off of me. I took my shower as I said I would and Kimora wasn't in the room. I didn't stress it and got dressed in my white button-up shirt, purposely not buttoning it up all the way and beige dress pants with cotton black loafers. I decided to gel my hair a bit and nodded at my appearance.

I heard the door open and looked over to see Kimora. She smiled, putting her hand on her hip. "Aren't you looking awfully dashing?"

I laughed before biting my lip. "You surely aren't looking bad yourself." She laughed, twirling around in a small circle. She wore an off the shoulder beige dress that fit her body perfectly and dipped low on her back. She paired it with brown sandals. Her hair into a nice bun and I was happy to see she was wearing the necklace I gave her too. She wasn't wearing any makeup either showing off her natural beauty.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you want to eat me."

"Maybe I do." I brought my gaze back to her face and she was blushing now but, that didn't stop her from glaring. True to form.

"Let's go before we're late. Everyone is wondering where you are. Richard's family and your family are already down there and we are the only ones who aren't."

"Really?"

"Yes. Now let's go." She grabbed my hand, tugging me towards the door.

"Wait." I pulled her back and captured her lips, surprised from the taste of watermelon replaced by the vanilla I had gotten used to. Not that I was complaining, her lips tasted wonderful. "New chapstick flavor," I said against her lips.

"Yeppers." She let me kiss her one last time before we left out the door. "What's the special occasion for you not wearing makeup?" I asked when we were in the elevator that was thankfully now fixed. She quirked an eyebrow up at me. "Do you not like how I look without it?"

"You look beautiful with or without it."

She crossed her arms. "Thank you but, I just got too lazy to put any on today... stop staring so much before you drool."

I chuckled. "I can never stop staring at you. You're just... damn."

She laughed, nudging my shoulder as we got off the elevator. "You're a fool."

"A fool for you."

Finally, we made it to the venue and there wasn't a lot of people. I knew Regan and Richard only brought family and close friends as well as letting me bring my own so there were people my age. It was beautiful. The arch covered over Richard's head was covered in white roses. He was dressed in an all-white suit, looking very relaxed and wasn't anxious at all. The words he said last night replayed in my head. He's perfect for Regan.

I sat down beside my Mom and Kimora sat next to me. As soon as we did, my Mom turned in her seat. "Where were you two?" My Mom whispered. "Don't tell me you're working on my second grandbaby already."

Kimora's face flooded with red and I shook my head. I'm not surprised she's ready for me to get married to Kimora. "No, I overslept."

"So boring," Jax mumbled and I shot him a glare. I was going to retort but, the music started to play and I already knew it was time. Everyone rose from their seats as Regan and my Dad came into view, elegant all-white dress with beaded designs over it as the end of it flowed to her feet. A beautiful bouquet of red roses in her hand as she wore the brightest smile I ever saw from her, staring at ahead at the love of her life.

For a moment, I saw Kimora and I and my heart slightly yearned for that. I glanced at Kimora and she was too busy consoling my Mom who was already shedding tears.

One day...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.9K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
427K 13.7K 69
"Never, under any circumstances, tell anyone the truth." That was the number one rule. After changing their identities and starting new lives, Lydia...
28.1K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
3.6M 76.6K 73
"What's your problem?!" "I am jealous, okay?! I don't admit it but I hate it when you talk about someone else. I only want you for me" Sebastian sa...