Adopted || 1D (EDITING)

By SmileForNiallx

((guys this is terrible and in the process of being severely edited so it probably won't make a lot of sense... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 13

8.6K 125 21
By SmileForNiallx

-NIALLS POV-

"This is so awesome!" Leah exclaims as we find our seats at the concert. I smile. So far she seemed to be having a fun time.

The band came onstage and began to perform their song The Man Who Can't Be Moved. I chuckled at some of Leah's crazy dance moves.

"What's so funny?" she asks, playfully slapping my arm.

"You're cute when you dance," I blurt out.

Why did I just say that? I can't flirt with her. Harry will kill me. It’s one thing to tell Louis how I feel about her, but it's another to actually try to win her over when Harry likes her. That's something completely different.

She blushes and looks at her feet. "Thanks," she mumbles before continuing to dance to the music.

When the concert ends we go back to the car. It started raining at some point during the concert so now the ground was all wet. We had to run to the car to keep from getting soaked.

We didn't really speak much after I called her cute. Why did I do that? I'm sure I’ve made our friendship weird now.

"That was really fun," Leah says after we both pull on our seatbelts. She smiles at me. "I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime." I smile back at her.

"Couldn't agree more." I start to drive home. We talk on the way there. I was happy that awkward barrier was broken down. It was a pretty long drive from the concert back to the house. About halfway through the drive, the car started to slow down.

"Umm what's wrong with the car?" she asks, looking confused. 

"I'm not sure...."

"Did you fill it up with gas?"

"It's Harry's car, not mine. I asked him before we left and he said 'I think it's full'"

She rolls her eyes. 

"Obviously he thought wrong. Look at the tank meter." 

It was empty. I groan in frustration. 

"What are we supposed to do now?" she asks, looking a bit worried. 

"I have my phone, we can call someone to pick us up." She nods and I grab my cell phone. I try to call, but get no signal. Great...

-LEAHS POV-

After trying to get a hold of someone through both of our phones and having no luck we decide to get out and walk in the rain. It sucked because besides the road there was nothing around us but grass. I could see a few buildings in the distance but that was it. That was where we were headed now, hoping that someplace would have a phone or something that actually worked. 

By the time we reached civilization we were soaking wet. All our clothes were drenched with water. When we stepped into the air conditioned hotel I began to shiver. 

"Are you cold?" Niall asks me. I manage to nod. He wraps his arm around me. Even though we were both soaking wet he still felt warmer and helped me to stop shivering so much.

We went up to the front desk and asked to use their phone. 

"I'm sorry but if you'd like to use our phone services you are always welcome to book a hotel room for the night. There is a working phone distributed to each room for guest use," the lady tells us, smiling sweetly. Niall rolls his eyes and hands her his credit card. We end up getting a cheap room for the night just to use a phone. Ridiculous. 

"I'll call the boys. You should get some blankets covering you. Really, I don't want you to get sick."

"What about you?" 

He shrugs. "I'll be fine." I give a small smile but he had already turned to the phone on the bedside table. I cover myself up head to toe with blankets. It didn't help much since I was still soaked. 

"I called Harry. He's drunk. I heard the other boys’ voices in the background and really loud music. I think they're probably at a club or something."

 I sigh.

"Wait," I realize something. "Liam doesn't drink." 

Niall's eyes widen and he picks up the phone again, dialing in Liam's number. He puts it on speaker so I can hear too. 

"Hello?"

"Liam! It's Niall and Leah. Where are you?" I ask frantically.

"Umm...I'm at a club with the lads." Niall smirks at me as if to say I-Told-You-So. "Why? How was the concert?"

"Our car broke down and we're at a hotel now. Can you pick us up?" Niall asks. 

"Ahh… the other lads are wasted. I'm afraid if I leave now they won't have a way to get home without hurting themselves..."

"Liam, please."

"Okay okay. I'll take them home now. I'll be there as soon as I can to get you guys, but it might not be until morning."

"Thank you," I say gratefully. 

"Is that Leah?" I hear Harry's slurred words in the background. 

"Yeah she and Ni- HEY give me my phone!" Liam yells. Harry's voice is closer now, his words still as slurred as ever. He must be seriously wasted...

"Leah, I'm sorry. I love you. Why can't you see that? Everyone else can see that....Niall can even see that and...and he loves you too! Can you give me a chan-" 

"Get off my phone," Liam says, cutting him off and grabbing his phone back. "I gotta go guys. I'll be there as quick as I can. Bye." 

The line disconnects. 

I look at Niall who was staring at the phone looking a bit peeved. His cheeks were red. 

"I think Harry's a bit drunk..." I mumble, twiddling my thumbs. 

"Yeah I think so too," he says, staring at the ground. His face was still red. I sigh. 

"I'm sure he didn't mean to say any of that...I'll just....forget...about what he said," I say awkwardly. 

Niall can even see that and he loves you too...

I see Niall watching me from the corner of my eye. I keep my sight lined up with my shoes which were also soaked. 

"It's not like he was lying..." He mumbles it so quietly that I could hardly hear him. I don't think he wanted me to, but I did. And it had me wondering for the rest of the night.

"Okay so we obviously are gonna need some dry clothes for the night. There might be a store close by or something," he says. I nod. We both get up and leave the room.

We walk down the street in the rain, not even caring about how wet we got. We were already dripping from the rain so who even cares anymore? We end up in a guy’s clothing store. It was the only thing near the hotel that sold clothes so it would have to do. 

Niall had no problem finding some shorts and a t shirt for the night. I grabbed an oversized pair of sweatpants and a t shirt that was way too big for me. I got everything in the smallest size they had but it was still way too huge. It would have to do. Besides, the clothes were comfy and kept me warm. 

We went back to the hotel and changed into our dry clothes. We hung up our wet ones in the bathroom to dry so we could wear them the next day when Liam came to get us. 

Now we were sitting in the hotel room. "I'm tired," I state. 

"Then go to sleep," Niall suggests smiling. I look at the bed. Niall and I look back at each other. I could tell we were thinking the same thing.

One bed. Two people. 

We didn't get a room with two beds because we didn't think we would have to actually spend the night. We were only here to use the phone before Liam would pick us up. At the time we didn't realize we'd have to wait until morning. 

"I'll take the couch," Niall says. I shake my head in protest. 

"I'll take the couch."

He frowns. 

"Don't be stubborn."

"I'm not being stubborn. I'm doing what's right. You paid for the room and the concert tickets and the clothes. You're taking the bed." I cross my arms, not wanting another word on the subject. That would be too easy. He takes a pillow and lays it on the floor. Smirking at me he lays down on the ground. 

"Seriously?" I ask him. 

"Take the bed." 

"Nope." I grab another pillow and toss it on the ground next to him. We lay down on the floor together. "I think this is fair." He chuckles. We sit there in silence for a while. 

"Can I ask you something?" he asks. 

"Sure."

He takes a deep breath. 

"Do you really believe Harry when he says that he loves you?" I tense up a bit. Biting my lip as I think about my answer. 

"Should I?" I was surprised by my own words, but I kept going. "I mean I've read things, heard about things, I've seen the news and listened to rumors. He's the player of the group. That much is understandable. I have no idea how many girls he's been with or how many people he's said that he's loved. I really don't know any reason I should believe him." We're both quiet for a moment, letting those words sink in. "Why do you ask?" 

He shakes his head. "Never mind."

"Okay..." I don't pry for answers. If he wanted me to know he would tell me. I cuddle up to my pillow and grab a blanket from the bed. "Goodnight Niall."

"Goodnight Leah."

I fall asleep on the floor of a sketchy hotel with Niall by my side. Today has been insane. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 7K 65
I was just another regular Asian girl. Except I lived in a adoption center. I lived here for the past 11 years of my life. My name is Annabelle Li an...
103K 3.1K 32
Louis and Harry's sons are growing up; Zayn is twenty-two, owns his own tattoo parlour and is in a long-term relationship; Liam is seventeen, in his...
401K 13.4K 61
I know what you're thinking. Another Adopted by One Direction story? But I promise, this one is different. You've probably heard that before, huh? We...
12.4K 161 32
Louis Tomlinson : 1/5 of world loved boy band one direction. All his life he thought he only had four sisters, Lottie, fizzy,phoebe and daisy. When i...