Family Ties | JJK

By thirstae-hyung

"Why can't you admit that you love me?" He begged. "Because in my world- in this world- love gets you killed... More

01: Chance Encounters
02: Save Me
03: Night Visits
04: Criminal?
05: 3 Questions
06: Home
07: Scared?
08: Side by Side
09: Sexual Tension
10: Sleeping Arrangements
11: Just a Kiss
12: Sweet Dreams
13: Like Magic
14: Beware his Wrath
15: Please Stay
16: Jimin's Vendetta
17: Your Embrace
18: Make Me
19: Painted Skin
20: Bloody Nightmares
21: Midnight Blue
22: Taken
23: Healing TaeTae
24: Don't Stop
25: Recovery
26: Family Ties
27: Hyperthymesia
28: Skin Deep
29: Broken Boy
30: Fight or Flight
31: A Father's Tale
32: His Reminder
33: Night Of Pain
34: Never Leave Me
35: Stolen Voice
36: Touch (Smut Warning)
37: Twisted Message
38: Jungkook's Fight
40: Jimin's Love | Yoongi's Fear
41: The Devil's Deal
42: Double-Cross
43: Black with Evil
44: Game Over
45: Pandora's Box
46: Vantae | Agust D
47: Are You Scared?
48: Sweet Fang
49: 10 Seconds
50: 'I ran it'
51: Saved Me
52: Our Forever
53: Coming Home
54: Serendipity
55: The Spaces Between Us
56: Love Me Loudly
57: Love Languages
58: Shatter Me
59: All Our Pieces (18+)

39: An Exchange

2.1K 95 19
By thirstae-hyung

**

'They've taken him!' You shout, hurling yourself through the doors, dropping to your knees in the living room, the boys all immediately reacting at once.

Hearing too many questions you simply cry harder, your chest heaving, and stutter out through your sobs, 'I'm sorry... Sorry, it's all my fault, I was too far, I couldn't stop them. He's gone. Jungkook, he's gone! Tae-'

You fall into his chest hiccupping, a total mess. The boy you rest on trembles and shakes, drawing up his shaking hands he grips your shoulders to look you in the eyes intently.

You see fear and panic storming through those vast chocolate eyes, and you hate what you have to tell him.

'Jungkook, he was running after me,' you groan at your own mistake, your worst nightmare becomes reality. 'They've taken him! They grabbed him and put him in a van, they've hurt him to hurt me... I don't know what to do.' You see six sets of eyes trained on you, wide and unblinking.

Jimin, sweet Jimin, Jungkook's best friend, looks at you through teary lashes and asks, 'Who? Why? Why have they taken him? What do they want?'

The rest of them huddle around, shoulders touching, keeping each other grounded. Jin looks at you in fear whilst you answer.

'Who? Kang Sun, notorious Mob boss of Seoul... Why? To hurt me... What they want?'

You sigh, knowing the truth, the truth that haunted your sleep and still now, stung across your cheek.

'They want me back.'

**

Silence.

No one knew what to say.

But you don't need words to know what was going through the boy's heads.

The boys were thinking with their hearts, whilst you were thinking with logic, seeing the worst possibilities, the end consequences, which is why you sit in total despair.

Kang Sun had made it obvious, he wanted you back, and he would take them one by one until you gave up the fight.

You or them.

How could they choose?

They couldn't.

There was no option. That choice was no choice at all. You for Jungkook. No, they wouldn't, they could never.

'I have to go.' You say, emotionless, pulling yourself away from Tae's embrace.

Hoseok looks at you with a burning fire in his eyes, 'Go where?'

'Back to my old home.'

'No!' Tae and Hoseok shout together, surging forwards, the six surround you tightly.

'I have to, this is all my fault,' you look wildly around, close to losing control, 'every second I spend here, is a second longer that Jungkook Is with... Is with... Is with that monster!' You shout.

'We can't lose you too!' Tae shouts back to you.

But your too panicked, too scared and fearful for what may be happening to Jungkook that very moment.

'I don't care! Okay! I don't care, I have to go save him, Jungkook can't survive there- in the wolf pack. None of you can, you don't understand how dangerous it is!'

At your words, Yoongi and Tae look at each other quickly, only for a second, but it is a gaze that holds a lifetime of pain and darkness. To see it on their faces astounds you. But before you even truly see the emotion in the abyss of their gaze, it is gone, replaced by their fear and panic.

Namjoon speaks up, tension dripping from his body. 'Y/N can you get in contact with him?'

You look at him with pain, 'No I told you Jungkook is gone! Gone.'

Namjoon hurries to correct you, 'No, not Jungkook... Kang Sun, can you?'

The air stills around him as the impact of his words sink in, and then before you can open your mouth to reply Jin is pulling you tightly back, holding your wrist fiercely.

'No Joonie, she can't!'

Namjoon looks conflicted as he senses Jin's worry, but still he tries, 'She can Jin, and right now this is our only hope-'

'There has to be another way-'

'There isn't!' He shouts, pulling at his hair in frustration.

Tae, Jimin, and Hoseok watch the twos exchange silently, in fear of the elders. Whilst Yoongi observes quietly, choosing to speak up.

'She's not a child Jin-hyung, Namjoon, what are you thinking?'

With that Jin sighs but still holds you close to him, you breathe in his warmth and look at Namjoon, seeing the moment his eyes zero in on Yoongi, the two almost speaking telepathically, finishing each other's sentences.

'Has to be kept quiet, has to be resolved-' Joon says, Yoongi nods, breathing his reply dangerously, 'and quickly to, no time to spare-'

'Before any managers find out-' Namjoon starts, 'Or any fans.' Yoongi finishes.

'No one speaks outside of this room... Agreed?'

Yoongi blinks once... 'Agreed'

After a short nod from Namjoon he turns back to face everyone, 'Listen up okay and listen closely, this is what we're going to do...'

**

The phone shakes, held in your clammy hands.

You knew the number easily, one of the thousands stored in your memory.

Shakily you key in the digits, the beep of each number startlingly loud in the silence surrounding you.

Once it is done. You raise your eyes and stare at the boys around you, no one speaking. Taking a deep breath you press call, next to you Yoongi twitches but stays seated.

It is answered after three rings.

'Ah, Y/N, I wondered how long it would take to receive your call.'

You grit your teeth, hearing Kang Sun's voice, permeating your ear, you feel bile rise in your throat, chest jumping as you began to hyperventilate.

A strong hand stills your shaking thigh, from next to you Yoongi doesn't look at you, but still comforts you in his own way. The rest of them all giving you strength with their presence to finish this god damn call.

'Don't play with me Boss, you forget I know every one of your games.'

He laughs delighted at your fiery attitude, 'Dear Y/N, so angry, tut tut, didn't I teach you better?'

'Of course I'm angry, you took what doesn't belong to you.'

'Ahhh, yes, the boy,' he pretends to muse, playing with you, 'he put up quite a fight in the beginning, that didn't last long.'

Images of a limp, bloody Jungkook flash across your mind and you seethe.

You forget Namjoon's tight plan, the words you need to make him say, the evidence you need. You see red and you do not wait before hissing back, 'If he comes back with a single scratch... Any sign of injury I will make you pay, believe me when I say, I will make you regret ever knowing me.'

In a blind fury you raise slightly from your seat, twisting around when you hear a sob.

Tae holds back his tears, held by Hoseok. His pain cuts you and ebbs your anger and, sensing an opportunity, Namjoon pulls you back to sitting, mouthing the plan, over and over, pointing to the device he had plugged into your phone.

Sighing you realise you had almost failed, if Kang Sun were to put the phone down now, you had nothing. So screwing up your face you say, 'Wait!'.

Across the line, you hear the tell-tale sound of breathing, and so you begin.

'You are the top Mob boss of Seoul, you run all of the smaller gangs across the city, everything happens under you.' Still, you push. 'You don't deny that?'

'Stupid girl, of course not. I'm Kang Sun, leader and ruler of my empire, nothing happens without my consent!' even now he rises to your bait and yes, you think, and that, Kang Sun is your biggest weakness. Grinning at Namjoon, for you got what you needed, you begin the next part of the plan, the part you had planned yourself in silence- the boys did not know what you were about to do.

'Then let me make a deal with you, between us,' the boys look up alarmed from the change in plan.

'I will promise my loyalty for Jungkook's return.'

You wait with bated breath.

'An exchange?' He dares ask.

You breath softly, not looking at the others... 'Yes.'

You feel the electricity running through the phone, and quickly you shout out, 'But he has to be safe... Un-hurt.' Across the line, you hear an evil little laugh.

'Oh, I won't harm your precious Jungkook, as long as you cooperate Y/N, we both know you can be difficult if you want to, but make this harder than it has to be and he will suffer.'

And you know he means every word, 'Just don't touch him, and I'm yours.'

'Deal. Tomorrow, 11:30 at the place you last broke the enemy.' You shudder at the reminder, typical tactic, suggest a meeting point with an emotional attachment to throw the person's focus, how lucky that you could turn your emotions off like the flick of a switch.

'I'll be there.'

'Alone.'

The six all react immediately, clenching their fists and making strangled noises of anger.

'Okay.'

'Don't be late Y/N.'

The line goes dead, five sets of held breaths exhale at once and you feel more alone than ever before.

But Namjoon's hand, lightly squeezing your clamped fist, reminds you. He has a plan.

Rising shakily, you see them all look at you in fear and upset and you know why, but you had done what needed to be done, so walking away, you don't let them argue with you.

You would do anything to get him back home- anything.

**

The police had listened to your story. From start to end. At first, you thought it wouldn't work, you saw the doubt in their eyes, the tiredness from working too many long hours with too little pay. They just didn't care nowadays, you knew it, you could sense it.

But when you pulled out Namjoon's recorder and played back your conversation on the phone with Kang Sun, you saw their eyes light up slightly, like dogs sniffing a trail.

They could sense a case.

With Yoongi and Namjoon next to you, the three of you had explained what needed to be done- telling them the date and time for the exchange and a promise that they would be their undercover as back up, you walk away from station feeling hopeful but scared.

You return to the dorm that evening feeling uplifted with purpose. Namjoon's plan had worked, for all your worrying and doubts. It had worked. The police were coming, you would get Jungkook back, and with the evidence you gave them, Kang Sun would be arrested.

You didn't like to let yourself hope, not when it was so early, but when you walked through the door and smiled lightly and the rest of the boys and Hoseok swung you around crying with happiness and hope... Hope that by tomorrow Jungkook would be home... Well, you couldn't help but feel the warm beginnings of hope in your veins.

Everything was okay.

Everything would be okay.

They had a plan.

They would get Jungkook back.

So why did Yoongi look so unhappy? Jimin thought.

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.5K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...
243K 9.3K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...
174K 3.7K 59
> Y/n:- yk what? You're talking like a mafia Suga:- we are... Jimin:- hyung????? Y/n:- what? You're maf- Tae:- no he's just joking Y/n:- you're my br...