Time has brought your heart t...

By chickenialls

Claire Shields and Harry Styles. Did you mean drama mixed with love,fame and stupid horny jokes? Yes. More

Chapter 1: I still feel the pain
Chapter 2: Shopping and meeting unexpectedly with Niall
Chapter 3: He said what?
Chapter 4: Words will be just words till you bring them to life
Chapter 6: It's about you lying to my face for a long time.
Chapter 7: 'Claire and One Direction minus Harry' is trending
Chapter 8: I dunno, I just remembered us naked
Chapter 9: that's part of the package of hanging with me.
Chapter 10: Let me fake a smile and force myself to say that I moved on too.
Chapter 11:Have fun at the strip club getting wasted and drunk
Chapter 12: I call him Tan, he calls me Air.
Chapter 13: What if we..
Chapter 14: You're such a fucking beautiful bitch.
Chapter 15: We're really awkward now that we're friends
Chapter 16: I'm a screwed up mess
Chapter 17: I'm not like other ex boyfriends
Chapter 18: Anything can happen in a lift
Chapter 19: I miss us
Chapter 20: The truth is finally out
Chapter 21: Turn around, You owe me a kiss
Chapter 22:We're both mudbloods, you lunatic.
Chapter 23:I would have preferred you topless
Chapter 24: Touched by accident, kissed on purpose.
Chapter 25:My boyfriend misses making out with my best friend
Chapter 26: Did you just flirt with me?
Chapter 27: Are we ever going to...
Chapter 28: Tonight let's get some.
Chapter 29: A happy ending.
"BANDAGE THE DAMAGE"

Chapter 5: He never stopped caring, love

11K 144 27
By chickenialls

*Claire's POV* 

"So did he say anything else after we left?" Asked Louis coldly.

"He asked me to meet up to him." I reply not making any eye contact with him.

"And you said yes?" Asked Liam curiously.

I lift up my head and meet Liam's eyes and I could see hurt flick through. 

"No." I state firmly. "He messed me up once, and that's enough." 

Liam sighs. 

Niall doesn't say a word.

Zayn looks at the ground.

Louis crosses his arms stubbornly.

"I am not talking to him until he tells us the truth." Louis says giving us a hard look.

"I feel like this is all my fault. Why the hell did I have to meet him again? I was perfectly fine without him, I was perfectly happy trying to move on, trying to fix myself up, and trying to enjoy my stupid life." I say to myself, I can see the boys from the corner of my eye, looking at me weirded out.

"Don't try to understand any of that crap I just said." I face them. "I can't lie, it's stupid and I'm stupid, I tried  alright? I tried to move on, I tried to enjoy my life, I tried to look like I didn't care about him anymore, but that's not true, I've never stopped caring, and I'm tired of trying." I sigh not in the party mood anymore.

All I wanna do right now is go home and watch pretty little liars and eat ice cream and forget about this, just for a few hours, but I can't leave now, I wish it was that simple, I still have to stay here to write my assignment or else I won't pass, and this depends on my whole future.

Someone hugs me gently and I notice that it's Niall. I hug him tightly and he whispers to me, "You need the hug love." 

I smile, pulling back. 

"It's not your fault Claire, he better has a valid reason for doing this." Says Zayn.

"I can't believe my best friend lied to me." Says Louis quietly.

I lean next to Louis and tell him, "I'm sorry I got into this mess."

"Sorry? It's not your bloody fault my best friend is a liar. I wish we were still in high school." He sighed.

All the boys agreed with him and I found myself saying, "Those were the days, where I was in love and had seven great best friend behind my back."

"We're still here." Niall says.

"It's not the same and you know it.I should get back...to Hannah and Deborah, we still have assignments to cover." I tell them shifting my bag to the other shoulder.

"Claire." Louis stops me.

"What?" I ask him.

"I want to see you again, all of us do, we've missed you so much, we thought you forgot about us when Harry said you broke up with him, believe me Niall cried." Louis looked at Niall, while the blondie boy just blushed to himself.

"Well I'm flattered you care, but I do not want to cause trouble, after all my ex boyfriend is part of your band, and I am not good at hiding my emotions as you clearly saw." I tell them hiding my face.

Zayn surprises me as he speaks, "You have every right to be mad at him, he could have been.. honest. But we wanna see you again Claire. Give us our phones and we'll punch down our numbers, and we could meet up with you sometime."

Sighing I unzip my bag and hand them my iPhone 4s.

"Impressive!" Zayn smirks at my phone.

"Well, you don't have to be in a boyband to have an iPhone and Hannah bought me that." I smile.

"Did Hannah get any hotter since we left?" Asked Zayn eagerly.

"Hold it cowboy, she got a man, and he's a real hottie, I swear if I wasn't so caught up with Styles I would totally go for him." I smirk.

Louis rolls his eyes. 

"Seriously he has some abs." I smirk.

"Remember the first time me and Zayn actually spoke to you was when our english class was over and you kept on saying insults to Harry? Man that was one of the most funniest days ever, and everytime you called Harry 'Styles' he would get so pissed off, aah I miss those days." Louis says as he sighs.

"You're not the only one who misses those days Lou, and now since I'm no longer Harry Styles friend I've gone back to reffering to him as Styles, I could go with dumbass though, that always suited him." I say grinning.

"We should call him Styles tomorrow and we'll force him to say the truth." Points out suggestively Liam.

"High five Lee-yum." Says Louis as they both grin and high five.

"Alright guys, I have to go, it's..." I check the time as the boys hand me back my phone and my eyes bulge out. "Oh god it's already quarter to midnight, I have got to write down ideas for the assignment." I sigh. 

"I love you all guys, I never forgot about you, you guys will always be my four boy best friends." I say cheekily.

Without warning Louis I attack him with a hug and I can hear the boys chuckle. I linger for a few seconds more before I pull back.

"I'm going to miss you Claire, I hope we can meet up!" He says to me smiling.

"Yeah we definteley will, just don't bring him with you." I tell him, he nods as he understands to who I'm referring.

I give them all a bone crushing hug. "Alright boys, see you when I'll see you!" 

"Wait Claire." Niall stops me.

I turn around, waiting for him to go on. "Can I help with your writing? I can give you ideas, the boys won't mind right lads?" He turns to them.

"Sure you go and ditch us for a hot girl." Winks Louis.

I blush violet. 

"I see Claire is still the same old girl who's always blushing." Mimicks Liam.

"Shut up lads." I mimick Niall, as he gives me a flat look.

"Let's go mate." I tell him in an irish accent.

"Haha, not even close." He gives me another flat look.

We wave off the others boys, and he walks closely next to me.

"So what exactly do you have to do?" He asks me as he eyes me closely.

"I have to write a full long description of the party, the atmosphere, the vibe it gives, everything. The people that are here, the food the drinks. This is really important to me as it's like three quarters of my grade, and I depend on this for my future." I tell him significantly.

He nods and gives me a smile, "You got a notepad and a pen I'm guessing?" He extends his hand waiting for me.

I obediently take out my notepad and pen. I watch as his eyes hover over my writing and his lips move while reading.

"You have to go deeper Claire." 

"I don't have time now, I have to do it at home." I reply.

He walks over to one of the many benches and sits down, I follow and we soon find ourselves looking around.

"Alright we could write In the backyard, under the moonlight you could see the pool's clean shining water reflecting the twinkling lights that are all over the place. What about that?" He asks me as he keeps on scribbling.

I smile widely, "I never knew you were smart at writing Ni! I'm surprised." I tease.

"Haha, again not even close." He retorts.

"How about As the night grows older the sky gets darker and darker and you could just see the stars showing off a bit of light. Underneath this mesmerizing view there's a party going on." I stop and take another look. "In the beginning of the paragraph I could write about the people that are here." 

Niall nods and takes my pen again and writes, "The people that are here are all dresses elegantly and it gives the party a posh vibe. Couples every here and there." I take the pen and add, "They are rich people, you could tell from the way they talk and the way they act, every woman being a ladylike and every man being a gentleman. Celebrities are here too, and they are just like everybody else, they're here to enjoy their free time, with people they like to hang out with." I look up at Niall to see him still reading my writing.

"That's good babe, but I'm not a celebrity now am I?" He questions.

I let out a laugh and say, "No of course not, you're just a member from a world wide known boy band, and everybody knows who you are, you're not a celebrity. "I say as every word I say tastes like sarcasm.

He smiles at me sheepishly, "Okay maybe I am, but I find it weird." 

I look up to him, "How weird Niall? You're living the dream right?" 

Niall rests his back on the bench lazily then says, "I am, I've always wanted to this, but it's weird, so many things changed every since you were out of the picture, I was always depressed without you, I mean it was always so boring without you, I'm surprised I lived up to this day." He jokes.

"Really boring without me?" I ask.

"And so were the boys, Louis thought you didn't want to talk to him again, after you broke up with Harry. And Harry? Should I even start? He wasn't himself for god knows how long. He spent so many nights awake, couldn't sleep a wink, everyday he would feel useless without you Claire, and I'm not saying this to feel sympathy for him, cause that's the last thing he deserves, but from my point of view, he took a long while to recover from you, he wasn't being loud and obnoxious, and one time. I remember." Niall stops and looks at me. I swear I am about to burst into tears. He leans over and hugs me tightly while he says, "I remember we were at starbucks and this really hot girl passed by, and she was eyeing Harry the whole time, and he didn't even flirt or make a comment about her boobs, he just dropped his head and looked at the ground, now that was the time where Harry felt so hurt." He says to me.

I couldn't hold it any longer, and a few tears fall down.

"So he cared?" I ask him.

Niall soothed me by plaing with my hair, "He never stopped caring love, I swear he was always stalking your twitter and your facebook, going through every photo you got tagged." He chuckles.

I kept quiet, trying not to tear up again.

"I know this won't make sense at all, but I want to kiss him and slap him at the same time, like I still care for him but I don't. Do you understand?" I ask him.

"Yeah I do, hey love is never easy." He winks.

"This is not love. This is ex love." I say in a monotone.

"Well can't it possibly turn back into real love?" He asks me.

"Not even close." I mimick.

 ~

Author's Note: Vote for the sweet talk she had with Niall? ;)

Another terrible edit of Claire and Harry, what do you think? How would you rate the picture from 1 out of 10? :) 

love you all x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 445 11
A (kinda) short story about tattoos, the photographs you keep, comeback records, and what comes after. ~a post break up au~
41.4K 782 25
An abusive, possessive boyfriend keeping Katie Rudd trapped until she meets Harry Styles on a vacation. Harry Styles fan fic
803 33 27
(Shit happens) madison and her 2 bffs start college and shit happens
1.3M 48.4K 59
"Love is like drinking beer. Once you get too much of it, you start acting stupid." -Klara Styles. "Love is the only thing in this world that covers...