Chapter 5: He never stopped caring, love

*Claire's POV* 

"So did he say anything else after we left?" Asked Louis coldly.

"He asked me to meet up to him." I reply not making any eye contact with him.

"And you said yes?" Asked Liam curiously.

I lift up my head and meet Liam's eyes and I could see hurt flick through. 

"No." I state firmly. "He messed me up once, and that's enough." 

Liam sighs. 

Niall doesn't say a word.

Zayn looks at the ground.

Louis crosses his arms stubbornly.

"I am not talking to him until he tells us the truth." Louis says giving us a hard look.

"I feel like this is all my fault. Why the hell did I have to meet him again? I was perfectly fine without him, I was perfectly happy trying to move on, trying to fix myself up, and trying to enjoy my stupid life." I say to myself, I can see the boys from the corner of my eye, looking at me weirded out.

"Don't try to understand any of that crap I just said." I face them. "I can't lie, it's stupid and I'm stupid, I tried  alright? I tried to move on, I tried to enjoy my life, I tried to look like I didn't care about him anymore, but that's not true, I've never stopped caring, and I'm tired of trying." I sigh not in the party mood anymore.

All I wanna do right now is go home and watch pretty little liars and eat ice cream and forget about this, just for a few hours, but I can't leave now, I wish it was that simple, I still have to stay here to write my assignment or else I won't pass, and this depends on my whole future.

Someone hugs me gently and I notice that it's Niall. I hug him tightly and he whispers to me, "You need the hug love." 

I smile, pulling back. 

"It's not your fault Claire, he better has a valid reason for doing this." Says Zayn.

"I can't believe my best friend lied to me." Says Louis quietly.

I lean next to Louis and tell him, "I'm sorry I got into this mess."

"Sorry? It's not your bloody fault my best friend is a liar. I wish we were still in high school." He sighed.

All the boys agreed with him and I found myself saying, "Those were the days, where I was in love and had seven great best friend behind my back."

"We're still here." Niall says.

"It's not the same and you know it.I should get back...to Hannah and Deborah, we still have assignments to cover." I tell them shifting my bag to the other shoulder.

"Claire." Louis stops me.

"What?" I ask him.

"I want to see you again, all of us do, we've missed you so much, we thought you forgot about us when Harry said you broke up with him, believe me Niall cried." Louis looked at Niall, while the blondie boy just blushed to himself.

"Well I'm flattered you care, but I do not want to cause trouble, after all my ex boyfriend is part of your band, and I am not good at hiding my emotions as you clearly saw." I tell them hiding my face.

Zayn surprises me as he speaks, "You have every right to be mad at him, he could have been.. honest. But we wanna see you again Claire. Give us our phones and we'll punch down our numbers, and we could meet up with you sometime."