The Collins Curse | ✓

By wnnojhoming

|| FEATURED BY WATTPAD || In which a cursed girl seeks comfort from a boy who radiates with every bit of posi... More

introduction
aesthetics
the collins curse
| prologue |
01 | "you're not donnie"
02 | "i'm calling to check up on you"
03 | "you think my voice is sexy?"
04 | "let's play a game"
05 | "reubena?"
06 | "knock, knock"
07 | "holy shit kenzie! it just moved!"
08 | "there's an old lady mean-mugging me"
09 | "i needed a pep talk"
10 | "love?"
11 | "i want to meet you"
12 | "would you like me to come?"
13 | "you can not leave the house"
14 | "adam's epileptic"
16.1 | "a witch with a captial b"
16.2 | "mystery miles?"
17.1 | "he almost burned the kitchen down"
17.2 | "answer it before it stops ringing"
17.3 | "im sorry but who are you?"
18 | "thanksgiving"
19 | "texting you is werid"
20 | "im meeting someone"
21 | "you're cute"
22 | "emilio's a very messy eater"
23 | "a day full of fun"
24 | "miles! im sooo close!"
25 | "happy birthday kenzie"
26 | "my girlfriend?"
27 | "i was a prison baby"
28 | "i love you"
29 | "where's kenzie?"
30 | "it was a cruel joke"
31.1 | "i don't want you here"
31.2 | "you're it for me"
32 | "i love you miles"
| epilogue |
thank you
bonus chapter | 01 | wrong number

15 | "we'll be here when you wake up"

5.9K 354 164
By wnnojhoming

The police officers, paramedics, nurses, and the doctor said Miles was lucky

Lucky to have survived a car crash as fatal as the one he encountered. They didn't understand how he had managed to leave the site of the accident with just a broken right arm, a few stitches, and concussion. Miles couldn't help but agree with what the professionals were saying as they attended his case, sitting on the examining table in agony and pain.

He had woken up in the ambulance on his way to the hospital being hyper-aware of every little detail that had happened to have him be in the position he was in, not being able to go back to sleep. Miles shut his eyes as excruciating pain shot through head wishing he had been unconscious the whole ride to the hospital, instead of enduring the agony he was going through. His back felt heavy from the numbness of the anesthesia injection they had given earlier, allowing him not to feel the precise sutures the doctor pierced through his skin closing the ugly gash that Miles knew for sure would leave a scar. All while the nurse tended his swollen purple blue wrist, layering the fiberglass with equal precision, shaping what would become a black synthetic cast that Miles would have to flaunt around for the next six weeks, much to his dismay.

"And that is it, Mr. Alfonsi. You are lucky to have survived the accident with these minor injuries. The medicine we gave you earlier will cause drowsiness but will help ease a headache you have. As for your concussion, we're are going to take an MRI whenever you're ready, and you are to stay overnight so we can monitor your concussion. Any --"

"EMILIO!!"

Before Miles had the ability to reply no, he heard a very familiar voice of his Nonna and another from his dad trying to shoosh her following a stampede of what he knew for sure was the rest of his family.

"Shit" Miles hissed lowly under his breath, his headache growing by the second.

"You know them."

"Unfortunately." He groaned, not daring to look at the door as his family stepped in. Miles knew he was about to get a mean lecture from his Nonna.

"EMILIO! I TOLD YOU NOT GO OUT TODAY!" Nonna yelled as she smacked Miles across the back of his head.

"Mom!"

"OWWWWWWW!"

Miles and his dad yelled both at the same time.

"Ma'am, I refrain you hitting him anywhere especially since Mr. Alfonsi has a concussion, we wouldn't want it to get worse and result in something serious." The doctor replied simply as if this wasn't the first time he had experienced this.

"I don't care if he has a concussion, he should have listened to me when I called, but noooo him and his Nonno want to mock me and say I worry too much." Miles grandmother spat as her son tried to calm her down.

There was commotion all around him, and it didn't seem to stop even as they all made their way down to the room he had be staying in for the night. Miles was tired, exhausted, and was slowing starting to become irritated with all the unnecessary noise that surrounded him, but he wouldn't change a thing. Miles wasn't always this lucky when it came to family, his first seven years of his life consisted of him moving from one foster home to the next, but he was thankful for it. Without the small struggles, the little bumps in the road he wouldn't be here with this crazy, chaotic, but loving family.

"Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?" Miles mom sat next to him on the hospital bed, caressing his cheek as he rested his head on the pillow, feeling in heaven.

"Hi, Momma. I'm f..f..fine." Miles yawned the effects of the medicine kicking in.

"Why don't you rest for a bit."

Just as his eyes were about to flutter close he glanced around the room one more time taking in the scene in front of him. Laughter erupted all around him as his Nonno shared stories from his past, bringing up the love-hate relationship him and Nonna had, and for a second Miles didn't want to sleep, not wanting to miss the fun since he was seven years old.

"We will all be here when you wake up, I promise you won't miss a thing." His mother finished off with a soft kiss on his forehead, just as eyes finally fluttered shut. His dreams were filled with sweet thoughts of a first meeting that never happened.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It had been fifteen days since Miles was in an accident.

Ten days since Miles finally got a new a phone and saw a few messages from Kenzie on the day they were supposed to meet.

Nine days waiting for her to make the first move, despite how desperately his fingers itched to call her.

Seven days since he sent his first voicemail message explaining the reason for not showing up.

Six days since he had texted her multiple times for her yet to reply to.

Five days since he realized that maybe she was mad at him for 'standing her up'.

Four days since he shamelessly called her every hour until he went to bed.

Three days since her voice mailbox reached its max from his desperate attempts to talk to her.

Two days since his mind started to create heart-dropping scenarios for the reason why she wasn't picking up.

One day since his heart officially dropped to the pit of his stomach.

Miles' heart constricted in his chest making it hard for him to breathe as he dialed the phone for the ninth time today only for it end in a voicemail. He had wondered a dozen times what it would feel like if Kenzie ever let go the piece of his heart that she had managed to grasp, and the way he felt, he would never wish it even upon his worst enemy.

Just as devastated as he felt, he also felt angry. Angry at Kenzie for ignoring his calls and text, and angry at the world for putting him in such an unsettling situation. Right, when he was about to throw his phone against the wall in frustration he managed to think the sensible and decided against it; because what would he do if his phone broke and Kenzie had finally reached out to him.

Miles sighed sitting at the edge of his bed staring at the phone that was just a call away from the girl that had made his way into his heart.

Kenzie.

Maybe nine was an unlucky number for phone calls. Maybe he had to try for the tenth time for her to finally pick up, and he took the excuse as a reason to call the girl one last time before he promised himself to never call again, and with all his lucky stars on his good side. Miles released a breath he didn't know he was holding just as the phone picked up on the other end.

"Hello?"

"OH MY GOD KENZIE! IS THAT...WHERE HAVE...ARE YOU...Wait...Your not Kenzie..."

"No... no I'm not..."

"Well doesn't this feel like déjà vu..." Miles muttered lowly.

"You're the mystery Miles my sister has been talking to these past few months. I'm Lainey, Kenzie's older sister."

"Oh, nice to meet you Lainey...Umm... is Kenzie there? It's been two weeks since I last spoke to her and I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"Yeah, she's here, she's just asleep."

"Ohh... well, do you know when it's a good time to call back?"

"She hasn't told you has she...?" Lainey sighed with frustration on the other end.

"Told me what?" Miles furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Oh. God. Wow. This is going to be tough."

"Is everything okay? ....Is Kenzie okay?

"She's doing better and we're hoping it stays that way."

"What's tha..." Miles felt uneasy, he didn't like the way the conversation was flowing.

"It's not for me to tell...Miles just know that you've helped her. She's been going through a lot, in fact, we've all been going through a lot because of it, but ever since she started talking to you she's been livelier, happier, and back to her old crazy bubbly self. You've really been the light at the end of the tunnel and Wesley and I can't thank you enough for that. I know when the time comes she will tell you everything, but please be patient, especially if your willing to stay and know this side of her."

"I...uh...I'm don't know what to say aside from that I'm definitely here to stay." Miles concluded.

"Haha. You're a good kid Miles, and you don't have to say anything. Keep doing whatever you're doing because having old Kenzie back is making this journey a lot less miserable for her and us both. You've really been the friend she needed.

Miles didn't what to say he was an absolute awe.

"I'm sorry but I have to go now. It was nice talking to you. Kenzie will be thrilled to know you called to check up on her. Goodbye!"

"Bye."

The conversation he had with Lainey didn't ease the unsettlement he had in his stomach prior to calling Kenzie. In fact, it grew tenfolds and he hated the feeling, but one thing was for sure, Miles was here to stay.

He had wait eternity for her to call him back because Kenzie had stolen his heart, and he wasn't quite ready to take it back just yet.

Or ever.

I finished this chapter a lot earlier than I thought I would and decided to post it today instead of tomorrow so all you lovely readers could enjoy :)

Who knew Miles had a past lol and thoughts on the conversation Miles had with Lainey?

If you enjoyed this chapter please tap the star button and vote, I'd really appreciate it!

Until then, see y'all on Friday

xoxo,

Wnnojhoming

P.S. Is it cold where you live? Because I think winter came a little too early where I live and I'm turning into a literal walking ice cube lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 73 76
horror and sad and happy little bit
366K 7.3K 23
When the anxious, new girl to the school runs into the popular boy and his friends she couldn't be more mortified. He couldn't be more godsmacked. ...
1.1K 22 14
"Do you understand that I'm just like you, Mina?" I envy those who are loved. And Dae has it all, the love, the support, everything... There are no...
1.4M 37.8K 55
Two teens struggle to survive their way through the last year of sixth form. Neither have ever communicated with one another, not once throughout the...