Recovering

By Ariamour15

I'm not completely okay, but I'm getting better. A/N Sequal to That One Girl. More

I'm Back In California!
Sleepover
Jake's Birthday
What's Wrong?
Seeing Her Family
Seeing Her Family (2)
Homophobic Sister
A Small Box
Going Back to LA
Thoughts
Arguments
A Talk
Let's Shower Together!
Can't Forget About School and Work
College Bullying
Journal
Hollywood Records
New Singer on the Rise
Taking a Break?
Back In LA
Ice Cream
What Happened to Her?
What Happened to Her (2)
Can't Promise Something That Isn't True
Gone Rouge
That Wasn't Me!
Meeting
Gaji Ma
Clean
Birthday
Birthday (2)
Pennsylvania
34

Nightmares

807 39 4
By Ariamour15

(2 weeks later)

Rowan's POV

"Wait no- stop. STOP IT! Let go of me!" Y/N started screaming while she was sleeping. She kept tossing and turning and started whimpering. "Y/N wake up!" I shook her, but she didn't wake up.

Lately, she's been having nightmares. She would never tell us about what it was about. Tonight we decided to have a sleepover and as you can see, it's not okay.

"Wake up!" I said, trying to wake her up but she was still screaming and crying. This is not good at all! I called an ambulance and told them what was going on and they took her immediately. I hurried to the hospital and I stayed in the waiting room.

"Where is Y/N?" Jake asked, looking around frantically. I had calmed him as soon as I got here.

"She's with a doctor right now. You are her friends, correct?" A nurse said and we nodded. "Yes. I'm Rowan and his name is Jake. What's going on?" I asked.

A doctor came out. "She's stuck in a nightmare and she's too scared to wake up. Her body is over heating as well and we're trying her best to calm her down. She keeps mumbling a name as well. Sabrina?" He questioned.

"Yes. That would be her best friend at the moment." I know that the two of them are taking a break right now.

"Right. Can you see if she can get here to the hospital? Maybe she can help calm Y/N down enough to wake up." The doctor said.

"Okay. I'll call her right now. Excuse me." I left outside and called Sabrina. "Come on, Bri. Pick up the phone. It's important." I said, before I finally heard a voice from my phone. "Hello?" Sabrina's voice answered groggily.

"Hey. How fast can you get to the hospital?" I asked and heard movements from the line.

"Who's in the hospital, Row? You know what it doesn't matter. I'm on my way." The phone called ended quickly. Not even 10 minutes later, she came into the hospital entrance.

"Who's here?" She asked. "Just me and Jake. I didn't tell Becca or Corey yet."

"Wait a minute." She came to a realization. "Y/N's in the hospital?!"

"Yeah." Jake said.

"What happened?" She asked, and I could tell that she was starting to panic.

"She fell asleep and had a nightmare, and right now she can't wake up from it. She's trapped in it." I explained.

"Hello. Are you Miss Sabrina?"

"Yes." She answered to the doctor.

"Okay. We need you to try to calm Y/N down enough so she can wake up. Do you think you can do that? She keeps muttering your name over and over again."

"Yeah. Of course."

"Okay. Before we try, can someone please tell us what happened?" The doctor said and started writing on a paper on his clipboard.

"She was sleeping and then she started yelling for someone to let go off her. She started screaming and crying and I tried to wake her up but it didn't work." I explained.

He sighed.

"I thought so. Well let's go Sabrina. We'll give you two some privacy so you can try." Jake and I stayed in the waiting room while Sabrina headed out with the doctor and the nurse.

...
Sabrina's POV

"Can she hear me?" I asked before going inside, and the nurse nodded. "Maybe. Well we'll leave you too it. Come get us when you calm her down." I nodded and went inside.

She was whimpering and crying. "Y/N, Bearbear..." I said and grabbed on to her hand. "Can you hear me?" Her crying started stopping, but she was still crying a bit and whimpering.

"Make it stop. Please. Make it stop..." She mumbled, her tone heartbreaking.

"Y/N, wake up. You're asleep." I said. "Calm down. It's just a nightmare. I promise it'll stop when you wake up."

I kissed her hand lightly and she slowly opened her eyes. "Where am I?" She sat up quickly, alarmed and alert.

"In the hospital." I answered. I let go of her hand and was about to go get the doctor, but she stopped me.

"Wait, please." She said. Her eyes were bloodshot and her hair was messy. She looked scared and sad as well. "Don't leave me by myself. I don't want to be by myself."

"Y-yeah. Sure." I said and sat down in the chair beside her bed. "What were you dreaming about?" I asked, but she didn't respond. "You don't want to talk about it?" She shook her head.

"No. I don't."

"Okay then." I messaged Rowan to go tell them that Y/N was awake.

"How did I get here?" She asked, looking around the hospital room.

"Rowan." She nodded.

"I'm sorry." She said after a couple moments of slience.

"For what?" I asked, looking at the slightly younger girl. "For waking you up in the middle of the night. I wasn't trying to bother you or anything." She answered

"You weren't. Don't worry about it."

"Ah, Y/N. How are you?" A female doctor came in and Y/N shrugged. "Could be better."

"Nightmares?" She asked and Y/N nodded.

"I just want it to stop. It feels too real and it's too much." She answered.

"It'll get better, don't worry." The doctor said. They started having a conversation and I left the room. I don't think that she really wants me to hear everything.

"Is she okay?" Rowan asked.

"Yes. She's awake, and she's talking to her doctor right now." I said. "Hey, do you know if she came to the hospital before?" I asked.

"As far as I know, no. Jake?" We looked at Jake for an answer. He was just staring off into space. "Jake?" Rowan lightly nudged him.

He nodded slowly. "Yes she's came to the hospital before, but I can't tell you what about."

"She told you not to?" He nodded and the doctor came back out. "You guys can go on and see her now. I think she needs some company." We all went in and found her laying down with her eyes closed.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi Honey." Jake said and she smiled lightly.

"Hey bro."

"Hi Rowboat and Bri." She said.

"How did you know we were here?" Rowan asked and Y/N slightly shrugged.

"Lucky guess." She opened up her eyes. "Thanks for finding a way to wake me up."

"Why do you have nightmares? Wait, let me rephrase that. I mean why do you have nightmares often now?" Rowan asked.

"I don't know. I wish it would stop though." She said quietly and tried to hold her hand, but she flinched and quickly moved her hand away. "Please don't touch me."

"I'm sorry." I apologized and then I came to a terrible thought about why she's like this now. Please don't let me be right about this.

"Can you guys give us a minute alone?" I asked turning to my friends.

"Sure. We'll be outside." Rowan said, pulling Jake out. I turned back to the girl who had a quizzical look on her face. "Do you trust me? Do you feel safe talking to me about anything?"

"Yes I trust you. Why?" She asked.

"And you're okay with talking to me about anything?"

"Well yeah, but I don't see why you're asking." She said with a look of confusion on her face.

"I have a question for you." She nodded for me to continue with a small smile. "Did somebody touch you?" Her smile and sense of happiness vanished.

"You don't just ask t-" She started but I interrupted.

"Answer the question, Y/N. Did someone touch you?" I asked again. Her actions and reactions answered my question. "Who was it?"

"I don't know their name and I don't want to. Just leave it alone." She said.

"What happened and when?" I asked.

"You're asking too much. I can't tell you." She said and started playing with the promise ring on her finger.

"Why not? You said that you feel safe talking to me about anything." I said.

"I-i know. T-this is j-j-just, it's t-too hard t-to t-t-talk about. I-i can't. I'm sorry." She said as her bottom lip started to tremble slightly.

"Wait, wait Y/N. Please don't cry, Baby. I understand and I'm not going to make you tell me if you don't want to." I said, getting a bit closer to her.

"T-thanks. Can I go home now?" She asked, looking at the door. "Yes." Jake said, opening the door slightly.

"Okay." She answered quietly. She got up off the bed, wincing slightly when she stood up straight.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded. "Yep. Just fine."

As she was walking, I could tell that she was slightly limping.

"Are you sure that you're okay? Do you want me to carry you?" She shook her head no.

"No it's fine. I'm okay." She said. When we all started walking out the hospital, she froze in her spot. She started looking around the waiting room.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"N-nothing." She stuttered out and she grabbed onto Jake's hand and they started walking out quickly, practically running out.

We met them outside and they were waiting by the car. We decided not to speak on it because they probably wouldn't explain.

On the way home, Y/N had fallen asleep with her arms wrapped around Jake like she was clinging onto him for dear life. "Are you going to stay with her tonight? I don't think that she wants to be with me anymore." Rowan asked Jake, looking at them through the review mirror.

"Just for tonight." He answered. "To make sure that she's going to be okay." We dropped them off at her house and they got out.

"Hey Row, do you mind if I stay with you for tonight?" I asked and she nodded.

"Not at all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 14.9K 43
"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧" 𝐆×𝐆
282K 4.9K 18
Jungkook was treating Y/n a trash..after some weeks past y/n find out jungkook was cheating one her with her.......own.. bestfriend.. Until he regret...
56K 1.8K 84
Y/n is a huge singer that is in her early twentys. When her girl friend Anna Shumate gets pregnant as a tiktok star they both start a journey of preg...
61.7K 4.5K 46
ផ្តើមចេញពីអ្នកបម្រើក្នុងភូមិគ្រឹះលោកគហបតីក្លាយខ្លួនជាសំណព្វចិត្តលោកគហបតីសង្ហារត្រឹមមួយពព្រិចភ្នែកតើស្នេហារវាងអ្នកពីរនិងទៅជាយ៉ាងណាបើចង់ដឹងចុចអានទៅ🤭🤍