Obliviated [Drarry]βœ”οΈ

By HoneyBee4185

Famous Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, the Hero of the Wizarding World, is confronted with a problem. Draco... More

~Welcome!~
Rainy Coffee
Flash of White
Potter
Malfoy
Night Without Question
~AN~
Coffee Run-Ins
Broomsticks and Starry Nights
The Prophet and The Trial
Silence Says All
Dinner Tension
Return to Hogwarts
The Past and The Future
Peace Isn't Forever
Lost...
...and Found
~AN~
The Dark Mark
Two Sides to a Close
~AN~
'Prophet'able Gift
Shattering Glass
Snowy Coffee
The Beginning and End
BONUS CHAPTER
~Author's (Final) Note~

Shards to the Past

4K 214 164
By HoneyBee4185

You can listen to the music above it's from the Harry Potter soundtrack, it literally played after I posted this chapter, and I was like,"This is perfect!" It's also oddly similar to my title, go figure. 

~~~~

"Murrow!"

"Harry, he's hungry, it's your turn to feed him!"Draco yelled at the ceiling. He would have fed the small thing himself, but at the moment, he was preoccupied with studying a potions book.

There was a loud 'thump' and then footsteps traveling down the stairs until Harry's sleepy face showed up.

"W-Why,"Harry said mid-yawn,"d-don't you feed him yourself? You're sitting right there, almost right next to the cat food."

They had taken in the kitten they found about three weeks ago, and the couple had quickly concluded that the feline probably ate more than Draco and Harry combined. Harry wasn't new to cats, obviously Hermione's Crookshanks was good practice, but even he--a grown cat--didn't eat that much. As for what happened the day after they found the kitten, Draco was true to his word that he no longer gave much a blast-ended skrewt's bottom (haha) about what Rita said about his relationship with Harry. The Daily Prophet's first page was, in fact, a moving picture of Draco pulling Harry into the kiss where he told Rita off, and a headline with 'Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy-CONFIRMED ROMANCE'. Which Draco regarded with a "They really got my good side, didn't they?".

He set down his book and looked up at Harry plainly."I'm sorry, but who needs to review potions?"

"You," Harry muttered.

"And who is the one good enough to get a job including potions?"

Harry sighed,"You."

"Therefore-"

"-I feed Gypso, yeah I got it." Harry stated, reaching in the cabinet. He paused, then looked in it with a frown."And we're out. Brilliant."

Without looking up at his boyfriend, Draco tsked."And-"

"-and I'm going to go out and buy more. Yes I don't need you to tell me,"Harry groaned, rolling his eyes. A flick of his wand and his jacket was in his hands, along with his wallet. He tugged on his jacket as he made his way out the door.

Draco very loudly made a noise that was something like a cough."Aren't you forgetting something?"

Harry stared at him."What? I have my coat, my wallet, my wand, oh my umbrella!-"he stopped as he took in the deadly look Draco was giving him,"-oh." He walked back into the kitchen and planted a kiss on Draco's temple, then was on his way out again (with his umbrella too) as the blonde told him to be careful. He was gone, and Gypso hopped onto Draco's lap, purring. 

"You are just as attention-thirsty as him, you know that?"

Gypso rubbed his head on Draco's hand in response. 

He sighed, and scratched him on top of his fluffy head."You and him are lucky you're cute."

//

Harry studied the damp streets as he walked on to the nearest market. Muggles around him with similar mindsets and destinations, umbrellas clutched in hands in case it poured again. He passed his and Draco's cafe with a sigh. 

Is there anything else we need? I wouldn't want to come back again. Bread? Eggs?

He probably should have asked before he left, or should have at least checked. Draco would have done that. Probably with a smug statement of how he thought to look before heading off, unlike him

A smile grew on his upon the thought of Draco and his tendency to be a prat, as he passed a strangely dressed woman sporting a feathery hat with a a bird, and in contrast a tan pencil skirt and blue blouse. Now Harry didn't know much about fashion, but this woman clearly didn't have any. 

He passed her with the temptation to laugh on how Draco would have completely dragged her appearance, and immediately start with a lesson on how to dress. Another thought invaded his last one. With Gypso, their clothes would undoubtedly be covered in cat fur. He added a lint roller on his list.

Maybe some cat toys too...

//

"You have a thing for unruly pests don't you? Considering you've got another one,"Pansy snorted, while she pulled on a piece of string Gypso was playing with. 

Blaise looked at her."Who's the other?"

"Well Potter of course!" she let out a high pitched laugh, while Draco rolled his eyes. 

"Hilarious,"he said, reaching for the salt, then realizing it was empty. He sighed,"You know, I'd have thought we'd have enough salt, what with you here now."

He and Blaise laughed, and it was Pansy's turn to roll her eyes. 

Blaise found his breath again."So, you two are alright then?"

"Well yes,"Draco replied,"Why not?"

Pansy swallowed some of her curry."Well, you know you two tend to butt heads quite a lot."

"And well..."Blaise's expression turned nervous."Wasn't your father against it?"

There was a dramatic silence, of which Pansy and Blaise were practically holding their breaths. 

Draco took a sharp intake of his own breath, then released it slowly."He was. I'm sure you're very well aware that he would have preferred me to be with a woman. Specifically of money and a pure-blood family."

"But?"Pansy asked carefully. 

A small smile appeared on Draco's face."Harry. He said some things, and so my father let it happen. He wasn't happy it, nor did he dare think it would last, mind you. I think he was just planning on talking to me, and persuade me to come to my senses."

"And did he bring it up?"

Draco nodded."He didn't full out talk to me about the whole thing, but every now and then would throw some things casually into the conversation about dismissing Harry,"he bit his lip,"More than once he even dared to say something right in front of him. As if he wasn't even there."

Pansy paused."Did Harry...?"

"No, he never said anything about it. Not even when it was just us two,"he sighed,"I knew it bothered him though, I could see it in his eyes. Yet...he never did or said anything."

"What about your mum?" Blaise queried. 

"She didn't care as long as I was happy. Granted, she didn't like Harry much at the beginning, but I would notice she and Harry would go off into the garden sometimes. I think that was her way of 'testing' him,"he shuddered,"I caught her showing him a baby picture once."

Pansy snorted."Was it the one with you-"

"No, I was not naked thank you very much,"Draco snapped, his pale face turning a shade of deep pink.

Blaise joined Pansy's laughter.

Draco crossed his arms."Alright! That's enough laughing."

His friends sighed, wiping tears off their eyes.

"Sorry, sorry, but she should have. That would have been brilliant,"Pansy said, grinning. 

Draco sneered as the two went back to eating. He went back to his own food after a good few minutes of glaring. 

"You know,"he stated quietly,"Sometimes I wonder how we'll get through this."

"You and Harry?"Pansy asked.

"Yes, I mean, we were never friends. All it took was for me to lose my memory completely, and suddenly we were stuck together. We're two complete opposites. Harry would stick his neck out for anyone, and I would hardly step out of line if it meant possible death,"he set down his bowl,"We still butt heads a lot, who's to say one day we have enough or it gets out of hand?"

When neither friend said anything, he continued.

"I'm from a rich, known family. I've been raised with very different views than him, I've been brought up under a strict household. Rules that I've always lived under. Always save my own skin, be better than anyone else...I've always been so snobby."

"Draco..."Pansy trailed off.

"I'm so used to living a certain way and with different morals. What if I get tired of living with his? What if he can't stand mine? What if, we can't even agree to one thing because of such different views on the matter? If there's one thing I know, it's that things happen in the most sudden of ways. One minute, Harry and I could be happy, and the next, we're second guessing each other and our motives."

It was if his worries were all spilling out at once. Worries that he had dismissed before, shattered into pieces and threw away. But were now coming back, building back up and reflecting the negative emotions Draco had not bothered to look at. 

"What if...we just don't stand a chance?"

There was silence, and Draco felt a large lump form in his throat, that, like his emotions, he chose to ignore. He went back to his food. His friends followed pursuit, not knowing what to say until one of them broke the deafening silence.

"Where is Potter anyway?"Blaise asked, looking up from his curry. 

"Just picking up a few things at the shopping market,"Draco tsked,"Should have told him to bring some more salt."

Just as he was considering looking around for anything else they would need, a ball of light entered the kitchen, then became a large, shining, stag. 

Pansy gasped."Is that?"

Draco stared at it suspiciously."It's Harry's corporeal patronus."

Pansy and Blaise stared at it with immense curiosity and awe-struck expressions. 

At once, they heard Harry's strained voice. It cut off every now and then, breaking off his sentences. 

"Carrow...attacking me...careful, she might...some type of...more of them...forest...aghh!"

With the last sound, the stag shrunk into a small orb, and dissolved into bits of shimmering light. 

Pansy and Blaise looked at Draco, who was now on his feet in full alert. 

"That was a warning...and by the looks of it, it didn't seem he had the upper hand in whatever was going on,"he muttered. 

"But what does it mean?" Pansy asked.

There was a short pause of silence until abruptly there was a knock at the door, making the Slytherins jump slightly in their seats. Immediately, they prepared their wands, and Draco approached the door warily. 

"Draco it's us! Hermione and Ron! Harry's in trouble!"

~~~

"We received his Patronus too. I think Alecto attacked him, and he sent out the patronus to warn us that she might be after us...or you,"Hermione glanced at Draco, then back to the group,"It's likely she has some sort of plan...and by what Harry said in his message, there might be more Death Eaters teamed with her."

"What about the forest bit?"Blaise asked. 

Ron looked at him."Yeah we were confused about that too, but then realized he could have meant the Forbidden Forest."

Pansy's eyebrows screwed up together."At Hogwarts? Why-?"

"We don't know, but it seems like our only option right now,"Hermione responded. 

There was a pause, then Draco stood up and started pacing."Alright,"he muttered,"we'll go to the Hogwarts grounds, and search the Forest for Harry. If we want to get there in time for whatever they're planning, we better get going. Now."

~~~

"We should warn McGonagall, or anyone in the Hogwarts campus,"Hermione said as they arrived into the forest.

Draco paused."That would cause a huge panic, and we don't even know what their plan is. What if they use it against us?"

"I suppose you're right..."Hermione murmured,"I think we should at least talk to Hagrid. He knows these woods better than anyone. We could use his help in this. I'll go."

Ron grabbed her hand."Not alone you won't, I'm coming with you just in case."

"Alright, alright. Get going, we'll start searching. Use Vermilious if anyone gets lost,"Draco stated, then ran into the forest with Pansy and Blaise, wands brandished.

//

"What would they want with Harry anyway?"Ron questioned as he and Hermione ran towards Hagrid's hut. 

"I think they're still after Draco, and now that they're finally official and out to the public, they're using him as bait."

"What's-,"Ron panted,"What's to say they won't hurt him?"

Hermione's expression changed grimly."That's the thing, what's to say they don't want to kill two birds with one stone?"

"Oh Merlin, we need to find him!"

//

"When do you reckon he'll get here?"

Draco stopped in his tracks, Blaise and Pansy stopping with him. He put a finger to his lips and crouched behind a bush. 

"I don't know, not long I suppose. I mean we've got his boyfriend right? Should be anyyy minute."

Draco bit his lip and his friends sent him worried glances.

"Where did the boss go anyway with the Potter boy?"

"Astronomy tower. She said she wanted to 'replay a scene', whatever the bloody hell that meant."

In a beat, Draco was back up, and without waiting on Blaise and Pansy, sprinted away.

Time to end this.

~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 9.5K 34
The war just ended, and the world has been saved. But Draco Malfoy and his family are now facing trial, and Harry has to wonder whether he should rev...
754K 16.9K 35
Harry sent an Instagram friend request to Draco Malfoy the night before they had to return for Hogwarts Eighth Year, they start talking and VideoChat...
743K 23.4K 32
*Completed Story* The class was assigned to brew a complicated ageing potion, and Harry was stuck with Malfoy as his pair. What happens when somethin...
952 7 14
After months of abuse from his friends, and Years of abuse from his muggle family, Harry Potter finds himself in the arms of Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. S...