Damsel In Distress (COMPLETED...

By JoMarch08

Trope: ✓ marriage of convenience ✓ hate-to-love ✓ slow-burn ✓ Muslim characters/love story ✓ Bad boy/good gir... More

Prologue
CHAPTER: 1 | THE WEDDING (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 2 | THE WEDDING (PART 2)
CHAPTER: 3 | AFTER STORM (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 4 | AFTER STORM (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 5 | THE DAWN (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 6 | THE DAWN (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 7 | THE OTHMANS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 8 | THE OTHMANS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 9 | THE OTHMANS (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 10 | CERTAIN UNCERTAINTIES (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 11 | WEDDING BELLS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 12 | WEDDING BELLS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 13 | WRONG IMPRESSIONS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 14 | WRONG IMPRESSIONS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 15 | CONNECTING DOTS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 16 | CONNECTING DOTS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 17 | BITTER REALITY (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 18 | BITTER REALITY (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 19 | BLAST FROM THE PAST (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 20 | BLAST FROM THE PAST (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 21 | THE CONSEQUENCES (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 22 | THE CONSEQUENCES (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 23 | BURNING HEARTS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 24 | BURNING HEARTS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 26 | SCATTERED PEARLS (PART-2)
CHAPTER : 27 | WOUNDED SCARS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 28 | WOUNDED SCARS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 29 | THE NEGOTIATION (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 30 | THE NEGOTIATION (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 31 | OBLIVIOUS SOULS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 32 | OBLIVIOUS SOULS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 33 | RUDE AWAKENING (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 34 | RUDE AWAKENING (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 35 | AWKWARD CONFRONTATIONS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 36 | AWKWARD CONFRONTATIONS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 37 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 38 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 39| CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 40 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-4)
CHAPTER: 41 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-5)
CHAPTER: 42 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-6)
CHAPTER: 43 | CHANGE OF HEARTS(PART-7)
CHAPTER: 44 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-8)
CHAPTER: 45| THE GAME (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 46 | THE GAME (PART-2)
SUMMARY OF THE STORY SO FAR
CHAPTER: 47| PLOT TWIST (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 48| PLOT TWIST (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 49| THE PARTY (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 50| THE PARTY (PART-2)
THE BUTTON (A BONUS CHAPTER)
CHAPTER: 51| BETWEEN US (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 52| BETWEEN US (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 53| BETWEEN US (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 54| BETWEEN US (PART-4)
CHAPTER: 55| THE ART OF LETTING GO(PART-1)
CHAPTER 56 | THE ART OF LETTING GO(PART-2)
CHAPTER: 57 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-3)
CHAPTER 58 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-4)
CHAPTER 59 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-5)
CHAPTER 60| THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-6)
CHAPTER: 61 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-7)
CHAPTER: 62 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-8)
CHAPTER: 63 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-9)
CHAPTER: 64 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-10)
CHAPTER: 65 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-11)
CHAPTER: 66 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-12)
CHAPTER: 67 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-13)
CHAPTER: 68 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-14)
CHAPTER: 69 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-15)
CHAPTER: 70 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-16)
CHAPTER: 71 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-17)
CHAPTER: 72 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-18)
CHAPTER: 73 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-19)
CHAPTER: 74 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-20)
CHAPTER: 75| THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-21)
CHAPTER: 76 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 77 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 78 |THE ECLIPSE (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 79 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-4)
CHAPTER: 80 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-5)
CHAPTER: 81 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-6)
CHAPTER: 82 | HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 83 | HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 84 | LILAC SKY (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 85 | LILAC SKY (PART-2)
EPILOGUE | DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
BONUS CHAPTER: 1 | ZEESHAN AND SARAH'S STORY
A/N

CHAPTER: 25 | SCATTERED PEARLS (PART-1)

6.6K 602 80
By JoMarch08

ASSALAMUALAIKUMMMM!!!!!

*UNEDITED*
***************************************************

Stepping out of the Ahmed Residence, Aariz was greeted with the sight of his matte-black Lambo, idling by the staircase, in front of the mansion. It took him a few seconds to recognise that the car was his. Appalled, he balled his palms into a fist, nails digging his skin, he went stomping down the stairs and stood in front of the bonnet with his eyes wide and his jaws ajar.

Someone had decorated his car with vibrant red roses.

What agitated him the most was the roses on the bonnet, which were arranged in a heart shape with Laiba's and his, initials inside.

"WHAT THE F**K???" He shouted in frustration, taking a step forward, visibly fuming.

Burhaan and Shah, who were standing at a distance in the courtyard, snapped their heads at the direction of the voice. They looked at Aariz and then at each other with horror-stricken eyes before running towards him.

"F***ING WHO DID THIS TO MY CAR????" He bawled at them furiously when they got near him. His skin turning crimson due to rage.

Everyone knew how Aariz was when he got angry and Burhaan definitely did not wish for his nose to be broken right then.

Therefore, he did want he could do to save himself at the moment.

He stomped on Shah's foot before he could blurt out the truth, out of his loyalty for Aariz, shutting him off. "We don't know." He then quickly defended, holding his hands up in surrender and shaking his head while Shah was jumping on his place in pain, beside him.

Aariz cursed under his breath, turning away from the car, pacing as much away as he could from it. He clenched his hair, ruining his perfectly made up spikes in the process as he tried to control his anger. He couldn't understand what was happening to him at the moment. He was so aggravated that he himself couldn't decipher the reason. He could feel his blood boiling in his vein and his pulses racing in his chest.

"Aariz! Chill, it's no biggie." Burhaan, intimidated by his brother, took a step back. "I'll take it off." He added urgently, trying to calm him down.

Aariz closed his eyes and with clenched jaws retorted, "I. Want. Every. Single. F***ing. Petal. Off. Of. My. Car." He grunted the words, jabbing a finger and taking slow, heavy steps towards him. "Do you understand???" He asked pointedly, standing an inch away from his face.

His younger brother gulped and nodded his head, leaning away from him, frightened.

Aariz gave him a hard glare before walking past him, dashing Burhaan's shoulder on his way and sending him staggering on his feet.

As soon as he was gone, Burhaan and Shah, together launched onto the car and started snatching the roses off of the car as fast as they could.

Aariz climbed up the staircase, finger combing his hair. He reached the threshold and halted at the entrance where everyone was circling Laiba and Sarah who were crying on each other's arms.

Aariz rolled his eyes, bored out if wits.

He went forward and tapped on Areesha shoulders. When she turned around, he grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the crowd and out of the mansion.

"Could you please ask them to hurry up????" Aariz whisper-said, "I can't take this anymore." He sounded pissed.

Areesha gave him a look, "Why so impatient, Riz?" She waggled her eyebrows.

"Not at all funny, Areesha!!" He scowled, getting angrier.

His sister laughed, "Okay! Bad timing." She commented, sobering up. "I'll see what I can do." She went back inside, leaving him sulking on the threshold.

After a while of waiting, to his relief, everyone finally came out.

Aariz straightened up and very reluctantly held out his hand when Haider Ahmed asked for it and when Faheem Othman nudge him from the back, signalling him to oblige. Haider Ahmed placed Laiba's hand in his and started telling him to take care of her and things of that sort which all went straight above his head. His mind was stuck on the feeling of her hand in his which was cold against his warm one's.

It was nothing but repelling.

Like fire and ice.

For the sake of the spectators, he took her with him and they both started descended the stairs with their families following behind. Once they reached the car, Aariz, gently, withdrew his hand from hers and opened the door of the passenger seat for her.

Sniffing, Laiba turned around and looked at the mansion and the people standing behind her one last time before getting into the car.

Aariz closed the door and wheeled around to get to the driving seat. He popped open the door and plopped himself down on the seat. Shutting the door, he turned the key in the ignition and roared the engine to life as he drove out of the Ahmed Residence.

Once the newly wed couple were out of their sight, the rest of the people bid their farewells to the Ahmeds and took their leave as well.

Haider Ahmed and Sarah Ahmed, stood at the courtyard, watching the cars manoeuvre out of the mansion, one after the other. They both looked at each other with teary-eyes before turning away and getting inside the mansion, hand in hand.

***************************************************

The waiter approached the table with two plates of sandwiches and two steaming mugs of coffee. He placed them on the table and they both thanked him with a nod. As soon as he retreated, Omar didn't waste a second launching at Zeeshan.

"Are you telling me that you ran away, three days before your wedding which was suppose to be, today???" He expressed his incredulity, eyes widened and palms flat on the table.

Zeeshan mused, "If you put it that way, yeah!" He grabbed the mug of coffee and looked away from his questioning eyes.

Omar fell back on his chair, shaking his head. "Damn! No wonder I had visitors asking for you."

He placed the mug back on the table, "What??" He snapped.

Omar bobbed his head, "Two days ago, someone came by looking for you. I don't remember his name, though." He appraised him.

Zeeshan furrowed his eyebrows and bit his nails in wonder, "Was he weird?"

"Totally." He rolled his eyes.

Zeeshan bit his lips, "Must be, Shah."

"Who's he? And why the hell did you run away from your wedding?? Did you not like girl or something??"

He appraised him, "Look! It's complicated. I'll tell everything later, okay?"

"Okayyy.." He dragged, raised his eyebrow, perplexed.

"For now, just know that the last thing I want is for them, I mean, my family to find me. There's things that I need to fix up before I go back home and I want you to help me."

He raised his eyebrows, "What do you want me to do?"

"A few stuffs." Zeeshan took a sip of his coffee before continuing, "For starters, a place to stay and some cash. I'll return you every penny."

Omar scowled, "Save it." He waved his hand, "I owe you bigger things."

"Thanks, man." Zeeshan sighed.

"Don't mention it." He brushed it off.

They both ate their sandwiches and drank their coffee in silence.

"So?" Omar began, wiping his hands with a tissue paper. "Are you going to tell me now? Or when?"

Zeeshan licked his lips, collapsing his hands in front of him. "This is a little embarrassing but do you remember, Handal?"

Omar narrowed his eyes in wonder, "What about her?"

"Everything."

"Dude! Are you serious? Is this all about a girl?" He chuckled mockingly, "It's been two years, get over her man."

Zeeshan shook his head, snorting. "For your kind information, I was never into her.." He laughed humourlessly.

"But-" Omar looked confused. "Weren't you both a thing or something?"

Zeeshan glanced up at him and leaned over the table, "No! We were just friends."

He then fell quiet, leaving Omar deep in thoughts.

"Dude!" Zeeshan further continued hesitantly, "I did something wrong." He whispered with an edge in his voice.

Omar straightened up in his seat, "What??" He asked curiously.

He averted his gaze, guiltily. "Let's just say I have got some unfinished business  to do, in this town."

********************************************

Just a filler chapter🤗🤗

Next one will be better I promise😊

Vote and comment😁

Allah Hafiz🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 20.5K 37
"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘺𝘦...
89.2K 3.6K 31
"Biwi, biwi lagti hai yeh meri. Aur kuch sunna hai?" ***** "Jab biwi nahi thi tab itna farq parra tha ab to biwi ho" ****** " tumhara hi hu , andar b...
413K 28.1K 33
NOOR SHEIKH "He always loved her and he still love her, I was never his priority" MUHAMMAD DAIYAN MALIK "You are nothing but a replacement of my firs...
20.5K 1.8K 37
Nyla Azim is loved as much as she is hated. She is outspoken, extroverted, and too deep in her own thoughts to care what other people think about her...