A Drop In The Ocean (A Zayn M...

By MyOwnSelf

What began as just an ordinary day for one Elena Gates is turned upside down when she sees an unfamiliar boy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Authors Note PLEASE READ!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Acknowledgements

Chapter 7

26.7K 614 124
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: Hey guys. Guess what? I started school two days ago. YAAAAAAAA-no.

Meh. I really don't have much to say...

This is dedicated to ishine4youu CAUSE SHE IS BRILLIAM. GO READ HER STORIES. THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!

Hmmm... what else...

Si usted puede leer esto, a continuación, escriba los pingüinos en los comentarios.

HEEHEE.

Follow me on twitter, @MusicGleeAnd1D

~Grace xx

----------------------------------------------

                                                              ***Elena's P.O.V.***

I inhaled a deep breath, then quickly expelled the air out of my lungs. My feet ached from the seemingly endless hours of walking, and were just now granted the break they had been begging for all day.

"That was a lot of shopping." Harry stated simply. And he was right, that was a lot of shopping we did.

Right we were sitting  at Grandma's Bar & Grill, one of my favorite restaurants here in Duluth, which also happened to be right across the street from our hotel.

We had just dropped off our many bags of everything we had bought from clothes, to shoes, and even a bunch of weird knick-knacks that Louis somehow justified getting.

Throughout the course of the day, I became exceedingly closer to the boys. They truly were great people, and I found myself lucky to be in their presence.

They had this aura about them. It was like a light, that brightened my day. I know what sounds cliche, and cheesy, but it’s true. The way they could joke around, and have fun, and make everything positive was astounding. Honestly, I wish there were more people around like them.

These boys had something special about them, and I could tell from almost the instant I met them. I can’t quite put into words what it is, though. Maybe it was their loyalty to each other, or their brotherly attitude, our the wonderful outlook on the world they had. Everything seemed to be okay, no matter what happens, when I’m around them.

And that scared me to death.

If I had only known these lads for a day, and already had this close of a connection to them, then what would happen after spending a week, or maybe even a month, of being around them? They obviously weren’t from here, so I assume they must be going home at some point. I can’t get so attached to them. I just can’t.

Even though each of them had something different, but equally amazing, about them, I found myself getting the closest to Zayn.

His smile brought butterflies to my stomach, whenever he spoke, he sounded angelic. Even the mere thought of him made me insane.

That also scared me.

I shouldn’t be feeling this way about a boy I just met, let alone one that is completely out of my league. Zayn is handsome, I’m ugly. Zayn is special, I’m average. I also was sure that Zayn was the type of guy who could get any girl he wants, yet to my knowledge he didn’t have a girlfriend.

No matter how many times I attempted to force down my emotions towards him, they kept bubbling back up every time I looked in his beautiful eyes. They mesmerized me, locked me in a trance, of which I couldn’t escape.

However, I just need to forget about how I feel towards him, or this could end in disaster-

“Elena?” Liam’s cool voice snapped me out of my daydream about Zayn, and I realized I had been staring into space the whole time.

“Yes Liam?” I answered politely.

“Are you alright?” His voice had a timid edge to it.

 “Yeah, of course, why?”

“You just zoned out there for a minute there.”

My face blushed a soft pink, as I mumbled a sorry, and went to looking down at the menu in front of me, as the other boys had already been nose deep in them, deciding on what to order.

My eyes flickered over the page for a moment, but I was suddenly aware of someone’s leaning over next to me.

 “You look cute when you blush.” someone whispered slowly into my ear, and I felt their hot breath on my neck.

My breath hitched in my throat as Zayn leaned back away from me, and studied his menu, with a smirk placed on his face.

My mouth went dry as I tried to ignore what he had just said, and focus on deciding what to eat, but I want constantly aware of Zayn’s stare burning a hole through my head.

I wetted my lips, as they had begun to dry too, and just then a waitress whos name tag read ‘Hannah’ walked up to our table.

Her shoulder length dirty blonde hair fell around her neck, as straight bangs framed her pretty face. She had a sweet smile, and seemed like a lovely girl.

“Hello, my name is Hannah, and I’ll be your server today. Can I get you all some drinks to start?” She fed us her practiced line, preparing her pen to write down our orders on a pad of paper she pulled out of her apron.

We all told her what drinks we wanted, and she smiled softly, then turned and walked towards the kitchen in the back of the room.

I noticed Niall watching her leave with a look in his eye, that was easy to read.

Niall liked Hannah.

The thought of it made me smirk in his direction, and he noticed me looking at him. I think he understood the look I was giving him, because his cheeks turned a rosy color, and he gazed quickly down towards his lap.

Niall snuck a look up at me, and I winked at him with a goofy smile plastered on my face.

My expression caused him to chuckle quietly, and all the boys threw us both odd looks.

I just ignored their confused expressions, as I winked at Niall once more, and began to once again evaluate my menu.

Zayn had tensed beside me, and taking a look at his hands, I saw them chaffing against each other roughly, as if he was mad about something. But I had no idea what this could mean, so I just left that issue alone, as I already had enough to deal with.

Hannah soon came back with our drinks, and took our orders. We all made small talk, discussing things that either didn’t matter, or made no difference, such as the weather, or something else random.

It was nice to just sit here and talk about nothing with them. I never really got to do anything of this sort. I’d never really had very close friends, and spending most of my time alone had caused me to grow more and more anti social. But every second I spent with these boys, I could feel myself breaking through the shy shell I had encased myself in a long time ago.

It was good feeling, and it made me crave to spend even more time with them. The girl took our food orders, delivered them, and about an hour later, we had all finished up eating, and the boys insisted on paying the check, ignoring my protests. I eventually gave up, realizing it was an uphill battle, that I was not going to win.

We all walked together towards the door to leave, but Niall seemed to remember something, and ran back towards our table, where Hannah was cleaning up the plates.

He said something to her, that made her smile like an idiot, and giggle. I raised my eyebrow, intrigued, as I watched him flirt with her. It was quite entertaining, actually. Finally, she wrote something down on a piece of paper that she then handed to him. They bid farewell, and he made his way back to us, the large smile not once wiping off his face.

“What was that all about?” Zayn asked him, in an amused tone.

“Oh, nothing.” I could even hear the smile in his voice. Liam, Louis, and Harry had now started paying attention, and had looks of confusion crossing over their features.

“That girl just gave Niall her phone number.” I smirked.

If looks could kill, then I would have already been dead. Niall gave me a look as if trying to murder me with his mind, but the guys just laughed at us. I smiled innocently, and started walking towards the exit.

Right when we stepped out of the door, and onto the pavement, my phone rang in my pocket. I signaled for the boys to stop, as I pulled it out, and gazed at the caller ID.

Why was my boss calling me in the middle of the day? This was my day off.

“Hello?” I answered it.

“Elena?”

“Yes?” My boss was a very kind, middle aged man named Mr. Hillcrest, but he had always told me to call him by his first name, Rob.

“Oh thank goodness, Elena,” The relief in his voice made me even more curious as to what this could be about.

“Is there a problem Rob?” The boys heard me saying his name, and gave me inquiring looks, but I just mouthed ‘my boss’ to them. However, that seemed to confuse them even more, so I gave up and focused on the person on the other line of the phone.

“Yes. Melanie just called in saying she’s stuck in traffic, and can’t get to work in time for the one o’ clock show.

“Well what about Cindie?” I suggested.

“She’s been out sick with the flu for a week. I’m terribly sorry, but we need you to come in and cover for her.

“Well, I sort of had plans...” I trailed off, hating that I had to turn him down.

“Please, Elena? You’re the only one who can do it, and I have no other options. I’ll pay you double?” His voice begged me, and I had no other choice but to answer him back.

“Okay, I’ll be there soon.”

“Oh, thank you so much Elena!”

“Anytime, Rob.” I smiled a small smile, happy I was making him stop worrying.

We said goodbye, and I hung up. I looked up to the boys who were watching me intently, waiting for an explaination.

“I’m really, really sorry guys, but that was my boss, and he needs me at work. It’s an emergency.” I said apologetically.

“Oh, it’s alright.” Liam said, as their features softened with understanding.

“Thanks, guys, I appreciate it, a lot.”

“That’s fine. So, where are we going?” Zayn asked, catching me by surprise.

“You want to come with me?” I asked them, questioningly.

“Of course we do!” Niall chirped.

“Well, I guess that’s fine...” I decided.

We walked over to the car in the parking lot, and got in. I was about to start the car, when Louis asked from behind me, “Where do you work, anyway?”

I smirked, and answered back, “You’ll see.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Blech. I hate writing filler chapters :( BUT THE NEXT ONE SHOULD HAVE A BIT MORE ACTION! :D

QUESTION: Where do you think Elena works? ;)

COMMENT! VOTE! FAN! WOOOOOO!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 782 30
[Wes Hicks x Male oc x Chad Martin meeks] -Poly relationship - - Sequel to "The Girl Next Door" || Scream 1996 || Billy loomis & Stu Macher - - IN...
24K 810 28
"Go to hell, Iriwn." "See you there, Rockford."
382K 13.2K 23
"you're not actually that much of an asshole." "thanks, babe. now can we fuck ??" "..." "is that a yes?" _____ this is the first book! second book:...
138K 5K 48
"For some people, "the point of no return" begins at the very moment their souls become aware of each others' existence." ― C. JoyBell C.