Chapter 31

A/N: Hiya, everybody!!! :D

AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END! PLEASE READ IT! :)

OH MY GOSH, IT'S "THE" CHAPTER, OMFG, ARE YOU DYING WITH EXCITEMENT LIKE I AM, ERMAGERD ^.^

~Grace xx 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                         ***Elena's P.O.V.***

I attempted to shove down the nervousness I was feeling in my throat, as I walked along the beach, rocks tumbling and shifting beneath my moving feet.

As a way to ease my worry, I straightened out my sky blue shirt, and looked down, checking that my dark wash jeans and gray vans were all in order. Deciding that the outfit I had earlier deemed not too dressy, but not too casual, as I had added a few simple accessories here and there, was looking alright, I kept on walking.

I didn't even have to ask; I knew where he would choose to meet me.

The time it took for me to decide to accept his invitation was less than it takes to blink. There was no doubt in my mind that this was the right thing to do. Besides, I'm pretty sure that my heart would have taken over and made the decision for me, if my brain wasn't on board too.

I had barely gotten any sleep last night; Thinking of this day made me jittery. My mom could hardly calm me down enough to get dressed, although by her wide smile and glimmering eyes, I could tell she was extremely happy for me, too.

Finally building up the courage to bring my gaze away from the ground, I lifted up my head, glancing around the empty beach for any sign of him. The sky was just starting to grow gray, and the light breeze made me thankful I had chosen a long sleeved shirt.

Then, I saw it.

About 30 feet in front of me, on the finer sand of the beach, was a checkered picnic blanket. Surrounding it were a few lanterns, lighting up the large woven basket, pillows, and warm, fuzzy blanket. However, exciting me more than I had ever imagined, I saw him.

The orange glow highlighted his perfect cheekbones, and reflected off his dark brown eyes. In them I saw worry, I saw anxiety, and I saw tension; Which all disappeared the moment he saw me.

I froze in my spot, watching as Zayn's smile grew wider than it ever had before, as his eyes lit up with happiness and disbelief. There was only one way to describe Zayn's expression that night; Pure joy.

Something hit me in the gut; Like a ton of bricks. Very much like the feeling I had when I saw him nearly drown that first day. The feeling of every fiber in your body being drawn towards something. Or in this case, someone.

So, giving in to my need for Zayn, for my need to be near him, for my need to be with him, I walked in his direction, as fast as I could, until we were finally standing right in front of each other, our eye contact never breaking once it had initiated.

"You came." He whispered, looking down at me with analyzing eyes, flitting across my face.

Tilting my head up towards him, I nodded very lightly.

"I came."

"Does that mean you'll go on a date with me?" He asked, remaining quiet, as if he would somehow change my mind.

"I thought you'd never ask," I replied softly, with a small smirk, courage bubbling inside me; I did always feel more brave around him.

"Then please," Zayn said, motioning for me to take a seat on the blanket, growing more moxie himself, "Join me."