Chapter 30

A/N: IT'S SHORT, AND A FILLER, BUT IT'S LEADING INTO "THE" CHAPTER, SO EEEEEEP EXCITEMENT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

~Grace xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                              ***Zayn’s P.O.V.***

 My hands were clamped around the steering wheel of the car, so hard that my knuckles were turning white. I am an absolute idiot.

 What is wrong with me?! Why in the world did I kiss her cheek?! I’m such a moron! She probably thinks I’m trying to make a move on her, or something!

 I continued to chastise myself, thinking about all of the awful things that could come possibly from my actions, even though deep down I knew that it wasn’t the end of the world.

 It’s just, the feeling that I could possibly ruin whatever is going on between Elena and I, if there is anything, over a stupid little mistake, made me overly anxious. I didn’t even regret actually kissing her, I would do it again if I could, I just regret the aftermath.

 I rolled up to our new house, seeing the lights still beaming through the windows; They were awake. However, when I had parked in the driveway, I didn’t get out of the car.

 After a second of sitting in the still silence, I lifted up my fist, abruptly punching the wheel, trying to get my anger out. When I had, though, I felt even worse.

 I leaned forward, resting my forehead against the cold rim of the wheel, my mind spinning, and my heart beating wildly.

 Then, I remembered the kiss. The feeling of her soft skin under my lips, the smell of her blueberry scented perfume, the way she made my body heat up, and my cheeks flush. How she had done this to me, ever since I first met her. How I had to restrain myself from just sweeping her up in my arms, and kissing her tenderly. How it caused me pain to not be around her.

 And suddenly, it was just too much.

 My overwhelming feelings for the brown eyed girl, the way her smile could light up a room, the feeling I got in my gut when her eyes glimmered with joy. I just couldn’t handle it anymore.

 So, with courage bubbling up in my stomach, I whipped out my phone, calling the Information number, and asking the Operator for the number of a shop I fleetingly remembered seeing on that day out, that seemed like years ago, even though it wasn’t any more than a week, with Elena.

 This was it. This was my chance.

 And I wasn’t going to let it slip away.

                                                                         :~:~:

                                                              ***Elena’s P.O.V.***

 Why in the world is someone awake at this hour?! I said to myself, rushing down the stairs of my apartment, having been woken up by the ringing of my doorbell. It was almost midnight, and I had only been asleep for about an hour.

 Still clad in my pajama pants and t shirt, my hair probably a wreck, I pulled open my door, ready to chew out whoever had brought me out of my peaceful sleep.

 “Delivery for Elena Gates,” The man wearing khakis said immediately when he saw the door was ajar.

 “Um, yeah, that’s me.” I said hesitantly. As I signed for the package he carried under his arm, too tired to question what was in the box, the man, looking to be a few years older than me, grinned.

 “Thanks, ma’am. Have a nice night!” He said, handing me the box after my signature was written in pen on the paper attached to his clip board. The man did seem awfully cheery for being awake and working at this time, but I didn’t think about it much, as I said goodbye, and closed the door.

 After locking the door, now completely awake, I inspected the skinny box sitting in my hands. The 1 and a half foot by 5 inch box was a velvety dark red, with a single ribbon tied around its width in a bow.

 Baffled by the late delivery, and my curiosity taking over, I pulled at the end of the ribbon, causing it to unfold, the gracefully drift to the floor, slipping through my fingers.

 Slowly, carefully, I shifting my grasp so that one hand was holding up the box, and the other was resting on the lid, I pulled up gently, revealing the contents of the package.

 Laying in a cushion of baby pink tissue paper, was a single red rose, the color of a sparkling ruby.

 Taken aback by the beautiful surprise, I picked up the small card laying on top of the stem, the front of it reading “Stacey’s Flower Shop, Downtown Duluth, Minnesota”. Although the logo of the shop sounded oddly familiar, I brushed it aside, opening the card with a flick of my finger.

 “Dear Elena,” It read, “Do me the great honor of joining me on a date?”

 I spent the next few minutes, staring wide eyed, my jaw dropped, at the signature.

Zayn xx

---------------------

A/N: AHHHHH, I'M SCREECHING WITH EXCITEMENT :D COMMENT IF YOU ARE TOO! I WANNA KNOW WHAT Y'ALL ARE THINKIN' ^.^

Speaking of comments, do you guys like it when I reply? Please tell me!!!! Thanks!!! :)

~Grace xx